Cops and Courts: Feb. 19, 2010

Cops and Courts: Feb. 19, 2010

There are 15 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Feb 19, 2010, titled Cops and Courts: Feb. 19, 2010. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

A 53-year-old Watsonville man was arrested in San Luis Obispo after he led three California Highway patrol cars in a high-speed chase through that county Wednesday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

Bill From Watsonville

Berkeley, CA

#1 Feb 19, 2010
So what the heck was chuck running from or who? but i am glad they took this guy out.This guy does not need to be back behind the wheel of anything,Good job CHP!!
The Big HaHa

United States

#2 Feb 19, 2010
Sentinel: "He made motions telling the officer that he saw him but that he wasn't going to stop," Egan said.

Translation: He gave him the finger.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3 Feb 19, 2010
I think good old "Chuck" was finally fed up with Watsonville and the whole area in general and was getting out anyway and as fast as he could, damn traffic laws, safety, Police, to hell with everybody..Im out of Watsonville for good..come and get me Copper!!!!And the reason he was fighting?????, he knew they were going to take him back to Watsonville...now thats cruel and unusual punishment. I hear he had a Tortilla taped the the antennea of the car and was driving anywhere until someone asked him "whats that on the antennea"? Johnny at the Harbor, Happy Friday.

“Oh well, been called worse ”

Since: Sep 09

Santa Cruz

#4 Feb 19, 2010
Im curious , How are parolees monitored? If the guy with all the money and drugs is a parolee , how is he a transient at the same time?

What do we do in this state let people out of prison to wander the streets ? Seems weird a convict goes from a full time controlled environment like prison to being being a transient on the streets.
The Big HaHa

United States

#5 Feb 19, 2010
jimi doss wrote:
What do we do in this state let people out of prison to wander the streets ? Seems weird a convict goes from a full time controlled environment like prison to being being a transient on the streets.
Hey jimi, you gonna hire him so he can rent an apartment so he won't be a transient on the streets. Good on you, jimi!! Good on you, dude!!!

Santa Cruz

#6 Feb 19, 2010
The Big HaHa wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey jimi, you gonna hire him so he can rent an apartment so he won't be a transient on the streets. Good on you, jimi!! Good on you, dude!!!
Im thinking you missed the point. no I would not want to rent to him and am not in a position to do so. But I will continue to pay tax's to keep him locked up instead of on parole and wandering around homeless selling dope and who knows what else.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#7 Feb 19, 2010
jimi doss wrote:
Im curious , How are parolees monitored? If the guy with all the money and drugs is a parolee , how is he a transient at the same time?
Yo Jimi..This Dude is what they call a "Parolee at Large" meaning he has gone back to his evil ways and not reporting or having any contact with his parole Officer..happens all the time..It's like you catch me when you catch me.. then back for a violation..then back on the streets in about six months..gives em some time to get healthy again, get some dental work, medical services..then release again and back doing crime.. Life is very, very good to them..But in this guys case..with the amount of dope he had, he will likely get a new beef...Johnny at the Harbor, Knowing stuff.

Santa Cruz

#8 Feb 19, 2010
Of course Johnny , I should have realized that , Thanks mister :):):):)
Ex Liberal

Downey, CA

#9 Feb 19, 2010
Another parolee who should have been incarcerated but was instead let out into public to enjoy his freedom!
Two loser dangerous drivers!
One apparently intentionally reckless, the other allegedly suffering from a medical condition!
Hopefully, the Officer will investigate sufficiently to consider whether to forward a DMV Request for Re-examination to the DMV Driver Safety Office!
Ex Liberal

Downey, CA

#10 Feb 19, 2010
jimi doss wrote:
Welcome to Liberal Land and a State controlled by Liberal Progressives! Isn't it grand?
Lucas

AOL

#11 Feb 19, 2010
Regarding the two incidents of cars that wouldn't stop; could the Sentinel double check the facts? They sound like Toyotas.
Ex Liberal needs to

Santa Cruz, CA

#12 Feb 19, 2010
Ex Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to Liberal Land and a State controlled by Liberal Progressives! Isn't it grand?
....get a life.
I know that it must be hard to fill your time as you kick back on your ultra-cushy, probably-early, public retirement package from law enforcement, but why don't you keep your ridiculous, hypocritical drivel to yourself.
mexi-no

Auburn, CA

#13 Feb 19, 2010
Hey sentinel,
why are these comments not disabled like the one about the "gentleman" with hispanic sounding name
that RAPED someone?
Impossible

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Feb 19, 2010
Lucas wrote:
Regarding the two incidents of cars that wouldn't stop; could the Sentinel double check the facts? They sound like Toyotas.
No, the Senile is not capable of doing something intelligent-sounding like that.
bbbbb

AOL

#15 Feb 19, 2010
These are tragic stories of upstandingly honorable men harassed by the oppression of an unjust society. Shame on you all that laud these actions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atascadero Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge Charles S. Crandall under Judicial review... 2 hr Allen Dawson 2
Dective in training SLO PD Aaron Schafer commit... 2 hr Allen Dawson 5
News Roandoak of God near Morro Bay: Group home unde... (Jun '09) Aug 22 heavensson 35
Looking a Siamise cat or kitten. Will go to goo... Aug 20 Dianna Clark 1
SUMMER JOHNSON Scandal arraignment today (Jan '15) Aug 8 curious1 8
public corruption slo (Nov '14) Aug 2 Anonymous 6
San Luis Obispo PD MUSLIM Task Force Jul 28 Wyatt Warp 3

Atascadero Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atascadero Mortgages