Are Filipinos Asian and Spanish mixed ?

Are Filipinos Asian and Spanish mixed ?

Posted in the Filipino-American Forum

Since: Sep 13

Carrollton, GA

#1 Dec 10, 2013
I notice Filipino customs are very Spanish, I wanted because Filipino look Filipino even look Spanish... Are you guys Mixed or Latinos ?
Mixed for sure

Fayetteville, AR

#5 Feb 12, 2014
I think you are right on. After being "colonized" for 300 years by Spain, I don't know how they couldn't be Spanish (Mountain province has some exceptions as they were never truly concurred by Spain). They are mixed and like to mix races as much as possible because they think that their facial and bodily characteristic are very flawed. My is from the Quezan Province, has a 1/2 black (balkalou) kid and we have one half white together. Their family structure is very, very interdependent upon their children's successes. After they marry off their child, they assume roles as dependents to the new husband and it is nearly impossible to stop them from finding creative ways to separate you, your wife, and your children (their grandchildren) from any form of financial gain! Unlike the customs in the United States, grandparents will take the food right out of their own grandchild's mouth to somehow gain whatever they believe they lot while being poor in the RP. If you don't marry a Filipina that is richer than you, be prepared to have nearly constant live in relatives that WILL NOT CONTRIBUTE FINANCIALLY, and YOU are "rich," so guess who gets to PONY UP!? hint: It's not your new Pinoy family that will give or contribute to finances! Even if they make good money they feel that you owe it to them somehow!! Good luck!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Filipino-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Red Deer accommodating growing Filipino community Jun 30 Phillip Eans 1
News Jose Rizal bust stolen from Chicago Fil-Am center Jun 28 reality is a crutch 1
News Trustpower destroys 135,000 flyers after compla... Jun 20 Anonymous 1
Need domestic worker in kentucky usa Jun 15 Kentucky 1
Mother-in-law (Dec '14) Jun 14 Pat 33 2
News Job Opening for Seafarers Jun 14 Go Blue Forever 1
A few questions about balut May '15 rorybreaker12 1
More from around the web