Atascadero Wal-Mart Petition

Jun 25, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KCOY-TV Santa Maria

Council members are faced with a decision in regards to putting in a Wal-Mart superstore in their city.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Sep 21, 2008
michael m

Paso Robles, CA

#1 Jun 26, 2008
with the cost of living going up because of the gas problem, its easy to know what Im going to say .we need and want walmart.
DsT

San Luis Obispo, CA

#2 Jun 27, 2008
The price of everything is going up. I personally know many families that make regular trips out of the area to places like Wal-mart in Paso and Costco in SLO. It is more cost evective in raising families to do so even with the gas prices. The problem is that Atascadero is the only one missing out on the tax revenues. When will Atascadero join the new age and get on the boat. We are in financial trouble. We keep trying to revitalize the down town only to watch businesses set up and shut down. We need money in our town and Wal-mart is a no brainer.
john

Atascadero, CA

#3 Jul 16, 2008
just think of all the weeds that will be cut down,weeds have rights too, even if they are dead,the city dont need 2.000.000 ayear from taxes paid by walmart.the city is rich.4.50 a gallon for gas to go to paso robles is nothing.i say let paso have the taxes,and we get to keep the weeds.
Peter Brennan

Paso Robles, CA

#4 Aug 29, 2008
Ive heard all the hype about what walmart will bring to the community and the councils grab for $$$$. What about the increased traffic what about the local house market? what about the local infrastructure upgrades... ongoing maintenance of the roads what about...... hey will all the external shoppers stop and buy from local stores...dah dont think so they just spent all their money at Walmart!!!!
we need to grow

Atascadero, CA

#5 Sep 21, 2008
poor local stores tattoo joints and cig shops thats gonna cripple them. oh ya the big bubbas is gonna lose money for sure....... dumb non thinkers think like this we want disney land

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atascadero Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 33 min Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 9 hr Tank ever 7,926
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 9 hr landluber suck 200,576
Charlotte Alexander Congalton fired again 10 hr Will 1
slo sno blo 11 hr Capt Henderson re... 4
Dope Sales up in SLO 13 hr George Lawson 2
Jenny B. (Dec '13) 20 hr mysillyusername 5
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for San Luis Obispo County was issued at August 29 at 4:49AM PDT

•••
•••
•••

Atascadero Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Atascadero People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Atascadero News, Events & Info