Baby given back to parents after alle...

Baby given back to parents after alleged ecstasy poisoning

There are 2 comments on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation story from Jan 6, 2009, titled Baby given back to parents after alleged ecstasy poisoning. In it, Australian Broadcasting Corporation reports that:

The baby's parents have faced the Cairns Magistrates Court. Map: Cairns 4870 A baby girl has been released from hospital in far north Queensland and back into the care of her Victorian parents, hours after they ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

Cam

Australia

#1 Jan 6, 2009
I ask why where they not charged for a drug effence. From an innicent family whom had to fight for my kids trough welfare I say go figure. Guilty parents have kids everywhere. The system is failing we see it al the time. If these people get to keep that child what is this teaching society
Newt

Mullumbimby, Australia

#2 Jan 6, 2009
I now hear they thought they were giving the baby 'colic' medicine.

Have to ask, how do they put the baby back in their custody when a)babies medicines never come in tablet form and b)even having ecstasy in one's possession is a crime let alone feeding it to your baby.

One questions whether the decision to place children back into the hands of people being investigated depends on the level of case to case publicity and DOCS' concern for how they'd look if they were wrong to take the child/ren?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cairns, Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cairns Music Thread (Dec '14) Fri Musikologist 3
Questions On Moving To Cairns (Sep '15) Oct '15 Goosebumps69 4
News Global warming may increase odds of unprecedent... (Sep '15) Sep '15 SpaceBlues 1
They live among you (Jul '15) Jul '15 voodoo_friday 1
News Secret recordings of Labor election 'deal' (May '15) May '15 Cath League of Du... 1
Talent Acquisition (Apr '15) Apr '15 Tan 1
News Gay Mixed-HIV-Status Couple Study Has No Transm... (Mar '15) Apr '15 Arbin Larfin 4
More from around the web