Atlanta Police Officer Killed in Head-on Collision

Oct 24, 2008 Full story: MyFOX Atlanta 101

An off duty Atlanta Police officer was killed early Friday morning in a head-on collision in Fulton County, said authorities.

Read more

“Up Front”

Since: Jul 08

Atlanta, GA

#63 Oct 28, 2008
Mare wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know anything! Hmm Plane. He is dead! They are both dead. They died. On impact.
I am Brent's aunt.
I am not justifying his behavior at all! It was wrong. So, if you are wising for death, BOOM it is done. And he took Officer Johnson, a highly decorated and respected officer with him. Officer Jonson was not that far from home when it occured.
His life is gone as well an inocent man. I hope you research you information before proposing he has a life expiriencing moment in an airplane. They died instantly.
My nephew did wrong. He made the wrong choices, and that is to be sure. I guess with what you wrote, he is probably for sure roasting in hell as we speak. You did not know my nephew and the years before it happened. Be sure that my nephew was in hell when everything happened.
Hell, if he has a choice he probably would have gladly jumped out of that airplane sans parachute before having that accdent.
Get your facts togather
"Get your facts together"? OK.....I hope Tory doesn't mind me speaking here since Mare was speaking to him, but I cannot help it....

Fact #1 - "The Douglas County Sheriff's Office said they've had numerous issues with Edwards Jacobs"

Fact #2 - "Authorities said they received a 911 call from someone who spotted Jacobs' car weaving." In case you do not know what they mean by "weaving", that means he was all over the road like a drunk, putting dozens of innocent lives on the line.

Fact #3 - "Officers followed him for a while. Jacobs took off when deputies attempted to pull him over."

Fact #4 - "The collision killed both men" It is one thing when someone who is ASKING for death due to stupidity, but when they take an innocent life(ves) and YOU defend him?!?!

This kid and people like him should use his brain like people on the Golden Gate Bridge. Hardly anyone will notice them on the edge, they jump, and us taxpayers don't have to waste our time and money waiting for it to happen and cleaning things up.

Since: Oct 08

AOL

#64 Oct 28, 2008
Running from the law seems to be a game young adults play. They need to know it's wrong and dangerous. Parents maybe should talk to their kids and teach them that it's just stupid to run. They'll get caught eventually, may take years, but someday they will get caught and the charges will be more stiff.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#65 Oct 28, 2008
ANON ME wrote:
Running from the law seems to be a game young adults play. They need to know it's wrong and dangerous. Parents maybe should talk to their kids and teach them that it's just stupid to run. They'll get caught eventually, may take years, but someday they will get caught and the charges will be more stiff.
More truth from Anon.

“Unions are still scum ”

Atlanta

#66 Oct 28, 2008
Mare wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know anything! Hmm Plane. He is dead! They are both dead. They died. On impact.
I am Brent's aunt.
I am not justifying his behavior at all! It was wrong. So, if you are wising for death, BOOM it is done. And he took Officer Johnson, a highly decorated and respected officer with him. Officer Jonson was not that far from home when it occured.
His life is gone as well an inocent man. I hope you research you information before proposing he has a life expiriencing moment in an airplane. They died instantly.
My nephew did wrong. He made the wrong choices, and that is to be sure. I guess with what you wrote, he is probably for sure roasting in hell as we speak. You did not know my nephew and the years before it happened. Be sure that my nephew was in hell when everything happened.
Hell, if he has a choice he probably would have gladly jumped out of that airplane sans parachute before having that accdent.
Get your facts togather
If this punk was so troubled, what was his family and you doing to help?

Since: Jan 08

Douglasville, GA

#67 Oct 29, 2008
This "punk" had already served in the military in Iraq...that is a lot more than most of us ever do for society.

Since: Oct 08

Duluth, GA

#68 Oct 29, 2008
x dville x wrote:
This "punk" had already served in the military in Iraq...that is a lot more than most of us ever do for society.
He also was in the system here on many occasions. He's habitual from what I understand.

I support any one that served. But, I don't support people that take others lives in vain.
Tory One

Decatur, GA

#69 Oct 29, 2008
just because he served in the army does not give him a pass to break any law, in my opinion he does not deserve to be buried with military honors.

Since: Jan 08

Douglasville, GA

#70 Oct 29, 2008
My point is labeling him as a punk or habitual law breaker is short sighted. Especially since he was only 21 and had already served in the military, and had been to Iraq. I don't know this person personally, but this is a mixed message. Risk your life to save others, then take a life and your own because of a bad decision...we won't ever know what he was thinking. All I (or we) really know for sure is that he made one bad decision - to get behind the wheel after drinking.

“Unions are still scum ”

Atlanta

#71 Oct 29, 2008
x dville x wrote:
Having served over 20yrs myself, I can assure you there are "punks" in the military. I can just point to the one in the prison scandal in Iraq. Now you all know I do not agree with these high speed chases except for truly violent crime, but this loder is still a punk. Had he just pulled over 2 people would be alive, we would not be having this conversation.

“Unions are still scum ”

Atlanta

#72 Oct 29, 2008
Tory One wrote:
just because he served in the army does not give him a pass to break any law, in my opinion he does not deserve to be buried with military honors.
Good grief. What he does after his military career does not affect the service you did. Maybe they should just put him an unmarked grave as punishment for his crime. I think you and President Obama will be more than happy to restart the Gestapo.
Tory One

Decatur, GA

#73 Oct 29, 2008
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>Good grief. What he does after his military career does not affect the service you did. Maybe they should just put him an unmarked grave as punishment for his crime. I think you and President Obama will be more than happy to restart the Gestapo.
so you where do you draw the line? do you agree then that a child molester and rapist who is ex military is entitled to a full military honors funeral?

“Up Front”

Since: Jul 08

Marietta, GA

#74 Oct 29, 2008
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>Having served over 20yrs myself, I can assure you there are "punks" in the military. I can just point to the one in the prison scandal in Iraq. Now you all know I do not agree with these high speed chases except for truly violent crime, but this loder is still a punk. Had he just pulled over 2 people would be alive, we would not be having this conversation.
BINGO!
Atticus Finch

Cicero, NY

#75 Oct 29, 2008
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
That fallen officer's family deserves a monetary settlement. He lost his life. He deserves a settlement from the sheriff's office and from the estate of the suspect.
He would deserve it even if he weren't police, but you might be surprised at how many ppl (especially Georgians) disagree with that.

“Unions are still scum ”

Atlanta

#76 Oct 29, 2008
Tory One wrote:
<quoted text>
so you where do you draw the line? do you agree then that a child molester and rapist who is ex military is entitled to a full military honors funeral?
I am not sure Tory. While you would just want to throw some scum like you mentioned above in a landfill, can you take away some heroic deeds they performed while serving? I need to think on that.
Please Pray For Family

AOL

#77 Oct 29, 2008
Sgt DD Johnson wrote:
http://www.ajc.com/living/cont ent/metro/atlanta/stories/2008 /10/25/johnson_atlanta_police. html?cxntlid=inform_artr
Please Pray For The Johnson Family, & The Atlanta Police Department On Thursday. This Is Going To Be So Hard. He Honestly Was A Great Police Officer, Husband, Father and Person. He Will Be Missed.

daw

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#78 Oct 29, 2008
Please Pray For Family wrote:
<quoted text>
Please Pray For The Johnson Family, & The Atlanta Police Department On Thursday. This Is Going To Be So Hard. He Honestly Was A Great Police Officer, Husband, Father and Person. He Will Be Missed.
I feel for your Family,been in your position.I live in fear that this could happen to my offspring.Both will be attending.Now another one has been killed today in a auto accident.

“Unions are still scum ”

Atlanta

#79 Oct 29, 2008
daw wrote:
<quoted text> I feel for your Family,been in your position.I live in fear that this could happen to my offspring.Both will be attending.Now another one has been killed today in a auto accident.
Who was the other one?
Tory One

Decatur, GA

#80 Oct 30, 2008
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>I am not sure Tory. While you would just want to throw some scum like you mentioned above in a landfill, can you take away some heroic deeds they performed while serving? I need to think on that.
any thoughts yet, I mean that is a good few hours now to decide whether an ex soldier, who since serving or before serving was found to have been a child sex offender should be buried with full military honors?

I am surprised it has taken you so long to come to any decision.:-) but then maybe I am not ........
Michele

Statham, GA

#81 Oct 30, 2008
you are so quick to judge one when you should have stayed in school and learned to spell...
Yep

Stockbridge, GA

#82 Oct 30, 2008
MS04, a Paulding County deputy was killed in a traffic accident. He was off duty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white people HATE Barack Obama??? (Jun '10) 19 min My Side Or Die 1,049
'12 Rules of Gay Anal Sex' written by a NIGERIAN? 1 hr Raymond 11
News Hunger Games (Mar '12) 14 hr Abercrombiebuzz 11
Amazon.com, Inc. is a "scam-artist" company 15 hr Raymond 4
News Radio: Tossed Out Treasures by The Sandy Spring... 16 hr lucycrosswell 1
Organized Gang Stalking What You Need To Know (Sep '10) 18 hr David Yeager 249
Is this joke for a law enforcement officer... (Mar '13) Thu Go Blue Forever 13

Freeze Watch for Fulton County was issued at March 27 at 12:01PM EDT

Atlanta Dating
Find my Match