Teachers are receiving pink sliips. A...

Teachers are receiving pink sliips. Are the school administrators?

Posted in the Atascadero Forum

Since: Mar 09

Des Plaines, IL

#1 Mar 20, 2009
Maybe you can help me. I have been watching the news and reading the papers about teachers getting pink slips and yet I have not seen any mention of any administrative positions getting pink slipped. Why is this? What are the administrative job descriptions and pay? If the administrators are not getting pink slipped what makes them so valuable to our students?

Ketchikan, AK

#2 Apr 1, 2009
Getting a new admin. position approved and staffed is easy, getting rid of one practically impossible. It is always easier to cut lower level staff, ie aides and teachers. The justification seems to be that the admin is irreplaceable, whereas another teacher can always be hired. Sure is frustrating for those of us in the trenches to be pink slipped and watch the "educational leaders" be overlooked when pay cuts and job losses occur.
country girl

Sunnyvale, CA

#3 May 3, 2009
Especially when they make considerably more than the teachers. The spending waste, if any, is somewhere above the classroom!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atascadero Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DON'T Live or Move to San Luis Obispo - Unless ... (Apr '08) 1 hr Robin 92
C.I.A. Custom Integrated Audio Video Thu Concerned citizen 1
News Woman's suit claims Michael Jackson sexually ab... Thu Disgusting Jacko 1
News SM gang activity spreading to Nipomo (Mar '07) Oct 21 tellinitlikeitis 70
News Teen found guilty of mom's murder (Jan '07) Oct 16 sum1MexiCan 12
News California Central Coast News Kcoy CBS Channel ... (Jan '09) Oct 12 tellinitlikeitis 7
Jesse Miller is a pedophile and thief and livin... (Jul '13) Oct 8 MemeGod121 13

Atascadero Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atascadero Mortgages