Jury Deliberates in Scott Davis Trial

Jury Deliberates in Scott Davis Trial

There are 30 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Nov 26, 2007, titled Jury Deliberates in Scott Davis Trial. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

The Fulton County jury deliberating the Scott Davis murder case asked the judge Friday to let them listen again to three tape-recorded telephone messages that Davis left on the night of and morning after the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ian Howie

San Francisco, CA

#1 Dec 11, 2007
I watched the trial on Court TV, and was captivated.

Sure seemed like the correct verdict from my perspective.
marcus

Sunol, CA

#2 Dec 12, 2007
This is not circumstantial evidence. This is Direct evidence. All of the evidence points to Davis and no one else.
squash

Australia

#3 Dec 13, 2007
The right man was convicted. Scott Davis should have been in jail 10 years ago. He is now fighting his conviction and continuing the pain for the Coffin family. His first appeal hearing will be next week. I hope the justice system upholds the conviction.
abe

Hull, GA

#4 Nov 10, 2008
Everyone in Atlanta that has known Scott Davis for a long time knows he is guilty. Scott is a friendly entertaining guy but has a history of getting out of bounds to further his cause - business or personal. He got too far out of bounds and someone died.

The evidence was pretty clear. Even his best friend from kindergarten wouldn't provide an alibi when Scott Davis asked him - instead he called the police because he knew Scott Davis killed David Coffin.

His father, Dr. Dave Davis - a renowned forensic psychiatrist - lied on the stand in attempting to establish an alibi of the whereabouts of his son, Scott Davis, the night of the break-in of Coffin's house. No one bought it since he waited ten years to tell the police or anyone that Scott Davis was with him. Clear, blatant perjury by Dr. Dave Davis and he should be prosecuted for it.
ST Biggers

Homebush, Australia

#5 Mar 3, 2009
All who had the unfortunate opportunity to know Scott during this time in his life knows that he did it. Scott had his day in court, represented by a team of well paid defense attorneys. The jury heard all the evidence and considered it carefully. They came to the same conclusion that we did a long time ago - That Scott Davis is a murderer. Too bad his father Dr. Dave Davis and his brother Bret Davis could not join him in jail based on their libelous testimony on stand. The apple has not fallen far from the tree in this family.
Jak Rabbit Slim

San Diego, CA

#6 Jul 31, 2009
Why has he not been prosecuted for perjury? For that matter, why, having been publicly discredited as a professional, has he not been stripped of his title and had his right to practice as a FORENSIC PSYCHIATRIST removed forever?
Circle

Atlanta, GA

#7 Jul 31, 2009
where did scott davis go to highschool in Atlanta ?
Lovett, Westminster, or Woodward ?
Circle

Atlanta, GA

#8 Jul 31, 2009
to answer my own question - Lovett, def my first guess
courtney

Guyton, GA

#9 Aug 24, 2009
its sad to hear things of this matter. people like scott should be punished for life.
Bryan

Athens, GA

#10 Aug 28, 2009
Circle wrote:
to answer my own question - Lovett, def my first guess
na, I bet he's a Brandon Hall kid!
Will Carr

Mission, TX

#11 Aug 9, 2010
St Biggers....

Scott's father and uncle Bret Davis lied on the stand about Scott's presence with them during the time that the murder took place?

I read that the ME could not give an exact time of death. Is it possible that they believed he was with them at the time of the killing....not knowing the exact time of death?

Back to Australia...whas is Mrs. Bruton's connection to Australia and the Australian connection to Buckhead?

Also, Scott was running on the Republican ticket in the California governors race?

Was he involved in national politics in Atlanta during the 1996 Presidential race? For whom? Dole? Perot?

If he was active, in what way?

Who was the ME on the case? Were there problems with the Atlanta ME that parallels the loss of evidence in the Davis case?

WHC
will carr

Mission, TX

#12 Aug 9, 2010
By the way....

Lisa Ackerman of San Jose Mercury News said this on Nancy Grace....who I didn't know was from Macon GA and a grad of Mercer University.....part the Grace & Co pantheon?.......

Welcome back, everyone. A candidate for governor in California charged with murder. Very quickly out to Elise Ackerman, "San Jose Mercury News."

You actually interviewed the defendant, Scott Winfield Davis. What did he say?

ACKERMAN: Well, he called me after we ran a story saying that the Atlanta police were in town and they were looking for him.

GRACE: What did he say?

ACKERMAN: He said, "I am innocent, and if they have something, they should charge me, and they should stop harassing my friends and family."

OKAY....so here's the problem.....

ACKERMAN: Well, he called me after we ran a story saying that the Atlanta police were in town and they were looking for him.

HOW DID ACKERMAN GET THE LEAD ON THAT STORY AND WHY AT SAN JOSE MERCURY NEWS?

It wasn't payback, was it, for their gutless, dispicable and unethical handling of Gary Webb's material?

If my friends said "oh by the way, your name is in the paper....they're coming after you!" I'd be calling the originator of the story.

BUT... why would that story be leaked prior to the handcuffing of Davis unless there's one hell of alot more going on here than meats a byopic eye.
ixolib

Sioux City, IA

#13 Oct 1, 2010
Dr Davis should be striped of his license to practice and should never be used to testify in amy pending case in the state of GA. He has no credibility afterall he couldn't see that is own son was a sick person. It is clear he lied in the trial but did he set the car on fire???
Alabama Girl

Lewiston, ID

#14 Oct 2, 2010
courtney wrote:
its sad to hear things of this matter. people like scott should be punished for life.
Dr. Davis has ruined my life with his vicious lies. He lied and caused my family's life to be shattered. I'm sorry he wasn't sent to jail with his murderous son. It would have save some little girls I love.
Alabama Girl

Lewiston, ID

#15 Oct 2, 2010
Has anyone out there had a horrible experience with Dr. Davis??? If so please reply on this blog.
Stephanie

Conley, GA

#17 Jul 25, 2011
Alabama Girl wrote:
Has anyone out there had a horrible experience with Dr. Davis??? If so please reply on this blog.
No I have not but I currently know someone who is going to him if you could please give me some of an idea of what ur talking about lil girls?
Mary

Colorado Springs, CO

#18 Aug 13, 2011
I saw a show last night about the whole Scott Davis murder and trial in Atlanta. I had never heard about this case as I was living out of the country when it was going on. Does anyone know if he ever attended Mercer University in Macon back around 1984-1989? On t.v. he just looked really familiar to me and I feel like i'd seen him back in Macon!
Jorge

Canton, GA

#19 Sep 4, 2011
Will Carr wrote:
St Biggers....
Scott's father and uncle Bret Davis lied on the stand about Scott's presence with them during the time that the murder took place?
I read that the ME could not give an exact time of death. Is it possible that they believed he was with them at the time of the killing....not knowing the exact time of death?

Also, Scott was running on the Republican ticket in the California governors race?
WHC
I'm surprised he didn't win the gubernatorial race. Usually Republicans vote big for criminals, especially rich ones.
Lynn-Marie Mossman

Calgary, Canada

#20 Sep 26, 2011
Dr. Davis was the biggest and most obvious liar I have seen on the witness stand for some time. I never got to see his brother however. And that immature little twit paralegal, you know, the clingon, hanging all over him and collapsing on the floor at the verdict. What a show!! Hope she is still waiting. The guy loves nobody but himself. He didn't even seem to have a great deal of affection for her. I was elated at the verdict and knew that there was a jury that finally had some brains. I am quite sure that the Davis clan thought they could outsmart everyone. Not to be. Poor little spoiled brat scottie had to go to jail.

Have you seen what they are doing to Megan tho?? Just trashing her. Doesn't matter however. She was so clearly telling the truth. He's a liar, narcissist, murderer and liar. He turned my stomach. He needs to stay where he is!!
fred ward

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Jan 31, 2012
marcus wrote:
This is not circumstantial evidence. This is Direct evidence. All of the evidence points to Davis and no one else.
WHAT EVIDENCE?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anytime Bail Bonds, Inc. in augusta ga: False A... 7 hr Ehatif 3
News Website lists Columbus as 50th worst U.S. city ... 12 hr Will Dockery 6
Good R ox y, m-arijuana,t-ar,he-roin etc 12 hr Louie 1
what do you think of ROBIN MEADE? (Oct '11) 13 hr user name entered 8
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 17 hr True That 20,946
News Education - Grayson Teacher Arrested For Sexual... (Dec '07) 19 hr Roy 28
Burt Reynolds Sun Betty Boop scisso... 6

Atlanta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atlanta Mortgages