Wal-Mart Buys Land in Atascadero

Wal-Mart Buys Land in Atascadero

There are 24 comments on the KCOY-TV Santa Maria story from Jul 6, 2006, titled Wal-Mart Buys Land in Atascadero. In it, KCOY-TV Santa Maria reports that:

July 6, 2006 ATASCADERO -- It's official. Wal-Mart has purchased land in one Central Coast city with the intention of building a Wal-Mart Super Center there.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCOY-TV Santa Maria.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rebel Moiety

San Luis Obispo, CA

#22 Oct 8, 2008
OldTimer wrote:
The only shopping in Atascadero, Ca., is K-Mart, and the Factory Outlet.
Where in the heck do you buy anything other than K-Mart, and the Outlet?
> You travel to *gasp* Paso Robles, or even *shock* SLO. K-Mart is fine, good lord. You want cheaper, buy your clothes & homemaking supplies online - but for goodness' sake, don't shut small businesses away, or put good people out of their jobs for a quick buck. You would only be contributing to poorer quality service and products.
Stephen

Hollister, CA

#23 May 20, 2009
Seriously to not allow the store in the area means people will go where it is located, the Paso Robles makes like 360 million a year plus what does that do for Paso Robles city, I worked there 6 years and was amazed at how far away people traveled to go there, from Santa Maria from Cambria Shandon King City and even some from the Valley all to bring cash to Paso Robles, the store operates at about a 28% margin meaning about 1/4 of their money is profit and we call that a discount store? What are these other guys doing, that they should be getting more profit, one store had the right idea, they would buy their cat food to sell at his store since he could not buy it as cheap as what Wal Mart sold it at( below our cost)a wise shopper would know what to buy and where to buy it, our local groceries store hate seeing their profits lost is all sharing the market, I do agree about the employee statements thought, Wal Mart encourages stupid people to become management so they are easy to control, and pay raises are based upon how management feels not performance, but all stores in America are headed the Wal Mart way, we have become a Nation of consumers not producers
Pwo

Atascadero, CA

#24 Jun 23, 2009
Look, in this economy Atascadero's so-called downtown, is practically vacant, and for that matter the little businesses downtown are for tourists, they don't care about the locals. It's always wine tasting this or antique gift, the Carlton is just one big tourist trap. There is no money to finish the ex Bowling Alley area's so called downtown project. I'm sorry all us locals have in Atascadero is the Lake/Zoo and In-N-Out, so why not use the tax money from Wal Mart to finish your projects and maybe repave the crappy patching job they did on El Camino by the police station. Help us out a bit not everyone owns a winery, some of us are actually from here and can't afford to buy overpriced trinkets, go back to the old A-town where it was just your average middle class town. Either way know your real pro's and cons or having a Wal Mart.
nameless

San Luis Obispo, CA

#25 Apr 25, 2010
I am only 14 and i know that walmart is a very bad idea in atascadero

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atascadero Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Great NEWS Judge Mike Cummins to run for SLO DA 8 hr Tisha K 1
News Dunes vehicles pollute air, study says (Jan '10) Dec 8 youll shoot your ... 9
Stephanie Dunaway (Jul '11) Dec 7 Dean 2
News Mission College Prep administrator restrains st... Nov 26 MJB 1
Hook up Nov 25 Sasha 6
SLO PD DOES NOT Support Wounded Veterans Nov 22 CMR 1
SLO TASK FORCE REVEALED Summer Johnson IS Exposed (Dec '14) Nov 22 Hooligan 3

Atascadero Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atascadero Mortgages