Man beaten by police after finding so...

Man beaten by police after finding son dead.

Posted in the Atlanta Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wondering

Powder Springs, GA

#1 Jul 19, 2010
I seen this on tv last week. Does any one know what county it happened in?
As I see em

Campbellsville, KY

#2 Jul 19, 2010
I'm pretty sure it was in Gwinnett. The Police department was involved; I would be interested in hearing their side to decipher what in the heck went on. When I heard the story on the news, the PD was not commenting on the case.

Anyone who just found a family member deceased should be treated with care because there's not a doubt that they would be quite distraught. The cops really did a number on this guy!

Any updates would be appreciated...
As I see em

Campbellsville, KY

#3 Jul 19, 2010
I looked it up and it was the Loganville Police.
The Sage

Boynton Beach, FL

#4 Jul 19, 2010
I think it's pretty obvious this guy is leaving a lot of details out of this story. "I said don't touch me, pulled my arm away, and he started beating me, then everyone started beating me." Sorry, I don't buy that sanitized version of events for one second.

I have no doubt this guy was distraught and that probably led him to make some decisions and moves against the police that were not a good idea and he ordinarily wouldn't have done. Yes, he was distraught and should be handled delicately, but the cops still have a job to do, like protecting a potential crime scene. And just because you're distraught doesn't mean the cops have to let you do whatever you want.
Wondering

Powder Springs, GA

#5 Jul 19, 2010
Thank you, Yes it was Loganville.The video is on their topix.Looks like no matter what the man did, the police could have restrained him with out all the beating.
The Sage

Boynton Beach, FL

#6 Jul 19, 2010
Wondering wrote:
Thank you, Yes it was Loganville.The video is on their topix.Looks like no matter what the man did, the police could have restrained him with out all the beating.
Have you ever tried to restrain someone going crazy?? If you think you can do it better than the cops, name a time and place. Let's see if you can restrain me.
missy

Boynton Beach, FL

#7 Jul 19, 2010
I think the cops freaked out when they saw the young man hanging,and took it out on the Stepdad.They may have confused him with the one that was arrested the week before.
Wondering

Powder Springs, GA

#8 Jul 19, 2010
The Sage wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever tried to restrain someone going crazy?? If you think you can do it better than the cops, name a time and place. Let's see if you can restrain me.
Get Real!!!Im a 60 year old grandma.I am not a trained police officer.I still feel like 4 police officers could have controlled the situation better than that.
As I see em

Campbellsville, KY

#9 Jul 20, 2010
The Sage wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see the guy's face? They beat the hell out of him! And if the PD wasn't at any fault or didn't overreact, why have they not commented regarding their side of the story? I am a giant supporter of police officers and hold the utmost respect for the job they do but this particular case looks like something is wrong here. Unless the man struck an officer, there is no reason they should have beaten his face like that. I will be interested in hearing Loganville's side of the story (or the GBI) before I pass judgement but this doesn't look quite right at all...
The Sage

Atlanta, GA

#10 Jul 20, 2010
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text> Get Real!!!Im a 60 year old grandma.I am not a trained police officer.I still feel like 4 police officers could have controlled the situation better than that.
Well then maybe you shouldn't be Monday Morning Quarterbacking the cops! If you can't do better, keep your uniformed opinions to yourself!
The Sage

Atlanta, GA

#11 Jul 20, 2010
As I see em wrote:
<quoted text>Did you see the guy's face? They beat the hell out of him! And if the PD wasn't at any fault or didn't overreact, why have they not commented regarding their side of the story? I am a giant supporter of police officers and hold the utmost respect for the job they do but this particular case looks like something is wrong here. Unless the man struck an officer, there is no reason they should have beaten his face like that. I will be interested in hearing Loganville's side of the story (or the GBI) before I pass judgement but this doesn't look quite right at all...
Maybe the police aren't commenting because there is an active GBI investigation going on. That is what matters, not what a bunch of people with ZERO experience dealing with kinds of situations thinks because of what they saw on 11 Alive News.

We weren't there, so we don't know how bad this guy was acting. Maybe the cops look worse than this guy. Why is everyone "innocent until proven guilty" unless that person is a cop? Then, no matter what they did or didn't do, they are wrong.

Like I have said, if you think you can do better, step up and show us.
Max

Athens, GA

#12 Jul 20, 2010
Think about this. Cops are just thugs with badges. Beating people is what they like to do.
The entire New Orleans PD is under investigation by the Justice Dept. And then there is Oakland California and before that Atlanta GA. And before that Miami FL. They plant evidence. They've even tasered a SIX year old boy who will probably be developementally disabled for LIFE-at the taxpayers expense. And don't forget the 70 year old man in the parade who was tasered. And it goes on and on.....
The Sage

Atlanta, GA

#13 Jul 20, 2010
Max wrote:
Think about this. Cops are just thugs with badges. Beating people is what they like to do.
The entire New Orleans PD is under investigation by the Justice Dept. And then there is Oakland California and before that Atlanta GA. And before that Miami FL. They plant evidence. They've even tasered a SIX year old boy who will probably be developementally disabled for LIFE-at the taxpayers expense. And don't forget the 70 year old man in the parade who was tasered. And it goes on and on.....
Like I said, the investigation isn't done, but somehow, Nostradamus here already knows exactly what happened and it has to be the police officers' fault.

Name a time and place. I want you to try to restrain me without getting a scratch on me. Bring some friends if you want. Let's see if you can do better than these cops you're bashing!
As I see em

Campbellsville, KY

#14 Jul 20, 2010
The Sage wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the police aren't commenting because there is an active GBI investigation going on. That is what matters, not what a bunch of people with ZERO experience dealing with kinds of situations thinks because of what they saw on 11 Alive News.
We weren't there, so we don't know how bad this guy was acting. Maybe the cops look worse than this guy. Why is everyone "innocent until proven guilty" unless that person is a cop? Then, no matter what they did or didn't do, they are wrong.
Like I have said, if you think you can do better, step up and show us.
I don't know who pissed in your cornflakes this morning but you need to lose the attitude. I can comment on anything I want to and if you got your panties out of a wad and actually read what I posted, you would realize that I didn't condemn anyone. I respect police officers and the job they have to do; I was just curious as to what occurred. No where did I criticize anyone.

If the police were being forthright from the beginning about the accusations, maybe people wouldn't wonder. Sometimes departments feel the need to hide things until they get their ducks in a row to defend their actions; and that's what I'm curious about. The officers didn't volunteer their condition or what occurred so that's why people are asking what's up. Stop being so defensive and thinking everyone is out to get the police. Perhaps the situation warranted this man being beaten like he was and perhaps it didn't- we'll all wait to hopefully find out.

Meanwhile, go and have yourself a nice day.
downsouth

United States

#15 Jul 20, 2010
I don't know what happened in ths case but when my brother got killed as soon as I got there nobody could tell me what happened they just started askin me where had I been and if we had been arguing and actin like they thought I did it so a situation like this can get outta hand veryfast
downsouth

United States

#16 Jul 20, 2010
not sayin that's what happened but sometimes you gotta be careful how you handle this kinda thing
The Sage

Atlanta, GA

#17 Jul 20, 2010
As I see em wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know who pissed in your cornflakes this morning but you need to lose the attitude. I can comment on anything I want to and if you got your panties out of a wad and actually read what I posted, you would realize that I didn't condemn anyone. I respect police officers and the job they have to do; I was just curious as to what occurred. No where did I criticize anyone.
If the police were being forthright from the beginning about the accusations, maybe people wouldn't wonder. Sometimes departments feel the need to hide things until they get their ducks in a row to defend their actions; and that's what I'm curious about. The officers didn't volunteer their condition or what occurred so that's why people are asking what's up. Stop being so defensive and thinking everyone is out to get the police. Perhaps the situation warranted this man being beaten like he was and perhaps it didn't- we'll all wait to hopefully find out.
Meanwhile, go and have yourself a nice day.
You said the cops beat the hell out of him and if they didn't do anything wrong why weren't they being forthcoming with information. That right there suggests you already believe the cops did something wrong and you're providing "proof" in that they aren't going on 11 Alive to talk about what happened. The people who cry on the news first have the most credibility? How are the cops trying to hide anything? They called the GBI in to investigate before the news story even aired!
The Sage

Atlanta, GA

#18 Jul 20, 2010
downsouth wrote:
I don't know what happened in ths case but when my brother got killed as soon as I got there nobody could tell me what happened they just started askin me where had I been and if we had been arguing and actin like they thought I did it so a situation like this can get outta hand veryfast
Cops don't have ESP. Everyone is a suspect until they can rule them out. In this case, it sure looked like a suicide, but what if it hadn't been? How much damage could this grieving father have done in the crime scene if it had been a murder?
Wondering

Powder Springs, GA

#19 Jul 20, 2010
sage, why do you continue to ask people to come see if they can restrain you? I know the police have a difficult job.But this was not a criminal they were dealing with.And since 2 held him down, and 2 beat him, just like he and a neighbor stated, maybe these officers are not qualified.
The Sage

Atlanta, GA

#20 Jul 20, 2010
Wondering wrote:
sage, why do you continue to ask people to come see if they can restrain you? I know the police have a difficult job.But this was not a criminal they were dealing with.And since 2 held him down, and 2 beat him, just like he and a neighbor stated, maybe these officers are not qualified.
Not a criminal? The police didn't know that at the time. Maybe this wasn't really a suicide? I think it was, but in the first few minutes on scene, how do to cops know? They don't know if this father and son had a great relationship together or if they hated each other's guts. Not a criminal? The cops didn't know that for sure at the time. Was he trying to enter a crime scene against the orders of police? That's criminal right there.

How do you know two held him down while two beat on him? That isn't exactly what the neighbor across the street said. I also question how much of the actual struggle she witnessed. From her interview, the garage is quite far from where she was.

But there YOU go acting like everyone else. You're assuming the cops were wrong before knowing all of the facts. The GBI investigation isn't complete, but YOU have already decided who was wrong here.

I'm asking people to volunteer to restrain me because everyone seems to think you can just pinch someone on the neck and they're going to magically stop fighting and you can put them in handcuffs without putting a scratch on them. I'm asking people who think like that to put their money where their mouth is! Let's see some of the no nothing big mouths do it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 57 min what up 2,020
Why Black Women wont date White Men in the ATL (May '11) 2 hr Bigtwins1 34
News Ex-manager Says OJ Confessed (May '08) 10 hr sunnyt 53
Augusta Chronicle Claims Fall Short Tabloid New... 12 hr sallie james 1
Is there a free abortion clinic in Atlanta or s... (Feb '11) Fri Push 192
Ronald Trump Caused Violent and Hatred Fri Tolerman 147
Do women provoke men to hit them? (Feb '12) Fri CommonSenseGuy 74
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atlanta Mortgages