US expected to stop imports of Australian bees

Feb 23, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Australian Broadcasting Corporation

A key export market for live bees could be closed for good because of the Asian honeybee infestation.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of65
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 10

Southern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

If only we could STOP imports of arrogant non tipping Australian tourists.

Australians are flat out the WORST tourists in the world. Go to Bali instead. Do your Aussie Aussie oi oi drunken bullshit there. Australians are NOT WELCOME here in America.

Since: Feb 10

Glebe, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Mr Humbert wrote:
Australians are flat out the WORST tourists in the world. Go to Bali instead. Do your Aussie Aussie oi oi drunken bullshit there. Australians are NOT WELCOME here in America.
Awww - did the mean Aussie tourists forget to tip you?

NB: tipping is not automatic in Australia, some people refuse on principle to tip at all, others tip only when the service is good. Maybe you should lift your game if you want tips from Aussies.

"Australians are NOT WELCOME here in America"

Thats strange, I was made to feel very welcome when I visited the US. I hear the same story from other Aussies.
SKG

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

Tiger7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww - did the mean Aussie tourists forget to tip you?
NB: tipping is not automatic in Australia, some people refuse on principle to tip at all, others tip only when the service is good. Maybe you should lift your game if you want tips from Aussies.
"Australians are NOT WELCOME here in America"
Thats strange, I was made to feel very welcome when I visited the US. I hear the same story from other Aussies.
You should tip in America.

Since: Feb 10

Glebe, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

SKG wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, you miss the point. Humberts post isnt about tipping, its about denigrating Australians.
John

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

SKG wrote:
<quoted text>
You should shut your wog mouth and crawl your filth back to your foreign slum.
Go home to your dictator.

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Mr Humbert wrote:
Yes they are. You are not. Go live in Venenzuala with your buddy Hugo. And take your cousin/wife with you.
SKG

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

John wrote:
<quoted text>
You should shut your wog mouth and crawl your filth back to your foreign slum.
Go home to your dictator.
lol bet you typed this in a fit of anger. You are Mentally weak!

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

Henry Moore wrote:
I love visiting the USA. Always feel very welcome there.
Ya'll come visit Texas and we'll see Willie and go country and Western dancin'!
Robert

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

Another matter that has just started to receive attention;

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://ebiblefellowship.com/may21/index.html

May God bless and have mercy on us.

“We don't have to take it”

Since: Jun 08

WhereTFamI?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

ANOTHER Oz industry bites the dust because of ANOTHER Asian infestation. So how many down and how many left to go now? Banana industry will be next if the gov allows imports from the Philippines.
----------

Wednesday, 23/02/2011

A key export market for live bees could be closed for good because of the Asian honeybee infestation.

The pest bees were first detected in Cairns in 2007, and since then, 350 swarms have been destroyed.

A taxpayer-funded National Management Group recently decided the incursion could not be eradicated.

Bee exporter Warren Taylor says if the eradication campaign stops, it'll kill the lucrative bee trade to the United States.

"The USDA recently put a temporary ban on Australian bees until they saw what the Gillard Government did to contain or eradicate the incursion," he said.

"Now they've decided to not put anymore money into the eradication or containment, we feel very sure that after the end of March, the USDA will put a permanent ban on Australian bees."

Palestine, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Gottaliv wrote:
ANOTHER Oz industry bites the dust because of ANOTHER Asian infestation. So how many down and how many left to go now? Banana industry will be next if the gov allows imports from the Philippines.
----------
Wednesday, 23/02/2011
The pest bees were first detected in Cairns in 2007, and since then, 350 swarms have been destroyed.
A taxpayer-funded National Management Group recently decided the incursion could not be eradicated.
Bee exporter Warren Taylor says if the eradication campaign stops, it'll kill the lucrative bee trade to the United States.
"The USDA recently put a temporary ban on Australian bees until they saw what the Gillard Government did to contain or eradicate the incursion," he said.
"Now they've decided to not put anymore money into the eradication or containment, we feel very sure that after the end of March, the USDA will put a permanent ban on Australian bees."
There are many things not allowed in Australia also, it works both ways. Both American and Australian experts and univeristies are working on the problem. The bees are very important to both countries agriculture.

Palestine, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

Henry Moore wrote:
I was in Texas in 1984. Saw Houston, Amarillo, and of course Dallas. Nice state with open spaces like Australia has.
Did you eat the 72 ounce steak in Amarillo?? It's free if you finish it!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many things not allowed in Australia also, it works both ways. Both American and Australian experts and univeristies are working on the problem. The bees are very important to both countries agriculture.
The main problem with the demise of bee populations worldwide is chemical fertilisers, insecticides, microwave radiation emissions by phone, wireless, TV towers and satellites, which disrupt insect and bird homing, direction and operating senses. These things break down their natural immunity making them very susceptible to disease and illness, just the same as humans and all other life forms are effected by chemical imbalance and saturation from oil based junk.

They medicate humans to cover the symptoms, but it's pretty hard to mediate wildlife. So it will only get worse and food production will drop dramatically as pollination decreases exponentially,

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Henry Moore wrote:
I was in Texas in 1984. Saw Houston, Amarillo, and of course Dallas. Nice state with open spaces like Australia has.
I was there a bit over 2 years ago and have been visiting regularly since the 1960's, it's changed dramatically over that time and not for the better.

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Palawa wrote:
<quoted text>
The main problem with the demise of bee populations worldwide is chemical fertilisers, insecticides, microwave radiation emissions by phone, wireless, TV towers and satellites, which disrupt insect and bird homing, direction and operating senses. These things break down their natural immunity making them very susceptible to disease and illness, just the same as humans and all other life forms are effected by chemical imbalance and saturation from oil based junk.
They medicate humans to cover the symptoms, but it's pretty hard to mediate wildlife. So it will only get worse and food production will drop dramatically as pollination decreases exponentially,
It's bee mites you idiot, nothing do with tv towers, insectisides or other problems you fabricated. The only imbalnce is between your ears. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/05/...

You are a huge monument to stupidity. We know you dislike Americans, but don't look like a stinking fool while trying to advertise it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

<quoted text>
It's bee mites you idiot, nothing do with tv towers, insectisides or other problems you fabricated. The only imbalnce is between your ears. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/05/...
You are a huge monument to stupidity. We know you dislike Americans, but don't look like a stinking fool while trying to advertise it.
It's a scientific fact nutter, when you reduce the immune system it becomes more susceptible and has less resistance to attack from disease and parasites. Of course part of the problem is a mite, I assumed most people would know that. But it's not the whole problem as bees are disappearing en mass around the world and that's why yanks were importing our bees, to replenish their diminishing stocks.

As a brain dead ideologist, you only ever look at one aspect and that's the one fed to you by other wankers. Logical humans look at the over all picture and what it consists of, not just what's fed to them like you.

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Palawa wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a scientific fact nutter, when you reduce the immune system it becomes more susceptible and has less resistance to attack from disease and parasites. Of course part of the problem is a mite, I assumed most people would know that. But it's not the whole problem as bees are disappearing en mass around the world and that's why yanks were importing our bees, to replenish their diminishing stocks.
As a brain dead ideologist, you only ever look at one aspect and that's the one fed to you by other wankers. Logical humans look at the over all picture and what it consists of, not just what's fed to them like you.
You don't know sh*t sherlock holmes. You just spew anti american vomit and hope others buy it. Not working, braniac. The problem is being solved and imports will start again. America apiarares are improving, universities are also improving bee stocks. If it's so bad, go drown yourself. We won't miss you.
Vlad

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

<quoted text>
Did you eat the 72 ounce steak in Amarillo?? It's free if you finish it!
The 72 ounce big Texan!?. I heard of it, I might try it one day.

Humbert, Aussies are very much welcome in the USA.
Vlad

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

There is a reason why the US is importing bees, it has to do with what is on your table each night, food. Bees spread pollen which is useful in agriculture. The world population of bees are falling, so this can potentially destroy food production.
CecilRhodes

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

Mr Humbert wrote:
I always liked Australians. I used to know a guy named Steve The Aussie. We would drink these giant cans of beer until we puked. Steve would call that a "technicolor yawn". Yeah, Aussies are OK.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of65
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cairns, Australia Discussions

Search the Cairns, Australia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Australia's last 'tracker' Barry Port retires Jul 4 Big abo petrol sniffer 1
Gangs, booze and sex - 'ghetto' life in Australia Jun 25 _0rion_ 2
Kiwis banned from joining Aussie Army (Apr '13) Jun 18 Mare tetaite te rupe 93
Mega resorts for Cairns, Gold Coast May '14 Doris McMorris 1
Australia says co-operation with Sri Lanka to p... Apr '14 Ding dong demala 9
Cyclone Ita set for landfall in Queensland as t... Apr '14 my bare bum 1
My Kitchen Rules recap: The Captain and Tennill... Feb '14 Gr0vvur0vvn 2
•••
•••