Tourist left behind on Barrier Reef

Jun 28, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Age

A US tourist has been forced to swim for help after realising he was left behind on a Great Barrier Reef snorkelling trip.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Jun 29, 2011
Elias

Brighton East, Australia

#1 Jun 28, 2011
Probably loud and obnoxious.

“NO ANZUS”

Since: Nov 10

Southern California

#2 Jun 29, 2011
http://www.theage.com.au/travel/travel-incide...

Update to this story. Australian tourist operator says the American left abandoned to the sharks is "making a mountain out of a molehill" because its like "being left behind at a beach’’. And Australians wonder why there are no tourists?

Yanks at the Barrier Reef are as safe as POMS at Wolf Creek.

US State Department should make a TRAVEL WARNING to American tourists STUPID enough to travel
to this anti-american cesspool downunder.
Aussie Aussie Aussie

Brisbane, Australia

#3 Jun 29, 2011
So what he's only a silly yank
Ahomana

Perth, Australia

#4 Jun 29, 2011
Mr Humbert wrote:
http://www.theage.com.au/trave l/travel-incidents/like-being- left-at-the-beach-stranded-sno rkeller-accused-of-attention-s eeking-20110629-1gqgm.html
Update to this story. Australian tourist operator says the American left abandoned to the sharks is "making a mountain out of a molehill" because its like "being left behind at a beach’’. And Australians wonder why there are no tourists?
Yanks at the Barrier Reef are as safe as POMS at Wolf Creek.
US State Department should make a TRAVEL WARNING to American tourists STUPID enough to travel
to this anti-american cesspool downunder.
Actually the reasons tourism has dropped off is because of the strength of the Aussie dollar so most can't afford to holiday here........but you wouldn't know what that is like in YANKVILLE at the moment with your dollar slumping to an all time low.....And the yank tourist was meant to be a treat for the sharks, they think you're a sweet you know?......Sharks! all brawn and no brains.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cairns, Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kiwis banned from joining Aussie Army (Apr '13) Jul '14 dontask 101
Australia's last 'tracker' Barry Port retires Jul '14 Big abo petrol sn... 1
Gangs, booze and sex - 'ghetto' life in Australia Jun '14 _0rion_ 2
Mega resorts for Cairns, Gold Coast May '14 Doris McMorris 1
Australia says co-operation with Sri Lanka to p... Apr '14 Ding dong demala 9
Cyclone Ita set for landfall in Queensland as t... Apr '14 my bare bum 1
My Kitchen Rules recap: The Captain and Tennill... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Gr0vvur0vvn 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Cairns, Australia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••