Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Sep 13

Columbus, GA

#31950 Nov 20, 2013
I find it insanely hilarious that the approval rating for the President is now at 37 percent (according to CBS, but the numbers are being thrown out differently on all networks as usual), and the very people that supported him for re-election are now dropping like flies. Just goes to show that that cloud never has a silver lining once the campaign is over, and the actual will of elected officials is exacted upon you. Also, according to Gallup, even Obama doesn't have the worst approval rating ever, so Syn, wherever you got your info from, better have them check it before they wreck it.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116500/presidentia...
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#31951 Nov 20, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, simply noting that your weak attempt to cover your tail with a smilie when you messed up such an easily checked fact failed.
I see.

So apparently the prune-juice shortage theory was correct.
silver foxx

Valdosta, GA

#31952 Nov 20, 2013
Only 31% approve of Obamacare. He's still sinking in the polls, he may win the title of lowest aoproval rating ever. Three years to go, ya know plenty of time to utterly, totally, completely fail. He's almost there.

http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml...

Columbus, GA

#31953 Nov 20, 2013
silver foxx wrote:
Only 31% approve of Obamacare. He's still sinking in the polls, he may win the title of lowest aoproval rating ever. Three years to go, ya know plenty of time to utterly, totally, completely fail. He's almost there.
http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml...
Assuming he isn't impeached first. At least Toronto's "crack smoking Mayor" can formulate an intelligent response to a question, without beating all around it, making excuses and blaming everyone else for his own actions. To put it in terms that those who vote will understand, and I don't know if this has ever been quoted as being said by anyone else, but you can't blame an elephant for having a trunk, but you can blame a donkey for being an ass.

Obama seems to want to do the latter, and play the "I didn't know" game.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#31954 Nov 20, 2013
You have to read this to find out what's in it.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/11/20/new-obamac...
silver foxx

Valdosta, GA

#31955 Nov 20, 2013
ster402005 wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming he isn't impeached first. At least Toronto's "crack smoking Mayor" can formulate an intelligent response to a question, without beating all around it, making excuses and blaming everyone else for his own actions. To put it in terms that those who vote will understand, and I don't know if this has ever been quoted as being said by anyone else, but you can't blame an elephant for having a trunk, but you can blame a donkey for being an ass.
Obama seems to want to do the latter, and play the "I didn't know" game.
I'd totally support impeachment! Rotfl
OMTE

Kathleen, GA

#31956 Nov 20, 2013
I would like to thank the Supreme Court Justices, for upholding the law in Texas... It will no doubt save thousands of babies lives... Due to the fact that 1/3 of these baby murdering mills will be closed, because of the new law.
It is a step in the right direction, to ending abortion on demand, for good. Way to go Supreme Court!:)
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/11/19/us/texas-ab...
End Abortion On Demand Today!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Columbus, GA

#31957 Nov 20, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
You have to read this to find out what's in it.
http://www.redstate.com/2013/11/20/new-obamac...
Notwithstanding the same runaround just about every politician gives us (and that is worldwide. I single out no one particular country), the man reminds me of a kid trying to exhaust every excuse in the world to get out of a grounding by their parents. First it's sorta his fault, then it's others fault, then it's maybe it's both of our fault, and then to I had no idea what I was doing, and will accept what I did wrong accordingly (while still blaming everyone else). Now, we will involve other political stories to draw attention off of me for a second, while I sit here bamboozled as to what to do next, with the disaster I have created.

Sadder still, now, the very people involved with constructing a 678 million dollar website, are saying it is hackable, so watch your backs because anyone can easily steal your identity through this wonderful catastrophe that I rushed into, could possibly bring you to financial ruin, thus upping unemployment in droves, and requiring the money spent into it, be used to build hundreds of homeless shelters.

I think I am glad I didn't even attempt to sign up for it, and I sit wondering if they had just gone to godaddy to create the website for the meager charge they require a month, if it would be more secure. Maybe they should've consulted with the founder of Lifelock after he as well got hacked. At least he didn't lie about it.

Columbus, GA

#31958 Nov 20, 2013
I guess I could sum my rants in a few words, but I am vocal when I see obvious wrongs being done to people. I need not alphanumerically list my thoughts. I just sit back in my own shadow watching how terrible the elected officials perform. It's more or less ants at a nonexistent picnic. The blanket is there, the basket is there, but there isn't a crumb to be found. A failed venture by the lead ant, as the workers turn around in disgust to go back to their mound, only to find it destroyed by someone's lawnmower while they were gone. It is a travesty of Human justice to let these fools run over us, leading us into the dark, while they run for shelter and lay it off on us to be our fault.

I wonder how long it will be before our beloved "authority figures" are telling us what to eat (oh wait, that's on the march as well), what toilet paper to use, and what we can, and cannot drink, lest we get caught, and fined, imprisoned, or both.

Barring Reagan, we have had a complete farce of leadership since Kennedy was killed. I wasn't alive then, but my Mom still has an audio recording of me bawling as a baby during the Nixon resignation speech. I quit crying as soon as he was done. Speaks volumes for me, for as a baby I still didn't buy into their BS, and never will. I'm not saying we need someone angelic, or perfect, but we need a real leader, and not some cheap plastic imitation of a former lawyer running the show for us. If we never find that one person, I guess we can sit here red-faced, while those elected embarrass what is supposed to be the greatest country on Earth. I don't know about anyone else, but I take great pride in the country I was born into this time, and it makes me sick to see people being lied to on a daily basis, when they have put their hearts and souls, as well as trust and faith into someone they believed would help them.
the truth

Dawsonville, GA

#31959 Nov 20, 2013
silver foxx wrote:
<quoted text>..
They do put a twist on reality, IO talks Disneyland as I talk about about the possibility of ALL Americans witnessing darker, scarier times. Go figure.
The end is near, whacko land will soon be devoured by common sense.
my way

Cordele, GA

#31960 Nov 20, 2013
republican
the truth

Dawsonville, GA

#31961 Nov 20, 2013
OMTE wrote:
I would like to thank the Supreme Court Justices, for upholding the law in Texas... It will no doubt save thousands of babies lives... Due to the fact that 1/3 of these baby murdering mills will be closed, because of the new law.
It is a step in the right direction, to ending abortion on demand, for good. Way to go Supreme Court!:)
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/11/19/us/texas-ab...
End Abortion On Demand Today!
Just curious, why do you ignore the babies that are born with nothing. Who are lucky to have enough to eat and get any proper medical care. Somewhere between 3300-3600 abortions every single day worldwide, that's upsetting and has become the focus of conservatives. Some 21,000 children die every day around the world due to lack of proper nutrition and proper health care. That is equivalent to: 1 child dying every 4 seconds; 14 children dying every minute. Don't ever hear anything about those children, do your or your bible not care about those children??
Laughing at U

Blairsville, GA

#31962 Nov 20, 2013
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, why do you ignore the babies that are born with nothing. Who are lucky to have enough to eat and get any proper medical care. Somewhere between 3300-3600 abortions every single day worldwide, that's upsetting and has become the focus of conservatives. Some 21,000 children die every day around the world due to lack of proper nutrition and proper health care. That is equivalent to: 1 child dying every 4 seconds; 14 children dying every minute. Don't ever hear anything about those children, do your or your bible not care about those children??
See, that's why RWWs start all these unnecessary wars... it's their way of thinning the population down...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#31963 Nov 20, 2013
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are not hearing about those children, then you must not be paying attention. Or maybe you should get involved in a church. Here are just a few of the organizations you would have heard about at my church:
Compassion International - "adopt" a child for $38/month to help with food, clothing, school supplies, vaccinations, etc. Has a 4 star rating from Charity Navigator http://www.compassion.com/sponsor_a_child/def...

Send money to Africa to buy mosquito netting to try and cut down on malaria deaths.(Of course, DDT would have taken care of much of the problem, but hey what are millions of preventable deaths a year when we have to pretend that we have saved the birds through the banning of DDT.)
http://www.nothingbutnets.net

Operation Christmas Child - lifesaving, maybe not, but soul saving maybe. As well as simply a way to deliver a little joy to a child. Collection week is this week, why not check the website and go to Target and spend about $25-30 to spread a little happiness.
http://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/ope...

And I can virtually guarantee there are crisis pregnancy centers in your town that offer help to women by helping them find assistance programs during their pregnancy and after the baby is born as well as offer help in adoption if that is the woman's choice.

So quit with the false argument of "conservatives only care about the baby until it is born." It is old, it is tired, it is false and it is factually and intellectually bankrupt. Try something new.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#31965 Nov 20, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Send money to Africa to buy mosquito netting to try and cut down on malaria deaths.(Of course, DDT would have taken care of much of the problem, but hey what are millions of preventable deaths a year when we have to pretend that we have saved the birds through the banning of DDT.)
Now what has your friend Bill been chastising folks for lately....

Oh yeah, something about speaking only on those things that you have knowledge of, otherwise you come across as an ideologue.

http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/factsheets/chem...
...DDT's quick success as a pesticide and broad use in the United States and other countries led to the development of resistance by many insect pest species.

...began regulatory actions in the late 1950s and 1960s to prohibit many of DDT's uses because of mounting evidence of the pesticide's declining benefits and environmental and toxicological effects.

...In 1972, EPA issued a cancellation order for DDT based on adverse environmental effects of its use, such as those to wildlife, as well as DDT’s potential human health risks. Since then, studies have continued, and a causal relationship between DDT exposure and reproductive effects is suspected. Today, DDT is classified as a probable human carcinogen by U.S. and international authorities. This classification is based on animal studies in which some animals developed liver tumors.

DDT is known to be very persistent in the environment, will accumulate in fatty tissues, and can travel long distances in the upper atmosphere. Since the use of DDT was discontinued in the United States, its concentration in the environment and animals has decreased, but because of its persistence, residues of concern from historical use still remain.

...The Convention includes a limited exemption for the use of DDT to control mosquitoes which are vectors that carry malaria - a disease that still kills millions of people worldwide.

In September 2006, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared its support for the indoor use of DDT in African countries where malaria remains a major health problem, citing that benefits of the pesticide outweigh the health and environmental risks. This is consistent with the Stockholm Convention on POPs, which bans DDT for all uses except for malaria control.
Milton Eagles laugh at U

Alpharetta, GA

#31966 Nov 20, 2013
Laughing at U wrote:
<quoted text>
See, that's why RWWs start all these unnecessary wars... it's their way of thinning the population down...
Are you that stupid naturally or do you have to work at it?
now

Carnesville, GA

#31967 Nov 20, 2013
Milton Eagles laugh at U wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you that stupid naturally or do you have to work at it?

He struggles with it constantly, his goal is the stupid level. Two levels above his level of imbiclity.
silver foxx

Cairo, GA

#31969 Nov 20, 2013
LaU, I think Oprah recently gave remarks on "demographic pruning." Sems as Oprah, along with her racebaiting friends, Obama, Sharpton,.Wright, Jamie Foxx would love to see some population thinning. How black.is that??

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4280460
silver foxx

Cairo, GA

#31970 Nov 20, 2013
Seems^
the truth

Dawsonville, GA

#31971 Nov 20, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are not hearing about those children, then you must not be paying attention. Or maybe you should get involved in a church. Here are just a few of the organizations you would have heard about at my church:
Compassion International - "adopt" a child for $38/month to help with food, clothing, school supplies, vaccinations, etc. Has a 4 star rating from Charity Navigator http://www.compassion.com/sponsor_a_child/def...
http://www.nothingbutnets.net
Operation Christmas Child - lifesaving, maybe not, but soul saving maybe. As well as simply a way to deliver a little joy to a child. Collection week is this week, why not check the website and go to Target and spend about $25-30 to spread a little happiness.
http://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/ope...
And I can virtually guarantee there are crisis pregnancy centers in your town that offer help to women by helping them find assistance programs during their pregnancy and after the baby is born as well as offer help in adoption if that is the woman's choice.
So quit with the false argument of "conservatives only care about the baby until it is born." It is old, it is tired, it is false and it is factually and intellectually bankrupt. Try something new.
Assuming what you say is true, why do the numbers continue to climb as conservatives only lobby to do away with abortions?? If you were to do one tenth as much for living babies around the world it would make a lot of difference. If you would put the facts out about living babies on billboards up and down the interstate it would make a huge difference, but you don't and the numbers support that fact.

I have been in church when the plate is passed to help children in real need, they don't get very much. Why, they are not normally white or American citizens, God bless America.

I also find it a little funny that a Tea Party conservative Republican from Florida plead guilty to purchasing and admits using cocaine. He was a former conservative talk show host, wonder if he is related to Rush. Now he wants to continue to "serve" the tea party, and you think Obama lies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Disturbed 20,924
Dance on Indian graves at new Holiday Inn Expre... 10 hr ThomasA 2
I just moved to Atlanta and took a cruise throu... (Jun '12) 12 hr midnay 35
Ossoff #1. Republicans will Destroy Healthcare ... 17 hr need ObamaCare 1
News Emory Professor Carol Anderson on "White Rage: ... 19 hr Mafungo 18
Black Power 23 hr AltReich 1
How to Seduce any Woman With Massage Sat Rhonda Burnough 3

Atlanta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atlanta Mortgages