Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#61 Jun 2, 2012
TheJazuma wrote:
<quoted text>
No, AussiPino. It means you are fishing for reactions by provoking the person as indicated through you're addiction of dragging me into random convos and posting insults in hopes of getting a reaction. Well, newsflash you got the reaction. Now what else do you want? Did your GP not provide you with another prescription? or did you decide that you are "stable" enough to not take meds?
You are not "practical" or "realistic" at all. As per usual, you return back to cyclical hypocrisy with the "denial" comment. Perhaps if you spent less time worrying about another person's image, you will get a "real" girlfriend?
Congratulations, you have gone from trolling to flaming. 1 point to you.
1/10 for effort only.
Oh this is rich. You just can't take it can ya?

You are a bitch.

“To be or not to be”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#62 Jun 2, 2012
mak from NYC wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand corrected, foot binding to some was a status symbol back before the 20th century.
I've heard conflicting stories from relatives concerning the matter.
If it was just about "status symbol" then this foot binding should have happened in India where there was a caste system. But no it happened only in China. There must be other reasons like the social postition of women in China in general, male domination etc..?

AZN

Scarborough, Canada

#63 Jun 2, 2012
Hate to admit it.

But Chinese are the wimpiest of all east asian races. Most Chinese are selfish and cowardly.

They will never even fight back to save their own lives, honour and property.

Never even once have I ever seen any serious effort by the Chinese to group together for mutual protection.

They just keep on taking shit. And so they just keep on getting bullied by the others.

“To be or not to be”

Location hidden

#64 Jun 3, 2012
The Chinese do group themselves in family clans and ethnic clans. The Fujians have their own clan, the Hakka likewise. The westerners call them Chinese so we think they are all the same people all over China. The Chinese themselves know it better. There are different ethnic groups living in China and they don't always get along with each other. What the westerners call China town is in fact what the Chinese themselves call Tang town. (as in Tang dynasty). Not all Chinese identify themselves as Tang
AZN

Scarborough, Canada

#65 Jun 3, 2012
-TheExam- wrote:
The Chinese do group themselves in family clans and ethnic clans. The Fujians have their own clan, the Hakka likewise. The westerners call them Chinese so we think they are all the same people all over China. The Chinese themselves know it better. There are different ethnic groups living in China and they don't always get along with each other. What the westerners call China town is in fact what the Chinese themselves call Tang town.(as in Tang dynasty). Not all Chinese identify themselves as Tang
It doesn't matter if they are hakka, fujian, cantonese etc.

None of them stand together when attacked by outsiders. They only fight against other etnicities who have a similar physical appearence to themselves.

“To be or not to be”

Location hidden

#66 Jun 4, 2012
China warns travellers to Canada after killing of student

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/...

The warning was posted to the Embassy’s website in Chinese on Friday, but left out of its English and French statements on the homicide. It comes amid growing discussion in China of whether Canada remains a safe place to travel and study.

The grisly murder of Concordia University computer science student Lin Jun, allegedly at the hands of fugitive Luka Rocca Magnotta, has provoked widespread shock and anger in China, where many believe the crime was racially motivated. It was the second killing of a Chinese student in Canada in just over a year, following last April’s murder of York University student Liu Qian, part of which was watched on Skype by her boyfriend back in China.
AssKicker

Brookline, MA

#68 Jun 17, 2012
I don't take shit from anybody. I'm not big and strong, but I will bully a bully and teach them how to be a polite gentleman. Don't characterize our people as docile pushovers or I'll take you down for 2 points.

Use your minds more. Asian history should the the richest and longest in the world. We had great civilizations when people couldn't read and made up names for themselves. Our people work hard and study hard and don't fool around with our futures. We don't waste time in our lives as much either. We achieve in a generation while our parents work immigrant jobs what others take 3 or more generations to accomplish.

Since: Jan 08

Jamaica, NY

#69 Jun 17, 2012
AssKicker wrote:
I don't take shit from anybody. I'm not big and strong, but I will bully a bully and teach them how to be a polite gentleman. Don't characterize our people as docile pushovers or I'll take you down for 2 points.
Use your minds more. Asian history should the the richest and longest in the world. We had great civilizations when people couldn't read and made up names for themselves. Our people work hard and study hard and don't fool around with our futures. We don't waste time in our lives as much either. We achieve in a generation while our parents work immigrant jobs what others take 3 or more generations to accomplish.
Yes, the way of the Asian Americans.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#70 Jun 17, 2012
-TheExam- wrote:
<quoted text>China's problem is its big population. A big war in the East sea with the USA+Philippines will probably cause the collapse of the current regime because the people will lose jobs and starve. That's why they have to play it soft. By claiming the whole East sea for themselves is already more than assertive.
However, wanting to be assertive is one thing, but do Chinese men have the means to be assertive is another thing. For more than 1000 years, Chinese men were born by mothers with crippled lotus feet who had be be carried most of the time, because of their bound feet. How could their sons possibly be strong, healthy and assertive in live? It will take them probably 1000 years more to undo the wrong they have made when they invented foot binding to make beautiful cute lotus shaped feet
My great grandmom was one of those women who had bound feet
AZN

Scarborough, Canada

#71 Jun 17, 2012
AssKicker wrote:
Glad to know your aquaintance. Now pass your attitude around so that more asians can pick it up.
Mytummy

Noble Park, Australia

#72 Aug 8, 2012
I'm a god and every race should bow down to me or they should be trashed into a rubbish bin for all i care
Jest3rlux

Box Hill, Australia

#73 Aug 8, 2012
AussiPino wrote:
<quoted text>
If Asians are more masculine according to your explanation, then why are Asians in general appear to be more feminine compared to other races, both physically and culturally?
I agree that Asians as a race have developed many techniques and traits such as the greater percentage of our brains is dedicated to visual-spatial manipulation that was advantageous for hunting. This is the reason why East Asians such as Chinese, Koreans and Japanese have their writing characters and an average person would have to know at least 15,000 character to be able to read simple things. Asians have better memory skills because they visually can memorize things. You look at Asian international students in Universities. Even though their English is not as good as Naive English speakers, they can memorize text very well and that is why they do well in theory exams.
In general, Westerners tend to be more practical whereas Asians tend to be more academic.
Asian men have the least masculine features, not to sound offensive or anything but some even look like women. That's why asian guys can pass themself of as women better than any other men.
The ladyboys of thailand even look better than average women.
Jest3rlux

Box Hill, Australia

#74 Aug 8, 2012
Mytummy wrote:
I'm a god and every race should bow down to me or they should be trashed into a rubbish bin for all i care
there is no master race there is only the human race.
Jest3rlux

Brisbane, Australia

#75 Aug 9, 2012
My reasons why although there could be a whole host of other reasons why.

1. mass media reinforcing stereotypes of east asian men and a whole host of other negative stereotypes e.g asian men are emasculated so that they might not even be perceived to be real men, thus they're not much of a threat to men of other ethnicities. But at least asians don't have it worse.

2. In certain parts of the world especially in parts of europe and the US, not the case in Australia where they have policies againts it, where its citizens are isolated and there is limited media access you'll find these people to be pretty ignorant and racist towards other cultures not just east asians. The people there are prejudiced.

3. Could just be the person themself who had a tough upbringing and very limited education or is in a state of miserable circumstances or has had bad experiences with asians might use racism as a tool to undermine asian men as an ego boost to their insecurity and jealousy.

This topic also relates to the other topic "why white men hate hot asian guys".

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#76 Aug 9, 2012
AussiPino wrote:
<quoted text>East Asians are not discriminated the most. Blacks and Middle-Easterners get discriminated more than East Asians. Blacks are stereotyped as lazy, anti-social dancers and Middle-Easterners are stereotyped as crafty, shady, pushy, arrogant, inbred backward specimens.

Everyone gets discriminated in some form. The only group that doesn't get discriminated as much are Whites.

East Asians are financially-assimilated with Whites compared to Latinos and Blacks so that's a positive note to mention. Pretty soon East-Asians will be a driving economic force in the West as Asian economies continue to rise. Even the Philippines will be one of the largest economies in the world and by 2050, the Philippines will be the 16th largest economy.

We Asians need to become more assertive and gain respect from others and fix up our passive, pushover stereotypes.
I agree with what you said about quote quote "...everyone gets discriminated in some form. The only group that doesn't get discriminated as much are whites..." but I would like to add central Asians...
Clueless

Sydney, Australia

#77 Aug 9, 2012
Jenny_Kim wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with what you said about quote quote "...everyone gets discriminated in some form. The only group that doesn't get discriminated as much are whites..." but I would like to add central Asians...
central Asians are discriminated in Russia.
Central Asians can look like anyone due to the wider range of phenotypes there. Some can look white, some Asian, and most look like hapas, but they speak Turkic languages and Russian due to their Soviet history.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#78 Aug 9, 2012
Clueless wrote:
<quoted text>central Asians are discriminated in Russia.
Central Asians can look like anyone due to the wider range of phenotypes there. Some can look white, some Asian, and most look like hapas, but they speak Turkic languages and Russian due to their Soviet history.
Well aren't they cool? To look like something but actually speak something different ?
Clueless

Sydney, Australia

#79 Aug 9, 2012
Jenny_Kim wrote:
<quoted text>
Well aren't they cool? To look like something but actually speak something different ?
they are also muslim.
very cool bunch of people.
Hum

Fredericton, Canada

#81 Mar 19, 2013
First of all, I think you have to differentiate between "East-Asians" and "East Asian Americans". East Asians and East Asian American are different... East Asians don't get any discrimination in Asia countries.. For example, if you go to Japan, White people get more discrimination than Japanese! I don't think you mean East Asians... I think you mean East Asian Americans.
East Asian American gets more discrimination than others in America because they're minority... Less than 5% in America are East Asian American... Most of Asians in America are not Asian American but are foreigners, new immigrants, international students, or etc. That's why they cannot speak English well. Asian American can speak English well.. They tend to be physically more like white or black American. They tend to be taller and heavier I guess. I also found that most of Asian Americans are married to non-Asian Americans since they're minority in America and they tend to be hard-working and economically stable, especially Japanese Americans. More than 50% of Japanese Americans are married to non-Japanese Americans.(Most of them are married to Whites then Latino… and so on). Then, Filipino, Korean… Half Asian kids usually don’t play with Asians… they usually play with white (if they’re like half white and half Asian) and they usually play with blacks (if they’re like half black and half Asian)…. Some of them don’t even look like they have Asian blood in their body so… some of them don't really belong to Asian American anymore. That's why in America, I think most people like to define Asian American as Asians sometimes...
Human Revolution

Newark, OH

#82 Mar 22, 2013
I would have to agree with Auss, and how Blacks and Middle Easterners are discriminated against the most.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asian-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Immigration: What we can learn from Canada 9 hr JohnInToronto 3
Why do some Asian women date very ugly White men 12 hr Ram 2
What's w/ the hate on blasians? 16 hr DerekJ 37
Indian Men and Chinese Girls Fri Celestial emperor 2
Wouldn't it be nice if all blacks were extermin... Fri God Man 10
No disrespect, but What happened to your eyes? Dec 24 Adam 12
Asian unity to Prevent Western "Pivot to Asia” ... Dec 24 Asian power 5
More from around the web