created by: Curtis Lowe | Jun 1, 2008

Asian-American

2,272 votes

Why are asian Americans smart and successful?

Click on an option to vote

• Strong sense of family
  • Great work ethic
  • Success before pride
  • Limited psycho baggage
  • Quiet, but persistent
  • They keep life simple
  • Not afraid to take risks
  • Shrewd negotiators
  • No chip on their shoulders
  • No sense of entitlement
Comments
81 - 100 of 423 Comments Last updated Wednesday Aug 20
andet1987

Arlington Heights, IL

#87 Nov 13, 2009
Some Asian guy wrote:
<quoted text>
If both of them are correct then which one is the correct one...? I think maybe your trying to say that they are backwards so that is why they do not want to migrate to America, but that doesn't make any sense.
When immigrants become American citizens and 'take away' jobs, they stay in America and are American citizens. The money they save are in American banks, the houses they live in are built by American contractors. They contribute to the 'American' economy. They build businesses that provide jobs for Americans. What I meant when I said foreign people who do not plan on living in American come and work there. They save and bring their money back to their home country. The money they make are sent back to their home country to buy a house there, to buy a car there. The money is flowing out of America and into their own countries, which in turn powers their economy.
This is basically what has been happening to America's manufacturing sector, they outsource all their manufacturing needs to countries like China. A lot of people in America don't know how to save, they don't know how to invest. They like trivialities, Iphones, Ipods, plasma TV's, the latest computer, the best car. Most of these things do not contribute to productivity, at best they provide a function, you don't need the biggest 60 inch plasma tv that costs 10k. A slightly smaller one would do just as well.
I think it's quite funny that there are people complaining that people don't spend their money to power the economy, it's absolutely laughable. Maybe it's a sign of how effective the media is at convincing the average American that buying a plasma TV is going to get the country out of debt. They've got it the other way around. If the business can't survive, let it die. A recession trims the fat away from muscle, it is the useless products, the plasma TV, the toy, the luxury hand bag businesses that is weeded out.
If you want to contribute to the country, invest in businesses that do good for the country. Don't buy useless products.
The fact is that most of these products are produced in China. The spendthrift American's are the one who are most contributing to the downfall of their country.
Anyway I've gone out of topic. sorry.
Sorry for the confusion, just trying to help, no offense intended.

they're vs their

Examples:

They're wearing the same shirts.(or They are wearing the same shirts.)

Their shirts are the same.(This is possessive.)
Some Asian guy

Ipoh, Malaysia

#88 Nov 16, 2009
@andet1987
This is what u said.

"they're still backwards" is the correct one.
"they're not looking" is the correct one.

What I said is that if you think both are correct, which one is the correct one.

Do you have some sort of problem understanding english?
andet1987

Arlington Heights, IL

#89 Nov 17, 2009
Some Asian guy wrote:
@andet1987
This is what u said.
"they're still backwards" is the correct one.
"they're not looking" is the correct one.
What I said is that if you think both are correct, which one is the correct one.
Do you have some sort of problem understanding english?
>>>>Black's are physically stronger, but their dumb as hell. Their average IQ is well below the average and it shows in how successful black people have been in society. Nobody is oppressing the black people. Their just a really dumb race, nobody wants to say this out loud so I'm going to do it right now. It's a fact, and people ought to acknowledge it instead of burying their head in the sand because their afraid it's going to cause an outroar, the same way people ought to clamp down on Muslim extremism, instead people are too afraid of being politically incorrect.>>>>

Their average IQ = This is correct.
Their head = This is correct.

Their just really dumb race = This is wrong. It should be "They're just really dumb race." or "They are just really dumb race."
youareadumbmothe rfucker

Orange, CA

#90 Dec 28, 2009
Well then explain why the US owes China 800 millions dollars (wikipedia) and that it owes greatest debts to China and Japan?(Yes, google it, it's true)

If China asks for that money overnight, the US goes bankrupt!

Since: Jan 10

San Isidro, TX

#91 Jan 13, 2010
Hard work and faith In Christ is the key to success.

"What is victory if one has not suffered?"
newyorker

New York, NY

#93 Feb 12, 2010
youareadumbmotherfucker wrote:
Well then explain why the US owes China 800 millions dollars (wikipedia) and that it owes greatest debts to China and Japan?(Yes, google it, it's true)
If China asks for that money overnight, the US goes bankrupt!
yea but those are in treasury bonds and bills. we don't owe them until years later.....with interests.

China is def a rising power. They just have too much ppl. Most Mac products are made in China for crying out loud yet Americans are willing to buy it, usually retail.

“Rudeness is the weak man's”

Since: Nov 08

imitation of strength.

#94 Feb 13, 2010
newyorker wrote:
<quoted text>
yea but those are in treasury bonds and bills. we don't owe them until years later.....with interests.
China is def a rising power. They just have too much ppl. Most Mac products are made in China for crying out loud yet Americans are willing to buy it, usually retail.
PC's are made there too. Check your labels. Most of the stuff you own came from China. Even products made here have Chinese parts.
angie

Cypress, CA

#95 Mar 3, 2010
Because they study. american education system is a joke, it's not hard to excel here when 90% of your classmates are lowering the standard so much for you already.
Sam

San Pablo, CA

#96 Mar 27, 2010
Asian are smarter? Some. Same goes for whites. Ever heard of the name "Bill gate". Asian are smarter than most race(s). Also they depend on tools and people(s) a lot. White people are much taller that's why they're lazy for the most part.

Black's are physically stronger than most races. As for intelligent? They're the least smartest of the bunch. Then Again the have a leader in U.S.A. Asians have no leader in the U.S.A, matter of fact most of them are followers.

I can't give props to asian people because of of them look hella ugly. I mean if you guys was smart, why can't you look good? or get taller? Trying to speak down at other race(s) when 80% of your population are poor.

Oh yeah, they also such in english. W.T.F is me so horny or me sucky sucky for $2?
I'll admit SOME Asian people are smart. But they always end up being dumb later on in life; It's a fact. Asian(s) don't get smarter, most likely they will end giving up by the age of 49 , while this world still move on.

On yeah , I'm asian and I like white girls way more than asian girls. Take that to the bank.
andet1987

Arlington Heights, IL

#97 Mar 27, 2010
Sam wrote:
Asian are smarter? Some. Same goes for whites. Ever heard of the name "Bill gate". Asian are smarter than most race(s). Also they depend on tools and people(s) a lot. White people are much taller that's why they're lazy for the most part.
Black's are physically stronger than most races. As for intelligent? They're the least smartest of the bunch. Then Again the have a leader in U.S.A. Asians have no leader in the U.S.A, matter of fact most of them are followers.
I can't give props to asian people because of of them look hella ugly. I mean if you guys was smart, why can't you look good? or get taller? Trying to speak down at other race(s) when 80% of your population are poor.
Oh yeah, they also such in english. W.T.F is me so horny or me sucky sucky for $2?
I'll admit SOME Asian people are smart. But they always end up being dumb later on in life; It's a fact. Asian(s) don't get smarter, most likely they will end giving up by the age of 49 , while this world still move on.
On yeah , I'm asian and I like white girls way more than asian girls. Take that to the bank.
i am gay Asian. i like White men. my bf is White. i believe MOST Asians, male or female, prefer White people.
MeHungLo

Greenville, NC

#98 Mar 27, 2010
Still Twisted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yknow you people really should stop talking about white vs Asian. The measure of one's intelligence stems in their ability to succeed. When a majority of any race succeeds, that pretty much shows that race's intelligence. This being said, Asians and whites are equally intelligent. One side might be better at one thing or the other, but that doesn't matter at all. I'm pretty sure that if the world saw some great catastrophe tomorrow, it would be the whites and Asians who would rebuild move forward. The other race (you've heard enough to know who I'm talking about) would not be able to 'deal' with it. Really, one day, only two races will exist and the world will then...and only then...live in total harmony. Guess which two?
I would agree. The other race is good in sports though!
sam

Glasgow, UK

#99 Apr 4, 2010
gf,we rule :)
Boca

Palm City, FL

#100 Apr 13, 2010
Why certainly!
Timeo Asian Immigrant

Los Angeles, CA

#101 Apr 15, 2010
Why are Asian Americans smart and successful?
Wrong in the root.
Everyone who comes from harsher environments values United States much more than native peops, who've been spoiled by what they already have.
So of course, sufferers treasure opportunities and could live lives to the fullest.
To be honest, I spend time studying because I'm not smart enough to understand fast and need a dictionary.
A full live ends up with a family by the way :), that's why noone cares about awards and monkeying on the moon, douchebag Andet1987
Ricebomb

Astoria, NY

#102 Apr 17, 2010
This is not true

www.ricebomb.com
anon

Denton, TX

#103 Jun 23, 2010
kenneth delancey wrote:
you have made some valid arguments pamela.i happen to be a vietnam veteran and when i returned to the usa in 1974 i got into the hair business.over the years the vietnamese began to come into the hair business through the various programs and apprentiships available.i used to earn a pretty good living in the hair business until 100's of salons started opening all over the place under vietnamese ownership.i complained about the decline in business to my brother who said,whats the matter cant you compete with them.and then i said no because they are not supposed to be here in the first place for me to have to compete with.by the way,i have hired many vietnamese people to work in my shops over the years but the vitnamese will not hire white people to work in their shops and if i set up a salon in vietnam and gave them competition in their country they would burn my shop down to the ground.hahahhahahahaha
You need to consider that these people probably do not speak english very well and whatever english they do speak they've had to learn at an older age. If a white person applied to work in their shops, they would not be the same as a vietnamese person applying to work at a "white" shop. This is because a vietnamese person would attempt to master at least basic english with an appropriate palette of words. Unless the white person would learn vietnamese, it just wouldn't be the same.

You could also argue that this is america and you shouldn't need to learn vietnamese. The only difference is that all humans, so as that they are not violating the, have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. This means that they inherently have as much of a right to compete with you on the market as anyone else.

Also; I highly doubt they would burn you to the ground. There are brits who start businesses in china all the time and are making lots and lots of money. China and Vietnam are now very capitalistic states and probably wouldn't mind your business.

“Rudeness is the weak man's”

Since: Nov 08

imitation of strength.

#104 Jun 23, 2010
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to consider that these people probably do not speak english very well and whatever english they do speak they've had to learn at an older age. If a white person applied to work in their shops, they would not be the same as a vietnamese person applying to work at a "white" shop. This is because a vietnamese person would attempt to master at least basic english with an appropriate palette of words. Unless the white person would learn vietnamese, it just wouldn't be the same.
You could also argue that this is america and you shouldn't need to learn vietnamese. The only difference is that all humans, so as that they are not violating the, have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. This means that they inherently have as much of a right to compete with you on the market as anyone else.
Also; I highly doubt they would burn you to the ground. There are brits who start businesses in china all the time and are making lots and lots of money. China and Vietnam are now very capitalistic states and probably wouldn't mind your business.
I go where I wish and a person's ethnicity does not make a difference to me. The nail shop I go to is friendly and I enjoy their company. They are Vietnamese.
xXLayXx

Brea, CA

#105 Jul 1, 2010
andet1987 wrote:
if asians are smart, why is it that they have not landed on the moon ? why is it that every year, the whites always receive the Nobel Prize in different categories ? why is it that the best jeopardy contestant is a white, ken jennings ? why is it that the whites are the greatest invetors ? why is it that the whites are the world's superpower ?
^_^ Notice that there's a difference about Asians in Asian countries, and the Asians who are living in the U.S (or other well-develop countries). I would say because they don't have the opportunity to achieve. Most immigrants value the education and the opportunities that the government grants to them. Especially in communist Asian countries, they don't have many options because of poverty. But they still work hard to survive, they don't just sit there and wait for death. I wonder what would happen to the American immigrants if the 2 race switches role in this situation.
Diversity

New York, NY

#106 Jul 1, 2010
andet1987 wrote:
if asians are smart, why is it that they have not landed on the moon ? why is it that every year, the whites always receive the Nobel Prize in different categories ? why is it that the best jeopardy contestant is a white, ken jennings ? why is it that the whites are the greatest invetors ? why is it that the whites are the world's superpower ?
From this old post, I do agree that Asians have lagged Whites for several centuries already when it came to innovation and modernity. Perhaps in the 21st century they will be in equal footing or surpass what Westerners have achieved. During the Italian Renaissance and up to the 18th Century, Europeans still regarded China as being more superior. It's ironic since China during these few hundred years were on the wane, yet still being admired by the Europeans who displaced them in almost everything. People just need to realized that mankind can achieve many things regardless of race or nationality.
KABAR10

Elizabethtown, PA

#107 Jul 16, 2010
andet1987 wrote:
Maybe they prefer not to participate in public events like Jeopardy, and what about the invention of gun powder and paper?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asian-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Non blacks/humans outnumber blacks globally LMF... 1 hr human vs erectus ... 3
Why is Japan so powerful? (Apr '10) 4 hr asfdsaf 11
Asian girl probs 4 hr Kimmy_is_here 1
Do asian girls like black guys. Be honest! (Apr '11) 4 hr Sophie 1,856
White guys and Asian girls = gross? 4 hr Hello 10
Did michael brown think it was black boy day? 12 hr human vs erectus ... 1
Blacks hate seeing Asian women with white men L... 13 hr human vs erectus ... 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••