Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,160

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#206109 Jul 31, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
VV, the two have nothing whatsoever to do with each other. One violates the very existence of freedom of movement and any sort of choice, at all, the other places the need for societal acceptance upon the "couple" wishing to be "married", and depends upon the societal acceptance, else the couple can freely go where they wish, with no let or hindrance.
Altered or not, SSSB has no right to suddenly create a self-eminence and thrust itself (no pun intended) into the mainstream. Marriage is a privelege, not a right.
You're not "two steps ahead", you're attempting to compare apples and pencils.....
The only similarity between the two is that one can make a stain with either....
Meh... You're entitled to your opinion. I'm entitled to mine.

From where I sit, it is an equality issue.

Since: Mar 07

Hanover, VA

#206110 Jul 31, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
VV, the two have nothing whatsoever to do with each other. One violates the very existence of freedom of movement and any sort of choice, at all, the other places the need for societal acceptance upon the "couple" wishing to be "married", and depends upon the societal acceptance, else the couple can freely go where they wish, with no let or hindrance.
Altered or not, SSSB has no right to suddenly create a self-eminence and thrust itself (no pun intended) into the mainstream. Marriage is a privelege, not a right.
You're not "two steps ahead", you're attempting to compare apples and pencils.....
The only similarity between the two is that one can make a stain with either....
That didn't make a bit of sense.

And you can't deny that under the laws of this land, the courts have indeed long ruled that marriage is a right, not a privilege. A basic civil and human right.

Your opinions really don't matter that much, and gay Californians are still marrying, staying married, and setting wedding dates.

Learn to live with it.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206111 Jul 31, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
That didn't make a bit of sense.
And you can't deny that under the laws of this land, the courts have indeed long ruled that marriage is a right, not a privilege. A basic civil and human right.
Your opinions really don't matter that much, and gay Californians are still marrying, staying married, and setting wedding dates.
Learn to live with it.
Of course it did, Quest, of course it did. Slavery removes an individuals right to make ANY kind of choice. Food, Clothing, Work, Familial Association, any sort of choice at all. Not granting the PRIVILEGE of marriage to a same gender couple hardly has the same effect. Surely, you cannot dispute this?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206112 Jul 31, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Meh... You're entitled to your opinion. I'm entitled to mine.
From where I sit, it is an equality issue.
Yes, you are. And, no matter which side of the fence we found ourselves on, I'd not deny you your citizenship because of it. Even if were I promoting SSM, and you opposing it. It's a pity that you didn't tell D that he has no right to imply that anyone, no matter how vocal, should be labelled an "Anti-American". It might have dispelled some of my opinion that you are a hypocrite. I have not asked you to do this, merely noted that you had a chance to show some integrity, and failed to capitalize on said opportunity...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#206113 Jul 31, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Then I am glad to hear that. I am also glad the the normal lifestyle was the way to go...
2) No, I'll stop here, snap judgments are not always sound ones.
:-D
But, to go against the best traditions of this room, I'll apologize for being wrong, and admit so.
You graciousness will surely be ignored by the rainbow committee. No good deed goes unpunished.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#206114 Jul 31, 2013
girl scout2013 wrote:
Hello power rangers. I'm a girl scout and I'm sellin cookies to the highest bidder because I want to sell the most! Does anybody know any good stories about plundering booty?
Jizzy does! He's an old salt. And he has plundered much booty.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#206115 Jul 31, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
D has no right to call himself an "American". He's too quick to remove anyone else's citizenship. He ignores the fact that any true American cherishes his fellows rights to have a different opinion, even if it annoys him. I do. I respect anyones right to have an opinion, even if I don't agree with it, and would never presume to tell anyone (that was born here or naturalized, as per THE LAW) that they are not an American. Anyone who wishes to supress the opinion of a fellow American should be deported, to a country where such behavior is commonplace.
Hear hear!

P.S. Great post but Big D will ignore it as if you never posted it. Judging by experience, he will not respond.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#206116 Jul 31, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are. And, no matter which side of the fence we found ourselves on, I'd not deny you your citizenship because of it. Even if were I promoting SSM, and you opposing it. It's a pity that you didn't tell D that he has no right to imply that anyone, no matter how vocal, should be labelled an "Anti-American". It might have dispelled some of my opinion that you are a hypocrite. I have not asked you to do this, merely noted that you had a chance to show some integrity, and failed to capitalize on said opportunity...
VV will not criticize Big D no matter how outrageous Big D gets. And vice versa. It's a violation of the rainbow code.
Mister Hanky

Louisa, VA

#206117 Jul 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going sh/t while I replied to you on five threads. When I wiped, I went back to bed. Look at the times.
Oh great. Save the poop chronicles for your blog. That special corner of the interwebby where self absorbed colon deposits share their highly valued opinions with all of anonymity.

Knoxville, TN

#206118 Jul 31, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) As you might imagine, your opinion of me is not something that I sit and fret about. You have been nasty to me in the past. And based on that, I assumed that you didn't have much of an opinion of me to begin with.

2.) To be perfectly honest, I do not read every comment you, Frankie, Big D, etc. post. Frankly, there are just too many. I only check TOPIX 3 or 4 times a day; sometimes more, sometimes less. So, I did not see the post that you're referring to.

3.) I think I've made it perfectly clear that I am not the TOPIX police. I rarely, if ever, "judge" a person's comment--either negatively or positively. If I happen to see a post where someone has said something that I REALLY do not agree with or I REALLY agree with, I might respond. Otherwise, don't expect me to come to someone's rescue, even if what is being said is offensive. I don't expect it of other people when I leave a comment. I can defend myself without anyone's help.

Knoxville, TN

#206119 Jul 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
VV will not criticize Big D no matter how outrageous Big D gets. And vice versa. It's a violation of the rainbow code.
See my above comment to Rock...
sheesh

Washington, DC

#206121 Jul 31, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
It was just a matter of time, a new family TV show "the Fosters" shows two lezbos fullfilling their SSM on national TV series. Do we block this show from OUR young impressionable chldren? YES!! This is the fist step in public education as I predicted long ago. It wont be long before hetero students will particiipate in the non reproductive science education class where a homo teacher will show on a similar reproduction chart but in reverse ! haha ...how to insert penis into anus. Oh for those of you morons out there I am being very sarcastic.
I presume you're one of the adults in the house. Don't want your kids watching something, don't let them. Honestly, the airwaves are loaded with garbage. An endless supply of channels with 24 hours of white noise. Make them go outside and play some baseball or ride a bike.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#206122 Jul 31, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
See my above comment to Rock...
I read them. I especially noted this part "I only check TOPIX 3 or 4 times a day; sometimes more, sometimes less."

What a crock of sh!t. You post 1000's of words every day. I'm sure you read some of my short comments. 3 or 4 times a day indeed. You lie like a rug!

Knoxville, TN

#206123 Jul 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I read them. I especially noted this part "I only check TOPIX 3 or 4 times a day; sometimes more, sometimes less."
What a crock of sh!t. You post 1000's of words every day. I'm sure you read some of my short comments. 3 or 4 times a day indeed. You lie like a rug!
Frankie... When I see post after post of one or two sentence zingers, I don't bother with them. I scroll past them.

And thousands of words? Really? We're only allowed about 4,000 characters (including spaces) per post.

Maybe to you it looks like thousands of words, but I think you honestly have a short attention span. I'm not trying to insult you, I just think you're more succinct than I am.

When I see white space, I tend to fill it up.

If you don't want to bother reading my posts, that's fine. As I said, I don't read all of your posts.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#206124 Jul 31, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie... When I see post after post of one or two sentence zingers, I don't bother with them. I scroll past them.
And thousands of words? Really? We're only allowed about 4,000 characters (including spaces) per post.
Maybe to you it looks like thousands of words, but I think you honestly have a short attention span. I'm not trying to insult you, I just think you're more succinct than I am.
If you don't want to bother reading my posts, that's fine. As I said, I don't read all of your posts.
Yes. Thousands of words. Your posts are often over 500 words each. And you post more than 10 times a day. People are more likely to read my posts than yours. Mine are short and concise, like 'em or not. Yours are long and rambling. And boring.

Try it. You can say the same thing you say with 1/10 the words. That's the difference between social "science" and real science. The bullsh!t factor. If it's red say it's red. Not "very vermillion". There you go, saved you a word right there.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#206125 Jul 31, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't read Frankie's posts, Laughing Man's posts, or ....the other dude in months.

Scroll right on past them, they're just being ass-trolls.
USC flounders

Monrovia, CA

#206126 Jul 31, 2013
Forbes magazine listed Pomona College, California as the Second Best in Nation, Tops USC, as it should be.

Long Beach, CA

#206127 Jul 31, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Your incoherence is not my problem...
Your stupidity and ongoing failure is not my problem.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#206128 Jul 31, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't read Frankie's posts, Laughing Man's posts, or ....the other dude in months.
Scroll right on past them, they're just being ass-trolls.
Sure you do asshat.

Long Beach, CA

#206129 Jul 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Context 'Duh'. I was responding to DNF's assertion about Christ. However, your cultural and religious insensitivity only exposed your crudeness.
However, at its most basic essence, SS marriage is an oxymoron.
You are, at your most basic essence, a bitter old troll.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atascadero Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Law Enforcement Misconduct SLO 14 hr Bad Boys 1
Roandoak of God near Morro Bay: Group home unde... (Jun '09) Thu DaveCrewSaintRita... 32
SLO DA Investigator Sued Dec 16 Hands UP 1
Crime Stoppers SLO SCAM Dec 16 Crooked 1
SUMMER JOHNSON Uncovered Dec 15 Special Enforceme... 14
Ex-Michael Jackson prosecutor Tom Sneddon dies Dec 12 Len is Disgusted 40
SLO Sheriff's Department Ganbling Ring told to ... Dec 11 Ouch 1
Atascadero Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Atascadero People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Atascadero News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Atascadero