Jumper on Peachtree Street Tonight (M...

Jumper on Peachtree Street Tonight (March 9, 2012)

Posted in the Atlanta Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Curious

Atlanta, GA

#1 Mar 9, 2012
Does anyone know what happened on Peachtree Street near the
Loew's Hotel tonight around 6:00pm or so?
midtownresident

Atlanta, GA

#2 Mar 9, 2012
Someone committed suicide from the 1010 Midtown high rise. Just shows money can't buy you happiness.
Sara

Atlanta, GA

#3 Mar 9, 2012
midtownresident wrote:
Someone committed suicide from the 1010 Midtown high rise. Just shows money can't buy you happiness.
Saw the cops pull up right around 515. He fell feet first, it was awful.
Curious

Atlanta, GA

#4 Mar 9, 2012
Wow, yeah the steets were shut down and crime scene tape had the area taped off. It just made me curious about who jumped and why! It was a very earie thing to see in that area. I was going to go for a walk, but chose no to due to the weather. I would have been right there about the tme it happened. Do you know any more details?
Sara

Atlanta, GA

#5 Mar 9, 2012
Curious wrote:
Wow, yeah the steets were shut down and crime scene tape had the area taped off. It just made me curious about who jumped and why! It was a very earie thing to see in that area. I was going to go for a walk, but chose no to due to the weather. I would have been right there about the tme it happened. Do you know any more details?
I saw it right as the police arrived. People were just shocked & someone came out of the building that must have known him, based on the hysterical reaction. It must have happened because traffic & runners were no stopped or told to go around. It was brutal. I thought it was a joke. I have been keeping an eye on the ajc site, hoping it was a practical joke, but then I found this post. I do not know anything except what I saw.
Curious

Atlanta, GA

#6 Mar 9, 2012
Not to be morbid, but where did he jump/fall from (how high)? Was it a definate suicide?
Curious

Atlanta, GA

#7 Mar 9, 2012
Yeah, I was on my way to dinner and saw the scene. On my way home I saw a clean up crew. I rushed home to check ajc or news sites too, but saw nothing! Nothing on the 10:00 news either. I just have such an unsettled feeling from what I saw, which wasn't much.
Chelsea

Detroit, MI

#8 Mar 9, 2012
I saw the specialized clean up team cleaning the side walk where the accident happened 3 hours afterward. Very sad but very gross
Sara

Atlanta, GA

#9 Mar 9, 2012
Curious wrote:
Not to be morbid, but where did he jump/fall from (how high)? Was it a definate suicide?
Not sure. But you could tell he came down feet first & his arms did not look like they tried to break a fall. Not a lot of blood splatter. I have never seem a deadly fall before, so it could have just as easily been an accident. He was wearing shoes. I do not know what that means, but it struck me as odd. One of them fell off. Very sad. People just wandered around aimlessly & no one seemed to be in a hurry to check on him
Curious

Atlanta, GA

#10 Mar 9, 2012
Really? Just so shocking...younger or middle aged guy? That building is such a nice address. I always look up when I walk by and imagine how nice those places are and have always wanted to see the units. I just can't imagine what would be sooo bad. Guess that's why it's got my curiosity so peaked!(I know that's naive of me)
Sara

Atlanta, GA

#11 Mar 9, 2012
Curious wrote:
Really? Just so shocking...younger or middle aged guy? That building is such a nice address. I always look up when I walk by and imagine how nice those places are and have always wanted to see the units. I just can't imagine what would be sooo bad. Guess that's why it's got my curiosity so peaked!(I know that's naive of me)
Older than 35, but younger than 55. I would guess early 40's.
Curious

Atlanta, GA

#12 Mar 9, 2012
Thanks for all your comments....It has been helpful! My heart goes out to his family and friends who ever he his.
Sara

Atlanta, GA

#13 Mar 9, 2012
Curious wrote:
Thanks for all your comments....It has been helpful! My heart goes out to his family and friends who ever he his.
Thanks for asking. I am a little disturbed by what I saw & I needed to "talk" about it. I am glad this was posted or I would have gone on thinking I was nuts, since I have not been able to find anything else reported. It was very sad.
Dusty

Gaithersburg, MD

#14 Mar 9, 2012
He apparently jumped from the 25th floor. Very sad.
Curious

Atlanta, GA

#15 Mar 9, 2012
Same here!:) I can only imagine what you are going through, I only saw the taped off scene and a white tent. I was searching every where, even posted on Facebook, with no results! It's amazing the power of the internet! I've never used a site or blog like this, but happy I did....
Curious

Atlanta, GA

#16 Mar 9, 2012
Dusty wrote:
He apparently jumped from the 25th floor. Very sad.
Were you there or just heard about it?
Park Central Resident

Atlanta, GA

#17 Mar 9, 2012
We were wondering what happened too. I have been on the AJC all evening and nothing has been written. My wife and I were running and we only saw that the entire area was blocked. People were looking, yet had no details. My wife and I were going to bed and wondered if anything was written about it. Thus far, we've only found this. We live a block away and could see police lights from our balcony on Peachtree for hours after.
Park Central Resident

Atlanta, GA

#18 Mar 9, 2012
Peachtree Street was blocked off from 11th Street in the south to 12th Street in the north. Every person on the east side balconies of the 1010 Midtown building was looking onto the sidewalk. It was blocked. Thus passers could not see a body. Upon entering our building a block north, the story had spread. Nontheless, no one seems to have details, which is a bit of a surprise in our Midtown neighborhood (gossip travels quickly). Our Concierge had no details beyond someone had "fallen." Everyone was careful to not simply assume that someone jumped. When the woman fell out of the W Hotel last spring, we discovered that she had been "pushed" against the glass of the hotel. I hope foul play was not involved. Although, it is even worse to here that any person is driven to such depth to take their own life. Unfortunate and sad.
1010 resident

Atlanta, GA

#19 Mar 9, 2012
I live at 1010. He was a great man with very serious health issues. He struggled for many months to be well and pain free. I don't agree with what he did, but will remember him as the kind, caring, loved by everyone person he was.
Dusty

Gaithersburg, MD

#20 Mar 9, 2012
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you there or just heard about it?
We live directly across the street and face the unit he jumped from. The staff in our building staff that building as well and they told us he jumped from the 25th floor. From our windows we saw his body covered with a yellow tarp and the police standing around him waiting for the medical examiner to arrive. So incredibly tragic. What he must have been suffering with to take his life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what a mess 2 hr Voter 3
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr see the truth 20,317
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 5 hr southern at heart 1,545
Time Out - Local children's tv show, early 1980s? (Dec '14) 7 hr Will Dockery 12
Why are Sexy Rich White women, leaving White M... (Jan '12) Mon Kegel Queen 543
Comedian/actor Larry Bourne II, "people should ... Sun HasseKid23 2
Obama's apology to Georgia May 28 Nagisaki 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atlanta Mortgages