Teachers are receiving pink sliips. A...

Teachers are receiving pink sliips. Are the school administrators?

Posted in the Atascadero Forum

Since: Mar 09

Buffalo, NY

#1 Mar 20, 2009
Maybe you can help me. I have been watching the news and reading the papers about teachers getting pink slips and yet I have not seen any mention of any administrative positions getting pink slipped. Why is this? What are the administrative job descriptions and pay? If the administrators are not getting pink slipped what makes them so valuable to our students?
dlcb

Ketchikan, AK

#2 Apr 1, 2009
Getting a new admin. position approved and staffed is easy, getting rid of one practically impossible. It is always easier to cut lower level staff, ie aides and teachers. The justification seems to be that the admin is irreplaceable, whereas another teacher can always be hired. Sure is frustrating for those of us in the trenches to be pink slipped and watch the "educational leaders" be overlooked when pay cuts and job losses occur.
country girl

Sunnyvale, CA

#3 May 3, 2009
Especially when they make considerably more than the teachers. The spending waste, if any, is somewhere above the classroom!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atascadero Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Invade Ireland" Cry from more Pres Hopefuls 21 hr Religious Newzwire 1
UFO Hvovers over Santa Maria Slow moving So to ... (Jan '10) May 19 deanne 48
News Michael Jackson's ex-wife is engaged (Apr '14) May 14 Little Cabin on t... 2
SLO Police Chiefs fired May 12 Adonell 1
Review: Thousand Hills Pet Resort (Sep '09) May 12 Gwen weedon 15
SLO POLICE Department Dysfunctional Corrupt May 12 Willard 2
News Did illegal ticket quotas hasten Gesell's exit? May 12 Claire 1
More from around the web

Atascadero People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]