Woman Charged in Husband's Death

Full story: WXIA Atlanta

A DeKalb County woman was arrested Tuesday and charged with killing her husband.
Comments
41 - 60 of 211 Comments Last updated Mar 13, 2011
advocate for love

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

Judged:

I've read the post and I couldn't just let this slide.
Lona has been a client of mine for years, and Mr. Scott was a good man....to others besides his immediate family.
It is ironic how his friends and family, recognize the GOODNESS. Yet when significant times came regarding his children, and Lona - he made it clear he didn't want to be there.
Pictures do not lie people. Files and reports do not lie people.
I have served on a Board of directors that Mr. Scott donated monetary assistance and service for years. I have known him for awhile as well....the business and personal side.
Pray for Lona, the babies and The Scotts.
not so anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

Judged:

I also knew these two people and Cliff was a solid father. We know very well that Lona kept the girls away from him and his family. She would not let him go and held the girls, his family, to keep their divorce from going through. She had dated others and so had he. He came back to put his family back together. This "lady" had a personal self-defense coach, who even attended her baby shower, and was accomplished in judo. There was an oddness about this woman from the 'get go'. She even 'trapped' Clif into marriage by getting pregnant at age 39, he did the right thing and this is what it got him. Shot 5 times, by this 'devoted' mother who did this in front of her daughter. Her vileness so apparent.
anonymous

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
First of all, none of you who've left comments know/knew either of these people or their kids. I did. Lona is most definitely not a murderer. Cliff was abusive in every way, to the point of threatening her life time after time. If he couldn't have her, nobody could. Cliff was not there for his kids even when he was alive, so it's no big loss for them. On the other hand, losing their mother who cares an unbelievably great deal for both of her daughters would be.
Your right! Cliff spent many nights away from home at his sleep over girlfriends house!!! He drove Lona over the edge and would never let her leave him to live her own life. You and I know Cliff had a lot of money, that was his control. Cliff, sad to hear he's did, but he was very, very cruel to her.
not so anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

Judged:

Sounds like she had a premadonna complex, "if he couldn't have her, no one would,". It's ludicrous to consider him make a statement like that. Cliff was highly educated and successful. She was uneducated,older and without money. Think about it. That sounds more like something she said to him. It's so sad.
Independent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

Both sides can easily argue for him or her. That will be for the attorneys. Has she been arraigned, plead, indicted? Where is she now and does she have an attorney? Bond, bail or no? How are the girls and what do they know?
not so anonymous

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Judged:

The little one is in Canada. Don't know where the other one is, hopefully together.
For The Chilren

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Judged:

not so anonymous wrote:
The little one is in Canada. Don't know where the other one is, hopefully together.
Please do not post information unless you have complete knowledge and posting something accurate as alot of legal issues are at stake. Neither one of the children are in Canada. They are being cared for by family members locally.
not so anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2008

Judged:

Why are the children in the care of the murderer's family?? Shouldn't they be with the victim's family?
susan atlanta

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Judged:

Unless you have been in a marriage where you feared his angry outrages for yourself and your children, you have no idea how inconsequential it is to have a "great provider and meal ticket". My husband never told anyone he was a domestic abuser either.
against man haters wrote:
I have to agree with the last posting.(there is no excuse for what she did.) I knew Cliff Scott and I have learned alot for him in both live and his death. He was a great provider for his family. There was never anything said of domestic abuse until the meal ticket was being taken away. The loss of Cliff will be felt by many families. I think she has committed the ultimate form of selfishness by taking both her childern's parents away. Someone needs to explain to me how it is self defence when a man is shot at 3am in the morning 5 times sounds a little excessive if you ask me. Sounds like rage.
so sad

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Judged:

not so anonymous wrote:
Why are the children in the care of the murderer's family?? Shouldn't they be with the victim's family?
Or maybe she should not be called a murderer, but should be called a protector of her children. Maybe she did what she had to do. Maybe it was her only option. Both families are victim's!
Ray Vega

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Judged:

My name is Ray Vega. I am a Real Estate Agent based in Miami, FL.
I am looking for a family member of Cliff Scott. Or maybe the Attorney for the State.
You can contact me @ miamidadecounty@hotmail.com
3 0 5 3 4 5 3 3 1 5
thanks
For The Children

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Judged:

not so anonymous wrote:
Maybe they are with the victim's family, who's to say who the real victim is here. Sounds to me there are victim's on both sides and particularly the children. Also, maybe had Cliff's family spent a little more time involved in the girls life they might be with them now. They are where they are comfortable and with the people they have spent alot of time with in their life. Not sure how close you are to this situation as you have already posted inaccurate information. Maybe what's best for the children needs to be considered instead of putting them in the middle of some huge legal custody battle. Anyone who knows these girls knows who they have spent time with and how much with regards to family members.
hmmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Judged:

so sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe she should not be called a murderer, but should be called a protector of her children. Maybe she did what she had to do. Maybe it was her only option. Both families are victim's!
Cliff might have been an arrogant jerk but he would have NEVER harmed the children.
Ray Vega

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Judged:

I never got to meet Cliff personally, but we used to talk and comunicate by emails everytime. I was very surprised as he suddenly stoped replying my emails. Then I realize something wrong happened. Then I went online and I found the terrible news. He was always a very nice person. It's a shame I never met him when he came to Miami.
Please, if any of you guys know where to find a relative, I have valuables I need to return to either the Attorney for the State or someone close to Cliff able to take desicions.
God bless. Rest in peace.
You can contact me anytime at my above info or thru here. I will be checking this often.
thanks
Ray Vega

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

I am sorry, you might have a wrong person. I am a real estate agent in Miami trying to contact any family member.
I am just trying thru here, But I might have to fly over there if I have no results.
thanks
ell

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2008

Judged:

The truth wrote:
This is where the public messes up. I personally know this family. And where the media misses info is THE HISTORY IS HIS-STORY.
It is not so easy to LEAVE a man that FINDS you. Haunts you. Stalks you and your HIDING location(s).
Before you pre-judge....consider the other sides to the story.
And for the record....she did all the proper legal things....a restraining order is paper.
if this is true, and she had a restraining order, although it didn't help her situation it should certainly help her case....shouldn't it????
Che

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2008

Judged:

There are a lot of comments indicating that Lona felt trapped, that she did all she could legally, that people knew Cliff was "not good to his immediate family." What could their community have done? Why do these tragedies repeat in our city, our state, our nation? That is not a rhetorical question people nor is it asked so we can all shake our heads in agreed sadness. Since the Genovese case in NYC decades ago when "neighbors" listened as a young woman was murdered and did nothing except blame the police for their slow response to (late) calls, I have wondered, not what is wrong with the Cliff Scotts but what is wrong that WE WHO SEE choose not to see and are so impotent in helping one another in troubled situations.
abcs

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2008

Judged:

Che wrote:
There are a lot of comments indicating that Lona felt trapped, that she did all she could legally, that people knew Cliff was "not good to his immediate family." What could their community have done? Why do these tragedies repeat in our city, our state, our nation? That is not a rhetorical question people nor is it asked so we can all shake our heads in agreed sadness. Since the Genovese case in NYC decades ago when "neighbors" listened as a young woman was murdered and did nothing except blame the police for their slow response to (late) calls, I have wondered, not what is wrong with the Cliff Scotts but what is wrong that WE WHO SEE choose not to see and are so impotent in helping one another in troubled situations.
I have read this post for several weeks and have chosen not to post any comments as I did not know either Lona or Cliff Scott on a personal level. I did, however, see Lona and her older daughter on a frequent basis. This comment strikes a cord in my heart as I've been really thinking the last few weeks about how situations can escalate so quickly. And through this situation being so close to home I've realized that there is always a "real life, a real person" behind these nigtmare stories we hear in the news. Even just as important, there are so many other lives impacted by this story -- parents of Lona, Cliff; siblings, aunts, heartbroken little girls. And, even those in less imediate contact like friends of the girls, the parents, teachers, and community circles. For me, I've commtted to seeking God for wisdom in seeing these type of situations coming and asking him for the courage to know what to do about it. I just can't sit by and watch this happen to my friends and neighbors any longer. Thanks to you CHE for your posting! I'm behind you 100%!
Southsider

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2008

Judged:

Independent wrote:
Both sides can easily argue for him or her. That will be for the attorneys. Has she been arraigned, plead, indicted? Where is she now and does she have an attorney? Bond, bail or no? How are the girls and what do they know?
That's not quite right, hse came from a wealthy background.
Southsider

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2008

Judged:

not so anonymous wrote:
Sounds like she had a premadonna complex, "if he couldn't have her, no one would,". It's ludicrous to consider him make a statement like that. Cliff was highly educated and successful. She was uneducated,older and without money. Think about it. That sounds more like something she said to him. It's so sad.
That's not entirely true, she came from a wealthy background.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Atlanta News Video

•••
•••

Atlanta Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atlanta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Atlanta News, Events & Info