Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
178,621 - 178,640 of 200,324 Comments Last updated 10 hrs ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a Vietnam Vet. Don't get me started.
Nice huh? Big D was a Coastie. Worthy of respect of course but he doesn't reciprocate. If you disagree with him, or if he simply doesn't like you, then you are not a real American in his book. Even if you are a combat veteran.
Lemmonings

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Holly roller's please turn to your right and jump off the nearest cliff.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing you are saying makes your points relevant to anything, anywhere!!!
It's relevant to me and untold millions upon millions more.

You don't speak for me, shitferbrains.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is still here, you just don’t belong to it, not sure you ever did.
Land of equality, with freedom and justice for all.
We are fulfilling the promise of America, while anti-Americans try to stop us
Sorry you feel that way. I don't. As an honorably discharged veteran, you are an American to me even though you are a condescending jackass.
And even though you are intolerant and bigoted.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Charles Phell wrote:
<quoted text>
Good gawd! You sure are one fat queer! Just like that TV actor Kevin James.
Only thing worse than a fat queen, is a fat queen with a beard.
He says he's a kettle.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I own you. Very good fruitloops! Real proud of you.
...Guest....
Guest is a moron. All guest does is call people "troll".
not very bright, is guest....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
A place with which you are INTIMATELY familiar. LOL
No. Not LOL. Sad. Very sad. You are really very silly, aren't you? Are you older than 12, say, maybe 12 1/2?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The funny thing about you is that you seem to know so much about the gay subculture; especially as it relates to men. Well, that's not entirely accurate. You know about gay subculture circa 1980.
This begs the question; do you have a little sugar in your tank?
There's something very curious about you.
Fairly angry, allegedly straight man who comes to this site in order to bash gays.
You're trying to work through some kind of issue. I suspect that you have a characteristic that you don't like. You have an attraction to men. And you hate it. So you come here and bash gays as a means of self-punishment.
You offer little, if anything to the actual conversation that goes on here.
I think it's time you come clean.
I'm not trying to insult you. God knows that if you are gay or bisexual, I don't find that to be a flaw.
I do think your anger and negativity indicates some kind of inner turmoil.
I recommend that you seek some kind of therapy to figure this stuff out.
Just my opinion...
Why do you have to bve so insulting? You and I both know what an insult it is, to imply that someone is gay....
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Lemmonings wrote:
Holly roller's please turn to your right and jump off the nearest cliff.
Show em how it's done.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
When I first came to this forum, the only photo I saw on your account was a picture of Chuck Norris--or somebody.
And I'm not sure what a "greybox account" is. Maybe you can explain it to me.
That picture was me.
Greybox? Are you really that simple?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You admitted nothing about the differences. You made an ad homoan troll attack because you could not argue the differences.
That's all that the corporate tool is good for.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution at one time did nto say anything about slavery but times changed....JUST LIKE THEY WILL ON SAME SEX MARRIAGE..State bans are againt civil rights....FACT. Your side always fights againt what is right and always loses...Your side fougt for slavery...LOST your side fought againt womens rights YOU LOST your side fought againt civil rights in 60,s YORU SIDE LOST... Your side also lost during WW2 when we crushed the Nazi pigs..
That's seriously sad. My family did more to wipe out the Nazis than yours ever could have. My grandfather was Chief Liason Officer for British Forces. He was, literally, the "go-between" for the British Government and the Egyptian Government.
Next time, Dilbert, try to know what you are talking about.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

POOF wrote:
<quoted text>Thats a death threat.
Depends if you are laying face down or face up. So that would depend on you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Not LOL. Sad. Very sad. You are really very silly, aren't you? Are you older than 12, say, maybe 12 1/2?
Someone yanked guest's chain today, he'll calm down soon.

VV is kinda subdued today, shorter posts. Only 500 words each just as boring and dumb as always.

Some one rattled Big D's cage he's been pontificating down at us all day.

Jizzy occasionally interjected his idiocy and accused me of the usual crimes like posting. Or existing.

All in all a slow day.
Dismayed

Huntington Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

This is so disappointing. Our country is going down the toilet. I am called a homophobe for upholding my christian beliefs and for voting for what I believe in. I will not ever support gays or lesbians due to my own personal beliefs so don't hate me for fighting for what I believe in. You are fighting for what you believe in too yet, you hate anyone who does not support your choice. Are we supposed to approve anything and everything anyone wants? Should we just have an anything goes society. NO RULES, NO CONSEQUENCES??? Really????
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Depends if you are laying face down or face up. So that would depend on you.
Jizzy is such a moron he's always trying to get some dirt on me and failing. It backfires. Too funny.

Even if I did say "Go kill yourself" it's not a death threat. You'd have to be a moron like Jizzy to kill yourself if someone told you to.

And yes, you can soak your head face up and not drown. Jizzy is so funny. He'd do it face down.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I love that you think this nonsensical bit of made up clap trap means anything to anyone other than yourself!!!! LOL!!!
"Mutually sterile" LOL!!!!
"duplicate gendered" LOL!!!!
"half of marriage" LOL!!!!
You're so f*cking stupid!!!!
Speaking of pieces of paper, did you get one of them there diplomas from wherever you "studied"??!!!! LOL!!!! You might keep it handy in case you run out of toilet paper one day!!!!
Smile jackass!
He used some of that paper to wipe the "you" off his butt. Remember?
Then, he flushed you down the "guest"?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Irving’s Laws of homosexual “debate”:
Rule One:
When on the losing side of a debate, which is 100 percent of the time, a homosexual will, within the first three posts, invariably state that an opponent is “in the closet”.
Rule Two A:
When on the losing side of a debate, which is 100 percent of the time, a homosexual will, within the first three posts, invariably state that an opponent is a “bigot” and/or a “homophobe” and/or a “racist” and/or a “hater”.
Rule Two B:
When on the losing side of a debate, which is 100 percent of the time, a homosexual will, within the first three posts, invariably create out of whole cloth that there are “many” non-existent “studies” which will back up it’s claims that opponents are “closeted bigoted racist haters”, legitimate and unbiased studies which cannot and will not be sourced by the homosexual claimant when pressed.
Irving’s Razor:
Anyone who has taken a position in any debate, whether about homosexuality or race relations or the price of tea in China, is by definition a bigot, therefore the use of the word “bigot” by homosexuals doubles their irrelevance in a debate.
Irving's Rule of "Racism":
Color of skin ALWAYS matters more than its thickness.
Buckley paraphrased:
To paraphrase William F. Buckley, libtards claim to be the champions of diverse points of view, but are actually shocked and driven to mindless adolescent rage when they discover that there truly are other points of view.
Bound to be the best post of the day!!
Bravo!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
When on the losing side of a debate a homophobe will ignore reality and say they are still not married, even though they are recognized by law.
They generally close their eyes, stick their fingers in their ears and say "la la la la" as loud as they can
When on the losing side of an argument, Big D will say a lot of nothing. As his corporate masters wish him to.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong!! SS couples can be married. The state has already said so. And it's the state, not your little religious cult, that officiates marriage. The state trumps your opinion and they trump your imaginary authority!!!! Sucks to be a dolt like you!!
<quoted text>
LOL!! So now you speak for Christ?!!! LOL!!!! Your hubris is HILARIOUS!!!!
Sod off you stupid, ridiculous troll!!! You're pathetic!!! And I say that as I giggle hilariously at you insignificance!!!!!
You, also, suffer from emotional issues. It's apparent.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Atascadero Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Atascadero People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••