Former Filipino - Am I still under Ph...

Former Filipino - Am I still under Philippines jurisdiction?

Posted in the Filipino-American Forum

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#1 Jun 15, 2014
Hi! I am former Filipino and now a US citizen, I didn't know the time I left Philippines that the father of my children who asked me to sign a blank paper will use my signature to make a marriage certificate. He asked me to sign a blank paper saying that he will consult his lawyer to make a letter that I cannot oblique him for our children's maintenance. I never love him and he just rape me when I got pregnant I always wanted to escape from him but unfortunately my parents insist to send me back to him because they will not allow me to live with them as an additional expenses to them that I since I bore a child with him, I should make him take care of me and my children. I manage to go and work abroad without realising he had produced a fake marriage certificate and I don't know how did he manage to forward it to NSO declaring I am married to him. I just found out recently with NSO that this marriage certificate exist after applying for a CENOMAR. The time I went abroad 20 years back then I met a US citizen and we got married, assuming I am still single in my country records they never required anything from me in order to marry my US husband. After 20 years I went home using my US passport. I was told by my own mother that I have a marriage certificate with this Filipino and due to curiosity I applied for a CENOMAR and it did say that I am married to this Filipino and also married to my US husband. What do I need to do? I am now just US passport holder and US citizen alone, I am no longer Filipino citizen or dual passport holder. What is my status? If I decided to get a dual citizenship will this risk me for a bigamy? Do I need to file for an annulment even though I am not aware of this marriage existence? Thanks in advanced.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Filipino-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
communicating with family overseas (Mar '17) 14 hr U should 11
I need somebody who speaks Tagalog and English ... Nov 12 abrere 1
News Our Diversity: Getting their stories told Nov 12 Parvo1970 1
Why do West Asians and South Asians racist agai... Oct '17 It comes back 3
News Filipinos raped by Japanese WWII troops demand ... (Jan '16) Oct '17 Gross 7
Help tranalating to english pls? Oct '17 No fobs 2
help translating tagalog Oct '17 No fobs 3
More from around the web