Why are why guys so pervy and despera...

Since: Jan 08

New York, NY

#22 Jan 22, 2012
Sarah wrote:
Actually white men prefer white women!
95% of Whites are married to each other in America. So the evidence is very strong Whites prefer each other.

But since Asians are only 5% of America's population, a case can be made the supply is not enough for demand.

“phresh, bruh”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#23 Mar 11, 2012
Aznpersuasion wrote:
I get hit on by lots of old nasty white guys. I've had some tell me how much they love asian culture just to impress me, yet they don't even bother to look up the history behind what they're talking about and the creep me out. One guy told me he learned Chinese with the hopes of getting a Chinese wife. How pathetic.
Reason why all these "old nasty white men" hit on you because they buy into that sterotype that all asian like white men. They also think even if I'm ugly, old and etc. I can still get a date with an asian girl.
[QUOTE who=Aznpersuasion"]Some white guys are hot, but why so desperate?[/QUOTE]
It's called a fetish. Yellow fever. Or maybe they just think you're an easy target. Pow! Right in the kisser'3'
Aznpersuasion wrote:
Is it because we look better than white girls, have better bodies, age better?

Don't flatter your too much. Any women of any race can have those qualities. Being a certain race doesn't make you have good looks or a good body.
Aznpersuasion wrote:
We also have prettier hair unlike white girls with thin hair.
You're buying into sterotypes. Not to be mean, but that's what you get. It's only fair that all these old or creepy white guys hit on you. You're making it seem as you're superior, sh#t get over yourself. One race of women is not better than another. If you buy into these sterotypes they will too. Btw- anybody can have good hair if you take good care of it.
Ugh....*n*frustration
Navi

Kamloops, Canada

#24 Mar 11, 2012
One of my best friends (she's Asian) have this type of "nice guy" friend (who's white). He has the biggest crush on her and she noticed that only after I poited that out. Anyway, the point is - he always tells her (as a friend) that he goes out on dates and the girls are exchange students from China, who can barely if at all speak English. He recently had a breakdown, because one of them had to go back home after semester ended and he was all heartbroken and kept saying how pretty she was. My friend was extremely offended and I can get why - it's not flattering when this kind of things happen, don't you think? I mean it wouldn't be the case if they actually could talk and get to know each other, but this particular situation is just wrong.

“phresh, bruh”

Location hidden

#25 Mar 11, 2012
Navi wrote:
One of my best friends (she's Asian) have this type of "nice guy" friend (who's white). He has the biggest crush on her and she noticed that only after I poited that out. Anyway, the point is - he always tells her (as a friend) that he goes out on dates and the girls are exchange students from China, who can barely if at all speak English. He recently had a breakdown, because one of them had to go back home after semester ended and he was all heartbroken and kept saying how pretty she was. My friend was extremely offended and I can get why - it's not flattering when this kind of things happen, don't you think? I mean it wouldn't be the case if they actually could talk and get to know each other, but this particular situation is just wrong.

Yeah, I agree. The fact that he didn't get to know these girls and ended up heart broken. The weird fetish thing creeps me out. So when someone says they will only date a certain race for some sterotype. It mostly pisses me off because they're sterotyping. Especially the asian ones and the bw ones. I'm no fruit cake I will kick your as$ if you cross me. The bw sterotypes piss off too because I happened black female friends and they're not like all those sterotypes. I liked to consider every one equal. The skin color thing pissess me off too. Grrr... Lol- get my drift? Lol- I sound so angry :p whoops!

“phresh, bruh”

Location hidden

#26 Mar 11, 2012
Error ^^ I happened to have
Grouch

London, UK

#27 Mar 12, 2012
mak from NYC wrote:
<quoted text>
95% of Whites are married to each other in America. So the evidence is very strong Whites prefer each other.
But since Asians are only 5% of America's population, a case can be made the supply is not enough for demand.
46% of single Asian American women co-habitat with white men, as opposed to 42% who choose to co-habitat with their fellow Asian.

I don't care what anybody says, those nasty Asian American women have an unhealthy fetish for white guys.
Navi

Kamloops, Canada

#28 Mar 12, 2012
Grouch wrote:
<quoted text>
46% of single Asian American women co-habitat with white men, as opposed to 42% who choose to co-habitat with their fellow Asian.
I don't care what anybody says, those nasty Asian American women have an unhealthy fetish for white guys.
How is it unhealthy?
TheJazuma

Rockdale, Australia

#29 Mar 12, 2012
Grouch wrote:
<quoted text>
where's your proof.
Grouch

London, UK

#30 Mar 13, 2012
Navi wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it unhealthy?
Asian American women have the highest STD rate in the United States. Four times higher than Asian men and every other racial group.

Now that's very unhealthy and you need to think about it the next time you go muff diving on some Asian putang.
Grouch

London, UK

#31 Mar 13, 2012
TheJazuma wrote:
<quoted text>
where's your proof.
What do you care, you're gay.

BTW, I thought you changed your name from The Jazuma to The Gayzuma.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#32 Mar 13, 2012
Interracial dating and marriage is a natural phenomenon in the countries where people of different races live together. Of course, the proportion of interracial couples is smaller than in the imaginary experiment where partners are paired in a totally random way. It shows that we do have a preference to date and marry people from our own racial group… But this is hardly a surprising fact.

More interesting patterns can be discovered if we take a deeper look into statistics. One of such patterns – when it comes to Asians, and especially Chinese – is related to the gender disparity in interracial marriages. That is, the number of Chinese women marrying white men is 2 to 3 times higher than the reverse tendency (Chinese men marrying white women).

Interracial marriages: possible explanations for gender disparity
Different explanations have been offered for this phenomenon. Here are some of them:

Women more often than men have chances to actualize their desire to marry up and marrying a white partner helps to increase the social status;
Western women are more emancipated and their independence is a turn-off for men who look for more traditional Asian women. Thus, Westerners enter the competition with Asian men for their own females;
Related to the latter is a so-called “Asian Fetish” of some white men coupled with the objectification of Asian women.
As you can see, all these hypotheses have rather negative connotations. That’s why I was very happy to find a recent study which suggested a totally different framework. I refer to a paper “Anthropometry of Love” published two years ago by Michèle Belot and Jan Fidrmuc.

First, they explained why current theories fail to reflect the gender asymmetries observed in the interethnic marriages. For example, the socio-economic reasoning falls short because:

The data show that black men who intermarry tend to be less educated than those who intramarry and black women are generally more educated than black men yet it is the black men who are more likely to intermarry with whites.

Interracial marriages: alternative explanation for gender disparity
So, what alternative has been proposed by the aforementioned research?

Well… its hypothesis is so simple, that it really made me wonder why Belot and Fidrmuc were the first researchers to test it. They speculated and confirmed that the large part of gender asymmetries can be explained by the height distributions among different races and the universal preference for “taller husband”!

Location hidden

#33 Mar 13, 2012
On average, blacks are taller than Asians and are of similar height as whites. This rule implies that black males should fare better in the white marriage market than East and South Asian men while the opposite should hold for black and Asian women. We present empirical evidence in support of this hypothesis using data from the Health Survey for England (2004) and the Millenium Cohort Study (2000), which shows that the height preference rule is indeed a very good predictor of the probability of intermarrying with whites.

Those who are interested to see the detailed statistical analysis standing behind this conclusion can follow the link to the original research. Honestly speaking, after initial surprise, I began thinking that no matter how simple (and maybe even simplistic) this explanation is, it can be much closer to truth than many other twisted and complicated theories.

I remember once reading very curious statistics(sorry, but I couldn’t find the source on internet). Researchers analyzed various aspects in which man and woman in heterosexual couples are NOT similar. Then they rated these differences by incidence. Guess what kind of difference was the rarest one?

It wasn’t the difference in political views or big age gap; neither was it the presence vs. lack of previous sexual experience, different race, religion, education, financial situation, dietary habits or any other difference you would think of. Paradoxically, the rarest occurrence among married couples was of those where woman was taller than man!!

Of course, it doesn’t make the pill sweeter for Asian men or Black women, but it kind of “cleans” White men from the accusations in perversive motives. And it gives a simple explanation to Dr. Hubinette’s question why “Even the adopted men from East and Southeast Asia have in today’s Sweden obvious difficulties to find (Swedish) female partners.”

Since this post cites academic sources, let me conclude with another quote from an interesting paper. Ray Fisman et al. analyzed the racial preferences of Columbia University students who participated in speed dating sessions over the course of two years. Fisman writes:

We found no evidence of the stereotype of a white male preference for East Asian women. However, we also found that East Asian women did not discriminate against white men (only against black and Hispanic men). As a result, the White man-Asian woman pairing was the most common form of interracial dating—but because of the women’s neutrality, not the men’s pronounced preference.

Now, that’s a real surprise! Does it mean that the real victims of Yellow Fever are White men? Or maybe from now on it should be called White Fever?:lol:

Student of Yellow/White Fever Studies, Crystal Tao

Reference: http://www.lovelovechina.com/relations/chines...

Location hidden

#34 Mar 13, 2012
Interracial dating and marriage is a natural phenomenon in the countries where people of different races live together. Of course, the proportion of interracial couples is smaller than in the imaginary experiment where partners are paired in a totally random way. It shows that we do have a preference to date and marry people from our own racial group… But this is hardly a surprising fact.

More interesting patterns can be discovered if we take a deeper look into statistics. One of such patterns – when it comes to Asians, and especially Chinese – is related to the gender disparity in interracial marriages. That is, the number of Chinese women marrying white men is 2 to 3 times higher than the reverse tendency (Chinese men marrying white women).

Interracial marriages: possible explanations for gender disparity
Different explanations have been offered for this phenomenon. Here are some of them:

Women more often than men have chances to actualize their desire to marry up and marrying a white partner helps to increase the social status;
Western women are more emancipated and their independence is a turn-off for men who look for more traditional Asian women. Thus, Westerners enter the competition with Asian men for their own females;
Related to the latter is a so-called “Asian Fetish” of some white men coupled with the objectification of Asian women.
As you can see, all these hypotheses have rather negative connotations. That’s why I was very happy to find a recent study which suggested a totally different framework. I refer to a paper “Anthropometry of Love” published two years ago by Michèle Belot and Jan Fidrmuc.

First, they explained why current theories fail to reflect the gender asymmetries observed in the interethnic marriages. For example, the socio-economic reasoning falls short because:

The data show that black men who intermarry tend to be less educated than those who intramarry and black women are generally more educated than black men yet it is the black men who are more likely to intermarry with whites.

Interracial marriages: alternative explanation for gender disparity
So, what alternative has been proposed by the aforementioned research?

Well… its hypothesis is so simple, that it really made me wonder why Belot and Fidrmuc were the first researchers to test it. They speculated and confirmed that the large part of gender asymmetries can be explained by the height distributions among different races and the universal preference for “taller husband”!

On average, blacks are taller than Asians and are of similar height as whites. This rule implies that black males should fare better in the white marriage market than East and South Asian men while the opposite should hold for black and Asian women. We present empirical evidence in support of this hypothesis using data from the Health Survey for England (2004) and the Millenium Cohort Study (2000), which shows that the height preference rule is indeed a very good predictor of the probability of intermarrying with whites.

Those who are interested to see the detailed statistical analysis standing behind this conclusion can follow the link to the original research. Honestly speaking, after initial surprise, I began thinking that no matter how simple (and maybe even simplistic) this explanation is, it can be much closer to truth than many other twisted and complicated theories.

I remember once reading very curious statistics(sorry, but I couldn’t find the source on internet). Researchers analyzed various aspects in which man and woman in heterosexual couples are NOT similar. Then they rated these differences by incidence. Guess what kind of difference was the rarest one?

Location hidden

#35 Mar 13, 2012
It wasn’t the difference in political views or big age gap; neither was it the presence vs. lack of previous sexual experience, different race, religion, education, financial situation, dietary habits or any other difference you would think of. Paradoxically, the rarest occurrence among married couples was of those where woman was taller than man!!

Of course, it doesn’t make the pill sweeter for Asian men or Black women, but it kind of “cleans” White men from the accusations in perversive motives. And it gives a simple explanation to Dr. Hubinette’s question why “Even the adopted men from East and Southeast Asia have in today’s Sweden obvious difficulties to find (Swedish) female partners.”

Since this post cites academic sources, let me conclude with another quote from an interesting paper. Ray Fisman et al. analyzed the racial preferences of Columbia University students who participated in speed dating sessions over the course of two years. Fisman writes:

We found no evidence of the stereotype of a white male preference for East Asian women. However, we also found that East Asian women did not discriminate against white men (only against black and Hispanic men). As a result, the White man-Asian woman pairing was the most common form of interracial dating—but because of the women’s neutrality, not the men’s pronounced preference.

Now, that’s a real surprise! Does it mean that the real victims of Yellow Fever are White men? Or maybe from now on it should be called White Fever?:lol:

Student of Yellow/White Fever Studies, Crystal Tao

http://www.lovelovechina.com/relations/chines...

Location hidden

#36 Mar 13, 2012
Asian Women White Men Dating – Why Asian women are Falling for Caucasian Guys

Mixed race couples in the US are definitely on the rise. While earlier more of white and black couples comprised the chunk of inter-racial relationships in mainstream society, nowadays Asian and white pairings appear to become more common, especially where the woman is Asian and the man Caucasian. So what are the reasons for this phenomenon and why are Asian girls particularly falling for Caucasian guys?

TIP: Click here to browse photo profiles of single Asian women

First let us look at the numbers. If you do indeed feel that more and more of your white male friends and co-workers have been coming up with Asian dates, you are not really far from the truth. The anti-miscegenation laws introduced in the US from the late seventeenth century onwards prohibited inter-marriage between whites and all other races, including Asian. However US service personnel returning from the war after the Second World War and later the Korean and Vietnam War led to the arrival of war brides from the East. With the Supreme Court ruling in 1967 that all anti-miscegenation laws were unconstitutional, inter-racial marriages were finally decriminalized in the country and led to more open Asian-White marriages. However the most important aspect of the increasing trend of Asian-White marriages is that Asian women are more likely to settle for Caucasian husbands than Asian men are likely to marry White women. In 1990, about 69 percent of married Asian American women aged between 18 and 30 were wed to Asian American men, while 25 percent had White husbands1. However in 2006, 41 percent of Asian American-born women were registered as having White husbands, while 50 percent were married to Asian American men2. Also a research conducted by the Columbia Business School for two years from 2005-2007 found that Asian women and White men constituted the prevalent form of inter-racial dating in the United States.

But what are the reasons why Asian women increasingly seem to be gravitating towards Caucasian men instead of looking for partners from their own community. Primary among them seems to be the far more equitable sexual relationship that dating a White guy offers to an Asian woman than a similar relationship with an Asian man. Traditional Asian cultures are known for overt or covert restrictions on women and having been brought up in such a household, Asian women are only too painfully familiar with the expectations that Asian men have from a wife of their own ethnic background. Thus when faced with the prospect of a relationship which offers greater breathing space than one which comes with traditional expectations, Asian women, like those from any other ethnicity, would prefer to choose the former.
Another interesting explanation and one which is related to the above point is to be found in the analysis of the rising trend of “Asian Trophy Wives” published recently in Marie Claire magazine 4. The author of the article Ying Chu studies the phenomenon of America’s many recognizable names like Woody Allen, Nicholas Cage, CBS head Leslie Moonves and investment magnate Bruce Wasserstein settling for female Asian partners and makes the observation that “power divorcés of a certain ilk make the perfect renegade suitors for these overachieving Asian good girls”- perhaps “an ultimate (yet lame) attempt at rebellion”. What Chu is trying to say is that brought up in an often emotionally barren family environment where the male members rarely show any form of open appreciation and love, young Asian women are increasingly opting for the more expressive and indulgent form of love that older white men are ready to accord them.

Location hidden

#37 Mar 13, 2012
However skeptics argue that the main reason why Asian women seem be falling for White men is simply because White men prefer Asian women. Most Caucasian men appear to secretly believe the Oriental stereotype of the Asian women that swings between the two extremes of the submissive wife and the deeply sensuous geisha-like figure. This kind of preference is in fact uncannily akin to a fetish - something that Asian women being courted by the white guys may not even be aware of, according to Bich Minh Nguyen who broaches the stereotypes in her latest novel, Short Girls. Adds C.N. Le, director of Asian and Asian-American Studies at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, "From an academic point of view, the perception still serves as a motivation for white men." However if this perception of the good, submissive Asian woman with a red sensual streak serves to offer a higher quality of life and a more equitable sexual relationship, there is no reason for young Asian women to refuse. Finally things appear to boil down to the simple economics of market segmentation more than concerns of race and ethnicity.

References:

Swanbrow, Diane (2000-03-23). "Intimate Relationships Between Races More Common Than Thought", University of Michigan. http://www.umich.edu/news/index.html... .
Table FG4. Married Couple Family Groups, by Presence of Own Children/1 In Specific Age Groups, and Age, Earnings, Education, and Race and Hispanic Origin/2 of Both Spouses: 2006". U. S. Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/population/www/socdemo/... .
Fishman, Ray (2007-11-07). "An economist solves the mysteries of dating". Slate magazine. http://www.slate.com/id/2177637/nav/tap3/ .
http://www.marieclaire.com/sexlove/advice/tip... -

From the website: http://www.futurescopes.com/interracial-datin...

Location hidden

#38 Mar 13, 2012
TheJazuma wrote:
<quoted text>
where's your proof.
Hey Jaz man. I respect you because you are an intelligent bloke here but it seems that you don't see the truth on this issue. I don't know why you wouldn't see the reality on this but for reason you just can't or don't want to see it.

Well the articles I've posted should give you more of an idea.

Cheers mate.
sam i am

United States

#39 Mar 13, 2012
Interesting, great post aussipino. So height prefrence was a major contribution. Of course. I'm sure I stated that a while ago when you called me navie. Reason for IR between the common pair was because of asian women are repressed in there culture and asian male counterpart with higher expectations. So marrying out is a way of breathing I guess you could say.
Did you find a paper on the income for IR relationships?

Location hidden

#40 Mar 13, 2012
sam i am wrote:
Interesting, great post aussipino. So height prefrence was a major contribution. Of course. I'm sure I stated that a while ago when you called me navie. Reason for IR between the common pair was because of asian women are repressed in there culture and asian male counterpart with higher expectations. So marrying out is a way of breathing I guess you could say.
Did you find a paper on the income for IR relationships?
Thanks for that Sam.

I have read on a couple of articles on incomes for IR relationships but I just haven't got the time to locate them at the moment.

I'm sorry that I called you naive. That was wrong on my part.

Generally speaking, incomes in IR relationships, a White men in any relationship does not have to compete with other couples, because...well....they are White. If an Asian man wants to be with a beautiful, Middle/Upper Class White woman, then he has to earn 10 figures more than a White guy. If a Black man wants to date a beautiful, Middle/Upper Class White woman, then he has to earn 6 figures more than a White guy. For Latino (mestizo) men, it's 8 figures more.

I just hate racism in general. I know that I sound harsh at times but what I mention is the truth. Social implications on this can be bad for society in general if things are not seen in perspective.

I have a feeling that America could end up like Latin America where the racial hierarchy is very apparent. You know, Pure Whites at the top, Mestizo (mixed White and Amerindian blood) Middle, and Blacks and Pure Amerindians at the bottom.

“phresh, bruh”

Location hidden

#41 Mar 13, 2012
AussiPino wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that Sam.
I have read on a couple of articles on incomes for IR relationships but I just haven't got the time to locate them at the moment.
I'm sorry that I called you naive. That was wrong on my part.
Generally speaking, incomes in IR relationships, a White men in any relationship does not have to compete with other couples, because...well....they are White. If an Asian man wants to be with a beautiful, Middle/Upper Class White woman, then he has to earn 10 figures more than a White guy. If a Black man wants to date a beautiful, Middle/Upper Class White woman, then he has to earn 6 figures more than a White guy. For Latino (mestizo) men, it's 8 figures more.
I just hate racism in general. I know that I sound harsh at times but what I mention is the truth. Social implications on this can be bad for society in general if things are not seen in perspective.
I have a feeling that America could end up like Latin America where the racial hierarchy is very apparent. You know, Pure Whites at the top, Mestizo (mixed White and Amerindian blood) Middle, and Blacks and Pure Amerindians at the bottom.
Are you seeing a pattern here?
Women's prefrence is height correct.
The order goes african american, latinos then asians.
For a WF to date out of her race the AAM would have to make 6 more, LM is 8 more, then for AM is 10 more.
Not to generalize, but since most AAM are tallest of the minority they are first, then LM, and then AM.
The taller the male is, the less money he would have to make. At least for WF who are considering dating outside of there race. Since WF are generally taller, it would make sense to go in such an order. It's not the skin color or if the individual is light or dark. It's height then income. The shorter man would have to generally to make more in order to date a WF who are generally taller.
Lol- what do you think?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asian-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is popcorn and butter so in love with one a... 1 hr Shareika 5
Why don't white male celebrities like Tom Cruis... (Aug '09) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 76
News Tense China-Japan relations overshadow the case... 2 hr Yakult 47
Black Racism against Asians (Jun '11) 22 hr Bruce Lee Jr 141
News Harvard in hot water over race allegations 23 hr Ainu 14
What's the deal with MOST asians hating on thei... (Aug '14) Mon Bruce Lee Jr 14
Taiwanese men and Korean men = FAILURES of A... (Nov '14) Mon Ainu 8
More from around the web