Man Dead After Being Shot In A Midtow...

Man Dead After Being Shot In A Midtown Home

There are 156 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Dec 16, 2007, titled Man Dead After Being Shot In A Midtown Home. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

This morning a man has been shot and killed after trying to enter his estranged wife's home in Midtown.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

Southern Girl

Boynton Beach, FL

#149 Jan 9, 2008
msjanice wrote:
You all say that Byron was not armed... HE WAS ARMED!!!! He had a knife. And Mr savage didn't turn himself in. The police called him in for a second interview and he was the detained!!!!!!!
The fact is "perceptive" put yourself in a situation where someone KICKS the bedroom door where u are sleeping... You would shoot if u are armed!!! U don't need to give anyone advice the man had been told to leave the home... Why was be kicking the door open at 4 am.
KWVIN SAVAGE US A MAN DIGNITY AND BY NO MEANS A MURDERER!!! If Byron was a bum thus case would be closed!!!!
when you go to bed tonight imagine being sleep in your bed and someone kicks the door open... What would u do... Idiot!!!!!!!!!!
Prior to Dec. 16, 2007 4:45am,Kevin Savage was not a murderer, as of this date now HE IS! Fortunately, Byron was not a bum!
Detroit to Cali

Elk Grove, CA

#150 Jan 9, 2008
News Watcher Too wrote:
<quoted text>
Detroit to Cali you speak great of your friend Mr. Savage; do you think he was setup? From reading the news articles it seems as though Mr.Savage was married into the family. Surely he wouldn't risk his life knowingly...
I've known Kevin for the better part of 25 yrs and know that even though he has a good heart that there is no way he would ever be a party to an intentional crime. He has far too much to risk to ever be that stupid. I don't know the Washington family so I can not speak intelligently on them. My heart and prayers continue to go out to their entire family in this loss and we should all understand that and post accordingly.
Lets Just Keep It Real

Fredericksburg, VA

#151 Jan 10, 2008
Hell and jail are full of people who didn't "intend" on being there. But the truth of the matter is..."Kevin did the crime, so Kevin should serve the time!" Right along with everyone else that was party to this horrific murder! Regardless of how long you've known the killer, or your opinion of his character before his shooting - just stick with facts folks- KEVIN MURDERED A MAN WHO WAS A POSITIVE CONTRIBUTOR TO SOCIETY IN HIS OWN HOME!! Let's Just Keep It Real!
Either will do

AOL

#152 Jan 10, 2008
Lets Just Keep It Real wrote:
Hell and jail are full of people who didn't "intend" on being there. But the truth of the matter is..."Kevin did the crime, so Kevin should serve the time!" Right along with everyone else that was party to this horrific murder! Regardless of how long you've known the killer, or your opinion of his character before his shooting - just stick with facts folks- KEVIN MURDERED A MAN WHO WAS A POSITIVE CONTRIBUTOR TO SOCIETY IN HIS OWN HOME!! Let's Just Keep It Real!
Let's DO!! keep it real. Was it a crime? or a tragedy. by websters dictionary definition, yes he's a killer, because "he caused death". But that doesn't mean that he committed a crime. Until the case is heard by 12, he's innocent. Next, most of you agree that Kevin also is a victim, but it seems that if you can't get Yolanda's head, you'll settle for Kevin. That's Sad. I'm sure that this will end up in civil court
Byrons sister

Boynton Beach, FL

#153 Jan 11, 2008
Ms Janice I sure hope that you are drinking or something and certainly not the heartless person you are coming off to be. You see my family and I are okay. Byron is gone. I don't have to see the pain and agony on my brother's face anymore. "HE IS FREE" check this out "of everything". In case you haven't notice the punishment for being the "cause" of my brother's death is already taking place...money for a lawyer, can't work and support family, not knowing what is going to happen jail time would carry a lot less worry... you see Mr. Howard is not the maker or creator of life you feel me.. So an apology would be the "Right" thing to do. I'll look forward to it.[QUOTE "msjanice"]by the way you idiots... Yolanda did not call for protection. She called because the alarm was not working properly!! It was her cousins decision to come over after not hearing from her for 30min.
Again idiots!!! KNOW YOUR FACTS BEFORE U JUDGE!!
Paul Howard is stroking Byron Washington's family! They need someone to "provide" for them!! Their money machine is gone now!!!
think about it ... This gentleman wouldn't be home if these charges weren't RIDICULOUS!!!![/QUOTE]
Byrons sister

Boynton Beach, FL

#154 Jan 11, 2008
msjanice wrote:
by the way you idiots... Yolanda did not call for protection. She called because the alarm was not working properly!! It was her cousins decision to come over after not hearing from her for 30min.
Again idiots!!! KNOW YOUR FACTS BEFORE U JUDGE!!
Paul Howard is stroking Byron Washington's family! They need someone to "provide" for them!! Their money machine is gone now!!!
think about it ... This gentleman wouldn't be home if these charges weren't RIDICULOUS!!!!
Oh another thing It would have been much cheaper for Kevin to call APD to check on his cousin. Yolanda should be indebted to you for the rest of her life...GOOD LUCK..........
Byrons sister

Boynton Beach, FL

#155 Jan 11, 2008
msjanice wrote:
by the way you idiots... Yolanda did not call for protection. She called because the alarm was not working properly!! It was her cousins decision to come over after not hearing from her for 30min.
Again idiots!!! KNOW YOUR FACTS BEFORE U JUDGE!!
Paul Howard is stroking Byron Washington's family! They need someone to "provide" for them!! Their money machine is gone now!!!
think about it ... This gentleman wouldn't be home if these charges weren't RIDICULOUS!!!!
If Mr Howard is stroking us, what would you say that ponytail lawyer is doing to them? My Goodness!!! The thought of it gives me pain
Byrons sister

Boynton Beach, FL

#156 Jan 11, 2008
msjanice wrote:
I know all the people involved. And it WAS NOT 6:30 am it was 4:30. The police were on the scene at 5am. And u need to ask yourselves... What REAL Man wouldn't defend his wife... Who was in the bed with him asleep at the time. When BYRON WASHINGTON KICKED THE DOOR OPEN And SHE WAS SCREAMING at the top of her lungs. She is an eyewitness to the whole incident. And another thing... What man would work with an alarm company. Locksmith, surveillance company and private investigators odor a month before to help Yolanda protect her home and herself from her abusive husband!!!!!!! He also taught her self defense tatics as well!!!!!KNOW YOUR FACTS BEFORE YOU JUDGE!!!!!
Ms Janice I had not read these comments but when you got started defending your folks girl you were on a roll, My brother was not abusive to her but I bet you she was crying crocodile tears when she told the stories. You'll find out the truth.
Detroit to Cali

Elk Grove, CA

#157 Jan 11, 2008
Lets Just Keep It Real wrote:
Hell and jail are full of people who didn't "intend" on being there. But the truth of the matter is..."Kevin did the crime, so Kevin should serve the time!" Right along with everyone else that was party to this horrific murder! Regardless of how long you've known the killer, or your opinion of his character before his shooting - just stick with facts folks- KEVIN MURDERED A MAN WHO WAS A POSITIVE CONTRIBUTOR TO SOCIETY IN HIS OWN HOME!! Let's Just Keep It Real!
I'll have to let you go on that because that's your emotions speaking and they are full of pain. I'm sorry for you and the pain you feel. I'm sorry for your loss. There is loss of life each and everyday we continue breath. Do we call the persons involved auto accidents murders? How about those involved in transit accidents?(non intoxicated cases)

Like I said, I've known this man for the better part of my life and he and seen me thru my share of some of life's pains. Kevin is no murderer. Again please accept my deepest sympthies in your families loss.
Southern Girl

Boynton Beach, FL

#158 Jan 11, 2008
Detroit to Cali wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to let you go on that because that's your emotions speaking and they are full of pain. I'm sorry for you and the pain you feel. I'm sorry for your loss. There is loss of life each and everyday we continue breath. Do we call the persons involved auto accidents murders? How about those involved in transit accidents?(non intoxicated cases)
Like I said, I've known this man for the better part of my life and he and seen me thru my share of some of life's pains. Kevin is no murderer. Again please accept my deepest sympthies in your families loss.
Again! Kevin Savage WAS NOT a MURDERER prior to Dec. 16, 2007 @ 4:45am, as of the writing and date, HE IS NOW a murderer, killer, etc. HE took a man's life! By accident or on purpose. This, his actions does not call for the HERO status! We are all born to die, its the manner in which you die. I pray for all involved. If Kevin had had good intentions to help or protect his cousin-in-law, He should have made a better decision than he did! Taking her to the police station to get a Protection Order or taking her away from the home for the night, morning or days. Taking matters into your own hands was proven to be deadly. Do you think any of them are sleeping at night, knowing the mess they have caused? Especially, the cousin-in-law, Yolanda! May God have mercy on his soul.
Peace

United States

#159 Jan 12, 2008
The activity in this forum is incredible. The incident took place in mid-December and yet people continue to post. I believe that those of us that continue to read and post are friends of Kevin or Byron's family member. Unfortunately, we are all somehow tied to this tragic event. It would be wonderful if we could turn back the hands of time and make this all go way - but we can't. We must push forward and continue to support those that we love. To Byron's sister and other family members, I pray for you, because I can sense the pain in your posts. May God give you strength to endure. I don't know how you feel, because I have never lost a sibling. To friends of Kevin, I also pray for you because you know in your heart that Kevin went to the home to do a good deed. With that said, at this point we all have to take a moment to practice forgiveness. If you can't find it in your heart to forgive, then ask God to give you strength. The Bible states that if we do not forgive, then He (The Almighty God)will not forgive us.
Facts Please

Chesapeake, VA

#160 Jan 12, 2008
A marriage--a contract between two people--nobody knows exactly what goes on between the two except GOD and the two who decide to share the story to the best of their ability or to serve their intents.

It is a tragedy--we act, then we think, and as in this case, we sometimes pay.

GOD will have the last say and remember all that "Earth has no sorrow that Heaven can't heal".
Let go and let GOD...
Let It Go

AOL

#161 Jan 13, 2008
Facts Please wrote:
A marriage--a contract between two people--nobody knows exactly what goes on between the two except GOD and the two who decide to share the story to the best of their ability or to serve their intents.
It is a tragedy--we act, then we think, and as in this case, we sometimes pay.
GOD will have the last say and remember all that "Earth has no sorrow that Heaven can't heal".
Let go and let GOD...
Finally!! Someone has said something positive. First to Byron's Family be strong, time will heal your pain and loss. Second, Yolanda's Family, stay prayerful you've got a talk task in front of you. Keep your head up and look to God, where your strenght comes from, god allows U-turns. And Lastly Kevin's Family God is in Control, he allows mistakes, bad judgement, and error during your journey here on earth. So if your intentions were admirable, everything will be alright, and if they weren't, ask for forgiveness and as quickly as it's asked, it's forgiven Period! Then you are not waiting on judgement, you then are forgiven, forever. Isn't it a good God we serve. Please know that even those that were after God's own heart had suffering, he allows suffering to even the faithful. Read the book of JOB.
Detroit to ATL

Carrollton, GA

#162 Jan 13, 2008
Kevin, I have known u since I was a "child running wild", and you have always been like an older brother to me and you have my unending support. I know this too shall pass. Everyone should lean on the Lord at this time as only He can heal our hearts and mend our wounds. I will pray for everyone involved and their family members.
Detroit to Cali

Elk Grove, CA

#163 Jan 29, 2008
Detroit to ATL wrote:
Kevin, I have known u since I was a "child running wild", and you have always been like an older brother to me and you have my unending support. I know this too shall pass. Everyone should lean on the Lord at this time as only He can heal our hearts and mend our wounds. I will pray for everyone involved and their family members.
Yeah I've known you too (wild Child)! You speak the truth, God heals all wounds and in his time.

Call your nephew!!
God will punish the evil

AOL

#164 Feb 6, 2008
It appeared to me from the beginning a fishy story at best. Byron was a gentle Godly man. I figure she called him early that am and said she heard a noise coming from the guest bedroom, like an intruder, that is why he went directly to the guest bedroom., otherwise if he was going in to hurt Yolanda, would't he have gone in to her bedroom. The truth will come out. In the meantime I hope insurance is paid out
God will punish the evil

AOL

#165 Feb 6, 2008
I meant to say I hope no insurance is paid out unless it is to his family or son, but I am sure she made sure she was the beneficiary before the deed was done.
A Friend

United States

#166 Feb 19, 2008
My prayers and thoughts are with you and your families.
Friend in Chicago

United States

#167 Mar 5, 2008
Does anyone know what's going on with the case? I tried to look it up on AJC.com but couldn't find an update. I don't live in Atlanta anymore and frankly I still cannot believe that Byron is gone!
ANNOY

Fairfax, VA

#168 Mar 11, 2008
I too hae not been able to find any information as of lately. I would love to know whats going on with the case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ronald Trump Caused Violent and Hatred 12 min Kinnasawkid 140
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr But Hay 20,289
Review: I Love Kickboxing Atlanta - Buckhead (Aug '14) 2 hr jewjaywu 18
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 3 hr True Judgment 1,408
Jimmy 'that JEW' Baron HATES THE L/G/B/T COMMUNITY 7 hr JimmyBarronSUCKS 1
Whites are not a Human Race but the Lucifer Sta... (Feb '11) 16 hr Fetherman 133
News Missing Perth man Mohammad 'Naz' Rahimi found d... 22 hr what the 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atlanta Mortgages