Man Killed at Midtown Nightclub

Man Killed at Midtown Nightclub

There are 23 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Sep 9, 2007, titled Man Killed at Midtown Nightclub. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

Atlanta police are investigating a deadly early morning shooting. Investigators said Randy Griffin was shot in the parking lot of Club 112 at 1055 Peachtree Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
laporsha johns

Saint Petersburg, FL

#2 Dec 22, 2007
WE LUV U N MISS U SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH N HOPE DAT WE C U N HEAVEN SOME DAY {{WHY DEY HAD 2 TAKE U AWAY}} 4ROM LAPORSHA HIS KIDS CUZIN.
Loretta

Roswell, GA

#3 Dec 22, 2007
Dat right, another shootin' at dat club!!!
RICKY

Osprey, FL

#4 Dec 24, 2007
THE FAM MISS YOU.YOUR BIRTHDAY WAS BANGING.WE MISS YOU AND WE LOVE YOU.
Long Time Gone

Boiling Springs, SC

#5 Dec 24, 2007
How old was Randy Griffin? I might have gone to school with him.

Since: Oct 07

Atlanta, GA

#7 Dec 24, 2007
Long Time Gone wrote:
How old was Randy Griffin? I might have gone to school with him.


The 26-year-old victim apparently tried to run away from the shooter and collapsed on the sidewalk behind the nightclub. Griffin died from several gunshot wounds to the chest.
Question

Union City, GA

#8 Dec 27, 2007
How you know Randy in heaven, cause he got killed? All people who get killed are not in heaven, but if it makes you feel better to know that he's not burning in hell somewhere, go ahead.
Just because we think , "He was a good person" doesn't mean he was saved. Wake up blak people, give your lives to God.
MY BLACK PEOPLE

Severn, MD

#9 Jan 21, 2008
Associated Press - November 3, 2007 12:34 AM ET

ATLANTA (AP)- A grand jury has indicted nine people in a series of murders and robberies across the Atlanta area over two years -- cases that authorities linked to gang activity.

The Fulton County District Attorney's Office says 8 of the defendants are members of a New Orleans-based street gang that called itself tbe "International Robbing Crew.". The grand jury returned a 39-count indictment including seven counts of murder.

Among the alleged murders is the April 2006 killing of an Iraq war veteran who was found shot to death in his SUV in downtown Atlanta. The indictment alleges that he was killed by 2 of the defendants -- Daquan Stevens and Marciell Easterling -- who may have been conducting a "target practice."

Those indicted ranged in age from 21 to 28 years old.

Authorities say 24-year-old Ryan Harmon of Lithonia had returned from a tour of duty in Iraq 13 months earlier. At least ten bullet holes punctured the rear of his SUV. Authorities believe he was shot somewhere else and managed to drive to the intersection where he crashed. Harmon worked primarily at Fort Gillem as a private security contractor after getting out of the Army Reserve in September 2005.

The indictment also charges that 5 of the defendants conspired to kill Randy Renar Griffin -- who was a witness in a Fulton County Superior Court case -- on June tenth, 2007, outside the Club 112 on Peachtree and 12th Streets.

Named in the indictment are Stevens, Easterling, Maurice Hargrove, Edward Morris, Ashton Walter Mitchell, Jeremy Dunn, Vincent Morris, Carlos Drenon and Tiffany Bakston.

Among the charges are multiple county of murder, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, illegal possession of firearms and participation in criminal street gang activity.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

HOW IN THE WORLD CAN THIS BE GOING ON IN THE 2000'S. WAKE UP MY BLACK PEOPLE... THEY HAVE US KILLING EACH OVER... OVER NOTHING!!!!
Tina

Tomball, TX

#10 Jan 21, 2008
Very sad and terrible. Human target practice? Gunning down witnesses? It's stomach turning all the violence and the pain that comes with it.
robin

Plant City, FL

#11 Mar 6, 2008
im randy sister muffin we miss him every single day life has not been the same his memory lives on and on i love you randy
robin

Plant City, FL

#12 Mar 6, 2008
RICKY wrote:
THE FAM MISS YOU.YOUR BIRTHDAY WAS BANGING.WE MISS YOU AND WE LOVE YOU.
thank you his sister muffin
robin

Saint Petersburg, FL

#16 Apr 15, 2008
Question wrote:
How you know Randy in heaven, cause he got killed? All people who get killed are not in heaven, but if it makes you feel better to know that he's not burning in hell somewhere, go ahead.
Just because we think , "He was a good person" doesn't mean he was saved. Wake up blak people, give your lives to God.
we know because the type of person he was and when you meet a person with heart as big as his which you probably wont you just know heaven is where he's at and to believe in god your already saved and he knew god and you as a black person should know that and you don't know he's last moments he had with god so you wake up
Latashia

Green Cove Springs, FL

#18 Apr 24, 2008
How do you know Randy did not give his life to god? YOU DON'T KNOW!!!!! I am so sick of people giving there two cents when it amounts to complete bullshit. Why on earth are you commenting about Randy's after life in Heaven or about what makes someone else feel better. You insensative asshole! When a loved one is lost however that person chooses to deal with it does not warrant a strangers dumb ass input. Have some human decency better yet find something else to do besides adding to people's mourning. Who said anything about all murder victims all go to HEAVEN? Its quite an ignorant assumption, it doesn't even make sense. RANDY was a good person and just an FYI he was also a saved person just like everyother PERSON walking around living in complete sin every day all day including your ass. You know how I know because we are all Human and no one is PERFECT. So I say, wake up black people and lets not be so quick to speak before we inform ourselves on the matter at hand.

Question wrote:
How you know Randy in heaven, cause he got killed? All people who get killed are not in heaven, but if it makes you feel better to know that he's not burning in hell somewhere, go ahead.
Just because we think , "He was a good person" doesn't mean he was saved. Wake up blak people, give your lives to God.
robin

Saint Petersburg, FL

#20 Oct 1, 2008
all that matters is that he knew god and if he asked for forgiviness HE DID MAKE IT IN SO WAKE UP IF YOU KNOW THE LORD THEN YOU KNOW THE WAY TO EVERLASTING LIFE
Question wrote:
How you know Randy in heaven, cause he got killed? All people who get killed are not in heaven, but if it makes you feel better to know that he's not burning in hell somewhere, go ahead.
Just because we think , "He was a good person" doesn't mean he was saved. Wake up blak people, give your lives to God.
Tory One

United States

#21 Oct 1, 2008
black on black crime .......... = good news
Tory One

United States

#22 Oct 1, 2008
as is white on white crime :-)
Dumb

Decatur, GA

#24 Oct 10, 2008
LOL. Oh my goodness. You people are senseless. " If you know the Lord?" How silly does that sound? To know him is to love him, and he said " If you love me, you will keep my commandments." ummmm, keeping commandments is clubbing, drinking, smoking, all of that which he did correct? Listen, I'm not trying to be insensitive, however, you must be sensible about things. Yes he may have repented before fatally taking his last breath, as you so eliquently stated, WE don't know that. However sweetie, you don't either. You weren't with him, or were you? So, until you or the DA find the monkeys who did this, I suggest you put your energy into that, and not this blog.

“Stars are exploding the lights”

Since: May 08

New York Tendaberry

#25 Oct 10, 2008
MY BLACK PEOPLE wrote:
Associated Press - November 3, 2007 12:34 AM ET
ATLANTA (AP)- A grand jury has indicted nine people in a series of murders and robberies across the Atlanta area over two years -- cases that authorities linked to gang activity.
The Fulton County District Attorney's Office says 8 of the defendants are members of a New Orleans-based street gang that called itself tbe "International Robbing Crew.". The grand jury returned a 39-count indictment including seven counts of murder.
Among the alleged murders is the April 2006 killing of an Iraq war veteran who was found shot to death in his SUV in downtown Atlanta. The indictment alleges that he was killed by 2 of the defendants -- Daquan Stevens and Marciell Easterling -- who may have been conducting a "target practice."
Those indicted ranged in age from 21 to 28 years old.
Authorities say 24-year-old Ryan Harmon of Lithonia had returned from a tour of duty in Iraq 13 months earlier. At least ten bullet holes punctured the rear of his SUV. Authorities believe he was shot somewhere else and managed to drive to the intersection where he crashed. Harmon worked primarily at Fort Gillem as a private security contractor after getting out of the Army Reserve in September 2005.
The indictment also charges that 5 of the defendants conspired to kill Randy Renar Griffin -- who was a witness in a Fulton County Superior Court case -- on June tenth, 2007, outside the Club 112 on Peachtree and 12th Streets.
Named in the indictment are Stevens, Easterling, Maurice Hargrove, Edward Morris, Ashton Walter Mitchell, Jeremy Dunn, Vincent Morris, Carlos Drenon and Tiffany Bakston.
Among the charges are multiple county of murder, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, illegal possession of firearms and participation in criminal street gang activity.
Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
HOW IN THE WORLD CAN THIS BE GOING ON IN THE 2000'S. WAKE UP MY BLACK PEOPLE... THEY HAVE US KILLING EACH OVER... OVER NOTHING!!!!
"They have us killing each other of nothing?"lol
Are you serious? I don't think anyone held a gun to those murderers heads and told them to pull the trigger on innocent Ryan Harmon.
Maybe those people need to be held at gun point and shot! Maybe than they'll understand the pain they put Harmon's family through!
The realest

Spring Hill, FL

#26 Oct 31, 2008
Let me make this clear you took the time out to come to this site right? u took the time out literally post a blog right? so instead of you telling other people what they need to focus on maybe you should be focusing more on yourself, randys not here any more, and those of u that knew him knows that hes in a better place, if not we dont know that but let us think what we think, is that too much to ask of you? and as far as the clubbing drinking partying, honey apparently you dont kno him because if you did you would know he doesnt drink for one, and tell me one verse in the bible that says its a sin to go out to clubs, thank u u cant, randy had a heart of GOLD, and thats the realest thing i ever wrote, he was like non other, there would never be another man like him, EVER, he was sweet, kind, the most intelligent man i EVER met and probably ever will meet, he listened, he was next to perfect,everyone loved him everyone misses him, and i think about him all the time, riding in my car, at work at home while im eating, i talked to him that night around 1 in the am, after we got off the phone i texted him and told him how much i appreciate him for being a friend and a shoulder to lean on and that i would always love him for that, his last text to me was "you promise?" those words play over and over and over in my head, it hurts so bad, and i cant help but to get emotional over it, and the people that come to this site and say negative things towards him, you people could not have known randy because if you did, your hearts wouldnt let you say one bad thing about him, so many people loved this man, he touched so many lives, he was a very very good friend of mine, and a friend only, but i could talk to him about anything in the world anything, it felt so good to have someone to talk to like that, and hes gone, it hurts, even a year and a half later, i still shed tha same amount of tears i shed when i first heard it, I loved him alot, he meant alot to me, he left this world with the most wonderful beautiful amazing impression on me and alot of others, i pray the lord opened his doors for that beautiful man....may his spirit love on......Randy I promise!!!!
Dumb wrote:
LOL. Oh my goodness. You people are senseless. " If you know the Lord?" How silly does that sound? To know him is to love him, and he said " If you love me, you will keep my commandments." ummmm, keeping commandments is clubbing, drinking, smoking, all of that which he did correct? Listen, I'm not trying to be insensitive, however, you must be sensible about things. Yes he may have repented before fatally taking his last breath, as you so eliquently stated, WE don't know that. However sweetie, you don't either. You weren't with him, or were you? So, until you or the DA find the monkeys who did this, I suggest you put your energy into that, and not this blog.
LaTashia Edmond

United States

#27 Jan 11, 2009
The realest wrote:
Let me make this clear you took the time out to come to this site right? u took the time out literally post a blog right? so instead of you telling other people what they need to focus on maybe you should be focusing more on yourself, randys not here any more, and those of u that knew him knows that hes in a better place, if not we dont know that but let us think what we think, is that too much to ask of you? and as far as the clubbing drinking partying, honey apparently you dont kno him because if you did you would know he doesnt drink for one, and tell me one verse in the bible that says its a sin to go out to clubs, thank u u cant, randy had a heart of GOLD, and thats the realest thing i ever wrote, he was like non other, there would never be another man like him, EVER, he was sweet, kind, the most intelligent man i EVER met and probably ever will meet, he listened, he was next to perfect,everyone loved him everyone misses him, and i think about him all the time, riding in my car, at work at home while im eating, i talked to him that night around 1 in the am, after we got off the phone i texted him and told him how much i appreciate him for being a friend and a shoulder to lean on and that i would always love him for that, his last text to me was "you promise?" those words play over and over and over in my head, it hurts so bad, and i cant help but to get emotional over it, and the people that come to this site and say negative things towards him, you people could not have known randy because if you did, your hearts wouldnt let you say one bad thing about him, so many people loved this man, he touched so many lives, he was a very very good friend of mine, and a friend only, but i could talk to him about anything in the world anything, it felt so good to have someone to talk to like that, and hes gone, it hurts, even a year and a half later, i still shed tha same amount of tears i shed when i first heard it, I loved him alot, he meant alot to me, he left this world with the most wonderful beautiful amazing impression on me and alot of others, i pray the lord opened his doors for that beautiful man....may his spirit love on......Randy I promise!!!!
<quoted text>
Very well said and many hugs to you for your grief and pain, I empathize with you "GREATLY" on the loss of Randy. His death has effected so many people as is life did too. I have learned that when people come to this site and say negative things about Randy, that they really didn't have the pleasure of meeting him or even better the privilege of getting to know him. I am not a bible expert, yet I assume that people sin all the time and because a person clubs, smoke or drink that doesn't indicate they should die. That is why we ask for forgiveness for our sins, and I believe that Randy did. Just in case the three things mentioned do in fact warrant death then I must mention that Randy didn't smoke either. So, facetiously speaking, club goers beware!
skillz

Nyack, NY

#28 Jan 11, 2009
it said randy was a witness, not a gang member. I dont know him or what his vices were but doin the right thing by testifying is what got him killed. He is definetly in heaven. And clubbin is not a crime but it seems goin to a club is a dangerous endeavor especially in hotlanta. All these so called thugs have no education and will be a burden on the rest of american citizens for a long time. Police need to rid the jails of non violent offenders and throw away the key on the violent ones.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trump exposes civil rights con artist Jo... 44 min Global Initiative 2
Papa John's Pizza FOOD POISONING! Not using nat... 50 min Doug Taylor 43
John Lewis is NOT a civil rights hero! He's a U... 53 min Georgia for Trump 3
Would like to move to Georgia with sec 8...? (Apr '12) 3 hr Deeznuts 119
News Atlanta mayor to Trump: 'John Lewis an American... 3 hr bottlecap 65
Stop Jeff Sessions, This Hick Has to Go Back Ho... 9 hr General Robert E Lee 49
I have never seen John Lewis' birth certificate! 22 hr Trump is Winning 1

Atlanta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atlanta Mortgages