Comments
1 - 20 of 39 Comments Last updated Jun 18, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Group 1 Boycott

San Diego, CA

#1 May 15, 2006
In effort to fight what we believe to be unfair sales and labor practices as well as stand up for Hispanic women’s right to work in a company dominated by white males - Group 1 Automotive, Inc., we’re organizing a boycott of the Group 1 Automotive, Inc. Dealerships.

As we gear up for the launch, we are trying to collect as many horror stories as possible from consumers and employees (most have been ex-employees). If you have had a bad experience, like many others we’ve found, at any of the Group 1 Automotive dealerships listed below. Please submit your story to our website @ http://www.group1sucks.com/complaintsubmissio... .

Group 1 Automotive Dealers
Advantage BMW Clear Lake
BMW of Stratham
Bob Howard Acura
Bob Howard Chevrolet
Bob Howard Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep
Bob Howard Downtown Dodge
Bob Howard Downtown Ford
Bob Howard's Crown Auto World
Bohn Brothers Toyota
Casa Chevrolet
Casa Mitsubishi on the Westside
Dallas Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep
David Michael Honda of Freehold
Don Bohn Buick, Pontiac, GMC
Don Bohn Dodge
Don Bohn Ford
Don Bohn Lincoln Mercury
Folsom Lake Kia
Folsom Lake Toyota
Fort Bend Toyota
Gene Messer Cadillac, Mitsubishi
Gene Messer Chrysler Jeep
Gene Messer Ford
Gene Messer Mazda of Amarillo
Gene Messer Toyota
Gulf Breeze Ford
Hassel BMW
Hassel Volvo Glen Cove
Hassel Volvo Huntington
Ira Dodge - Medford
Ira Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep
Ira Lexus
Ira Mazda
Ira Nissan of Tewksbury
Ira Toyota II
Ira Toyota III
Ira Toyota of Manchester
Jim Tidwell
Lexus of Clear Lake
Lotus of Clear Lake
Luby Chevrolet
Maxwell Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep
Maxwell Chrysler South
Maxwell Dodge
Maxwell Pontiac / GMC
Maxwell Town North - Nissan
Mercedes-Benz of Beverly Hills
Mike Smith Auto Plex
Mike Smith Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep
Miller Honda
Miller Infiniti
Miller Nissan
Rancho Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge
Rockwall Dodge
Rockwall Ford - Mercury
South Pointe Chevrolet
Sterling McCall Acura
Sterling McCall Honda
Sterling McCall Lexus
Sterling McCall Nissan
World Ford Pembroke Pines
World Ford Pensacola
World Ford Sandy Springs
World Ford Stone Mountain
World Lincoln/Mercury - Alpharetta
World Lincoln-Mercury Snellville
World Toyota

If you believe that there is no place in today’s business world for the unprofessional behavior described above, please visit our www.group1sucks.com/boycott.html page to see how you can help.

Thank you in Advance!

www.group1sucks.com
Margaret Klein

Fredericksburg, TX

#2 Jun 15, 2006
I had a terrible experience as a consumer at Maxwell Town North Nissan in Austin, Texas. They were unprofessinal, unorganized, rude, unprepared and pathetic. I am actually embarassed for them. They all need to be replaced with professionals that know how to treat customers. I will never purchase a car there again and I will make sure that nobody I know does either.
Neighbor II

Morrow, GA

#3 Jun 26, 2006
What unfair sales and labor practices are all these dealers committing.

Can you be alittle more specific?

Thanks
IRA is a good dealership

Medford, MA

#4 Aug 23, 2006
I went to IRA and they treated me quite well. I don't understand your gripe. Without hearing specifically about the horrible thing that happened to you, this is sorta lame.
lynne montague

Yonkers, NY

#5 Sep 21, 2006
I had to hire an attorney to have IRA TOYOTA of TEWKSBURY return my elderly mother's deposit. The dealership tried to strong arm my mom into taking delivery of a vehicle that wasn't equipped with agreed upon options. IRA TOYOTA OF TEWKSBURY engages in unfair and deceptive practices. The Sales Managers have no problem taking advantage of senior citizens. Remember your consumer protection rights and file a complaint with the Attorney General and Better Business Bureau if you have a problem with IRA TOYOTA
lynne montague

New York, NY

#6 Sep 24, 2006
IRA is a good dealership wrote:
I went to IRA and they treated me quite well. I don't understand your gripe. Without hearing specifically about the horrible thing that happened to you, this is sorta lame.

Huh, I actually was specific in myt complaint but apparently this is a dealer sponsored forum because neither the salesperson's name MIKE IVOS or the shit eating salesmanager JOHN MARTIN's name appears despite the fact that I included it in my comments;)
Bruce LaRoche

Conroe, TX

#7 Oct 15, 2006
Reading the comments on this site, I must say that I have purchased several cars from Goup 1...
most recently 2 pre-owned cars from Lexus of Clear Lake, 1 pre-owned car from Kingwood Honda and one new top of the line car from Kingwood Honda...
on each transaction, whether spending 7,000 or 27,000 I found the group 1 sales and finance team to be very professional and a pleasure to do business with...
in fact I am searching their sites now for a pre-owned vehicle for my daughters 16th birthday...
so as for me and my family... we shop group 1 first
Paul Wabnig

AOL

#8 Oct 27, 2006
Watch out for Nathan Triplett at Bohn Gmc. Very Smoooth and you end up with a vehicle that isn't exactly what you're looking for and cleverly wind up paying more than you should.Do Not Sign Anything unless it is stated clearly and broken down completely....Better yet....sleep on it and never sign anything in the showroom.Wait at least a day to digest it....As a Katrina victim my mind is not 100 percent....perfect for salespeople to take advantage of.So be careful out there.
Paul Wabnig

AOL

#9 Dec 19, 2006
A week after getting truck home found a small ding in front chrome bumper...Only drove it straight home and no further than my driveway.Called and asked about dent and they blew it off,saying I could pay to have it fixed...gee thanx.Truck should have been fitted with tool box before delivery,but was assured by Nathan Triplett that it can be done later....almost 2 months now and no tool box . Should never have bought from them.
Paul Wabnig wrote:
Watch out for Nathan Triplett at Bohn Gmc. Very Smoooth and you end up with a vehicle that isn't exactly what you're looking for and cleverly wind up paying more than you should.Do Not Sign Anything unless it is stated clearly and broken down completely....Better yet....sleep on it and never sign anything in the showroom.Wait at least a day to digest it....As a Katrina victim my mind is not 100 percent....perfect for salespeople to take advantage of.So be careful out there.
Fprz

Queen Creek, AZ

#10 Feb 16, 2007
My husband took my car in for maintenance and the workers stole gifts from our trunk. They also went through our glove box and storage area. The manager attempted to solve this privately. We filed a police report. I will never use the Casa team for anything. Ever. My new truck will not come from a Casa affiliate.
Fprz

Queen Creek, AZ

#11 Feb 16, 2007
CASA Mitsubishi.
Don't leave any valuables or (pretty much anything you want to keep) in your car when you take it in for service.
Robert Alabama

Montrose, AL

#12 Apr 20, 2007
I am ex-employee the are unfair in every aspect of the dealership I was employed at. They said nothing would change after the buy-out, especially the pay. We started by opening on Sundays, when the pay was changed. Not a small change either.
Here are so more stores to add to your list.
Pat Peck Nissan, Mobile,Al
Pat Peck Nissan, Kia, and Honda,Gulfport,Ms
Carlitos way

AOL

#13 May 11, 2007
It still surprises me that in the 21st century, reading all these posts, that people are complete retards and morons when buying cars, i used to work for this company, this is a publicaly traded company in the NYSE, for they will not risk law suits and bad rep or it can hurt them in the stock market, so no one is trying to rip you off unless you let them, i will give you 3 don'ts when buying a car....

1.Buying a car is emotional and sales will use it to sell you a car, so when you sign on the dotted line, the car is yours, your responsible, so make sure that when you buy the car, it is what you want, at the right price (also means you can AFFORD the damn car), and that you actually need the car (you would be surprised)

2.when taking delivery, if the car came from another dealership, hold on to the option sheet the sales person shows you to sell you a car, that way when the vehicle shows up, you can go over and make sure it is the same vehicle with the same options, also make sure you INSPECT THE WHOLE CAR, look for dings and dents, if you find any, tell the sales person, if you get home and notice the ding or dent, it could mean 1 of 2 things, you caused the dent on the way home, or you were to blind to notice the imperfection in the first place in which case, the dealer denies responsibility because you drove the vehicle of the lot and ANYTHING can happen.

3. and final that is one of the major advice i give, unless you apr rate is 0% when you finance, NEVER< NEVER, NEVER finance through a dealership, always go with your bank, the dealer will always inflate the APR and hide that with a low monthly payment, then you wonder why you paid so much for a vehicle.

stick with these and you should be fine.
Ghostrider

Garland, TX

#14 May 14, 2007
One other thing to go with Carlita way's #3 use special interest rates offered by the manufactures.
will not give

Bedford, MA

#15 Jun 20, 2007
i worked for ira in danvers they will rip you off telling you false serive info they have had 2 managers cheating with other employees and the 2 woman were fired and the men still have their jobs they practice unfair screw the custom they are told to sell sell sell forget about the customer just make money for group 1
with held

AOL

#16 Aug 2, 2007
I guess if you are not a Barricuda you should not swim with Barricudas.......Of course buyers are ignorant....they don't spend every waking hour trying to figure the ins and outs of purchasing a vehicle.But you are correct in that you should trust NO ONE,especially at a car dealership sales dept.Yes I did let them screw me. Such is life. Trust me that it will never happen again, or to anyone I know....Thanx for your insight.... best regards
Carlitos way wrote:
It still surprises me that in the 21st century, reading all these posts, that people are complete retards and morons when buying cars, i used to work for this company, this is a publicaly traded company in the NYSE, for they will not risk law suits and bad rep or it can hurt them in the stock market, so no one is trying to rip you off unless you let them, i will give you 3 don'ts when buying a car....
1.Buying a car is emotional and sales will use it to sell you a car, so when you sign on the dotted line, the car is yours, your responsible, so make sure that when you buy the car, it is what you want, at the right price (also means you can AFFORD the damn car), and that you actually need the car (you would be surprised)
2.when taking delivery, if the car came from another dealership, hold on to the option sheet the sales person shows you to sell you a car, that way when the vehicle shows up, you can go over and make sure it is the same vehicle with the same options, also make sure you INSPECT THE WHOLE CAR, look for dings and dents, if you find any, tell the sales person, if you get home and notice the ding or dent, it could mean 1 of 2 things, you caused the dent on the way home, or you were to blind to notice the imperfection in the first place in which case, the dealer denies responsibility because you drove the vehicle of the lot and ANYTHING can happen.
3. and final that is one of the major advice i give, unless you apr rate is 0% when you finance, NEVER< NEVER, NEVER finance through a dealership, always go with your bank, the dealer will always inflate the APR and hide that with a low monthly payment, then you wonder why you paid so much for a vehicle.
stick with these and you should be fine.
unknown

Houston, TX

#17 Sep 24, 2007
Ok I live in the houston texas area and I worked at sterling Mccall Honda in houston texas. I have never in my life worked at a place that treated the customers and the EMPLOYEES like SHIT! There was a time when sterling mcall honda with held THOUSANDS of dollars from the new and preowned teams. It got so bad that there where an average of 3-4 deals missing from our pay checks. ALSO Sterling Mccall nissan is in controll of all the sterling mcalls in texas. And they said they supposedly overpayed us double. And instead of the company eating the problem they withdrew our ENTIRE pay check at least 3 times. And everytime I had a question about my pay check or anything like that the bitch of a lady in charge of our paycheck would HIDE from me. Even after I quit they stiffed me out of a couple of deals and I called her up saying I am coming in, she would tell me to call at 4:30 and she leaves at 4:00pm!!!! She even ran from me when I tried getting my last pay check and I grabbed the general manager and she still refused to talk to me with HIM there!!! BOYCOT STERLING MCCALL HONDA!!!!!!!!!
annon

Watertown, MA

#18 Mar 11, 2008
I previously worked for Ira III, but I've also worked for several dealerships in the past. People seem to forget that car dealerships are a buisness, and people are in buisness to make money. So yes, car dealerships are going to make as much money off of the sale of a car as they can. If your selling your house, aren't you going to try and do the same? Its your responsibility to make sure that the car has the equipment your looking for, and that its in aceptable condition before you drive off the lot. After you sign off on everything its your own fault for not taking the time to check the vehicle. This is the same at every car dealer I've ever worked at. Out of every dealer I've ever worked for to date, group 1 is probably the most honest, and most likely to stand by their customers especially when legally obligated to. At the same time however, if its a stupid mistake you made, then your on your own
Smarter Now

Rome, GA

#19 May 23, 2008
Don't buy a car from Crown Automotive in Hoover, Alabama either. They don't stand behind their product. Once they receive your money, it's adios. They won't even return phone calls. Let the buyer beware.

“Greed is evil”

Since: Apr 08

Warm Springs

#20 May 24, 2008
If you buy a car new, you will lose money as soon as you leave the dealership and you will pay a full sales tax. This is a double whammy. In Georgia where they are no consumer laws for used cars, when you leave the dealership they give you a drive way guarantee which means as soon as you drive off you are on your own. Buy from an individual and use Car fax if possible, you will not pay the full sales tax which was already paid when the vehicle was bought new and you will have the same guarantee which is none. My buddy went to buy a car at a used lot and the salesperson came out with the Carfax report and said look no problems. My friend said he would sleep over it went home looked at the Carfax himself and found the car had been in a big crash. The sales persons report was a fake. No I do not work for Carfax.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 min WARRIOR 18,922
It might look white but it is still a chimp 4 hr Fail Again 3
Video War Propaganda Works 5 hr Infowars 1
Why White Guys Like Asian Girls (May '12) 6 hr Sister Evangeline 322
Are You Ready For 9/11? 8 hr boom 5
Statue of William Tecumseh Sherman Peachtree Plaza 10 hr Doctor Know 57
Russia threatens NATO 11 hr Long live Russia 1
•••

Atlanta News Video

•••
•••

Atlanta Jobs

•••