Sex offender had an alibi: family

Jul 12, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Sydney Morning Herald

Fred Martens with his children, from left, Jodi, Emily and Leon. AN AUSTRALIAN pilot jailed for a sex crime in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea was actually flying an aircraft 1000 kilometres away at the time, ...

Comments
41 - 58 of 58 Comments Last updated Nov 28, 2010
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Ngali”

Since: Jun 08

Perth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Oct 10, 2008
 
So what? I'm sure this guy and his supporters would say that - and they may even be right - but that's neither here no there as far as his guilt is concerned.

“Whats up?”

Since: Sep 08

Brisbane

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Oct 10, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Well, I've looked into my crystal ball, "Justice will prevail", and they will release him soon.

“Whats up?”

Since: Sep 08

Brisbane

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Oct 10, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Although he has been convicted through trial by ambush, as far as his guilt is concerned, Martens case is still on going, therefore his case is not concluded.
Cassie T

Altona, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Jan 22, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Wananavu1 - where there is smoke there is fire, and i agree with Ngali that this guy is giving off more than a Saudi Arabian oil fire. Martens appears to have spent much time in PNG, what was he doing there by way of relationships? Wives? Children? What was the norm for him? Had he become too incultrated in PNG tribal practices as relate to women? There currently appears to be more questions than answers. The Australian Government still has Martens locked up after several years. And that is after an appeal and the submission of 'new evidence'. Something was up.
Casa

Altona, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Jan 22, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

General comment: I note that WANANAVU1 has attacked the critical thinkers that have taken the time to blog here. What is in it for him? And the book he has mentioned that will tell the story...ha..., it will be a lame duck one sided story from the sound of his blogs....Perhaps he should read some of the earlier blogs and sus out the 'abandoned children' post for a different & perhaps more realistic perspective, or would that mess with his defence of this offender. Get smart and learn how too spell before you write a book Wananavu1.
Emily Martens

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Mar 11, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Disappointed children wrote:
Everything about this guy is dodgy, i should know im one of the few dozen children that he has had & forgotten about! There are many of us, all girls, to women all over Australia & beyond. Fred was always running off with the other woman & taking the $$$ leaving his soon to be ex's & children with nothing but debt (i was born in the 1970s & im not the eldest of his children!). Examine for a moment the online info on Fred, his brothers name is put forward Peter Wheatley (Wheatley which is in fact his family name)Fred's surname is not even Martens, he obtained the surname Martens from my mothers ex husband. Fred has also used alias names and alt middle initials over the years. Honest men dont behave in this manner! I doubt that Fred will ever read this but if he does id like him to know that without his help & against the odds this daughter has made a success of herself! I can only hope he does not do a runner on the 7 PNG children that have been dumped on his incompetent brothers rental property in QLD.
this is his eldest Emily er living in Mareeba, you havent lived with him and known him like i do.my father (FRED) is a loving and kind hearted man! he would never do what he was accused of! I LOVE MY DAD SO MUCH!! and how dare you say what you said, even you being one of his children.. its just totally ridiculous! you should be ASHAMED of yourself!
Emily Martens

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Mar 11, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Disappointed children wrote:
If any of my half sisters happen to read this,(Heidi, Kerry-anne, Penny, Tina, Jasmine and others) love to you all. Look me up on FACEBOOK i would love to get in touch & catch up with kids. Our father may be a loser but we dont choose our parents do we :. Suzy Larkins
This Emily,(one of Fred's other kids). and you know what?? F**K YOU!! dont you dare say that about my dad!=( GOSH!! and i dont wanna meet up with you! erghh.. infact, i never wanna meet you or see you! My father is a loving and kind hearted man. how dare you say that?? huh? its just stupid!!

“A world full of hypocrites”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Mar 11, 2009
 
Research wrote:
Because a jury of his peers found him guilty of the crime.
You forgot to add, "based on the evidence put before them"

You cannot BLAME the jury in any case.

It was up to the prosecution and his defence council to put their evidence to either convict or have the case dismissed.

Where was all this evidence until now?

“Whats up?”

Since: Sep 08

Brisbane

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Apr 4, 2009
 
Cassie T wrote:
Wananavu1 - where there is smoke there is fire, and i agree with Ngali that this guy is giving off more than a Saudi Arabian oil fire. Martens appears to have spent much time in PNG, what was he doing there by way of relationships? Wives? Children? What was the norm for him? Had he become too incultrated in PNG tribal practices as relate to women? There currently appears to be more questions than answers. The Australian Government still has Martens locked up after several years. And that is after an appeal and the submission of 'new evidence'. Something was up.
I agree with 'Proud Parents' what Fred does in PNG is his business. Have you heard of political red tape, obviously not - No one is owing up and sad to say that does not help a man thats already in Jail. Have you read the news lately on this case?

“Whats up?”

Since: Sep 08

Brisbane

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Apr 4, 2009
 
Casa wrote:
General comment: I note that WANANAVU1 has attacked the critical thinkers that have taken the time to blog here. What is in it for him? And the book he has mentioned that will tell the story...ha..., it will be a lame duck one sided story from the sound of his blogs....Perhaps he should read some of the earlier blogs and sus out the 'abandoned children' post for a different & perhaps more realistic perspective, or would that mess with his defence of this offender. Get smart and learn how too spell before you write a book Wananavu1.
I dont have to learn how to spell, you get your facts straight. To be a devil advocate gives a better prospective about this case, obviously you are not. "The truth will prevail"

“Whats up?”

Since: Sep 08

Brisbane

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Apr 4, 2009
 
wallabyedward wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to add, "based on the evidence put before them"
You cannot BLAME the jury in any case.
It was up to the prosecution and his defence council to put their evidence to either convict or have the case dismissed.
Where was all this evidence until now?
I agree, obviously his legal team performed badly, preparation is a key to a good defence.
Casa

Maribyrnong, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Apr 8, 2009
 
WANANAVU1 = "I dont have to learn how to spell, you get your facts straight. To be a devil advocate gives a better prospective about this case, obviously you are not. "The truth will prevail" ..."

Hu... Go again with last.
Did you mean 'devils advocate'? So the correct use of the plural form and spelling are areas of most concern for you.
What is actually in this for you, it appears personal?

“Whats up?”

Since: Sep 08

Brisbane

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Jul 28, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Casa wrote:
WANANAVU1 = "I dont have to learn how to spell, you get your facts straight. To be a devil advocate gives a better prospective about this case, obviously you are not. "The truth will prevail" ..."
Hu... Go again with last.
Did you mean 'devils advocate'? So the correct use of the plural form and spelling are areas of most concern for you.
What is actually in this for you, it appears personal?
Typo is one of things that we've come across when using a keyboard and Im quite sure you checked all your plural...before you post...when studying this case so thoroughly and following it so closely..it can become personnel when you know so much and the truth behind it all...have you heard of the latest......it really should be of no concern to you!
Wiseman

Peak Crossing, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Sep 21, 2009
 
Here is a perfect example of an innocent man wrongly convicted for five & half years. Gross Miscarriage of Justice.
More recently,
This is very rare, after being convicted to be released from prison on bail.(due to exceptional circumstances). Three Judges in Brisbane on the 26th May 2009, finally released this man from prison after reviewing new and fresh evidence, that the girl fabricated certain evidence in his Trial.
A written judgment of the court said, that on the current state of the evidence there were reasons for serious concern the complainant concocted part of her evidence (involving a plane flight) and had admitted fabricating the allegation she was raped. "If the new evidence commands acceptance at the hearing of the appeal, then Martens is likely to have his convictions set aside." the court wrote.
The dirt always comes to the surface sometimes you just have to dig a little to find it.
Capt Bob

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Feb 1, 2010
 
Fred Martens is a Con Artist and Pedophile. I know this rock spider and had dealings with him in Cairns.

Yea many people in the aviation industry now about Fed Martens, don't be taken in by his sobb story, Police have been after him for a long time know doubt about it.
WiseWoman

Footscray, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Feb 20, 2010
 
Hear Hear! Capt Bob, could not have put it better myself...... People remember you for all the wrong reasons Fred. We all wonder if you are capable of doing the right thing by anyone ever. Disloyal, dishonest, and untrustworthy drunkard are just a few words clearly descriptive of YOU. I feel sorry for all the children, how embarrasing to have that as a father.
Anonymous Post

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Nov 28, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Its been a long time, but information has come out this man is innocent.

I mean how can you ever fully disapprove such an accusation? Its like being asked to prove god didn't exist. How do you prove a negative?

But he should not have been imprisoned, and I hope he sues and gets a SHITLOAD.

I have been falsely accused of the sexual abuse of children by Child Protection, I didn't go to prison, I only lost the children I love.

Nobody can possibly imagine the nightmare until you experience it, and its something you never fully recover from, but take as a black curse to your grave.

At least this guy might get some justice, I know in my case I have NO chance, my character would be too easily assassinated in the aristocratic and judgmental court system- not that I would ever have the huge amounts of money needed to take action. There is no justice for poor people.

Oneday I hope history notes how many men were subjected to witchhunts over false allegations. I have NO PROBLEM with real abusers being prosecuted, but you need UNBIASED EVIDENCE, and strict standards of evidence, and my god all children's interviews need to be video recorded. You would be surprised how easily they can have a twisted conversation with a 3 Year Old child and find the "evidence" they need.

Good luck to this guy, I have only limited information on the situation, but from what I have read I am strongly convinced his is innocent. I really hope he wins, in a small way, it will feel like victory to me. I hope he leaves Australia, I would if it was realistic.
Capt Bob

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Nov 28, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Fred Martens is a Rock Spider, ask him about the time he visited Cairns while atempting to complete a Helicopter Pilots Licence the time when he arrived from PNG with a young Girl and how his office staff were phoning looking for Fred because the father of the Girl wanted to know were she was??
He had taken her out of the country with out anyone knowing..
He put her back on the plane and sent her home to PNG, I can't count the times he came to Cairns with a different girl each time. He used to call white woman Silver Bellys.. Yea he's a real charmer..

He is a con artist and I for one would love to bump into him...!!! He deserves nothing..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cairns, Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kiwis banned from joining Aussie Army (Apr '13) Jul '14 dontask 101
Australia's last 'tracker' Barry Port retires Jul '14 Big abo petrol sn... 1
Gangs, booze and sex - 'ghetto' life in Australia Jun '14 _0rion_ 2
Mega resorts for Cairns, Gold Coast May '14 Doris McMorris 1
Australia says co-operation with Sri Lanka to p... Apr '14 Ding dong demala 9
Cyclone Ita set for landfall in Queensland as t... Apr '14 my bare bum 1
My Kitchen Rules recap: The Captain and Tennill... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Gr0vvur0vvn 2

Search the Cairns, Australia Forum:
•••