people on welfare are still slaves

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#22 Sep 13, 2012
ussurf wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they probably are there by choice ,because most of the job openings around here pay between $10.00 and $15.00 an hour,25- 30 miles away, one way. With gas being $ 8.84?(changes daily) per gallon, a person is better off to stay on unemployment or welfare.
Right where Obama wants them.
To The Point

United States

#23 Sep 13, 2012
ussurf wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they probably are there by choice ,because most of the job openings around here pay between $10.00 and $15.00 an hour,25- 30 miles away, one way. With gas being $ 8.84?(changes daily) per gallon, a person is better off to stay on unemployment or welfare.
The MOVE! Go where the work is! In my experience I have seen that silly excuses like this end up being the reason for people to not even try. Anybody how has been working had to start somewhere. But excuses like the ones below are nothing but that....EXCUSES!

- Doesn't pay as much as my last employer
- Doesn't pay enough for me to maintain a certain lifestyle
- Work is too far away
- I don't like the jobs that are available
- I am not skilled in the jobs that are available

And with the excuses comes the expense. And for those of us who are actually trying to work and have made necessary sacrifices to be employed and have found ways to increase our values (even through government sponsored training mind you), we are stuck with the check because someone CHOOSES not to even try.

* If the jobs available don't pay enough, DOWNSIZE your lifestyle
* If the jobs are too far away, MOVE
* If you don't like the jobs available, get over it and get some kind of employment until the job you want comes along
* If you don't have the skills to do the jobs available, then get training. There is even government sponsored training available

There is a solution in every excuse, but the bottom line is you HAVE TO TRY and you're going to have to make some changes and sacrifices.

I am not so naive to think that it's a one-size fits all thing and this doesn't account for every situation, but it certainly would for many.
ussurf

York, PA

#24 Sep 13, 2012
To The Point wrote:
<quoted text>
The MOVE! Go where the work is! In my experience I have seen that silly excuses like this end up being the reason for people to not even try. Anybody how has been working had to start somewhere. But excuses like the ones below are nothing but that....EXCUSES!
- Doesn't pay as much as my last employer
- Doesn't pay enough for me to maintain a certain lifestyle
- Work is too far away
- I don't like the jobs that are available
- I am not skilled in the jobs that are available
And with the excuses comes the expense. And for those of us who are actually trying to work and have made necessary sacrifices to be employed and have found ways to increase our values (even through government sponsored training mind you), we are stuck with the check because someone CHOOSES not to even try.
* If the jobs available don't pay enough, DOWNSIZE your lifestyle
* If the jobs are too far away, MOVE
* If you don't like the jobs available, get over it and get some kind of employment until the job you want comes along
* If you don't have the skills to do the jobs available, then get training. There is even government sponsored training available
There is a solution in every excuse, but the bottom line is you HAVE TO TRY and you're going to have to make some changes and sacrifices.
I am not so naive to think that it's a one-size fits all thing and this doesn't account for every situation, but it certainly would for many.
My home is paid for, my car is paid for,I have many skills, almost 30 years of experience, a college degree,and I do not need to move.What I want is a job that pays what I am worth.
I do not have to bend over and work for nothing.I do not have to listen to some arrogant fool tell me how it is either.Get it! I can start my own business again if I have to.I just didn't want the responsibility at my age.Swallow hard buddy, not everyone is a loser.You know the good book say's the sun will shine on the good people as well as the bad people. It doesn't seem fair does it.The sun is shining on me right now, and I am loving it. Smile!
Justin

Richmond, VA

#25 Sep 13, 2012
Watch that video from last Wednesday where the police are chasing a mini-van of bank robbers through a Los Angeles inner city neighborhood.

What's suprising are the crowds of people who just seem to materialize out of nowhere like cockroaches and flock into the street to grab the cash. Why are there so many people just loitering about on the side of the road at noon on a weekday as if they had nowhere better to be?
To The Point

United States

#26 Sep 13, 2012
Justin wrote:
Watch that video from last Wednesday where the police are chasing a mini-van of bank robbers through a Los Angeles inner city neighborhood.
What's suprising are the crowds of people who just seem to materialize out of nowhere like cockroaches and flock into the street to grab the cash. Why are there so many people just loitering about on the side of the road at noon on a weekday as if they had nowhere better to be?
I responded to your response from before which was:

"...Yes they probably are there by choice ,because most of the job openings around here pay between $10.00 and $15.00 an hour,25- 30 miles away, one way. With gas being $ 8.84?(changes daily) per gallon, a person is better off to stay on unemployment or welfare..."

If everything is paid for you and you have the skills you say you have then good for you. My point was simple, if you use excuses such as some of the ones I listed or more and choose instead to suck off the government tit, those 'Excuses' are paid for off the backs of tax payers. We are not here to fund someone elses lifestyle just because they don't want to make the adjustments to find a damn job.

I am not going to assume, but if you are also one of those people, then you would be part of the very reason that massive changes are needed to get people OFF of government programs instead of doing what Obama is doing by encouraging it. If you are not taking government assistance, then this statement doesn't stand and surely, I hope it doesn't!
Justin

Richmond, VA

#27 Sep 13, 2012
ussurf wrote:
What? Gas isn't $ 8.84 per gallon.
If they are willing to drive 30 miles into the suburbs, they can earn $50 / hour or more mowing lawns. If the Mexicans can do it, then so can Americans on wellfare.
ussurf

York, PA

#28 Sep 13, 2012
Justin wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Gas isn't $ 8.84 per gallon.
If they are willing to drive 30 miles into the suburbs, they can earn $50 / hour or more mowing lawns. If the Mexicans can do it, then so can Americans on wellfare.
I made a mistake it should be $3.84, I must have been looking into the future again.

Since: Jul 12

Lithia Springs, GA

#29 Sep 13, 2012
Justin wrote:
Even the tv news person noticed the same thing. They wondered out loud why were there so many people running out there not working?
ussurf

York, PA

#30 Sep 13, 2012
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the tv news person noticed the same thing. They wondered out loud why were there so many people running out there not working?
Because there are no jobs, that's why! They all packed up and went cruise'n overseas, on a BIIIIIGGG BOAT!!!! Why it was sooo big that the whole world saw it go down that hole, the whole way to China.
The moral of the story is, don't dig a hole to China or you will surely lose your job.
Feel free to contact me for the newest,"Nursery Rhymes of the Free World."

Lithia Springs, GA

#31 Sep 13, 2012
ussurf wrote:
<quoted text>Because there are no jobs, that's why! They all packed up and went cruise'n overseas, on a BIIIIIGGG BOAT!!!! Why it was sooo big that the whole world saw it go down that hole, the whole way to China.
The moral of the story is, don't dig a hole to China or you will surely lose your job.
You said exactly what I wanted you to say. There are no jobs. The chase was in a Black section of town and it showed hundreds of Black people scurrying out of their homes to grab a fistful of money. Unemployment rates are 14% for blacks so the government says. I am betting they are more like 22% or higher. This is just another failing of your President Obama that speaks a good game but it is only talk. Actions speaks louder than words.
ussurf

York, PA

#32 Sep 13, 2012
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You said exactly what I wanted you to say. There are no jobs. The chase was in a Black section of town and it showed hundreds of Black people scurrying out of their homes to grab a fistful of money. Unemployment rates are 14% for blacks so the government says. I am betting they are more like 22% or higher. This is just another failing of your President Obama that speaks a good game but it is only talk. Actions speaks louder than words.
Personally I like Obama and believe he has done o.k. under extraordinary conditions.You are entitled to believe otherwise and I understand your decision,and respect it. Your point on the unemployment rate for African Americans is an astute observation and valid.Why is the unemployment rate so high for blacks? I never understood this dilemma, do you have an explanation?

Douglasville, GA

#33 Sep 13, 2012
ussurf wrote:
<quoted text>Personally I like Obama and believe he has done o.k. under extraordinary conditions.You are entitled to believe otherwise and I understand your decision,and respect it. Your point on the unemployment rate for African Americans is an astute observation and valid.Why is the unemployment rate so high for blacks? I never understood this dilemma, do you have an explanation?
Yes I have an explanation but many do not like what I have to say. I just say what I feel to be the honest truth. It may hurt feelings but the truth never really hurts.
I think the Black community is broken. There are way to may homes with no Fathers to give their children disipline and leadership.
I think that government schools have let the Black children down with an inferior education.
I also think that the high dropout rate of blacks in school causes high unemployment as these kids have no trades or a high school diploma. This soon causes a high incarceration rate of Blacks in jails. This goes on until they are murdered or placed in prison for life.
Many Black families are not functional because of drugs and the kids join gangs to have a feeling of family and belonging.
This is also becoming a problem in the White communities as well, do to the government giving only women a place to live and help with their children. Men can't live in the same household. Think about that. That causes single parent households and makes them dependent on Government handouts. This just goes on and on creating more and more ghetto Blacks. Pretty soon it is a way of life.
Well you asked me.
sam

Atlanta, GA

#34 Sep 13, 2012
Based on What wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! It's the fake white guy! What have you got against people on welfare?
worthless pieces of sh**
ussurf

York, PA

#35 Sep 13, 2012
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have an explanation but many do not like what I have to say. I just say what I feel to be the honest truth. It may hurt feelings but the truth never really hurts.
I think the Black community is broken. There are way to may homes with no Fathers to give their children disipline and leadership.
I think that government schools have let the Black children down with an inferior education.
I also think that the high dropout rate of blacks in school causes high unemployment as these kids have no trades or a high school diploma. This soon causes a high incarceration rate of Blacks in jails. This goes on until they are murdered or placed in prison for life.
Many Black families are not functional because of drugs and the kids join gangs to have a feeling of family and belonging.
This is also becoming a problem in the White communities as well, do to the government giving only women a place to live and help with their children. Men can't live in the same household. Think about that. That causes single parent households and makes them dependent on Government handouts. This just goes on and on creating more and more ghetto Blacks. Pretty soon it is a way of life.
Well you asked me.
Thank-you, I totally agree.
nuke

Kansas City, MO

#36 Sep 13, 2012
...www.hide-news.org/forum/atl anta/TI5N724F8639S9MJT
To The Point

Atlanta, GA

#37 Sep 14, 2012
ussurf wrote:
<quoted text>Because there are no jobs, that's why! They all packed up and went cruise'n overseas, on a BIIIIIGGG BOAT!!!! Why it was sooo big that the whole world saw it go down that hole, the whole way to China.
Wrong...there are jobs. 3.7M according to the Dept. of Labor statistics on 9/11/2012. Look here: http://www.bls.gov/news.release/jolts.nr0.htm

The easy thing is to say there are no jobs and that all of them have moved overseas, which I agree, there are a number of jobs that went overseas. But you guys aren't asking the right question.

The real question is WHY do we have them going overseas. Now there will be the childish and narrow-minded that will say its cause the rich people want to get richer and hold the poor people down or something stupid like that. But bear in mind that more than 80% of the businesses in the US are 'SMALL' business ... the jobs that go overseas would primarily be from your bigger companies (can you say Apple?). Where small business is also tied into jobs overseas is generally for the manufacturing of goods and services by 3rd parties that can make it cheaper and increased employment is established due to demand in another country.

But the point is to ask WHY businesses would want to off-shore their jobs and the first place you should look is the US Tax Code. The US has one of the highest corporate tax code in the world as it can be as much as 35% at the Federal level and up to 12% at the State level. The ability to compete on a world-wide scale is crippled when you don't have the capital to invest in growing the business, creating more jobs, etc. Look at the competition US companies are up against, this is just a few. These are corporate tax rates from various countries that the US competes with:

India - 10%
Hungary - 19%
South Korea - 22%
Canada - 15%
Ireland - 12.5%
Hong Kong - 16.5%
Russia - 20%
China - 25%

Then you have the ever growing regulation that our government (federal and local) imposes on businesses. Much of what I have seen of it leaves me scratching my head and wondering what the point of the regulation is. But the point here is that regulations cost money and the more the government imposes, the more out-of-pocket is realized by the company.

Then there is labor, cost of goods, health care, benefits, and a number of other things that all contribute to a cost of doing business. That number is taken from the revenue generated and narrows the margin (difference between cost vs. revenue) and if that margin is not wide enough the business will have to increase it by raising the prices of goods and services.

With the raising of goods and services by many businesses in this country to create a margin (in many cases, just to keep their doors open), that also inflates the cost of living so the government establishes higher Minimum Wage requirements along with companies that have to consider even higher salaries in order to get and keep qualified employees. With the raising of the salaries to keep up with inflation, that is more cost by the employer.

So as you can see there is a domino effect here with the vicious circle of economics. Businesses grow best when they have structured legal requirements that make sense but don't stifle the potential to grow. The US does best when the businesses are flourishing and there is ample competition among businesses. This has been proven time and time again in economic history and not just in the US.

If we want jobs to return from overseas, then we need to provide a means to do that by reducing the costs of doing business in this country so that we are competitive with the world. Otherwise, we reap what we sew.
ussurf

York, PA

#38 Sep 14, 2012
Im tired of reading this BS.Blah! Blah! All everyone does is talk,talk,talk,while we suffer.I suppose the reason why teachers, firemen, police officers are unemployed is because their jobs are outsourced to China, right? Greed controls business, its like cancer, it spreads rapidly and takes over entire countries. like the black plague.
You should see our schools,township buildings,city and state buildings.They all look like the Ritz.Our schools have swimming pools, tennis courts, basketball courts, football fields complete with astro turf, holy cow, they have it all.When I go into our township building they treat me like an alien, like no one has the right to be in the building or ask any questions.Our police departments treat everyone like criminals.What happened to these people? They work for us! What gives them such a superior attitude?
It is sad to watch the total lack of character and respect for others that some of these workers express.The immaturity level is getting intolerable,the arrogance is so thick that we will soon have to have professional's remove the stench from our midst.
ussurf

York, PA

#39 Sep 14, 2012
The government works for the people.The people pay government workers.The people pay for schools. The people pay teachers. The people pay police departments.The people pay firemen. The people pay township workers. The people pay state workers.The people pay for good service! The people pay for qaulity, for justice, for knowledge, for law, for compassion,for kindness.The people are the USA.
sam

Atlanta, GA

#40 Sep 14, 2012
ussurf wrote:
The government works for the people.The people pay government workers.The people pay for schools. The people pay teachers. The people pay police departments.The people pay firemen. The people pay township workers. The people pay state workers.The people pay for good service! The people pay for qaulity, for justice, for knowledge, for law, for compassion,for kindness.The people are the USA.
not according to OBAMA, he believes GOVERNMENT is the USA
To The Point

United States

#41 Sep 14, 2012
ussurf wrote:
Im tired of reading this BS.Blah! Blah! All everyone does is talk,talk,talk,while we suffer.I suppose the reason why teachers, firemen, police officers are unemployed is because their jobs are outsourced to China, right? Greed controls business, its like cancer, it spreads rapidly and takes over entire countries. like the black plague.
You should see our schools,township buildings,city and state buildings.They all look like the Ritz.Our schools have swimming pools, tennis courts, basketball courts, football fields complete with astro turf, holy cow, they have it all.When I go into our township building they treat me like an alien, like no one has the right to be in the building or ask any questions.Our police departments treat everyone like criminals.What happened to these people? They work for us! What gives them such a superior attitude?
It is sad to watch the total lack of character and respect for others that some of these workers express.The immaturity level is getting intolerable,the arrogance is so thick that we will soon have to have professional's remove the stench from our midst.
You have no reason to suffer if you're looking for a job. Once again, there are 3.7M that are available per the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Hell, if you're willing to move to one of the Dakota's they are hiring welders and truck drivers for about $100K a year. They are hiring McDonalds employees in some of the booming cities for $11/hr. You just need to decide what you want and what adjustments you're willing to live with. The government should not be the means for so many to earn a living.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Church Pastors: Ken Klein & Dr. Frank Beckles P... 4 hr Raymond 6
Don't Buy from FIREHOUSE SUBS! They cheat emplo... 6 hr Tighty whitey 6
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr Buck Rohde 20,478
Movie: Hillary's America IS NO# 1!!! 21 hr chelsae clinton 37
Why are Sexy Rich White women, leaving White M... (Jan '12) 21 hr stainless 555
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! Tue Atlanta reliable 1
Don't move to Evans Georgia! Mon Dr Sindie Laskie 2

Atlanta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atlanta Mortgages