Do Interracial Relationships and Self-Hate Go Hand in Hand?

Sep 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BlogHer

Recently, freelance writer Jenny An caused an online firestorm with her confessional essay I'm an Asian Woman and I Refuse to Ever Date an Asian Man for xoJane.

Comments
21 - 40 of 271 Comments Last updated Nov 25, 2012
Apology

Pelham, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

Human Revolution wrote:
<quoted text> What the hell man? He was calling out Sara's insecurities just like you were. Yes Sara, you are a jealous b!tch.
To DerekJ,

Sorry Dude. I interpreted your message wrong.

Since: Apr 12

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

No interracial relationships and self-hate do not necessarily go hand in hand. They can but not necessarily. I (a Black man) use to want a relationship with a White woman just because I appreciated how much more sexually free they tend to be. I just loved that. I still do like it but it would take alot to get me into a relationship with a White woman now.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

Apology wrote:
<quoted text>
To DerekJ,
Sorry Dude. I interpreted your message wrong.
No problem.
Human Revolution

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

for her wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't want WW. We want AW.
So do I ;)
Human Revolution

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

^^For relationship purposes I mean.^^
Human Revolution

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

noyb5349 wrote:
No interracial relationships and self-hate do not necessarily go hand in hand. They can but not necessarily. I (a Black man) use to want a relationship with a White woman just because I appreciated how much more sexually free they tend to be. I just loved that. I still do like it but it would take alot to get me into a relationship with a White woman now.
What are you smoking? White women are no more "sexually free" than any other woman.
Human Revolution

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

I really hope AussiPinoi, TheJazuma, for her, The Examiner, Derek J, and the Rye, NY guy continue posting. I'd also like to hear what mak from NYC has to say. And anyone who knows who Grouch is, well, you know he'll be here.
TheJazuma

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

Human Revolution wrote:
What I want to know is, are these relationships as openly hated in reality as they are online? Will some random white female or Asian male walk up to the common AF/WM couple and verbally attack their relationship? And who hates these relationships more? Asian males or white females?
'openly hated'?
I don't think people give a crap about any couple provided that they are 'suited' for one another and neither half has lots of $$$ or are good looking.

verbal attack?
hell no, people don't do this in developed countries.

I'd have to say Asian males 'hate' it more since they think of IR as dating a white person, similar to Asian females yet unlike Asian females, the white female conventionally dislikes them (unless they have a culture trip/are genuinely interested).

P.S.
females have a stricter criteria in guys than guys for girls.
guys would settle for any girl who would sleep with them.
girls want either fun/security/both, depending on their maturity and preferences.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

TheJazuma wrote:
<quoted text>

females have a stricter criteria in guys than guys for girls.
guys would settle for any girl who would sleep with them.
girls want either fun/security/both, depending on their maturity and preferences.
Good point. Yes, females tend to be more choosy when it comes to dating. Men may have preferences when it comes to physical looks, but generally they date what they can find.

Ironically, most places in the world, there are less men than women.

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

Human Revolution wrote:
<quoted text> What are you smoking? White women are no more "sexually free" than any other woman.
I smoke the Human Sexuality Topix forum lol. Black women do not say the things that are said on that forum. That forum is full of *White* women.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

noyb5349 wrote:
<quoted text>I smoke the Human Sexuality Topix forum lol. Black women do not say the things that are said on that forum. That forum is full of *White* women.
I disagree with this point. Black women can be just as raw as any other race of women. Don't be fooled....there are some who only would like you to think otherwise. As a female friend once said to me: women are all the same once you turn them upside down.
Human Revolution

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

DerekJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with this point. Black women can be just as raw as any other race of women. Don't be fooled....there are some who only would like you to think otherwise. As a female friend once said to me: women are all the same once you turn them upside down.
Sounds rather sexist )=(
Human Revolution

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

noyb5349 wrote:
<quoted text>
I smoke the Human Sexuality Topix forum lol. Black women do not say the things that are said on that forum. That forum is full of *White* women.
I tend to believe that people who believe this crap have little to no real-world interaction with people of other racial backgrounds, and may be out of touch with the rest of society. This is what the world needs to understand: WHITE PEOPLE ARE NOT THE END ALL BE ALL OF IR RELATIONSHIPS. If you want to date interracially, keep an open mind to everyone, including your own race. If not, just stick to your own.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

Human Revolution wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds rather sexist )=(
On the surface, yes. However, the point is that there are no special differences between the various races of women. They all have a variety if desires that are not exclusively possessed by one group as opposed to others.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Human Revolution wrote:
<quoted text>I tend to believe that people who believe this crap have little to no real-world interaction with people of other racial backgrounds, and may be out of touch with the rest of society. This is what the world needs to understand: WHITE PEOPLE ARE NOT THE END ALL BE ALL OF IR RELATIONSHIPS. If you want to date interracially, keep an open mind to everyone, including your own race. If not, just stick to your own.
Well-said.
Grouch

GÓza, Egypt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

Human Revolution wrote:
Many Asian men will complain about AF/WM, using terms such as "white-washed" and "bananas" and other insulting names to attack these relationships, while simultaneously complaining about the lack of WF/AM couples and celebrating the very few that exist, but evidently, they are not self-hating. Double-standard?
Asian women are sneaky.

For the past twenty years they have been on an unrelenting crusade in north America and Europe to bag themselves any dumb white guy in order to ingratiate themselves in to white society. Do they truly believe that we don't know what they're doing?

Their nauseating game plan has not gone unnoticed and the day will come when whites will turn on them big time and guess who will be there kicking their flat yellow butts like a field goal...yep, your ever reliable Asian skank tormentor - good ol' Grouch!!!

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

DerekJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Black women don't talk about sex with their children, parents, or pets like it is something good. These are *White* women.

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

Human Revolution wrote:
<quoted text> I tend to believe that people who believe this crap have little to no real-world interaction with people of other racial backgrounds, and may be out of touch with the rest of society. This is what the world needs to understand: WHITE PEOPLE ARE NOT THE END ALL BE ALL OF IR RELATIONSHIPS. If you want to date interracially, keep an open mind to everyone, including your own race. If not, just stick to your own.
Yeah, OK children-seeking, parent/child desiring, bestiality people.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

noyb5349 wrote:
<quoted text>Black women don't talk about sex with their children, parents, or pets like it is something good. These are *White* women.
Disagree. I'm an attorney who has worked in human services most of my professional life. I have SEEN it on my own caseload.

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

DerekJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree. I'm an attorney who has worked in human services most of my professional life. I have SEEN it on my own caseload.
I don't know what you've seen in your work but visit the Human Sexuality forum. You will see threads about women regularly having sex with their dogs, women loaning vibrators to their teen daughters, women who want to have sex with their fathers/sons, etc. THESE WOMEN ARE NOT BLACK, BROTHER. THEY ARE WHITE WOMEN.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asian-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When It Comes To Blacks - There Is More Brains ... 4 hr Tuco Blondie 9
Taiwan monkey slaves, time to learn your place. 8 hr CantoneseBEATStaiwan 12
90% of White Women have slept with Asian Men (Jul '13) 12 hr yeano 89
Reid cracks Asian jokes, apologizes 13 hr Fixit 11
Canton negrito slaves, time to learn your place 13 hr CantoneseBEATStaiwan 30
Crackas = AIDS carrying monkeys why don't they ... 15 hr East Asian God 30
Do asian girls like black guys. Be honest! (Apr '11) 17 hr Hello 1,848
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••