Man Found Dead in Gwinnett County

There are 20 comments on the Jan 19, 2008, WXIA Atlanta story titled Man Found Dead in Gwinnett County. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

A man was found dead Saturday afternoon in a vehicle at the Wesley Paces apartments on Jimmy Carter Boulevard, Gwinnett County Police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Backwoods

Athens, ME

#1 Jan 19, 2008
11Alive is now 10Alive after man in Gwinnett County has cold feet with negative blood flow. Death due to chicken flu.
Sarah

Lawrenceville, GA

#2 Jan 19, 2008
I was at a friends apartment at 5:30 pm on Saturday and we talked to the police. They said the man was shot in the back of the head in a van.

Since: Aug 07

Stone Mountain, GA

#5 Jan 20, 2008
Sad wrote:
Nothing unusual about this area. If they won't go back to Mexico on their own then I call it population control. That's all they know is to shoot, kill and steal. Not a civilized part of the county. Go figure.
Your statement just points out your ignorance and prejudice. The person killed was Herbert J. Higgins, I don't know too many people south of the border with the last name of Higgins. Even if this person had been an immigrant (illegal or otherwise) does not give any other person the right to murder them.
Not

Snellville, GA

#6 Jan 20, 2008
GSXR1000Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement just points out your ignorance and prejudice. The person killed was Herbert J. Higgins, I don't know too many people south of the border with the last name of Higgins. Even if this person had been an immigrant (illegal or otherwise) does not give any other person the right to murder them.
In this area, there's about a 99% chance that an immigrant (probably illegal) killed him.
Leighton

Forest Hills, NY

#8 Jan 20, 2008
Not wrote:
<quoted text>
In this area, there's about a 99% chance that an immigrant (probably illegal) killed him.
YO HE WAS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN,DOES THAT MAKE IT ANY BETTER NOW
one more

Carrollton, GA

#9 Jan 20, 2008
You people are so ignorant... so if you are a dam niggro then you should be returned to africa go sell you drugs there and kill people and rob people there.... and if you are white then return to wou people are so ignorant... so if you are a dam negros then you should be returned to Africa go sell you drugs there and kill people and rob people there.... and if you are white then return to where you ancestors came from Europe... go be crack heads there and be trailer trash there... beat you wife and all the stuff that white people do.. You people just say that all Hispanics are illegalís and that are Mexican... please educate yourself before looking like a dam idiot! Not everyone is from Mexico not everyone is illegal! If Hispanics should leave this country then you negros should leave too and you red neck white people should leave to because the United Stated Of America does not belong to you! here you anseters came from europe... go be crak heads there and be trailer trash there... beat you wife and all the stuff that white people do.. you people just say that all hispanics are illigals and that are mexican.. please educate yourself before loking like a dam idiot! not everyone is from mexico not every one is illegal!
DFACS

Tazewell, TN

#10 Jan 20, 2008
one more wrote:
You people are so ignorant... so if you are a dam niggro then you should be returned to africa go sell you drugs there and kill people and rob people there.... and if you are white then return to wou people are so ignorant... so if you are a dam negros then you should be returned to Africa go sell you drugs there and kill people and rob people there.... and if you are white then return to where you ancestors came from Europe... go be crack heads there and be trailer trash there... beat you wife and all the stuff that white people do.. You people just say that all Hispanics are illegalís and that are Mexican... please educate yourself before looking like a dam idiot! Not everyone is from Mexico not everyone is illegal! If Hispanics should leave this country then you negros should leave too and you red neck white people should leave to because the United Stated Of America does not belong to you! here you anseters came from europe... go be crak heads there and be trailer trash there... beat you wife and all the stuff that white people do.. you people just say that all hispanics are illigals and that are mexican.. please educate yourself before loking like a dam idiot! not everyone is from mexico not every one is illegal!
Didn't get past the 6th grade, huh?

Since: Dec 07

Jefferson, GA

#13 Jan 21, 2008
Not wrote:
<quoted text>
You are soooooo right!
thought

Birmingham, AL

#14 Jan 21, 2008
I am surprised that when a police man is killed and shot they find the ones who did it and I am glad they did, but I wish I could see that same urgency in other murders. In Nov a man was shot in the head also in SW Atlanta , it would be nice to also see urgency in solving that crime. The family needs closure. I also hope they find the one in this case. To many men are found shot in the head. It has to stop.

Jefferson, GA

#16 Jan 21, 2008
thought wrote:
I am surprised that when a police man is killed and shot they find the ones who did it and I am glad they did, but I wish I could see that same urgency in other murders. In Nov a man was shot in the head also in SW Atlanta , it would be nice to also see urgency in solving that crime. The family needs closure. I also hope they find the one in this case. To many men are found shot in the head. It has to stop.
The ugly truth is that it is likely no one will ever know who did this. I am sure some bleeding heart will crucify me for this but...it is more probable than not that this guy was shot by an illegal. If we can find the illegals well enough to count them just to have an accurate count of how many are here, we will have an even greater problem finding them to prosecute one for a murder. It is amazing how they suddenly loose the ability to speak english when someone asks questions. I know, as a teacher in Gwinnett, I only have a few hispanic students. When ever one of them is in trouble their parents are no where to be found and when you do catch up with one they can't speak english. If I called up and left a message saying I wanted to put their student in a special program where he/she would get something they would kill the battery in the phone trying to call and get through, leaving endless messages for me in perfect english. It is just the nature of this immigration nightmare.
Atlanta Georgia

Roswell, GA

#17 Jan 24, 2008
The case was about a guy that was murdered. No where did it say it was about immigration or the suspect being hispanic.

Jefferson, GA

#18 Jan 24, 2008
Atlanta Georgia wrote:
The case was about a guy that was murdered. No where did it say it was about immigration or the suspect being hispanic.
Tell me something...does it hurt for you to think? Is that why you don't do it? You probably think that all the illegals are good guys too. I'll be that you even employ them!
chris 4300 jc blvd

Buford, GA

#19 Jan 24, 2008
My wife was the one to call the police about the man in the van. We got a good look at him and I believe most of you are wrong, he seemed to be a 'regular joe' probably with a family. However I don't know his story but just by the way he was dressed and the van he was driving suggested that he probably was not illegal in any way. He sat deceased in front of our house for about 4-5 hours. It is really sad to have lived your life for 57 years only to die like that. Sad. Real.
chris 4300 jc blvd

Buford, GA

#20 Jan 24, 2008
Also he was not hispanic
chris 4300 jc blvd

Buford, GA

#21 Jan 24, 2008
I talked and gave interviews with the police and was sickeded to realize how little the cared, but yes had it been one of them they most likely would have had an all out search for the killer. No they didin't seemed concerened at all
Leighton

New York, NY

#22 Jan 25, 2008
To Chris 4300 jc blvd
Thank your wife for calling the police,that my stepdad they kill & for the police to act like they don't care that fuck up, This a good man with a family. AGAIN If any one knows anything about this SENSELESS KILLING PLEASE CONTACT THE POLICE.
Thank You
chris 4300 jc blvd

Buford, GA

#23 Jan 25, 2008
Sorry for your loss.

Jefferson, GA

#24 Jan 26, 2008
chris 4300 jc blvd wrote:
Also he was not hispani
Not the VICTIM, the SHOOTER. The viloent criminal who shot and killed the innocent man, was probably a hispanic.
bakberlin

Atlanta, GA

#25 Feb 2, 2008
I went to this man's funeral today. He was the son-in-law of a very dear friend of mine. He did not know me very well at all, but, he had invited me to his house on many occasions to celebrate Thanksgiving and birthdays because all of my family is out of state. (I am caucasian by the way). He was a wonderful, wonderful man in many ways. I knew he was a decent man from my interactions with him, but what I heard today at the funeral, made me realize how truly incredible he was. He was an incredibly giving man, who raised several children who were not his own, including nieces, nephews and step children. But most of all he was a human who simply deserved respect. All you on here who connected this with racial stereotypes and who injected racial slurs, you just don't get it. If you really knew the whole story about what happened, you might not have said the things that you said. If you still would have said those things, then its obvious that you simply need help. I pray that nothing like this ever happens to you, but maybe if it does, and you hear stupid stuff like you have said, said about you and your loved one, then maybe you will finally get it. Until then, you may want to check out some good therapists or psychologists.
Lana Spencer

Davenport, IA

#26 Feb 4, 2008
I am so very sorry to hear about this very tragic event and I wish the family all the support they need in these hard times. Please know that you are in the Spencer-Harris family prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bruce Jenner good or bad 24 min Elmer 1
Uber in Atlanta..Are you an uberX driver? Is it... (Nov '13) 4 hr LegalOne777 65
Organized Gang Stalking What You Need To Know (Sep '10) 5 hr Steven Gorum 259
Will do anything...desperate of $1000 cash now! (Apr '13) 7 hr Gene Santore 113
Why Mr. Chatman 31 May Have Been Shot In Front ... 8 hr American_Sons 9
Is this joke for a law enforcement officer... (Mar '13) 9 hr Tanya Snell 14
Unemployment rates across the country continues... 11 hr Concerned 5
More from around the web

Atlanta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]