China raises concern over US troop bo...

China raises concern over US troop boost in Northern Territory

There are 172 comments on the www.heraldsun.com.au story from Nov 16, 2011, titled China raises concern over US troop boost in Northern Territory. In it, www.heraldsun.com.au reports that:

UPDATE 7.10am: CHINA has issued a stern warning that housing extra US troops in Darwin may not be appropriate or in Australia's best interests.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.heraldsun.com.au.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Myth Buster

Bandar, Malaysia

#164 Jan 26, 2012
Blunt wrote:
<quoted text>Its economic growth by stealth. Flood the market with cheap counterfiet products...the more thats sold for their "cheapness" , the less demand for the real thing. This slowly but surely has a detrimental effect on demand for the real thing , and in so doing,undermines the targeted country's manufacturing base,which results in job losses. Add to that the false under-valued yuan , and heavily subsidised manufacturing in China and you have the basic Chinese economic strategy. Malaysia and all other Asian economies are well aware of this MB, which is why they will never trust China.
U have little idea of what China export.
Almost all the smart phones, laptop of whatever brand are made in China.
China is so huge. U can always find something on the fringe and use that as stereotype. Not a smart thing to do if I were u.
Myth Buster

Bandar, Malaysia

#165 Jan 26, 2012
Blunt wrote:
The main problem for China is, that they have now become dependant on exports to other countries, in particular,USA. and Europe......USA economy falters,China faulters. Euro economy faulters, China faulters......its a lose/lose strategy in the longterm.
How much of China's GDP is export?
It depends on who u believe in.
Here are some expert views:
Th Economist Jan 3rd 2008 | from the print edition.
An old Chinese myth
Contrary to popular wisdom, China's rapid growth is not hugely dependent on exports
...export share is just under 10% of GDP. That makes China slightly more exposed to exports than Japan, but nowhere near as export-led as Taiwan or Singapore.

---------
China's GDP depends only for 10 percent on export - Arthur Kroeber
Unlike popular believe China's GDP depends only for ten percent on export, not 40 percent, says Arthur Kroeber, manager director of Beijing-based research firm Dragonomics, according to Sify. The limits the country's exposure against failling export considerably.
China's dependence on exports is not as heavy as may seem at first glance. Officially, exports account for 37 per cent of its revenues and seem to be the driver of the Chinese economy.
But independent surveys by Dragonomics, an advisory firm specializing in China, put its "true" export share at just under 10 per cent of its GDP.
It is internal investments, which account for 40 per cent of its GDP, that are the driving force of China's economy. Although part of them is channeled into export-oriented projects, the global financial crunch will not slow China considerably.
Myth Buster

Bandar, Malaysia

#166 Jan 26, 2012
Another Dave wrote:
<quoted text>All the posts are still here, shouldn't be hard to find evidence of your claims. if it actually exists:)
Come on that was 3 months ago.
It is rest.

Since: Mar 11

Newcastle

#167 Jan 26, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on that was 3 months ago.
It is rest.
Yeah, thought so.

“Free Speech in a Free World ”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#168 Jan 27, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
U have little idea of what China export.
Almost all the smart phones, laptop of whatever brand are made in China.
China is so huge. U can always find something on the fringe and use that as stereotype. Not a smart thing to do if I were u.
Computers are also made in Japan and Malaysia and.......

Since: Mar 11

Newcastle

#169 Jan 27, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
U have little idea of what China export.
Almost all the smart phones, laptop of whatever brand are made in China.
China is so huge. U can always find something on the fringe and use that as stereotype. Not a smart thing to do if I were u.
Things get to be stereotypes because they are true so often. Not wise to ignore or deny.
Myth Buster

Ipoh, Malaysia

#170 Jan 27, 2012
Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
Computers are also made in Japan and Malaysia and.......
Some PC are made in the backyards like ordering your fast food.
The major brands of laptops and PC are mostly from China. I don't know of any laptop made in Malaysia.
Myth Buster

Ipoh, Malaysia

#171 Jan 27, 2012
Another Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Things get to be stereotypes because they are true so often. Not wise to ignore or deny.
Stereo types can be manufactured by the media especially stereotype of people living in far away places.
Journalists are too lazy to check the facts. Most of the time they copy from each other and they ridicule those who dare to report anything against the prejudice of their readers.
It is easier to report what your readers like to read.

Since: Mar 11

Newcastle

#172 Jan 27, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Stereo types can be manufactured by the media especially stereotype of people living in far away places.
Journalists are too lazy to check the facts. Most of the time they copy from each other and they ridicule those who dare to report anything against the prejudice of their readers.
It is easier to report what your readers like to read.
Not so easy if there is a free source of information. Unless you put up a great firewall or something.
Myth Buster

Ipoh, Malaysia

#173 Jan 27, 2012
Another Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Not so easy if there is a free source of information. Unless you put up a great firewall or something.
People who believe their "free" media often letdown their defense and get brainwashed. All the successful con jobs come from people u trust.

Since: Mar 11

Newcastle

#174 Jan 27, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
People who believe their "free" media often letdown their defense and get brainwashed. All the successful con jobs come from people u trust.
I doubt anyone on here has any illusions about the media. So what is your alternative. I suppose you have access to an unimpeachable source? Or are you as brainwashed as you seem to think the rest of us are?
Myth Buster

Ipoh, Malaysia

#175 Jan 27, 2012
Another Dave wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt anyone on here has any illusions about the media. So what is your alternative. I suppose you have access to an unimpeachable source? Or are you as brainwashed as you seem to think the rest of us are?
On certain subjects I know a bit more, on other subjects, I have to learn from others. Reading multiple languages and having friends all over the world help me get more balanced view.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darwin, Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dogging in Dawrin (May '12) Jun 21 Tally8 4
News Shell boss talks up Sydney LNG terminal Jun 5 Trump2016 1
TAX the RICH ! Take Back your Money ! Feb '16 BANNED in NARRABEEN 1
News Hanson: halal a 'money-making racket' (Apr '15) Dec '15 Vote UKIP 15
The DONALD - WHY He Married a RUSSIAN IMMIGRANT ! (Dec '15) Dec '15 IVANA GoodTime Only 2
News Dutch car wins solar power race. Is technology ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Solarman 1
dogging in Darwin (Jul '15) Jul '15 doggong lover 2
More from around the web