Perdue Unveils Health Care Plan

Full story: WXIA Atlanta 6
Hoping to reduce the swelling ranks of the uninsured in Georgia, Gov. Sonny Perdue on Tuesday unveiled a plan aimed at helping small businesses offer coverage for their employees. Read more
Doctor Feel Good

Harrison, AR

#1 Aug 7, 2007
What would happen, if Georgia became the only state to offer "FREE" healthcare services?
TDD

Peachtree City, GA

#2 Aug 7, 2007
Not a chance in HELL, the only thing that the republicans can see is MORE MONEY in their pockets. Perdue is wanting to sound good, but the bottom line is always, "how much money can I get from this".

Since: Aug 07

United States

#4 Aug 8, 2007
Doctor Feel Good wrote:
What would happen, if Georgia became the only state to offer "FREE" healthcare services?
doctor,

there is no such thing as "free" healthcare services.

there is charity care administered by some, but even that has costs absorbed by the individuals providing it...

Since: Aug 07

United States

#5 Aug 8, 2007
TDD wrote:
Not a chance in HELL, the only thing that the republicans can see is MORE MONEY in their pockets. Perdue is wanting to sound good, but the bottom line is always, "how much money can I get from this".
help me understand how this entitlement program will enrich Gov. Perdue or the republicans.

“not on Topix much these days”

Since: Apr 07

Anywhere Except Georgia

#6 Aug 11, 2007
TDD wrote:
Yeah but it's not just Republicans, the Democrats do it also. Both are just as bad and neither is really any better or worse than the other.

“not on Topix much these days”

Since: Apr 07

Anywhere Except Georgia

#7 Aug 11, 2007
Concerned GA Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
help me understand how this entitlement program will enrich Gov. Perdue or the republicans.
Payoffs, a.k.a. "Donations" from certain companies. And many, many other ways... that's just a quick example.

And yes, if ANY politician would do something lame like let companies buy his soul and then try to sell all of us to the highest bidder, it's Perdue.

Yes anything Perdue is for or against, there is a selfish reason for it. He wants something for himself. That is the type of person he is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
organized gang stalking (Oct '10) 6 hr Elise Gingerich 56
Why do white people HATE Barack Obama??? (Jun '10) 9 hr DapperDave 1,065
ANOTHER Airbus A-320 Down 12 hr The Professor 6
Amazon.com, Inc. is a "scam-artist" company 12 hr The Professor 5
Guys: Oil Price Ripoff 12 hr The Professor 3
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 19 hr Save you lives 19,719
last post wins! (Feb '12) Sat Jeri- 729
Atlanta Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Atlanta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]