Are More And More White Girls Dating/Marrying Asian Guys?

Posted in the Asian-American Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of128
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Rudeness is the weak man's”

Since: Nov 08

imitation of strength.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 11, 2011
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Bludger, I see more all the time here in America. I think people are more open to it now days.

Since: Jan 08

Jackson Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 12, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Bludger wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it more common in Hawaii and California due to the large Asian populations there? Are there certain areas that have a high number?
It used to be well-known that White girls wouldn't even think of dating an Asian guy, along being friends with one.
Actually the opposite is true.

In large Asian communities such as New York, most Asians (men and women) have no need to date or marry Whites. They have much more opportunities with each other.

One report has it that with the influx of Hispanic and Asians to America, less and less of them are marrying Whites.

As far as some White girl don't like Asian guys for dating and marriage, who cares? most Asian guys don't like White girls for dating and marriage.

Since: Jan 08

Jackson Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Bludger wrote:
<quoted text>

From what I heard, many Asian-American females prefer to date/marry White males because they look down on Asian-American men and want to lift up their social-status into White society.
As for American-born Asians, 50% women marry White guys, 40% men marry White women.

Asians don't prefer Whites, Asians sees Whites as mostly our equals.

But like I said, when more and more Asians immigrate to America, less and less will find the need to marry Whites.

Since: Jan 08

Jackson Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 15, 2011
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Bludger wrote:
<quoted text>

I hear that alot of Asian-American men (raised in the States) depression is common. They are depressed because if they cannot date/marry their own kind, then how are White women gonna see them as potential boyfriends?
That's totally bogus.

Asian Americans have the highest income(much higher than Whites)in America, also highest level of achievement in education.

All the Chinese guys I know are quite successful and some are married to White women.

In the big cities, many Asian guys are also dating Hispanic girls. White girls never were and not now first choice for Chinese guys.
Bludger

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

mak from NYC wrote:
<quoted text>
That's totally bogus.
Asian Americans have the highest income(much higher than Whites)in America, also highest level of achievement in education.
All the Chinese guys I know are quite successful and some are married to White women.
In the big cities, many Asian guys are also dating Hispanic girls. White girls never were and not now first choice for Chinese guys.
Sounds to me that the nerdy/kung fu stereotype is waning. Good to hear. Heaps good.

I know that Asian-Americans have one of the highest incomes in America which includes Chinese, Indians, Filipinos and Koreans.

In Australia, you don't see alot of Asian guys with White Girls (ironically there is a large Asian presence here that make up 10 percent of the population and we're in the Asian-Pacific region) but it is very, very slowly starting to increase.

Where are the best cities/areas to find such couples in USA?

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Bludger wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are the best cities/areas to find such couples in USA?
Whites (for the most par)t are leaving the cities to seek a higher quality of life, a trend that started in the 1950's.
.
They are also leaving certain sections of the country, moving into the interior like east of the Rockie Mountains like Colorado or the South.
.
Usually Asians are coming into the places whites are leaving like Los Angeles and New York City.
.
Asians in America tend to stay in enclaves like the Chinatowns or the KTowns. Interestingly, it appears Koreans are starting to leave New York City in favor of next door, New Jersey.
.
Usually the immigrant generation and the first American born generation tend to stay with in their race but the 2nd American born generations tend to stray.
Bludger

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 15, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
Whites (for the most par)t are leaving the cities to seek a higher quality of life, a trend that started in the 1950's.
.
They are also leaving certain sections of the country, moving into the interior like east of the Rockie Mountains like Colorado or the South.
.
Usually Asians are coming into the places whites are leaving like Los Angeles and New York City.
.
Asians in America tend to stay in enclaves like the Chinatowns or the KTowns. Interestingly, it appears Koreans are starting to leave New York City in favor of next door, New Jersey.
.
Usually the immigrant generation and the first American born generation tend to stay with in their race but the 2nd American born generations tend to stray.
I'm aware of this. Yes the 2nd and 3rd generations assimilate more into the American mainstream as they become more Americanized. They get better incomes, mingle more with the wider community and move out into the suburbs.

In Australia, the Asian influence on the Aussie culture is enormous. We have the highest percentage of Asian restaurants in the Western World. I guess America is more Latino influenced.

Just wish Hollywood would represent Asian guys with White Girls. But of course, Hollywood is always about stereotypes.

Since: Jan 08

Jackson Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 15, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

Bludger wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me that the nerdy/kung fu stereotype is waning. Good to hear. Heaps good.
I know that Asian-Americans have one of the highest incomes in America which includes Chinese, Indians, Filipinos and Koreans.
In Australia, you don't see alot of Asian guys with White Girls (ironically there is a large Asian presence here that make up 10 percent of the population and we're in the Asian-Pacific region) but it is very, very slowly starting to increase.
Where are the best cities/areas to find such couples in USA?
I think one disadvantage that Australia have is that the country consist of only Whites and Asians, mostly Whites. So Asian guys only have Whites and Asian girls to choose from.

In America, more and more Hispanics are coming here and the Hispanic population is growing. More and more Asian guys are now dating Hispanic girls.

I am a Chinese guy and had been and now dating a Hispanic woman. I find them to be very receptive to Chinese guys and not prejudice against them.

Since: Jan 08

Jackson Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 15, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

Bludger wrote:
<quoted text>

Just wish Hollywood would represent Asian guys with White Girls. But of course, Hollywood is always about stereotypes.
Actually Hollywood is not sterotyping Asian guys anymore.

One of the biggest studios in Hollywood is Sony, A japanese subsidiary.
Bludger

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 15, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

I've noticed that latina women are becoming more interested in Asian men. They are such beautiful, caring women. They know how to smile alot and have great parties.

Wish more of them girls were here. You are so lucky.

You should see the Italian and Greek girls here man, they are stuck-up b*tches. Turkish girls are ok though.

And with Hollywood, well at least they have Asian cast doing non-martial art roles such as Hawaii-Five-O.

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 15, 2011
 
Bludger wrote:
<quoted text>
1)I guess America is more Latino influenced.
.
2)Just wish Hollywood would represent Asian guys with White Girls. But of course, Hollywood is always about stereotypes.
1) Latino has been a mixed blessing at best. Many are illegal and/or very poorly educated.
2) I have suggested in a few venues geared towards Asians they should produce their own movies instead of waiting for Hollywood. Hollywood is a high cost producer of films so they have to cater to broad tastes worldwide. I think to serve the Asian fan market here, they just bring in films from China, Japan and South Korea (not a bad alternative for me). A few US made Asian themed films have done well but for your particular taste, there doesn't seem to be a huge demand. Even if Asians did start to produce their own films here, my hunch is there would be little Asian Guy/White Female type films.
Bludger

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Latino has been a mixed blessing at best. Many are illegal and/or very poorly educated.
2) I have suggested in a few venues geared towards Asians they should produce their own movies instead of waiting for Hollywood. Hollywood is a high cost producer of films so they have to cater to broad tastes worldwide. I think to serve the Asian fan market here, they just bring in films from China, Japan and South Korea (not a bad alternative for me). A few US made Asian themed films have done well but for your particular taste, there doesn't seem to be a huge demand. Even if Asians did start to produce their own films here, my hunch is there would be little Asian Guy/White Female type films.
The illegals do make the Latinos who are 2nd and 3rd generations look bad. I hear that many of them don't even interact with the illegals and shun them.

Your right that Asians are better off doing movies in Asia first before America. Look at some of the Asian-americans/Canadian-Ameri cans who made it big before coming to Hollywood. Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Maggie Q, Daniel Wu, Nicolas Tse and Jay Chou.

Jay Chou is a legend. Love his music, love his attitude, his movies and his achievement in learning English in one month. Hopefully some of his music will creep into America. His song 'Nunchuck's' was on the Green Hornet so that's a start.

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Bludger wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right that Asians are better off doing movies in Asia first before America.
I had meant Asians in America could do some independent films in America.
.
I do not see why a movie with an Asian cast that has a good story wouldn't do well (even if it didn't reach blockbuster status).
Lmacatol

Alameda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Bludger wrote:
I've noticed that latina women are becoming more interested in Asian men. They are such beautiful, caring women. They know how to smile alot and have great parties.
Wish more of them girls were here. You are so lucky.
You should see the Italian and Greek girls here man, they are stuck-up b*tches. Turkish girls are ok though.
And with Hollywood, well at least they have Asian cast doing non-martial art roles such as Hawaii-Five-O.
You must have not seen the movies "The Hangover" and The Hangover 2".
Lmacatol

Alameda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 15, 2011
 
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
I had meant Asians in America could do some independent films in America.
.
I do not see why a movie with an Asian cast that has a good story wouldn't do well (even if it didn't reach blockbuster status).
I'm Filipino, and finishing up film school. Even here, there's only 2 Asian guys... I'll cross my fingers and if I'm lucky, I'll help with this cinematic problem.:)

Since: Jan 08

Jackson Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 16, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Bludger wrote:
I've noticed that latina women are becoming more interested in Asian men. They are such beautiful, caring women. They know how to smile alot and have great parties.
Wish more of them girls were here. You are so lucky.
Yes, you're absolutely right about Latina women, that's why Latina women is now my first choice.

Since America is such a great country and very close to South and Central America and Mexico, Most Hispanics would come to America only.

Australia is just too far away, so unfortunately, your wish will not come true.

My neighborhood is just about half Asians and half Hispanics, so yes, I consider myself pretty lucky.

Bludger

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 16, 2011
 
mak from NYC wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you're absolutely right about Latina women, that's why Latina women is now my first choice.
Since America is such a great country and very close to South and Central America and Mexico, Most Hispanics would come to America only.
Australia is just too far away, so unfortunately, your wish will not come true.
My neighborhood is just about half Asians and half Hispanics, so yes, I consider myself pretty lucky.
My neighborhood is a mixture. Anglo-Aussies, Italians, Greeks, Vietnamese, Chinese, Filipinos, Turkish, and a growing number of Indians.

What would you call Australia? An Asian country? An Anglo-Celtic outpost of Britain? Oceania? Some people in Australia call it an Asian country, others don't.

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 16, 2011
 
Lmacatol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm Filipino, and finishing up film school. Even here, there's only 2 Asian guys... I'll cross my fingers and if I'm lucky, I'll help with this cinematic problem.:)
Does film school teach you much about the business of film making or just the art of it?

Since: Jan 08

Jackson Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Oct 16, 2011
 
Bludger wrote:
<quoted text>
My neighborhood is a mixture. Anglo-Aussies, Italians, Greeks, Vietnamese, Chinese, Filipinos, Turkish, and a growing number of Indians.
What would you call Australia? An Asian country? An Anglo-Celtic outpost of Britain? Oceania? Some people in Australia call it an Asian country, others don't.
I would call it "an Anglo-Celtic outpost of Britain".

If I'm not mistaken, most native White Australians have English last names.

In America, it's a little different, Whites comes from all over the world and not just England in recent times.

Are there any Chinese guys dating Turkish girls in Australia? you say that they're ok.

Since: Jan 08

Jackson Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Oct 16, 2011
 
Bludger wrote:
<quoted text>
My neighborhood is a mixture. Anglo-Aussies, Italians, Greeks, Vietnamese, Chinese, Filipinos, Turkish, and a growing number of Indians.
Very good. Many neighborhoods in big cities in America are like that too. Except we have a lot more Hispanics.

Restaurants and other businesses must be excellent there too where you're at.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of128
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Asian-American Forum right now

Search the Asian-American Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Children of "tiger parents" develop more aggres... (Jun '13) 17 min Go Blue Forever 7
Do asian girls like black guys. Be honest! (Apr '11) 21 min Go Blue Forever 1,739
Are Asian men the most beta males alive? (Jul '13) 19 hr lol 21
Mongolians Sat cut their eyes open 85
Indians doing good in America with ww Fri cut their eyes open 12
All cracker partents view east asian gene supei... Fri cut their eyes open 13
Secure Communities Could Be Detaining Legal Asi... Fri cut their eyes open 14
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••