Ka Boom

Blairsville, GA

#3905 Feb 24, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
I was initially opposed to the sequestration simply because it was one more example of the Republican leadership caving when they actually had a position of strength. Having mandatory defense cuts looked like a win/win for the Democrats. However, after all the hysterics of the past week with Obama parading out his "usual suspects" in terms of who would be hurt and his ridiculous laundry list of programs and people facing dire circumstances if the sequestration went through, I decided to do a little research.(Should have done it in the first place.) What a joke! Once again, everyone is playing the Washington game of "if you don't increase spending as much as you said you would, it's a cut." Only in Washington could you say "we spent $100 billion last year, we were going to spend $110 billion this year, but now we are only going to spend $108 billion. Oh, woe is us, our budget has been cut by $2 billion." Excuse me, you are still spending $8 billion more than last year - nowhere in the land of logic is that a cut. Example, Leon Panetta claims that that DoD will face a 20% cut over ten years if sequestration goes through. LIE. With sequestration, defense increases 18% instead of 20% over those ten years- oh, the sky is falling. And the same is true of the all the other areas supposedly impacted by the sequestration. They are facing no cuts at all, only decreases in the rate of increase.
Our only hope:
1. Term limits.
2. End Baseline budgeting
3. Balanced budget amendment
Please can we get a little sanity in Washington.
Maybe the government will let me run my personal finances this way? Think they'll let us do that?
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

#3906 Feb 24, 2013
Ka Boom wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the government will let me run my personal finances this way? Think they'll let us do that?
great point! and one that i have been trying to make(with mixed results)but we must remember to have "charity for all".
OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3907 Feb 24, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>...but after some further thought,it is hard for me to see how hunger can be linked to every worldwide problem.here in the U.S.,for example,i think a strong arguement could be made that the exact oppisite is true.obesity seems to be much more of a problem,especially among our younger folks.
Yeah and we're spitting these babies out faster than the old folks are dying. To parents that are babies themselves and have no business having one child and surely not four or five. I think people should have to be licensed to have a child. That they go through some kind of parenting class or something other than home ec. I think that if a young girl gets pregnant without a license. That the parent of the male should be held accountable. That would slow down all these punks from going around creating babies that they never plan on taking care of. These fat a$$ kids are going to eat us out of house and home. Why are these preppers prepping? I think it's they're scared of starving or being killed and eaten. Right?
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

#3908 Feb 24, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah and we're spitting these babies out faster than the old folks are dying. To parents that are babies themselves and have no business having one child and surely not four or five. I think people should have to be licensed to have a child. That they go through some kind of parenting class or something other than home ec. I think that if a young girl gets pregnant without a license. That the parent of the male should be held accountable. That would slow down all these punks from going around creating babies that they never plan on taking care of. These fat a$$ kids are going to eat us out of house and home. Why are these preppers prepping? I think it's they're scared of starving or being killed and eaten. Right?
Facts as to birth rates in the U.S.:

Pew Research Center: The US birth rate – the number of births per 1,000 women – fell last year to a record low, led by a significant decrease in the number of children born to immigrant women.

Quote.
Based on preliminary data, Pew says, the country’s birth rate in 2011 was 63.2 per 1,000 women – about half the rate of the Baby Boom years, when, in 1957, say, there were 122.7 babies per 1,000 women. That’s the lowest since at least 1920, when the government began keeping reliable birth rate statistics.
End of Quote.

Illegal aliens increase the labor pool of unskilled and semi-skilled workers, increasing profits for employers, by decreasing wages, and assisting in the destruction of the Middle Class;

meanwhile

illegal aliens pay Social Security taxes,(without any right to collect), subsidizing payments by the shrinking payor pool caused by the lower birth rates.

Life is complicated.

Oh wait ... I forgot... Those facts are "Cut and Pasted", which makes them "pretend".
Bored

United States

#3909 Feb 24, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts as to birth rates in the U.S.:
Pew Research Center: The US birth rate – the number of births per 1,000 women – fell last year to a record low, led by a significant decrease in the number of children born to immigrant women.
Quote.
Based on preliminary data, Pew says, the country’s birth rate in 2011 was 63.2 per 1,000 women – about half the rate of the Baby Boom years, when, in 1957, say, there were 122.7 babies per 1,000 women. That’s the lowest since at least 1920, when the government began keeping reliable birth rate statistics.
End of Quote.
Illegal aliens increase the labor pool of unskilled and semi-skilled workers, increasing profits for employers, by decreasing wages, and assisting in the destruction of the Middle Class;
meanwhile
illegal aliens pay Social Security taxes,(without any right to collect), subsidizing payments by the shrinking payor pool caused by the lower birth rates.
Life is complicated.
Oh wait ... I forgot... Those facts are "Cut and Pasted", which makes them "pretend".
Boring
soros

Marietta, GA

#3910 Feb 24, 2013
Have no worries, the DREAM ACT will push through, it's just a matter of time. Amnesty granted to appromiately 11 million illegals, up to the age of 35. Yeah, there are rules, stipulations and other requirements which must be met, but who's going to be tracking them? Nobody.

So it doesn't matter if US births rate are down. We're moving hispanics in and they'll be sure to birth some babies. US born = US citizens.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

#3911 Feb 24, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
Boring
i am really kinda concerned about your emotional state.normally i don't like comments about someones' personal life, but i just can't help but wonder what it would take to get you excited- if you know what i mean.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

#3912 Feb 24, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah and we're spitting these babies out faster than the old folks are dying. To parents that are babies themselves and have no business having one child and surely not four or five. I think people should have to be licensed to have a child. That they go through some kind of parenting class or something other than home ec. I think that if a young girl gets pregnant without a license. That the parent of the male should be held accountable. That would slow down all these punks from going around creating babies that they never plan on taking care of. These fat a$$ kids are going to eat us out of house and home. Why are these preppers prepping? I think it's they're scared of starving or being killed and eaten. Right?
yep,i agree but i think that we would have to build quite a few more prisons.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

#3913 Feb 24, 2013
OMTE wrote:
but,it should also be noted that the parents of the girl should be held respondsible,too.believe it or not,some of them actually encourage this behavior if they think it will improve there station in society or if they think it may be a financial benefit.
soros

Covington, GA

#3914 Feb 24, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>i am really kinda concerned about your emotional state.normally i don't like comments about someones' personal life, but i just can't help but wonder what it would take to get you excited- if you know what i mean.
ur wife excites us.
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

#3915 Feb 24, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>Boring
Thanks for reading !
soros

Covington, GA

#3916 Feb 24, 2013
An imposter using my name. So bold and and lacks creativity. Poor you, fake soros. No brains to come up with your own name. It must suck to be you.
soros

Covington, GA

#3917 Feb 24, 2013
soros wrote:
<quoted text>
ur wife excites us.
Not from me, spewed from the imposter without a brain and not enough creativity in his little finger to think of a unique name, so he must steal one. What a shame. It must suck to be you.
soros

Covington, GA

#3918 Feb 24, 2013
Jeb, Synergy, Informed Opinion, Aggie, D-vill know I'm an older woman who would never spew such. Poor you. Again, it must suck to be you.
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

#3919 Feb 24, 2013
soros wrote:
<quoted text>ur wife excites us.
You really do only embarrass yourself with kind of sophomoric post.
Cisco

Douglasville, GA

#3920 Feb 24, 2013
All you boring wantabe intellectuals are boring the hell out of me and everyone that reads the Douglasville Topix.
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

#3922 Feb 24, 2013
soros wrote:
Jeb, Synergy, Informed Opinion, Aggie, D-vill know I'm an older woman who would never spew such. Poor you. Again, it must suck to be you.
Can you imagine how desperately bored, lonely, and sad someone must be to lower himself or herself to pretend to be someone else and post under another name on TOPIX ?

I believe the pretender needs our prayers. Perhaps, God, Allah, Vishnu, or whatever name you call the Supreme Being can help this poor person.
soros

Covington, GA

#3923 Feb 24, 2013
On his own. ^
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

#3924 Feb 24, 2013
soros wrote:
<quoted text>
ur wife excites us.
she excites me,too.but i was wondering what it would take to excite "bored".maybe a 63 yr.old man with a bad heart? but then,i have seen your wife and understand why mine would excite you.
soros

Covington, GA

#3925 Feb 24, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you imagine how desperately bored, lonely, and sad someone must be to lower himself or herself to pretend to be someone else and post under another name on TOPIX ?
I believe the pretender needs our prayers. Perhaps, God, Allah, Vishnu, or whatever name you call the Supreme Being can help this poor person.
The thought to use another poster's name has never crossed my mind. But I have a happy life and far from bored. Guess it shows there are a few weirdos amongst us. And that''s putting it mildly. He's definitley bored and lonely alright.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama Best President 5 hr Hugo 15
Remember Broadview Plaza? 14 hr Charles 2
Time Out - Local children's tv show, early 1980s? 17 hr Will Dockery 5
Electronic Gang Stalking / Tortue Walton Couty ... (Nov '13) 19 hr rwh 4
Ginger Wellham Wife Of ConMan Terry Wellham Mov... Sun wow 5
Ladies please read this with understanding Sun Koolboislim 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sun Bently 19,559

Atlanta News Video

Atlanta Dating
Find my Match