Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#129 Jan 19, 2014
Grob Hahn wrote:
<quoted text>
It is.
I went to Riverdale the other day and I haven't seen so many bars on businesses since my last trip to California.

“Yet another average white man.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#130 Jan 19, 2014
lighteredknot wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to Riverdale the other day and I haven't seen so many bars on businesses since my last trip to California.

And such classy businesses too.

GroBBBBBBBBBBBB

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#131 Jan 20, 2014
Grob Hahn wrote:
<quoted text>
And such classy businesses too.
GroBBBBBBBBBBBB
Never seen so many weave shops, nail places, title loans, and pawn shops on one street in my life.
alicia

United States

#132 Jan 24, 2014
Terrance Moore wrote:
<quoted text>
It's nearly 80% Black...
excuse you? You need to keep your racist comments to yourself asshole! Not every black person is ghetto just like not every white person is proper! You have just as many whites nd blacks that are ghetto sweety! Just like Atlanta is what you make it all because one person or two or 8 say certain parts are bad doesn't mean that you will have any problems there. You need to visit these areas for yourself scoop them out for a week then make your selection!

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#133 Jan 24, 2014
alicia wrote:
<quoted text> excuse you? You need to keep your racist comments to yourself asshole! Not every black person is ghetto just like not every white person is proper! You have just as many whites nd blacks that are ghetto sweety! Just like Atlanta is what you make it all because one person or two or 8 say certain parts are bad doesn't mean that you will have any problems there. You need to visit these areas for yourself scoop them out for a week then make your selection!
What racist comment was made?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#134 Jan 25, 2014
alicia wrote:
<quoted text> excuse you? You need to keep your racist comments to yourself asshole! Not every black person is ghetto just like not every white person is proper! You have just as many whites nd blacks that are ghetto sweety! Just like Atlanta is what you make it all because one person or two or 8 say certain parts are bad doesn't mean that you will have any problems there. You need to visit these areas for yourself scoop them out for a week then make your selection!
Are Californians so terminally PC, that a stat on population, automatically is perceived as racist?

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#135 Jan 25, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Are Californians so terminally PC, that a stat on population, automatically is perceived as racist?
Yes.

Location hidden

#136 Jan 25, 2014
Truth is racist.

Location hidden

#137 Jan 25, 2014
About 15 years ago, i was offered a tremendous job in Atlanta.....we went there on vacation, looking around....Housing options were tremendous, as opposed to S.FL....Huge beautiful homes, for much less than down here....But, after growing up in South Chicago....I could feel a dangerous, racial undercurrent.....Am so glad i passed and stayed in Palm Beach County.....Was i correct?.....

Location hidden

#138 Jan 26, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
About 15 years ago, i was offered a tremendous job in Atlanta.....we went there on vacation, looking around....Housing options were tremendous, as opposed to S.FL....Huge beautiful homes, for much less than down here....But, after growing up in South Chicago....I could feel a dangerous, racial undercurrent.....Am so glad i passed and stayed in Palm Beach County.....Was i correct?.....

Of course you feel it. Its in your face from the moment you cross the city line or land at the airport.
GroBBBBBBBBBB
youngin

Dover, DE

#139 Feb 9, 2014
gwinnett county is full of mexicans and black people. if you can afford it, you can go to a suburbs if you can find one but south gwinnett is real rough
beebee

Marietta, GA

#140 Mar 1, 2014
You should probably consider a whole another state to move to. Screw Atlanta. It is slowly becoming Detroit.

Location hidden

#141 Mar 1, 2014
The dark bits...........

Location hidden

#142 Mar 1, 2014
beebee wrote:
You should probably consider a whole another state to move to. Screw Atlanta. It is slowly becoming Detroit.

Actually that's not true. Atlanta's black "leadership" shipped a huge swath of their voters out to the suburbs over the last decade. Neighborhoods are gentrifying and turning very white (and some are very gay).

Spike Lee will be whining about Atlanta some day soon!
GroBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
Mina

Lithonia, GA

#143 Mar 8, 2014
OneRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
The areas you mentioned are on the tail end of any revitalization. I'd talk to an real estate agent who may know more. Although you can find a good bargain there I'm sure.
Areas like Kirkwood, East Atlanta, Glenwood, Cabbage Town, East Lake, are well into their revitalization, and but you can probably still find bargains considering the neighborhood values were still rising before the crash. These neighborhoods are already seeing small businesses like restaurants and local pubs going up and being frequented.
A very good sign. But I haven't seen that yet in many of the areas you mentioned above.
I think it depends on how far on the tip of the revitalization you care to be.
I'd try and find something in the areas I mentioned if you looking to be close to intown.
I haven't seen enough from areas like Bankhead yet. I hope that helped.
I bought into East Lake in late 2012. Great bargin to say the very least, and my immediate neighborhood is improving rapidly. Nearby are Oakhurst, Kirkwood, and Edgewood communities, all nice and inviting also.

Immediately below my area---below Glenwood Ave. is going to be the next investment opportunity, because the houses were built properly and are not expensive. Be careful of area around Belvedere Plaza north of Glenwood Drive, mostly because during iceing conditions the little winding shaded streets get so little sunshine they cannot be used. This leaves residents there isolated even though they are close by a major highway. Crime is a problem which is being addressed by gathering together and organizing a watch group and supporting more immediate patrolling. Any neighborhood that does not organize to fight criminals one by one is not going to have success in revitialization efforts and dreams. Those neighborhoods who organize and fight will revitialize.

Stay away as of early 2014 the Lakewood and upper Forest Park areas as well as the area of South DeKalb Mall, maybe more specifically Rainbow Drive area. Sorry to say that. Check out DeKalb County Ga mugshots and check the addresses. You will see a pattern. Patterns change. So do communities and efforts. Don't sink good money into areas riddled by continuous crimes unless you have a ton of money and no expectation of making a return or living in a good area.
Mina

Lithonia, GA

#144 Mar 8, 2014
beebee wrote:
I cannot find a date for your post. As of late winter 2014 Atlanta is doing a lot better than Detroit in public opinion, I'll reckon. In my corner we are fighting back against crime any way we can, and we are aiming at winning. We are not having to bulldoze blocks of abandoned houses.

Use your heads before casting votes. Don't rely on just one news source for info for who to vote for. Try to find different slants on each news item daily. Figure out which stations withhold information for their own political reasons. Maybe there is just one smidgeon of truth spoken each year. Find it.

Remember the song phrase, "Some folks think I'm big in Detroit city..."? Johnny Cash song. Some folks thought Detroit city was where to be, great powerful, productive city. A city of doers. What happened? Drugs. Bad decisions by voters.
Mina

Lithonia, GA

#145 Mar 8, 2014
zone6 wrote:
east atlanta is sulm all of it fool robbed me for 20k an his luck been bad every since an people so jealous alll the men are punks or wanna be hiphop stars an all the females are gutta an high mileage so u better bring yur own girl lolan try to deal with people u know an can relax around
Zone 6 in Atlanta must have changed since you had your experiences. Write a book! It will sell, I'm telling you. You have talent and a voice. Do it.

I'm in Zone 6, Atlanta. We are not a permissive area. Criminals, don't tread on us or here. Hooper Quad is not as it was, nor will it be as it is. This entire area is improving and will continue to do so. Fight crime with organized strength, money, knowledeable voting, and faith that those who will not learn and comply with society's laws will be caught and locked up.

I don't know where your zone 6 is, but I know mine. We don't take crap here. Not anymore.
Mina

Lithonia, GA

#146 Mar 8, 2014
not surprised wrote:
Thinking about moving from the North to somewhere in the South so I wanted to see which counties, towns, streets in Georgia were good in general but maybe I should stay in the North. Not surprised to see the good old racial ignorance is still well and alive in Georgia based on these comments. It's so old!!! No progression in site. Really sad.
Stay up north; we don't want yankee attitudes and voters.
Mina

Lithonia, GA

#147 Mar 8, 2014
overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text>
So would you suggest the suburbs or area outside the City of Atlanta?
How is DeKalb County, or Clayton County?
thanks
Anyone who intends to continue to vote democrat and enjoy the outcome and benifits and wants to move to Atlanta, please consider buying into and moving to the Lakewood Fairgrounds area or the area just above the state farmers' market. Man alive, you will love your lives, and your property will be forever secure. Joking. Don't believe that. I'm not serious. Don't follow that advice. I'm not serious. Please check arrest records for zip codes and street addresses. Do your homework. There are places that are not safe. Those I mentioned area not safe in 2014. The market is safe. Don't think it is safe around that area though.

Location hidden

#148 Mar 8, 2014
Mina wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay up north; we don't want yankee attitudes and voters.
Millions of billboards along I-75 and I-95, would beg to differ.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Mr. Chatman 31 May Have Been Shot In Front ... 8 hr Wild_Atlanta 7
Organized Gang Stalking What You Need To Know (Sep '10) 9 hr phinneas j whoopie 256
Unemployment rates across the country continues... 14 hr cactus j 3
News Atlanta's Unemployment Rate Declines 15 hr Famosamos 3
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr Hiawatha 19,847
D. Dillon 18 hr Unnown 1
News Racial differences seen among fitness levels in... 20 hr SadButTrue 23
More from around the web

Atlanta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]