Immigration Law to Make Impact in Ga.

Immigration Law to Make Impact in Ga.

There are 76 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Jul 1, 2007, titled Immigration Law to Make Impact in Ga.. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

Immigration reform might be dead in Washington, but it's only beginning in Georgia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
A REAL LATIN

Ellenwood, GA

#1 Jul 1, 2007
"a way to reduce Georgia's appeal for illegal immigrants."

We need to reduce America's appeal for illegal alien criminals as well. Cut off all social services, food stamps, jobs, education, health-care, and watch them disappear back to their backwater countries faster than you can say "Speedy Gonzalez".

That's what we should be doing!
scjr

Atlanta, GA

#2 Jul 1, 2007
I'm glad the so called immigration reform bill is dead, and very glad when the governor and georgia politicians understood georgia needed to step up and make a difference to its voters/citizens by putting this law into effect. Nothing at all against immigrants just illegal ones draining the system tax payers try to keep funded for our legal use now and in the future. Securing our borders is first and foremost, than we can deal humanly and respectfully with those here already illegally, something that will make legal, tax paying Americans,and legal immigrants who did it the right lawful way acceptably in accord or happy.
scjr

Atlanta, GA

#3 Jul 1, 2007
you sound just short of a racist, for me is not about illegals being Mexican or Canadian or wherever they may all come from, let's just do it right according to the laws on the books now and in the most humanly way possible.
A REAL LATIN wrote:
"a way to reduce Georgia's appeal for illegal immigrants."
We need to reduce America's appeal for illegal alien criminals as well. Cut off all social services, food stamps, jobs, education, health-care, and watch them disappear back to their backwater countries faster than you can say "Speedy Gonzalez".
That's what we should be doing!
dave

AOL

#4 Jul 1, 2007
They shouldn't be here, period. It shouldn't matter what color, sex, national origin. They shouldn't be able to have any benefits. They need to go home. They have their own country, leave ours alone.
LKW

Powder Springs, GA

#5 Jul 1, 2007
I think its great that someone is keeping illegals out. There are to many home grown, red blooded Americans that were born, raised and served this country out of work - with no benefits that can do the work of the illegals! We need to take back our country! Get our benefits back and keep people off road that do not know how to drive or read road signs. It is time for Americans to make English the offical language and require foreigners (illegal and legal) to speak the language of the country instead of us bending to them. Stop giving rights to illegals that do not rate rights! Stop giving amnesty to killers and jailbirds escaping their country to live here and commit more crimes. Stop giving them free hospitalization and medical care when it is not being done for the millions of Americans that deserve treatment - specially our own children! Make Corporate America stop paying illegals under the table for jobs so they can pocket more money. Plus then the illegals turn around and send the money out of country causing more economic depression. And Bank Of America needs to stop giving them free credit cards and bank accounts!
FREEDOM

United States

#6 Jul 1, 2007
Mexicans are not the root problem. Sweat labor is done by those that know it best. LEGAL immigration that circumvents our laws, though legal; drains not only taxes but free enterprise. Take a good look at 'INDIANS".
Dan

Canton, GA

#7 Jul 1, 2007
As a small business man I believe we need to tighten the restrictions on illegal immigrants.Too many times I have lost work to illegals who bid the jobs at 1/2 of the market price. The customers usually find out much later that the low price has also refected the quality of the work. People that continue to hire illegals in my opinion have no vision for this country. To me I don't care if they are Russian, Albanian,Mexican or Honduran etc. etc. I am expected to behave and pay my taxes, which I do. But every time I have to write a check for 1300 plus dollars I can't help but be even further disappointed with a government that does almost nothing to protect the rights of the people that were born here and attempt to make a living in the midst of illegals that feel they have a right to work and live here without the responsibilities that native americans have.
Susie

Canton, GA

#8 Jul 1, 2007
Its about time!
mary

Miami, FL

#10 Jul 1, 2007
it is about time! it's also time for those people and companies that used illegals as low payed slaves paid for their greed. the usa needs to stand up and say as one that we are not going to be discriminated against in our own country anymore!!!
Scott T

Cumming, GA

#11 Jul 1, 2007
Any State Law that enforces federal immigration Laws is fine by me. However, it would be nice if the Feds were to actually enforce federal immigration Laws. Stop the Invasion of illeagal Mexican immigrants.

Taxpayer
Citizen
John Reed

Memphis, TN

#12 Jul 1, 2007
I agree with Senator Chip Rogers. Hope he
runs for US Senate.
John Reed

Memphis, TN

#13 Jul 1, 2007
Secure the Borders!

“Obama`s War on Capitalism!”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#14 Jul 1, 2007
Also, if we were to pass laws that really punished employers for hiring illeagals that would solve the problem. Go after the reason (stealing American jobs) they come here and you would not have to deport anyone. They found their way here, they would find their way back home.
Judy

Fairfield, OH

#15 Jul 1, 2007
You know we have homeless people in this country the U.S.A. that don't get the benefits the illegal immigrants get. We need to make all immigrants legal and pay their way.If they are here illegally and we hire them then shame on us.
believer

Utica, KY

#16 Jul 1, 2007
so you think all the immigrants should leave your country alone....hhmm..lets see..who do you see mowing the lawn to complexes or homes?? who do you see in construction..sure you see the your people...but who is doing the hard work???.... who takes care of your crops??... who works in your factories??.... if all of the immigrants ,illegal or not, went back to their home countries, than the United States of America would not be the same. Tell me haven't you ever heard of people from europe or asia or any where else say USA is a lazy country?? well it is. Are you(who ever is reading this) going to get up at 4am to get ready to go to work in construction or mow a lawn thats not your own, or go to a factory to work?? i dont think so. most of you here, have a good education, are lawyers, doctors, teachers, are you really going to leave that comfortable job you have now to go sweat to keep your country alive?? are you going to go and work in the fields in mid day with the sun over you?? i dont think you are, so why would you want them out of your country.
i know for a fact that this country is in need for doctors and several different things, so why would you want to cut the education?? all the ones in school now could do so much good for this country, and you wana kick them out?
honestly with all this, your not showing love for this country, your just finding ways to put this country down.
quote me, tell me what ever you have to tell me, i stand strong in my beliefs, and i think its wrong to want the worst for this country.
believer

Utica, KY

#17 Jul 1, 2007
so you think all the immigrants should leave your country alone....hhmm..lets see..who do you see mowing the lawn to complexes or homes?? who do you see in construction..sure you see the your people...but who is doing the hard work???.... who takes care of your crops??... who works in your factories??.... if all of the immigrants ,illegal or not, went back to their home countries, than the United States of America would not be the same. Tell me haven't you ever heard of people from europe or asia or any where else say USA is a lazy country?? well it is. Are you(who ever is reading this) going to get up at 4am to get ready to go to work in construction or mow a lawn thats not your own, or go to a factory to work?? i dont think so. most of you here, have a good education, are lawyers, doctors, teachers, are you really going to leave that comfortable job you have now to go sweat to keep your country alive?? are you going to go and work in the fields in mid day with the sun over you?? i dont think you are, so why would you want them out of your country.

i know for a fact that this country is in need for doctors and several different things, so why would you want to cut the education?? all the ones in school now could do so much good for this country, and you wana kick them out?

honestly with all this, your not showing love for this country, your just finding ways to put this country down.

quote me, tell me what ever you have to tell me, i stand strong in my beliefs, and i think its wrong to want the worst for this country.
lunchbox

Knoxville, TN

#18 Jul 1, 2007
LKW wrote:
I think its great that someone is keeping illegals out. There are to many home grown, red blooded Americans that were born, raised and served this country out of work - with no benefits that can do the work of the illegals! We need to take back our country! Get our benefits back and keep people off road that do not know how to drive or read road signs. It is time for Americans to make English the offical language and require foreigners (illegal and legal) to speak the language of the country instead of us bending to them. Stop giving rights to illegals that do not rate rights! Stop giving amnesty to killers and jailbirds escaping their country to live here and commit more crimes. Stop giving them free hospitalization and medical care when it is not being done for the millions of Americans that deserve treatment - specially our own children! Make Corporate America stop paying illegals under the table for jobs so they can pocket more money. Plus then the illegals turn around and send the money out of country causing more economic depression. And Bank Of America needs to stop giving them free credit cards and bank accounts!
I agree with everything you said. I left California to escape this problem only to come to Atlanta to find it just as prevalent. It's sickening, to say the very least. Kudos to Georgia, I sincerely hope other states follow suit.
lunchbox

Knoxville, TN

#19 Jul 1, 2007
believer wrote:
Oh please. I'm SO tired of hearing this rhetoric. AMERICANS were doing these jobs way before any of these people set foot on our soil. We just refuse to do it for $2/hr!
believer

Utica, KY

#20 Jul 1, 2007
lunchbox wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please. I'm SO tired of hearing this rhetoric. AMERICANS were doing these jobs way before any of these people set foot on our soil. We just refuse to do it for $2/hr!
So by kicking every one out, YOU WILL HAVE TO DO IT FOR $2/HR! IT WONT BE A MATTER OF CHOICE, ITS A MATTER OF DO IT OR YOUR COUNTY GOES DOWN!
Honest American

Jonesboro, GA

#21 Jul 1, 2007
believer wrote:
It's the same old same old from people like you. You cannot find anything creative to say so you repeat what has already been said.
Americans are not lazy as a whole, we just believe in being paid an honest wage for our time.
Many/most of us may not like the flow of immigrants that are coming into this country, but we are wiling to except LEGAL immigrants.
This law is focused at ILLEGAL immigrants. LAW BREAKERS! There is a proper way to come into this great country of ours and sneaking in, n the middle of the night, or through some tunnel is wrong.
Illegal's in this coountry have lowered the standaerd of living of many hard working Americans by working for less. They have created or added to many problems in our society, gangs and drugs just for starters. Our prisons are full of illegals who have committed every crime known. Many have killed innocent people in car accidents when they had no liscense to drive. They abuse our medical system (just pay a visit to your local health department)....
I could go on but I believe my point has been made.
The bottom line is if they want to be here, go through the proper channels.
NO Amnisty for law breakers!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 31 min No 54
Racism against white people rampid. 43 min Byehispanics 2
News Deadly storms claim lives in Georgia 1 hr No 6
Organized Gang Stalking What You Need To Know (Sep '10) 4 hr Jazz 583
weed roofiess Xanies bar,Blues,oc's,molly,Ad... 13 hr mark 1
Mayfair Tower 199 14th Street NE (Dec '11) 18 hr mad 38
pain clinc 21 hr Dopeman 3
Dating Dealbreakers in a Single Atlanta Jan 20 Jenn 3

Atlanta Jobs

More from around the web