Mental hospital workers to stage protests

Full story: Los Angeles Times

State-employed psychiatric technicians, psychologists and other healthcare workers are readying a series of demonstrations designed to draw attention to California's mental hospitals, which are beset with a ...
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Apr 3, 2008
psychiatric technician

Redlands, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2007

The government should be ashamed at the way they are treating the staff at the state hospitals. At Patton State Hospital, we work on units with murderers, rapists, arsonists, violent criminal offenders who also have mental illness---we do not wear vests, have no guns nor pepper spray...we have only whistles and each other! It is a huge insult that we should be paid less than our counterparts who work in the prisons.We work with the same inmates and deserve the same pay!!
Kiss Mine

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2007

Here's a clue for you

Go get a real job and get off the government payroll.

My tax $$$$ are paying you too much to be a whiney baby....
chipper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2008

Kiss Mine wrote:
Here's a clue for you
Go get a real job and get off the government payroll.
My tax $$$$ are paying you too much to be a whiney baby....
You have do not have a clue nor would you have the courage to do what these dedicated individuals face on a daily basis , so........ F&*%K OFF.
chipper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2008

psychiatric technician wrote:
The government should be ashamed at the way they are treating the staff at the state hospitals. At Patton State Hospital, we work on units with murderers, rapists, arsonists, violent criminal offenders who also have mental illness---we do not wear vests, have no guns nor pepper spray...we have only whistles and each other! It is a huge insult that we should be paid less than our counterparts who work in the prisons.We work with the same inmates and deserve the same pay!!
Been there & done that. Thank you !.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Atascadero Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Atascadero People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••