An Obama Reelection and What It Will Mean for Filipinos

Sep 7, 2012 | Posted by: Philnews | Full story: www.philnews.com

Nowhere in recent American political history has there been such a polarization in political party ideology as we are seeing in this year’s presidential elections. It appears that both the Democrats and the Republicans have dug in their heels and are refusing to give an inch to the other side. That leaves only a sliver of undecided voters in swing states to determine the outcome of this presidential race.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of46
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 11

Bedford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 7, 2012
 
A must read for all Filipinos.
amc

San Juan, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

if filipinos want to see America dragged into the miserable abyss that the euro nations have all become then by all means. its a must read.

misery truly does love company.
No to romney

Victorville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Not just for filipino American but for all American's!

Mitt Romney: Give a good speech! They're anti-Barrack Obama. Romney, Tell the American people his going to create jobs but he didn't say, How!

Mitt Romney: Say, His going to lower the corporate taxes from 35% to 25% that is very good to the richs and powerful.

Mitt Romney: Say, His not going to taxes on the middle class, But if his going to lower the corpotate taxes where is he going to get the money to pay for all the goverment expense!

Right now the government don't have any money to pay all that. The only way to do that is to raise taxes. Either consumer taxes or reat estate taxes or corporate taxes. NOT ATLEAT ROMNEY GOING TO SELL AMERICA TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER. THATS EXACTLY WHAT HIS GOING TO DO IF HE BECAME THE PRESIDENT. IF HE EVER. I'LL SAY, NO TO ROMNEY!
Stamp seal and deliver

Victorville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

...For President Obama! He deserve another four years to fullfill all the promise he made to the american people.

In his speech he didn't mention Mitt Romney!
He tells the American people how his going to stir this country in the right direction with the help from all of us. LETS HELP OUR PRESIDENT FOR THE GOOD OF OUR COUNTRY!

Four more years! President Obama, YOu got my VOTE!
STAMP SEAL AND DELIVER!
Amy

Angeles City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Nothing; the role of a US President is to preside over issues facing his/her nation. Filipinos are not his or the United States problem or concern. The Philippines have their own leaders who need to focus on filipinos. The days of handouts are upon us.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 7, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

The DNC has a carload of trinket promises for everyone in your entire family and they're not going to allow that mean, greedy Mitt Romney to stand in the way of your trinket promise. If you have a wart on your butt barack and michelle obama will personally remove it. If you need anything barack and michelle obama will be there...That's the kind of loving care you and your entire family will receive...that's the guarantee of the DNC.

Note: Trinket Promises are limited to one per household and must be redeemed within 30 minutes. Supplies are limited. No substitutes. Void in 52 states, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and Jerusalem.
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Given that Obama wishes to put all Americans on the public dole and outsource our jobs to Asia folks in the Phillipines should like him.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Obviously the tent had no room for God...

CHARLOTTE, N.C.— In a rare moment of actual convention drama, Democratic officials reinserted language back into their official platform Wednesday evening that invokes God and affirms the role of Jerusalem as the Israeli capital, trying to defuse Republican attacks over the party’s stances.
But the maneuver may have backfired, infuriating delegates who objected to the changes.
The new amendments were introduced by former Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland and put to a vote by convention chairman Antonio Villaraigosa, who was forced to call for three voice votes in an effort to pass the changes.
“I, uh, I guess I’ll do that one more time,” Villaraigosa said after a second vote of delegates in the Time Warner Cable Arena resulted equally loud “ayes” and “nos.”
“You've got to rule, and then you've got to let them do what they're gonna do,” a woman standing to his left could be heard saying in a feed carried by C-SPAN.
After a third attempt, Villaraigosa declared that the amendments had passed.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 7, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

No to romney wrote:
Not just for filipino American but for all American's!
Mitt Romney: Give a good speech! They're anti-Barrack Obama. Romney, Tell the American people his going to create jobs but he didn't say, How!
Mitt Romney: Say, His going to lower the corporate taxes from 35% to 25% that is very good to the richs and powerful.
Mitt Romney: Say, His not going to taxes on the middle class, But if his going to lower the corpotate taxes where is he going to get the money to pay for all the goverment expense!
Right now the government don't have any money to pay all that. The only way to do that is to raise taxes. Either consumer taxes or reat estate taxes or corporate taxes. NOT ATLEAT ROMNEY GOING TO SELL AMERICA TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER. THATS EXACTLY WHAT HIS GOING TO DO IF HE BECAME THE PRESIDENT. IF HE EVER. I'LL SAY, NO TO ROMNEY!
Attention no to freedom!!! If you want to pay more taxes you can do that when you file. In the meantime don't stoop to the level of a TAX HUNGRY SELF SERVING MARXIST by the name of b. h. obama...

23,000,000 unemployed Americans cannot afford to wait on b. h. obama to finish another self serving golf game. 43 months above 8.2% unemployment is waaaaaaaaay past being enough BS...

b. h. obama is to jobs, prosperity and America what a drunk farting gasbag is to fine dining.
NO to Romney

Victorville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oh, Wow! Johninla: so you're proud American if you're then act like one. If you want to vote for Mitt Romney, Go ahead nobody stopping you! Just remember one thing if he ever win your job is at stake don't blame it to President Obama why you lose your job to overseas. No need to insult me just because you think you're better than me. Nobody better then me.
NO to Romney

Victorville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 7, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Mitt Romney’s financial company, Bain Capital, invested in a series of firms that specialized in relocating jobs done by American workers to new facilities in low-wage countries like China and India.

During the nearly 15 years that Romney was actively involved in running Bain, a private equity firm that he founded, it owned companies that were pioneers in the practice of shipping work from the United States to overseas call centers and factories making computer components, according to filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Since: Sep 12

Orange Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

NO to Romney wrote:
Mitt Romney’s financial company, Bain Capital, invested in a series of firms that specialized in relocating jobs done by American workers to new facilities in low-wage countries like China and India.
During the nearly 15 years that Romney was actively involved in running Bain, a private equity firm that he founded, it owned companies that were pioneers in the practice of shipping work from the United States to overseas call centers and factories making computer components, according to filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Oh my, another lie. http://www.factcheck.org/2012/07/factcheck-to...
NO to Mitt Romney

Victorville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

clmclm wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my, another lie. http://www.factcheck.org/2012/07/factcheck-to...
DUCOMENT DON'T LIE! Only Mitt Romney! Even Mitt Romney can't even answer when somebody asking him question about his own company. Duh....

Since: Sep 12

Orange Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 7, 2012
 
NO to Mitt Romney wrote:
<quoted text>
DUCOMENT DON'T LIE! Only Mitt Romney! Even Mitt Romney can't even answer when somebody asking him question about his own company. Duh....
I rest my case.
NO to Romney

Victorville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

As part of a Democratic effort to portray Mitt Romney's former company Bain Capital as an enemy of the working class, three former employees of companies owned by the private investment firm took the stage at the Democratic National Convention Wednesday to criticize the Republican presidential nominee's business record.

"When Mitt Romney talks about his business experience, remember - it's not experience creating good-paying jobs; it is experience cutting jobs," said Cindy Hewitt, a former employee of Bain-shuttered company Dade Behring. "It is experience shutting plants. It is experience making millions by making life tougher for hard-working Americans."

"Of course I understand that some companies succeed and others are not - that's the way our economy works," she continued. "But it's wrong when dedicated, productive employees feel the pain while folks like Mitt Romney make profits."

Romney has staked his campaign in part on his experience in the private sector. But his controversial history with Bain, including a muddied timeline at the company and its involvement with shipping jobs overseas, has made that record a target for President Obama's reelection campaign.

"When Romney and Bain took over the mill, they loaded it up with millions in debt," said David Foster, a steelworkers union leader who's appeared previously in an Obama ad featuring the story of GSL Steel. "Within months, they used some of that borrowed money to pay themselves millions. Within a decade, the debt kept growing and was so large the company was forced into bankruptcy."

Since: Sep 12

Orange Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

NO to Romney wrote:
As part of a Democratic effort to portray Mitt Romney's former company Bain Capital as an enemy of the working class, three former employees of companies owned by the private investment firm took the stage at the Democratic National Convention Wednesday to criticize the Republican presidential nominee's business record.
"When Mitt Romney talks about his business experience, remember - it's not experience creating good-paying jobs; it is experience cutting jobs," said Cindy Hewitt, a former employee of Bain-shuttered company Dade Behring. "It is experience shutting plants. It is experience making millions by making life tougher for hard-working Americans."
"Of course I understand that some companies succeed and others are not - that's the way our economy works," she continued. "But it's wrong when dedicated, productive employees feel the pain while folks like Mitt Romney make profits."
Romney has staked his campaign in part on his experience in the private sector. But his controversial history with Bain, including a muddied timeline at the company and its involvement with shipping jobs overseas, has made that record a target for President Obama's reelection campaign.
"When Romney and Bain took over the mill, they loaded it up with millions in debt," said David Foster, a steelworkers union leader who's appeared previously in an Obama ad featuring the story of GSL Steel. "Within months, they used some of that borrowed money to pay themselves millions. Within a decade, the debt kept growing and was so large the company was forced into bankruptcy."
I think it only fair to post your previous exclamation. It is easy to use dupes to post dubious and biased material, which is obviously the case here. Educational though. We learn how Obama's operatives - operate.:-) This person's last comment was:

"DUCOMENT DON'T LIE! Only Mitt Romney! Even Mitt Romney can't even answer when somebody asking him question about his own company. Duh.... "

Nuff said.
Obama versus tiger woods

Pinson, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I was scared during the "bay of pigs era,but this boy in the whitehouse has truly top that scare.
Not much was mentioned in the obama owned media,but the Russian leaders are laughing at the
once most powerful nation on earth,as they waved a the shores of the gulf of mexico from an armed nucear missle submarine,proving the statement from obama that he has improved the borders of the US better than any president in history.Even God held back the surely owned lighting bolts aimed at this biggest liar in history,second only to former " I didnt have sexual relations with her" democrap president
Romney biggest donor

Victorville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Casino mogul Sheldon Adelson has reportedly donated $10 million to a super PAC supporting Mitt Romney, as he hinted he would after a recent Las Vegas meeting with the GOP candidate.

Adelson’s $10 million check is by far the biggest gift to date to Restore Our Future, a group that’s attracted five new billionaire donors in as many weeks.
Romney biggest donor

Victorville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

As my colleague Steve Bertoni pointed out, having spoken at length to Adelson for a Forbes cover story,$10 million may just be the start of the Las Vegas Sands chief’s generosity. He may well give $100 million, as he’d planned to donate to Newt Gingrich’s now-defunct campaign.
Adelson is just the latest billionaire to jump on the Mitt Romney bandwagon. With his gift, the tally of America’s richest people donating to Mitt Romney-backing super PAC Restore Our Future is 32 — or, 8% of the Forbes 400.
Look for that number to swell in the coming months as wealthy donors who’d been firmly on Team Newt Gingrich or Rick Perry, for instance, concede and write checks to Romney versus the alternative — a second Obama term.
Here are the 31 billionaires who’ve joined Sheldon Adelson in backing Restore Our Future:
- Vulture investor Wilbur Ross, who donated $100,000 in May.
- Oil and gas pioneer Harold Hamm, who added $985,000 to the pro-Romney PAC’s cash pile.
- Retail king Leslie Wexner of The Limited clothing chain, who wrote a check for $250,000.
- Gristedes supermarkets head John Catsimatidis, who gave $50,000 via his United Refining oil company.
- Hedge fund king Louis Bacon, who’s handed over $500,000 so far.
- Jim Davis, who made his fortune with New Balance sneakers and has donated $1 million.
- Citadel hedge fund chief Ken Griffin has handed over $2.85 million since December.
- Greenwich-based hedge funder Paul Tudor-Jones II kicked in $200,000.
- New York investor Thomas Kaplan wrote a check for $100,000.
- While neither Charles nor David Koch has given publicly to a Romney-backing super PAC this cycle, David’s twin brother Bill,“the other Koch”, has given $2 million total, both personally and via his Oxbow Carbon company.
- New York hedge funder Bruce Kovner opened his wallet to the tune of $500,000.
- Leveraged buyout pioneer Henry Kravis followed suit with a $100,000 gift.
- Hotel heirs Bill and Richard Marriott have given $1 million each to the cause.
Thomson Reuters
AdChoices
Publications
Free Trial Issue
Subscriber Services
Buy Back Issues
2012 Forbes.com LLC™ All Rights Reserved
Recommended+ find more to follow.
Mitt Romney donors

Victorville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Why these big business given plenty of money to Mitt Romney, Because they want him to wins these company the one can benifited on his becoming President. Not the middle class/poor poeple.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of46
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••