Wrong-way Crash on I-20 in Douglasville Kills Three

Jul 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MyFOX Atlanta

Investigators said a wrong-way driver was going west in the eastbound lane around 2:00 a.m. Saturday, July 5 and collided with a car carrying three women.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
kim

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

My heart goes out for all the families that was involved. May god be with you.
Carla

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

This really touch my heart and I knew the girls except for Lisa Sinkfield. May God be with their families at this trying time. And may god continue to bless the survivier(Ki-Ki) and also nurse her back to good health.
Concerned Bill Arp Mom

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

My prayers go out to the family members and the young lady who survived. God be with you.
SuperMom

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Life is Precious-we truely are not promised tommorrow. It could have happened to any of us-I am praying for the families of all involved.
jay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Judged:

Don't drink and drive, and these things wont happen. I'm sorry for the loss of the innocent life which was lost due to 2 irresponsible people.
Concerned Bill Arp Mom

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

jay wrote:
Don't drink and drive, and these things wont happen. I'm sorry for the loss of the innocent life which was lost due to 2 irresponsible people.
I'm sorry, but I haven't heard this. Were both drivers drinking?
The Sage

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

I doubt both drivers were drinking. Even if the dead female driver had been drinking, you'd be hard pressed to convince me she had any fault in this accident. The male driver was on the wrong side of the interstate and hit the female driver head on!! His family tried to say he must have just fallen asleep. Sorry!! Not buying it!!! When you fall asleep, you don't end up driving for a good distance on the wrong side of an interstate!! You crash into a wall or go into a ditch!! Someone who is DRUNK goes the wrong way down an EXIT ramp onto the interstate, then continues driving until they have a head on collision.

My thoughts are with these innocent females who were just trying to get home.
Concerned Bill Arp Mom

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

It's just a tragic situation. Hug and tell your loved ones how much they mean to you.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Judged:

The Sage wrote:
I doubt both drivers were drinking. Even if the dead female driver had been drinking, you'd be hard pressed to convince me she had any fault in this accident. The male driver was on the wrong side of the interstate and hit the female driver head on!! His family tried to say he must have just fallen asleep. Sorry!! Not buying it!!! When you fall asleep, you don't end up driving for a good distance on the wrong side of an interstate!! You crash into a wall or go into a ditch!! Someone who is DRUNK goes the wrong way down an EXIT ramp onto the interstate, then continues driving until they have a head on collision.
What sage said.
keke

Stone Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2008

kim wrote:
My heart goes out for all the families that was involved. May god be with you.
Hello this is the remaining survivor from the incident.. thanks for all of your blessings
keke

Stone Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2008

The Sage wrote:
Yes, I agree with you but we werent on our way home.. and just like you i dont think that he was asleep there's no way in hell that im going for that one.. try it again.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2008

keke wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree with you but we werent on our way home.. and just like you i dont think that he was asleep there's no way in hell that im going for that one.. try it again.
Then please tell us in your words what happened that night.
Lisa

Stone Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

Judged:

jay wrote:
I had been waiting The toxicology report said that the mans alcohol content was 3.89. This is suppose to be comatose. I knew my daughter had two children and I trained her well to be domesticated. I did not live
out in douglasville. This was the only place she could get out on her own and have her own apartment. She had every right to head back to where her mother lives.
Lisa

Stone Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

keke wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I
understand he had done this before but survived. My daughter was not from Douglasville it was the apartment and just getting out on
her own with her two children. I want the fools to know this. I am a New Ager and have always given my children quality time. Organization and discipline was my motto. Domestication was my place. I could not reply when it happened it was an unspeakable.
This man had an alcohol content of 3.89. 4.0 is dead. My daughter was not a drinker. Its amazing what idiots will say when the man was driving on the wrong side of the road Sacriledge
Lisa

Stone Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

Concerned Bill Arp Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but I haven't heard this. Were both drivers drinking?
No both drivers were not drinking. His alcohol content was 3.89. My daughter had 2 children and had gotten an apartment out there in douglasville. And for his family to call people to come talk to them their lucky. This man did this before. But we will leave this one to God and time wont we.
Glow

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

Lisa wrote:
<quoted text> No both drivers were not drinking. His alcohol content was 3.89. My daughter had 2 children and had gotten an apartment out there in douglasville. And for his family to call people to come talk to them their lucky. This man did this before. But we will leave this one to God and time wont we.
Yeah. Let's just leave it to "god". And all the other drunk people out there driving? Let's just leave them to "god" and let them kills a few people on their way out. Thank you so very much, "god".
pier pressure

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

Concerned Bill Arp Mom wrote:
It's just a tragic situation. Hug and tell your loved ones how much they mean to you.
and HANG UP YOUR CELL PHONE and watch WHERE YOU ARE GOING.At 2 am, there is NOT alot of traffic on the roads.People do fall asleep and come into your lane.People do drink and drive and get on the WRONG side of the road.WATCH YOUR SURROUNDINGS,BE PREPARED IF THIS HAPPENS....... If you see someone coming at you on the wrong side of the road, MOVE OVER,Get your head out of your ass and watch your surroundings.I travel over 2500 miles per week.I see this ALL THE TIME..... If your driving, you should be prepared for ANY THING, deer jumping in your lane, dogs,people throwing rocks off over passes,drunk drivers weaving,people asleep and driving, people TEXT messaging and crossing the line.ITS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to WATCH YOUR SURROUNDINGS.DOnt assume just because you are not drunk the guy beside you ISN't......BE PREPARED!!!!.GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS and OFF THE PHONE while driving.There are IDIOTS behind the wheel 100% of the time.
pier pressure

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

NOT all accidents are preventable, but if your watching and alert, 90% ARE!
Santanna

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2010

Lisa, girl I miss u so much!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Atlanta Forum right now

Search the Atlanta Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 44 min jeb stuart 47,389
NASCAR update 45 min Namer 8
Good morning 1 hr Sherman 1
The Master Class is getting annoyed 1 hr Sherman 2
4 of July Peachtree Road Racism 1 hr Sherman 61
Scoring heroin 4 hr ATLboi 3
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr PetVax 18,482
•••
•••

Atlanta News Video

•••
Atlanta Dating

more search filters