How one Chinese diplomat saved thousa...

How one Chinese diplomat saved thousands of Jews from the death camps

There are 7 comments on the National Post story from Nov 1, 2011, titled How one Chinese diplomat saved thousands of Jews from the death camps. In it, National Post reports that:

"If I never knocked on that door in Vienna I would have been in a concentration camp," Eric Goldstaub says.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Post.

TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

New York, NY

#1 Nov 2, 2011
China Saved hundreds of thousands of Jews from the gallows in acts of kindness few people know. Instead, Hollywood recognizes Schindler who saved barely 10,000, a mere fraction which pales in comparison to China's humanitarian deeds.
RayH

Shanghai, China

#2 Nov 2, 2011
TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE wrote:
China Saved hundreds of thousands of Jews from the gallows in acts of kindness few people know. Instead, Hollywood recognizes Schindler who saved barely 10,000, a mere fraction which pales in comparison to China's humanitarian deeds.
Check out the museum on this in Shanghai.
HanSolo

Santa Clara, CA

#3 Nov 2, 2011
This Feng Shan Ho, the Diplomat would not side with oppresive authoritarian system. Definitedly, he would not side with communist. He is so American IMHO.
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#4 Nov 2, 2011
Some of my Jewish friends in California say the Chinese saved close to a million Jews, that's why the Chinese and Jews do quite a bit of business together. In fact they are a little too cozy, Israel sometimes give away high tech secrets to China that America forbids.
KGB

United States

#5 Nov 2, 2011
Well, in the sense the Jews are returning the favor these days. E.g., if CCP wants to get some stuff that are not available through the normal channel, Jews will get them for CCP instead. Of course, it's not gonna be cheap!
OWS

New York, NY

#6 Nov 2, 2011
We shall see how this unfolds.
WJB

New York, NY

#8 Nov 3, 2011
Not just thousands of Jews but perhaps millions he saved!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Niederosterreich, Austria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UN Envoy: Restarting Syrian Peace Talks Hinges ... Aug 26 Stephany McDowell 2
Furniture For Sale Leeds Jun '16 morgan4 1
News Oil prices fall amid supply glut worries May '16 USS LIBERTY 1
News Defeated right-wing Austrian president hopeful ... May '16 likud right wing 1
News Thousands swing away for Int'l Pillow Fight Day May '16 PROUD TO BE SERB ... 10
News Was the rise of the Roman Empire helped by VOLC... Apr '16 play 1
News Report: U.S. preparing new sanctions over Iran'... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Ritual Habitual 1
More from around the web