Sri Lanka: Six years later

Sri Lanka: Six years later

There are 69 comments on the Salon.com story from Dec 22, 2010, titled Sri Lanka: Six years later. In it, Salon.com reports that:

Just another old white dude with a beard. My blog is always OPEN to correction of facts and amenable to civilized debate on matters of interpretation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Salon.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
CrimeaRiver - IMP

UK

#1 Dec 22, 2010
Great Blog!!
Rohan

Tauranga, New Zealand

#2 Dec 22, 2010
Wikileaks says what USA thinks about Sht Lanka.

Hating USA is no good for Sht Lanka.

6 years won't come.
Punc

Markham, Canada

#3 Dec 22, 2010
Rohan wrote:
Wikileaks says what USA thinks about Sht Lanka.
Hating USA is no good for Sht Lanka.
6 years won't come.
6 years wont come for the killer demalu. LOL

“Tamil Nadu belongs to Tamils”

Since: Aug 10

Colombo, Sri Lanka

#4 Dec 22, 2010
Rohan wrote:
Wikileaks says what USA thinks about Sht Lanka.
Hating USA is no good for Sht Lanka.
6 years won't come.
USA is the curse of the whole world. USA has killed millions of people in the past 5-6 decades. Read some world history, without just whining about nonexistant Tamil grieviences. That is what matters to all of us. We have to see how to survive in this world, not how we can create ethnic tensions and carve out countries out of other peoples countries. That is what the global dictator USA wants. Don't play into their hands. You are not so stupid like the other Tamilealam fanatics. Get educated about the world we live in.
Rohan

Tauranga, New Zealand

#5 Dec 22, 2010
TruthSano wrote:
<quoted text>
USA is the curse of the whole world. USA has killed millions of people in the past 5-6 decades. Read some world history, without just whining about nonexistant Tamil grieviences. That is what matters to all of us. We have to see how to survive in this world, not how we can create ethnic tensions and carve out countries out of other peoples countries. That is what the global dictator USA wants. Don't play into their hands. You are not so stupid like the other Tamilealam fanatics. Get educated about the world we live in.
What you wrote is not wrong; but can you practice is the question. Can anyone practice is the question.

We are all Eela/Hela people. And all the rest you know.... as I wrote many times here.

We need to understand this; and we need to accept and respect each others identity such as Singheela, Tamileela and Arabeela People.

We are all have our common identity as ONE PEOPLE Ancestry as whole or part. We have understand and accept our Ancestry.

Are prepared to do that?
anver

Sri Lanka

#6 Dec 23, 2010
kandy
Ban Ki Moon

Sri Lanka

#7 Dec 23, 2010
TruthSano wrote:
<quoted text>
USA is the curse of the whole world.
Before all you are curse to the whole universe. Racial oora, simply get lost.
Clint

Tamworth, UK

#8 Dec 23, 2010
Without the US & West fighting in Afgan & iran your contries would have been over run by Muslim terirists. They are not fighting to save the world not just the west........
Still Dying

UK

#9 Dec 23, 2010
Clint wrote:
Without the US & West fighting in Afgan & iran your contries would have been over run by Muslim terirists. They are not fighting to save the world not just the west........
We'd like to think that is the case. But its not.

The British spread Christianity across Africa and Asia. So i don't think stemming religious indoctrination is high on their agenda.

Its purely political global warfare to ensure dominance in the global market for decades to come.

There's nothing wrong with that, since Nations came into existence this has been their main goal.

But we shouldn't kid ourselves into thinking wars are fought over 'right and wrong'. They are not. And 'WE' as plebs don't see the spoils of war. Only directors or major companies and private security agencies see the profits.

But let us not forget that BRITAIN did once fight a justified war against Naziism. But America's intentions and actions during that war were far from admirable. Thats always been their way.
Rohan

Tauranga, New Zealand

#10 Dec 23, 2010
Islamic Jihadists want to spread their RELIGION by all means.

They weak their main opponents such as Christianity/Hinduism/Buddhism .

Somehow they will get through and dominate as they did 1000 years ago as Moghuls.

“Tamil Nadu belongs to Tamils”

Since: Aug 10

Colombo, Sri Lanka

#11 Dec 24, 2010
Rohan wrote:
<quoted text>
What you wrote is not wrong; but can you practice is the question. Can anyone practice is the question.
We are all Eela/Hela people. And all the rest you know.... as I wrote many times here.
We need to understand this; and we need to accept and respect each others identity such as Singheela, Tamileela and Arabeela People.
We are all have our common identity as ONE PEOPLE Ancestry as whole or part. We have understand and accept our Ancestry.
Are prepared to do that?
Sinhalese and Tamils are not one people, Rohan. How can they be one people? If they are one people why fight for a seperate state in Cinkalam?

Tamileelam is a new term, coined by Tamil seperatists only a few decades ago. Eelam means Sinhala.

http://dsal.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/philologic/g...

If you respect the island you claim as your home, respect her and her history. She produced the Sinhala people and the Sinhala language. The Sinhalese are the island people, and they are identity is intimately connected with the their island. The island has all throughout history been associated with the Sinhala people, not the Tamils. Tamils do not have this special relationship with the island, because Tamils are not a product of the island. Tamil people and the Tamil language is a product of the Tamil country, present day Tamil Nadu. RESPECT this, this should be the basis of our existence together, not wierd made up freak stories about Sinhalese being ex-Tamils, you keep posting here.

There are some Sinhalese with Tamil ancestry, but they are Sinhalese today, not Tamils and also that doesn't make whole of Sri Lanka into a Tamil country. For example: There are many French people with English ancestry - does it make the French into Englishmen and France into an English country?

Before the colonial British regime in Sri Lanka began with communal representation, the Tamils never claimed to be native to Sri Lanka and have always cherished their connections to Tamil Nadu and South India. What you repeatedly write here is pure stupid nonsense. There was never a people called Tamileela people or a country called Tamileelam. Eelam means Sinhala refering to the island.
Rohan

Tauranga, New Zealand

#12 Dec 24, 2010
TruthSano wrote:
<quoted text>
Sinhalese and Tamils are not one people, Rohan. How can they be one people? If they are one people why fight for a seperate state in Cinkalam?
Tamileelam is a new term, coined by Tamil seperatists only a few decades ago. Eelam means Sinhala.
http://dsal.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/philologic/g...
If you respect the island you claim as your home, respect her and her history. She produced the Sinhala people and the Sinhala language. The Sinhalese are the island people, and they are identity is intimately connected with the their island. The island has all throughout history been associated with the Sinhala people, not the Tamils. Tamils do not have this special relationship with the island, because Tamils are not a product of the island. Tamil people and the Tamil language is a product of the Tamil country, present day Tamil Nadu. RESPECT this, this should be the basis of our existence together, not wierd made up freak stories about Sinhalese being ex-Tamils, you keep posting here.
There are some Sinhalese with Tamil ancestry, but they are Sinhalese today, not Tamils and also that doesn't make whole of Sri Lanka into a Tamil country. For example: There are many French people with English ancestry - does it make the French into Englishmen and France into an English country?
Before the colonial British regime in Sri Lanka began with communal representation, the Tamils never claimed to be native to Sri Lanka and have always cherished their connections to Tamil Nadu and South India. What you repeatedly write here is pure stupid nonsense. There was never a people called Tamileela people or a country called Tamileelam. Eelam means Sinhala refering to the island.
"Eelam means Sinhala refering to the island."

How? Do you know what you are talking about? Do you understand what you are talking about.

Eelam/Eelanadu is the Original Name for this Country(not island).

Also, since the influence of the Sanskrit, Eelam was/is called as Hela. Hela is the Sanskrit form of pronounciating Ela.

Then the City of Poompukar went under the Sea nearly 10000 years ago, Eelanadu become Eela Thivu as separated from the Main Land.

Siva Eela or Siwela in Tamil and Sivhela or Siwhela in Sanskrit were used for this country during the King Ravanan's Era as respecting God Siva and His People.

Singh Eela term had been started to use AFTER the conversion to Buddhism. Singh Eela People are mainly and mostly used for the Buddhist People of Eelam.

Since the Arrival of the Arabic Traders and inter marriage of the Native women, well over 1000 years ago, our Muslim Community were/are our Ancestral Brethren.

It is good to understand the TRUTH and Bring the Peace and Harmony among the ONE people. Singheela/Tamela/Arabeela people are all Have ONE Ancestry and ONE PEOPLE.

Language can come and go; Religions can come and go; But our Ancestral Oneness/Unity will stay forever and Unite Us.
Riyaz khaleed

Colombo, Sri Lanka

#13 Dec 24, 2010
Rohan wrote:
Islamic Jihadists want to spread their RELIGION by all means.
They weak their main opponents such as Christianity/Hinduism/Buddhism .
Somehow they will get through and dominate as they did 1000 years ago as Moghuls.
What do you understand by the Arabic word Jihadist? can u clarify.

If Islam is spread by all means as alledged,
& Muslims were ruling India for thousands of years.
Then why is that Muslims in india today are a minority?
Surely if moghul emperors had spread Islam at a point of sword their wont be a single Hindu in India today but the fact is 80% of Indians today are hindus.
Rohan

Tauranga, New Zealand

#14 Dec 25, 2010
Riyaz khaleed wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you understand by the Arabic word Jihadist? can u clarify.
If Islam is spread by all means as alledged,
& Muslims were ruling India for thousands of years.
Then why is that Muslims in india today are a minority?
Surely if moghul emperors had spread Islam at a point of sword their wont be a single Hindu in India today but the fact is 80% of Indians today are hindus.
Hi Riyaz, Jihadist means "Struggle" or in simple English "Overcome" the Barricades of Life. This is the Very Good Advice is given to the Weak and Soft hearted people to Win Over their Weakness by Self-Esteem. Jihad Mindset gives and grows Self-Esteem(for anyone and everyone).

BUT, the current world(Islamic and non-Islamic) ABUSES the word 'Jihad' for their own material/military advantage. Being SILENCE by Muslims and Non-Muslims regarding THIS is Crime and SIN.

----------

Regarding India and Muslim population:

British India includes Pakistan, Bangaladesh,(current)India and Ceylon and Burma as well. During the British time, Traders, including Gujaratis, Sinthus and Muslims migrated all over British Empire(Africas,NZ,Aussie,Pacif ics,and some mid-Americas).

After the independants most of the Muslims were pushed into Pakistan and Bangaladesh. Still, India's Muslims are more than Pakistan's population.

Most of the Bengal Muslims went back to Vaishnawa Tradition. Even Gurajatis and Sikhs' converted Muslims went back to their own Traditions during the British time. Some of the Traditional Muslims went into Sufi(Hindu flavoured) Tradition.

NOW, most of the Muslims all over the world are trying to live as good example to show the world that Islam is really means Peace and they are Peace Loving People. In reality, Islam gives Good Knowledge and bring Peace in their Heart.(except their Hard Line Rules and Regulations; Humans do naturally have a Freedom/Independant Feelings; If Religions or even Family Rules slave them or control them, then naturally the Humans want to Break Away and become FREE)

“Tamil Nadu belongs to Tamils”

Since: Aug 10

Colombo, Sri Lanka

#16 Dec 26, 2010
Rohan wrote:
<quoted text>

Eelam/Eelanadu is the Original Name for this Country(not island).

Also, since the influence of the Sanskrit, Eelam was/is called as Hela. Hela is the Sanskrit form of pronounciating Ela.

Then the City of Poompukar went under the Sea nearly 10000 years ago, Eelanadu become Eela Thivu as separated from the Main Land.

Siva Eela or Siwela in Tamil and Sivhela or Siwhela in Sanskrit were used for this country during the King Ravanan's Era as respecting God Siva and His People.

Then the City of Poompukar went under the Sea nearly 10000 years ago, Eelanadu become Eela Thivu as separated from the Main Land.

Siva Eela or Siwela in Tamil and Sivhela or Siwhela in Sanskrit were used for this country during the King Ravanan's Era as respecting God Siva and His People.

Singh Eela term had been started to use AFTER the conversion to Buddhism.
Explain this:
http://tinyurl.com/2ac9psy

If Tamils were inhabiting the whole southern part of India before the flood you talk about, some 10000 years ago, how come the Maldivians speak an Indo Aryan language related to Sinhala, and not something Dravidian and related to Tamil?

How did this language change happen simulataneously in two places seperated by over 750 kilometers of sea?

Don't you think that all your Tamil fanatical theories are a bit far fetched, when solid archeological, anthropological, linguistical and other historical evidence say the complete opposite of what you claim?

Mostly, 10 000 years ago, or 2500 years ago, Tamil as presently known did not even exist. Then you have a problem of explaining how SL Tamils speak the same language as the Tamils in India, while 25 other languages managed evolve from the same root language as Tamil, at the same time.

Get real.
Mission Control

UK

#17 Dec 30, 2010
TruthSano wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain this:
http://tinyurl.com/2ac9psy
If Tamils were inhabiting the whole southern part of India before the flood you talk about, some 10000 years ago, how come the Maldivians speak an Indo Aryan language related to Sinhala, and not something Dravidian and related to Tamil?
How did this language change happen simulataneously in two places seperated by over 750 kilometers of sea?
Don't you think that all your Tamil fanatical theories are a bit far fetched, when solid archeological, anthropological, linguistical and other historical evidence say the complete opposite of what you claim?
Mostly, 10 000 years ago, or 2500 years ago, Tamil as presently known did not even exist. Then you have a problem of explaining how SL Tamils speak the same language as the Tamils in India, while 25 other languages managed evolve from the same root language as Tamil, at the same time.
Get real.
Once again, great post TS
Rohan

Auckland, New Zealand

#18 Dec 30, 2010
TruthSano wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain this:
http://tinyurl.com/2ac9psy
If Tamils were inhabiting the whole southern part of India before the flood you talk about, some 10000 years ago, how come the Maldivians speak an Indo Aryan language related to Sinhala, and not something Dravidian and related to Tamil?
How did this language change happen simulataneously in two places seperated by over 750 kilometers of sea?
Don't you think that all your Tamil fanatical theories are a bit far fetched, when solid archeological, anthropological, linguistical and other historical evidence say the complete opposite of what you claim?
Mostly, 10 000 years ago, or 2500 years ago, Tamil as presently known did not even exist. Then you have a problem of explaining how SL Tamils speak the same language as the Tamils in India, while 25 other languages managed evolve from the same root language as Tamil, at the same time.
Get real.
maldivians are simply our people who just lived on the other side of the sea.

languages come and go; religions come and go.

10000 years ago all over Thiravadi(then known as Bharatham)(mostly all over South Asia) were influenced by Sanskrit(upto Japan). even our Eelam got the Sankritised name Hela. Aryans brought Sanskrit language from their origin Romania.

once the buddhism started to spread all over Bharatham, our eelam and maldives were all converted into it.

then virtually maldives people were converted to islam just overnight; killing those monks. then they got arabic very easily in their muslim children. the same story for lakswip islands; west coast of india.

==========

don't just people from their religion and language; judge them with their ancestry; face and features; and their skin colour(also changes with foreign/alien invasions)

some of our people from singheelam and tamileelam got mongolian face and body structures as the naughty monks. but today they are our people; just accept the fact and be happy with all.
Rohan

Auckland, New Zealand

#19 Dec 30, 2010
don't judge people from their religion and language; judge them with their ancestry; face and features; and their skin colour(also changes with foreign/alien invasions)

some of our people from singheelam and tamileelam got mongolian face and body structures as the naughty monks. but today they are our people; just accept the fact and be happy with all.
Punc

Ottawa, Canada

#20 Dec 30, 2010
Rohan wrote:
don't judge people from their religion and language; judge them with their ancestry; face and features; and their skin colour(also changes with foreign/alien invasions)
this is exactly why we call the demalu kari ballo. ROFL
Rohan

Tauranga, New Zealand

#21 Dec 30, 2010
Punc wrote:
<quoted text>
this is exactly why we call the demalu kari ballo. ROFL
our land got our colour; your land got your colour; it is good to go and see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

All-Terrain Vehicles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Town, GLT team up to get Trillium grant (Jan '11) May '16 canadas-inuit-needs 3
News Records tumble at Skipton machinery sale IT was... (Nov '15) Nov '15 other IT probs 1
News Ag-Pro Companies Acquires South Texas Implement... (Jul '15) Jul '15 txrunner 1
News COTA has traveled far in four decades (Dec '13) Jan '14 Shanikwah 5
News La. Farm Bureau honors 2013 Young Farmers and R... (Sep '13) Sep '13 John 1
News Fair draws record-breaking crowds (Sep '13) Sep '13 Joe 1
News NWTF Announces Chevy Truck, Kentucky Elk Tag an... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Joe 1
More from around the web