5 PH malls in world's coolest malls list

5 PH malls in world's coolest malls list

There are 20 comments on the ABS-CBN News story from Aug 7, 2013, titled 5 PH malls in world's coolest malls list. In it, ABS-CBN News reports that:

MANILA, Philippines Five malls in the Philippines made it to the list of 50 "coolest" malls in the world compiled by an international lifestyle website.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABS-CBN News.

Tokyo Homodachi

Dubai, UAE

#1 Aug 7, 2013
Only the size of the building but inside interiors designed are so-so. Inside look like a huge street market but in the A/C.
Bogensexpat

Denpasar, Indonesia

#2 Aug 7, 2013
the building sucks, lame old fashioned... seriously they got no good stuff to sell there.... except few crappy filipinos brand stuff that looks really2 cheap and sh*ty, i would consider greenbelt as OK but the rest mehhh
Josue Calvo Cebu

Philippines

#3 Aug 7, 2013
Did you go to five of them to make that observation, mR. Homadachi/.. You are not Japanese... tomadachi is the spelling. Even bigger and more modern than those I have been to in the USA and Europe.
Jesse69

Chicago, IL

#4 Aug 7, 2013
I videotaped the whole SM Mall and put it on youtube, check it out on my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/rdbiker69/videos

I went to SM Mall of Asia once, but the shopping there isn't as good as Houston's Galleria or Chicago's big malls. And Greenbelt has a small St John store, with limited offerings. While Galleria has a big St John store. Computers shops in the Philippines are all tiny shops, but America has very large computer shops with more selection and better pricing. The best shopping is in America, better than the best SM Mall.
Bogensexpat

Denpasar, Indonesia

#5 Aug 7, 2013
yeah definitely mall of asia lookin old, crumbling at some point.... filled with cheap stuff that are sometimes sold at overpriced price... i was dissapointed when i saw greenbelt 1 but as i progress the malls seem quiet ok, is this 5 coolest list a hoax? because it appear malls in Australia, Singapore or Indonesia would be better than those
WMD

Preston, Australia

#6 Aug 7, 2013
I been to all sorts of malls in many parts of the world but what matters most is your ability to pay. Beautiful malls is nothing if your business is just hanging around with out buying.
Martin Nuke

Makati, Philippines

#7 Aug 7, 2013
Pinoys just go to the malls because of the cool aircon and they do not even have to buy a single item at least they can window shop.
WMD

Preston, Australia

#8 Aug 8, 2013
Martin Nuke wrote:
Pinoys just go to the malls because of the cool aircon and they do not even have to buy a single item at least they can window shop.
How come Filpinos think that mall is like a tourist destination? Whilst in many parts in the world tourist visits museums and old churches but in Phils the malls are the main attraction? Not only that they are in fact very proud of the malls they would readily argue about it. Why?
Bogensexpat

Denpasar, Indonesia

#9 Aug 8, 2013
WMD wrote:
<quoted text>
How come Filpinos think that mall is like a tourist destination? Whilst in many parts in the world tourist visits museums and old churches but in Phils the malls are the main attraction? Not only that they are in fact very proud of the malls they would readily argue about it. Why?
its because its the only nice thing they have in there really, most of the time filipinos spend their time in the malls even without buying anything... simply because they got nothing to do better
Tokyo Homodachi

Dubai, UAE

#10 Aug 8, 2013
Josue Calvo Cebu wrote:
Did you go to five of them to make that observation, mR. Homadachi/.. You are not Japanese... tomadachi is the spelling. Even bigger and more modern than those I have been to in the USA and Europe.
Such a dangerous place on earth where the security officers need to carry guns in the Malls

People there wearing old fashion clothes walking just to get their body cool b'cos of the A/C and they efford to eat cheap fast foods there. Size of the malls doesn't matter if the local people can't efford to buy it.

I've been to Manila once and I thought I will not come back to this place again for the next 100 years.

By the way, if you don't the meaning of "Homodachi" so better shut up!!! huhuhu
WMD

Preston, Australia

#11 Aug 8, 2013
Bogensexpat wrote:
<quoted text>
its because its the only nice thing they have in there really, most of the time filipinos spend their time in the malls even without buying anything... simply because they got nothing to do better
Although there are those just hang around but on the other hand there are many hoarders really like massive hoarders. Many of them goes to discount warehouse like Costco and buys loads and loads of stuff beyond their consumption. Shopping trolleys are loaded of many unnecessary goods you can't even image how they can consume.
Martin Nuke

Antipolo, Philippines

#12 Aug 8, 2013
Like I said Pinoy's hang around malls because of the cool aircon this also peaks during the summer enjoying the cool aircon and free wifi and they can relax for free.
Jesse69

Chicago, IL

#13 Aug 8, 2013
Yeah, if I lived in the Philippines I'd go to malls a lot for the A/C, then I'd eat lunch and dinner there. But going to the toilet stinks, because the men's toilets in the SM Malls all don't have toilet seats! And it's better that you bring your own toilet paper unless you buy it there.
Bogensexpat

Denpasar, Indonesia

#14 Aug 8, 2013
WMD wrote:
<quoted text>
Although there are those just hang around but on the other hand there are many hoarders really like massive hoarders. Many of them goes to discount warehouse like Costco and buys loads and loads of stuff beyond their consumption. Shopping trolleys are loaded of many unnecessary goods you can't even image how they can consume.
thats life of filipinos, because they can't really afford anything in the mall (although to me its pretty cheapy) and once a discount event occured, is like one of a lifetime they can actually buy stuff there so don't be surprised
Josue Calvo Cebu

Philippines

#15 Aug 9, 2013
The Envy of quite numerous people on this earth is evident by comments from several sources downgrading the fast upgrading of Philippine Economy and the current entree of many foreign countries seeking a chance of investing here. Human nature always goes to show the normal reaction of many persons when faced by competition. HE WHO LAUGHS LASTS,...lAUGHS BEST! Viva P'Noy !
Dubai Boy

Dubai, UAE

#16 Aug 10, 2013
S-Slum M-Manila = SM MALL = Slum Manila Mall
Jose Rizal

Philippines

#17 Aug 10, 2013
Very FUNNT !
Bogensexpat

Denpasar, Indonesia

#18 Aug 11, 2013
Josue Calvo Cebu wrote:
The Envy of quite numerous people on this earth is evident by comments from several sources downgrading the fast upgrading of Philippine Economy and the current entree of many foreign countries seeking a chance of investing here. Human nature always goes to show the normal reaction of many persons when faced by competition. HE WHO LAUGHS LASTS,...lAUGHS BEST! Viva P'Noy !
considering that you are laughing now makes you downgraded
WMD

Annandale, Australia

#19 Aug 12, 2013
thats the real problem in Phils if you say something critical they think its personal. as a result failure to accept ones fault inhibits change.
Filipino

Marikina Heights, Philippines

#20 Aug 8, 2015
I wonder why foreigners keep on coming and many of them stay in the PH... many are actually expats YET they keep on complaining about things??? Why dont you just stay in your home countries and request to be banned from being assigned again in the PH?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Theater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kelly's Pub Provides A New Brew: The Theater (Nov '07) Mon m1o2o3t 27
News MTV VMAs to feature Kanye West, Rihanna, Britne... Mon ban rap music 2
News Can't miss concerts 2016 Aug 27 Charmaine 4
News Are You Lonesome Tonight? Aug 25 Susan 1
News Crown Uptown brings a Hedwig home to Kansasa Aug 24 Frank 4
News Spiritual culture of Russia is on its way to Ar... Aug 21 Stephany McDowell 1
News The best things to do in Chicago, according to ... Aug 16 grounded in reality 1
More from around the web