Residents to prepare for cyclone | En...

Residents to prepare for cyclone | Environment | Telstra BigPond News

There are 4 comments on the bigpondnews.com story from Jan 23, 2010, titled Residents to prepare for cyclone | Environment | Telstra BigPond News. In it, bigpondnews.com reports that:

Residents in far north Queensland have been warned they risk being left short of critical supplies unless they start preparing for tropical cyclone Olga.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at bigpondnews.com.

Gottaliv

Brisbane, Australia

#1 Jan 23, 2010
Anybody from NQ here? Looks like it might cross at Cooktown or very near about 7pm tonight.

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/satellite.jsp

I'm further down the coast and we're getting gusty winds and some heavy showers.

Friend in Innisfail said they were getting blown around a bit last night, would be worse today.

Long range forecaster predicted only 3-5 cyclones of less than usual intensity for NQ this year - 2 down (?) to go.

Hope things don't get too bad for you all up there, we certainly pay a price for living in sunny Queensland eh!
Happy curry

Australia

#2 Jan 23, 2010
Gottaliv wrote:
Anybody from NQ here? Looks like it might cross at Cooktown or very near about 7pm tonight.
http://www.weatherzone.com.au/satellite.jsp
I'm further down the coast and we're getting gusty winds and some heavy showers.
Friend in Innisfail said they were getting blown around a bit last night, would be worse today.
Long range forecaster predicted only 3-5 cyclones of less than usual intensity for NQ this year - 2 down (?) to go.
Hope things don't get too bad for you all up there, we certainly pay a price for living in sunny Queensland eh!
buzz off paki.
Daintree

Bentley, Australia

#3 Jan 23, 2010
Yes quite close. My forest is in the firing line though. Cooktown just had Neville and now Olga so they probably getting a bit fed up.

They are worse when they hit south of Cairns because the Bruce Goat Track gets flooded and we do not get food suplies. Happens every year.

Maybe just last 10 minutes getting a bit blowy and slanted rain.
Gottaliv

Brisbane, Australia

#4 Jan 23, 2010
Daintree wrote:
Yes quite close. My forest is in the firing line though. Cooktown just had Neville and now Olga so they probably getting a bit fed up. They are worse when they hit south of Cairns because the Bruce Goat Track gets flooded and we do not get food suplies. Happens every year. Maybe just last 10 minutes getting a bit blowy and slanted rain.
Will be thinking of you, we've escaped cyclones for quite a while now, not floods though. Got another three months to go and it'll be over for another year. Exciting eh, we call it living dangerously.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cairns, Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Discreet Quality Hash/Stash/Wee-d/Coke & Meds i... Wed Green Trip 1
Questions On Moving To Cairns (Sep '15) Oct '15 Goosebumps69 4
News Global warming may increase odds of unprecedent... (Sep '15) Sep '15 SpaceBlues 1
They live among you (Jul '15) Jul '15 voodoo_friday 1
Cairns Music Thread (Dec '14) Jun '15 Musikologist 2
News Secret recordings of Labor election 'deal' (May '15) May '15 Cath League of Du... 1
Talent Acquisition (Apr '15) Apr '15 Tan 1
More from around the web