The Tayvon Martin Jury Verdict Highli...

The Tayvon Martin Jury Verdict Highlights the Injustice Minorities Like Fil-Ams Face

There are 109 comments on the www.philnews.com story from Jul 15, 2013, titled The Tayvon Martin Jury Verdict Highlights the Injustice Minorities Like Fil-Ams Face. In it, www.philnews.com reports that:

Two words “not guilty” from the six-person jury at the Sanford, Florida courthouse where George Zimmerman stood accused of killing seventeen year old black teenager Trayvon Martin has sent shockwaves of disbelief across America. For minority communities like Filipino-Americans, that verdict is painfully difficult to accept. For although the United States has come a long way in race relations—even electing its first black president—there is still an undercurrent of racism that pervades suburban communities where minority teenage boys are instinctively “profiled” as troublemakers and juvenile delinquents ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.philnews.com.

To Prince of Darkness

Plainview, NY

#84 Aug 19, 2013
Typing in all caps doesn't help your argument. Notice how I mentioned "Rich corporations" of the White man as well.

And we're not jumping on the White man's bandwagon. Not historically but recently, you guys talk a lot of talk about being men but many of your "race" demonstrate no responsibility whatsoever towards family. And despite all the White Liberal social programs to help you guys, you like to complain a lot and do nothing to better your situation.(through many observations I have come to this conclusion)

Since: Jun 13

Milwaukee, WI

#85 Aug 19, 2013
To Prince of Darkness wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mind is extremely warped. As customers if you don't like the product or service don't buy it. Also, don't Blacks love sneakers, smart phones, hondas etc. made by Asian folk?
Your argument is lame.
It's called having to compete, survive and adapt.
I'm tired of my tax money going to rich war mongering corporations and to poor freeloaders. Grow up please.
do not BLACKS PAY TO GET THEM. RESEARCH, ASIANS ARE ROBBING AND STEALING RESOURCES FROM AFRICA. YOUR PEOPLE ARE NOT WITHOUT SIN. YOU DO NOT KNOW THE OPPRESSIVE HISTORY OF BLACKS WHO HAVE TRIED TO OVERCOME IT

Milwaukee, WI

#86 Aug 19, 2013
Typing in all caps doesn't help your argument. Notice how I mentioned "Rich corporations" of the White man as well.
And we're not jumping on the White man's bandwagon. Not historically but recently, you guys talk a lot of talk about being men but many of your "race" demonstrate no responsibility whatsoever towards family. And despite all the White Liberal social programs to help you guys, you like to complain a lot and do nothing to better your situation.(through many observations I have come to this conclusion)
YEAH, but you are not writig degrading things about white economic crimals. About blaCKS COMPLAINING, THAT IS media lies hyped up by zionist jews. the averge black person really do not do that-complaining. you should research black wall street, on youtube. ry is very intereting and show how blacks in the early america history tried to help themselves but were killed, hung, and theathen by white supremacy. this is a deep story. many race of people think the black race is horror but we blacks say the same that the race must help thmsevs.
To Prince of Darkness

Plainview, NY

#87 Aug 19, 2013
Why should I talk about Whites when you as a Black guy are talking about Asians on the Asian American forum. Why are you steering the topic?

Africans are letting Chinese trade for resources because certain people from both sides are profiting. More crying victim mentality? What part of Africa are you from anyway? I'm sure Africans don't see the same way as you do.

Regular black folks, blah blah. 1/2 of your mothers have no father at home, 1/2 of your kids keep failing to graduate high school. Who are you going to blame?

Milwaukee, WI

#89 Aug 19, 2013
Maricel Ramos wrote:
I've only been in Florida for a few months but from what I can see, it's the blacks and the media who are destroying race relations in this country.
Teenage blacks get robbed, beaten and/or murdered every day here by other blacks and its hardly noteworthy. It only seems to be a huge ordeal when a non-black kills a black, and then regardless of the actual curcumstances.
I don't appreciate this author making a connection between Fil-Am and African Americans. All of the Fil-Am I met here are trying very hard to assimilate into the suburban model of hard work, education and playing by the rules. From what I can see, this is not the goal of majority of blacks.
This is from my limited perspective, but it's what I see here daily. While I believe everyone is equal and entitled to equal rights, I also believe that you reap what you sew.
WHY ARE YOU DISSCUING BLACK PEOPLE. BAD MOUTH OTHER RACES
VARIOUS asian groups hate each other wanna be white.

Milwaukee, WI

#90 Aug 19, 2013
Why should I talk about Whites when you as a Black guy are talking about Asians on the Asian American forum. Why are you steering the topic?
Africans are letting Chinese trade for resources because certain people from both sides are profiting. More crying victim mentality? What part of Africa are you from anyway? I'm sure Africans don't see the same way as you do.
Regular black folks, blah blah. 1/2 of your mothers have no father at home, 1/2 of your kids keep failing to graduate high school. Who are you going to blame?
that isot true, but true for asians.

Milwaukee, WI

#91 Aug 19, 2013
Wang Dang wrote:
Maybe you should drive in some hood like Detroit.
Gary Indiana is another good example. Whine about being poor but don't try to clean up their own ghetto or make it better. Most Filipinos in the city's try to live outside of the Hoods knowing it's not safe for their kids.
liar. YOU RACIST ASIANSWANT TO BE WHITE

Milwaukee, WI

#92 Aug 19, 2013
Maricel Ramos wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not here when it started but I'm told that it was clearly self-denfense from the very start. It was so clear cut that the man was not even charge for some time... until the protests and cries of racism got out of hand. The police felt pressured to bring charges even though there was no evidence to convict. It just waste so much time and money and slow the system for those who need justice.
WHITE MAN KILLS ASIAN MAN. BIATCH. YOU ASIANS ARE SO SNEAKY AND RACIST. I HOPE BLACKS RIDE TO YOUR HOOD AND KILL THE ASIANS. LEAVE AMERICA YOU UGLY TIGHT EYED MONSTER WHO WANT TO BE WHITE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Milwaukee, WI

#93 Aug 19, 2013
Ozzy wrote:
Good points, Maricel. Most black crime is black on black. Then if it is anyone else on black, they scream it being a race crime. I see it in Albany, NY area as well.
Recently near Albany, NY, a young black child was hit and killed in the street by a car. It was in a predominate black area. So the black community gets together and screams that the city does not care about the blacks because they did not put a stop light where the child was hit by a car. How about you watch your freakin kid and not let them run the streets and that wont happen!? For YEARS there was no issue with that corner.
The cries of racism is getting tiring here in the US. This country has come a long ways and even voted in a black president not once but twice. So enough of the garbage. Enough of the excuses.
I dont think I have ever even seen any Asian race crime mentioned on the news where I live. And there is plenty of an Asian population. I know it is the same in Florida too.
Again, Im not saying that racism is not happening because it is all over not just in the US but in the world.
YES asians cry and complaint often. bitaching vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
To Prince of Darkness

Plainview, NY

#94 Aug 19, 2013
What's the point of trying to have a discussion with you if you can't reason and desire violence?

Again, you're angry and clearly scapegoating Asians, your problems in America have no cause nor result from Asians. Be responsible, take care of your own and yourself.

It's also extremely dumb to accuse someone of "Trying to be White". I try to be civil, build community with whomever deserves it, but clearly you've been avoiding the issues I've been bringing up about the Black American community. Keep dodging reflective discussion, as you keep avoiding personal growth. Good day.

Milwaukee, WI

#95 Aug 19, 2013
What's the point of trying to have a discussion with you if you can't reason and desire violence?
Again, you're angry and clearly scapegoating Asians, your problems in America have no cause nor result from Asians. Be responsible, take care of your own and yourself.
It's also extremely dumb to accuse someone of "Trying to be White". I try to be civil, build community with whomever deserves it, but clearly you've been avoiding the issues I've been bringing up about the Black American community. Keep dodging reflective discussion, as you keep avoiding personal growth. Good day.
you say you are being reasonable while at the same time being racist by judging the whole black race as bad. there are many successful blacks. can what a few bad people be blame on a whole group of people.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#96 Aug 21, 2013
Wonder what the Australians think ? Blaming the whole country for what some homies done.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23982...

Location hidden

#97 Aug 21, 2013
Australians calling a boycott on USA vacation because of some homies. So that's equal treatment for all colors because of some homies actions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23982...

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#99 Aug 21, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Can't believe someone has'nt sighted in a new hunting rifle, on her by now......She is the absolute bottom of the barrel.....
Boy you and I agree on that one, man Ive never seen a person that is as bias as her. She ignores facts, then crusifys people on tv.. I really despise that lady ( I loosely use the term lady ).

Location hidden

#100 Aug 21, 2013
The government must have money to throw away doing all that work around the Arch. If it wasn't for Bush Stadium, I'd say sell the Arch for scrap metal. That is one rough looking neighborhood.
Wonder where is Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, and rest of gang. Like the Aussie newscaster lady :

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/man-who-dobb...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#101 Aug 21, 2013
I grew up in South Chicago, but i would bet that East St. Louis is even worse.....
amc

San Juan, Philippines

#102 Aug 21, 2013
obama is the pres., so its ALL ABOUT THE BLACKS.

even if he is half white ... hahahahahahaha

Americans are leaving their country is record numbers and taking their money with them. goodbye America.

i left, so can you. filipins welcomes you all , but dont bring your families here. it just wouldnt work out so well. its a shame really.
this place is more than just a fixer-upper im afraid and not so agreeable to western wives and kids.

if you have that great American pioneer spirit though id say bring them along and break new territory. this place is crying for educated beings. careful with that male dominance thing though.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#103 Aug 22, 2013
See how uninformed, one can become when they retire overseas?........
amc

San Juan, Philippines

#104 Aug 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
see how one becomes once he had the cool aid?
blue??? no one has to kill you.. youll kill yourself....
live the fantasy blue... obama till your last days... id have done the job already , but its much more fun to see you living the agony..........
such a fucking traitor you are.... 1st on the hit list...
amc

San Juan, Philippines

#105 Aug 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
i really have
e to wonder what kind of woman would stand with
such a coward as you blue?

are you forcing her to your views? does she know what an extreme coward you really are???
does she know that you are a communists blue? is she so stupid that you feel so blessed to have a woman so completely ignorant as to believe all that you tell her ????????

ohh gee how special blue???? you have your very own slave......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Filipino-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
job opening in glendale, california Jul 15 cnsjobs 1
Job Opening in Washington DC Jul 4 washingtondchiring 1
Are you Looking for device that provides live s... Jun 30 dora 1
News At hidden CK's Hot Shoppe in Central City, disc... May '16 SeanOsorioLee 1
Mother-in-law (Dec '14) May '16 Observer 4
News Asian Heritage Month Lecture and Roundtable: Fi... May '16 less pay eh 1
News Hong Kong's Filipino community rooting for form... May '16 SeanOsorioLee 1
More from around the web