Agape Health & Fitness in Nipomo, CA ...
HELP

Ripon, CA

#64 Feb 8, 2010
IF YOU ARE ON THIS PAGE WE HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON... I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED AND LIED TO FOR YEARS!JASON RICE OWE'S ME BIG MONEY! I NEED YOUR HELP! IF HE HAS DONE THE SAME TO YOU AND YOU WANT JUSTICE .PLEASE WRITE TO ME. IF YOU WILL HELP ME . I CAN HELP YOU. LET'S WORK TOGETHER AND FIND HIM AND HIS WIFE.THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT HE HAS LET DOWN . AGAPE GYM AND THE CLIENTS IN IT. FAMILIES HE STOLED FROM.ALL THE LIES AND STORIES.HE NEEDS TO PAY UP!!!!! PLEASE WRITE TO ME AT [email protected].. I NEED HELP! NO STRINGS ATTETCHED.PLEASE HELP ME FIND THIS GUY!
mary poppins

Santa Cruz, CA

#65 Apr 12, 2010
The whole family lived down the street from me in a rented house in Blacklakes. I didn't know them but observed their behavior and thought something was up I google Agape and see it is involved with the group ACORN. One day in less the 24 hours the whole family gone. Two older people, who I still see walking on Teft street, Two adults, two children and an infant. It was like a middle of the night/get out of town. Then I start hearing rumors around town about people losing money from the gym. I think they where community organizers.
a 24 year old

Pasadena, CA

#66 May 29, 2010
oh people people people... there are scams everywhere.. at least this gut jason is trying to make your fatasses thinner in the process jajaja! we all know not to give our credit card numbers to anyone or ssn to anyone so if its been used... guess what your stupid! and if you claim you let him borrow money did you put it in writing?? and if you did simply take him to court and case settled. you wouldnt of had this problem if you were healthy and fit in the first place jajajaja
Heads Up

Pacoima, CA

#69 Jul 5, 2010
He's now in Boulder, CO. He's shying away from using his own name in full, instead he's just posting things as JR and he's mos def not using Agape anymore. Instead he's got Maranatha PWC - personal training, wellness, counseling. The kicker is some ads say they not only accept cash, but some insurance plans too. WTF!!! How do you alert the insurance fraud folks??? We'll see how long this location lasts before he's on the run again!
Stay away

Calgary, Canada

#70 Jul 13, 2010
Yes, I've also been bitten by the Jason Rice scam, not on a fitness level, but business level. I read earlier posts about the sob stories and fell for them. The guy is a chump. Run like hell.
Former gym member

San Luis Obispo, CA

#73 Jul 30, 2010
If you Google Maranatha PWC you will see his adds. Try calling the phone number -- no answer and can't leave message. He even has pictures from his Nipomo gym on one of his adds.
25 year old

Pasadena, CA

#74 Aug 2, 2010
a 24 year old wrote:
simply take him to court and case settled.
Wow - this is such a great idea! Take him to court... why didn't anyone think of that?!? Oh... yeah, it looks like a few people did, didn't they?(Read previous posts) This con artist runs away so he doesn't get served. Or, he just doesn't show up to court altogether. Any other ideas?
Craig

United States

#75 Aug 5, 2010
gfhgfh wrote:
hay craig are you still supporting jason? didn,t he burn you too before leaving town. jason thought you we're a scum bag. he even thought you were trying to bang his flipped out wife. he is not you friend bro! i hope you see that now.he just used you for your home. oh then again didn't he trash it.... jokes on you buddy!
Yes, you are correct. I did trust him, let him move into my house with all of his family. He disciple me and the Lord worked through him. I'm now in a great place spiritually and he played a part in that. However, I did get burned for rent money, utility bills etc... The house also got terribly trashed. He pulled the race card on me. I have forgiven him personaly and publicly. I've offered him to pay me through writing me a diet menu and training program. He never did. I figure he owes me about 2,500 which I've written off.
I forgive him. Vengeance is the Lords.
Fred

La Crescenta, CA

#76 Oct 27, 2010
Jason Rice is no longer in Boulder, Colorado.
I think he is making his next move to con another group of people.

He was only in Boulder, CO from about November 2009-October 2010. Almost lasted a whole year, but that would have set a record for him.

By the way I have reason to believe he is back in California.
Please Help

Pasadena, CA

#77 Oct 27, 2010
Fred wrote:
By the way I have reason to believe he is back in California.
Fred, thanks for the update. If there's anything you can further share about his whereabouts, we'd really appreciate it. Do you know where in California he might be? Maybe we can help warn others. Looking at Craig's posts, it further confirms how he scams and uses even those who go out on a limb for him. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you...
Not Again

Riverside, CA

#78 Nov 2, 2010
Jason Rice is coming back to California? I can only hope it's to settle his debts and make things right with all those who've been wronged by him. Which county will it be now? What name will it be this time? Who will he blame for all the failures that have come before? Was he raised to cheat others? To steal from others? When you don't pay your debts, you are stealing. You are a thief! Plain and simple.
KCZ

Limerick, Ireland

#79 May 15, 2012
Their latest scam is in St. Louis and is called Who Am I - The Movement https://www.facebook.com/pages/Who-Am-I-The-M... and is again the same old lies, same scam as usual. Do not give Jason and Michiko Rice your money, they will absolutely scam you. Here's how they operate:
-You sign up for their fitness course and Jason goes on and on about how he's giving you a big discount. He'll say normally his fees are $100, but that he's giving you half-off because he's a Christian and just wants to help.
-He'll train you, and I will say that he's a fair trainer - though he is NOT CERTIFIED as he claims. He has no formal training and he has never been a professional football player as he claims.
-A few months will go by, and he'll have told you numerous victim stories - all where HE is the victim. Oh poor me, always being hurt and taken advantage of by other people, blah blah blah. You'll start feeling sorry for the guy, and think he's your friend.
-At some point, he'll hit you up for money. One popular scam is that he'll show you a check he has, and say he can't cash it until a few days from now, and that he just needs a few hundred dollars to hold him over to the weekend. Or he might say he needs to be paid in advance of your sessions - like two months worth of sessions before they even happen.
-He'll start cancelling appointments or send in his wife, who is not trained at all and is basically useless as a trainer. Before you know it, they've skipped town - with your money.
DO NOT fall for this guy. Any positive comments you see here were written by him or his wife. He is a total scam artist.
He hides behind this veil of Christianity, but really he is evil and a con artist.
KCZ

Limerick, Ireland

#80 May 15, 2012
For those wanting to track him, here is his Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...

and his wife's Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/michiko.rice
Was a believer once

Saint Louis, MO

#81 Jul 5, 2012
Here's another update:
Jason & his family are moving back to LA for all of those who are still looking for him! Jason is back while Michiko & the kids are still in Arnold, Mo. He is still up to his same tricks. If you read his Who Am I The Movement.com page you will see it list no names what so ever. Kind of funny if you want to succeed in the business, you would want everyone to know who you are and just what you do to get more business, but not Jason! He is bringing a team from here with him with no regards to their future, so I'm kind of waiting to see how this all turns out for him. Hopefully he makes the wrong person mad & they will bring him down just as someone should have done LONG ago! Jason aka JR & Michiko deserve what will be coming to them & I pray for their kids' sake it is MUCH sooner than later! So be looking for them LA, they are heading back you're way!
Sue

Örebro, Sweden

#83 Aug 17, 2012
adri wrote:
i CAN HELP IM NOT KIDDING...DID U GUYZ FIND HIM YET??? OR KNOW EXACTLY WHERE HES LOCATED??
He arr in a studio in LA at a studio valled Who am I? Tke movemeny www.whoamithemovement.com
Nike

Örebro, Sweden

#84 Aug 17, 2012
He is in LA now. Lock at the www.whoamithismovement.com ! I saw him at the studio!
Nagasaki

Hesperia, CA

#85 Aug 18, 2012
Peter

North Hollywood, CA

#86 Oct 11, 2012
Nagasaki wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/event s/351526081593437/
hdf
Recently burned

Los Angeles, CA

#87 Jun 22, 2013
Peter wrote:
<quoted text> hdf
I was recently burned by him and it cost me $2300 and an ER visit. I have some health issues that he said he could help and instead it made me sicker than I have been in years. He convinced me to do a food delivery program that was "supposedly " scientifically based on to build my immune system. Well if I had known burnt pancakes and soggy eggs could build my immune system I would've gone to IHOP. After a couple of days I ended up with food poisoning.

This man has NO qualifications to give health advice. Stay away!!!!
Witness

Saint Charles, MO

#88 Oct 14, 2013
He was a total fraud. I witnessed it first hand. He brainwashed his interns and had them promise to not tell anyone what he was teaching them because "his formulas and training methods have leaked out into TV and books and other people took credit for them." Yeah... No. He knew what he was doing was wrong. He and his wife didn't have their drivers licenses and relied on others to get around. He has taken off to California, last I've heard. Don't waste your time or money with this guy. He's a smooth talker and will get anyone who wants to learn about health and wellness going. Don't believe it for a second.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atascadero Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Terminally Ill Man (JOHN BLACK)SLO-DA, SLO-Judg... 1 hr Harold 4
Judge Charles S. Crandall under investigation S... (Jul '16) 5 hr anon 2
News Roandoak of God near Morro Bay: Group home unde... (Jun '09) Jan 12 Mark Dickinson 36
paso robles video game creation/cartooning clas... Jan 8 raytoons 1
News Why a guy who goes by Jesus changed a Hollywood... Jan 7 Gale Strassberg r... 2
January is Restaurant Month in SLO - Great Deals Jan 6 howefortunate 1
News Prank Caller Gets Burger King Workers to Trash ... (Feb '16) Jan 3 RICKIEE 8

Atascadero Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atascadero Mortgages