Monster cyclone bears down on north Australian coast

Full story: TwinCities.com
Tens of thousands of Australians stocked up on food and hunkered in sturdy shelters Wednesday as a monster cyclone approached the northeast coast with furious winds, rains and surging seas on a scale unseen there in generations. Full Story
pamela JENKINS
#1 Feb 2, 2011
My thoughts and now prayers for the safety of everyone there as I remember what HURRICANE LUIS was like here on the island of St Martin/ St Maarten on September 05 1995 which was a monster category 5 as well.
oh my God I just hope everyone survives and it does not last too long. LUIS was stuck for 48 hours. I just hope that everyone obeys the orders given to them and goes to shelters as the destruction can not be described
Please know that all the way over here on the island of St Martin I am watching and only this morning did Australia score a mention in the news..
Praying for you all that you will survive....
Pamela Jenkins
Lars Rimfalk Jensen

Copenhagen, Denmark

#2 Feb 2, 2011
My thought are with you all in north Queensland and I hope all my friends from Holloway Beach stay safe
5of12in1908

UK

#3 Feb 2, 2011
Good luck Queensland!

England has its fingers crossed for you all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cairns, Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Australian woman charged with murder of 8 children 5 hr golly 7
Kiwis banned from joining Aussie Army (Apr '13) Dec 10 Stan Dandyliver 121
Cairns Music Thread Dec 10 Musikologist 1
No way! THIS is Australiai 1 2i 1 2i 1 2s best ... Dec 5 Dutch expat 1
12 things you didn't know about I'm A Celebrity... Nov 24 just me 1
Australia's Plan Won't Save Great Barrier Reef:... Oct '14 Sarah Hanson Young 1
Priest at centre of paedophile allegations arri... Oct '14 Kent 3
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:05 pm PST