Plans for artists' center at former b...

Plans for artists' center at former bread factory crumble | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 95 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 22, 2011, titled Plans for artists' center at former bread factory crumble | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The former Wonder Bread factory will no longer be the future home of Wonderland - an ambitious mixed-use project intended to house studio space for Columbus-area artists, musicians, actors and entrepreneurs - but the dream might find new life elsewhere.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
CallintheIRS

United States

#87 Jul 23, 2011
Quote from cu wrote:
Will someone be responsible for the success or the failure with this attempt to find and then develop a new building and the results?
Or will it just go how it goes and if it works HOORAY and if not well it was hard and there are papers to fill out and we were victims of too much buzz and no one knows what kinds of things pop up and a funder changed the rules and the price of things went up and it is labor intensive and excuses excuses excuses??
Why will round two go any differently?
No doubt Serendipitist will cite every excuse and more. Remember, He/she has been "told" the true story.
I bet

Lima, OH

#88 Jul 23, 2011
$50 the serendipitist is one of the three in charge.
I'm guessing Quinn based on the writing style vs CU.
Tax Man

West Jefferson, OH

#89 Jul 23, 2011
Someone should audit the Executive Director's personal finances as well. How many years can someone live on a few thousand dollars of reported annual income????????? Where'd all that cash go???
Wheres My Sammich

Wooster, OH

#90 Jul 23, 2011
Truth: Hippie liberal "artists" wanted something for nothing because they think the world owes it to them.

Fantasy meets reality. Deal goes south.
Pick Town Smarty Pants

Columbus, OH

#91 Jul 24, 2011
Lykens could have done the right thing...
The right thing doesn't make his wallet bigger though.
Blame the artists, they were trying to make the community better, not look for a handout.

That area will just continue the turdstorm that it has been for years.

Good luck Lykens, you creep.
WonderScam Columbus

Columbus, OH

#92 Jul 24, 2011
Thanks for weighing in Adam (and once again throwing Kevin under the bus).

Let us not forget that it was your poor leadership and lack of skills that put Kevin in the position to make those demands........ If that is even true.

So quit trying to get off the hook for your inability by throwing Kevin under the bus. It is sad and embarrassing.
Leadership

Grove City, OH

#95 Jul 24, 2011
A SOLUTION is way out of line. There is a place for civil or even heated discourse, but NO place for comments like that. Shame on him.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#96 Jul 24, 2011
A Solution wrote:
I hope the pressure becomes to much and Adam kills himself.

He is a cancer on the city of Columbus.

I understand that most artists there hate him but are afraid to say anything publicly because he runs this weird art mafioso and controls the press and access to people who can give money and entry into most art shows.

Someone should also take a look at how he conducts himself with all of those young female interns. Rumors abound.

This is the chickens coming home to roost. He is finally getting what he deserves and I hope he commits suicide.
So he's the arch-villian of the Columbus 'art scene' and was plotting to turn Wonderland into his personal fortified lair of depravity. I suspect as much all along!

Thank god he has been thwarted -- for now....
WonderBoys

Columbus, OH

#97 Jul 24, 2011
Don't worry, we got this. Not a problem. Just need another building and we've got at least 1.2 million that we would have spent on the bread building had the developer not wanted a return on his investment (the scrounge). So we'll find a better building for less money where the owner will "work" with us as we are THE value of Columbus.

Since we've told ourselves that the community wants this desperately, we'll still taking donations because our business savvy confirmed this business won't work without donations, handouts, grants, and tax relief. But c'mon man, it's aaaAAAaaaarrrrrRRRRRT!!!! Here's the link to make sure you help this creative wonderment happen in Columbus. Please use the automatic monthly donation option just in case we run into another one of those inconsiderate, money grabbing real estate owners that lack our vision.

https://www.formstack.com/forms/...

Party..... er, fundraiser next week!

Thanks, WonderBoard

PS: your donation might be tax deductible. Yeah, babbbbyyyy.
Gheynote

Zanesville, OH

#98 Jul 24, 2011
WonderBoys wrote:
Don't worry, we got this. Not a problem. Just need another building and we've got at least 1.2 million that we would have spent on the bread building had the developer not wanted a return on his investment (the scrounge). So we'll find a better building for less money where the owner will "work" with us as we are THE value of Columbus.
Since we've told ourselves that the community wants this desperately, we'll still taking donations because our business savvy confirmed this business won't work without donations, handouts, grants, and tax relief. But c'mon man, it's aaaAAAaaaarrrrrRRRRRT!!!! Here's the link to make sure you help this creative wonderment happen in Columbus. Please use the automatic monthly donation option just in case we run into another one of those inconsiderate, money grabbing real estate owners that lack our vision.
https://www.formstack.com/forms/...
Party..... er, fundraiser next week!
Thanks, WonderBoard
PS: your donation might be tax deductible. Yeah, babbbbyyyy.
The artistic form is 'WonderBoyz'
ColumbusArtist

Dublin, OH

#99 Jul 24, 2011
A Solution wrote:
I hope the pressure becomes to much and Adam kills himself.
He is a cancer on the city of Columbus.
I understand that most artists there hate him but are afraid to say anything publicly because he runs this weird art mafioso and controls the press and access to people who can give money and entry into most art shows.
Someone should also take a look at how he conducts himself with all of those young female interns. Rumors abound.
This is the chickens coming home to roost. He is finally getting what he deserves and I hope he commits suicide.
Everything about this is despicable rumor mongering. How horrible to wish that someone kills themselves over things that are clearly not true. This is the kind of completely ridiculous talk that happens with the anonymity of the internet.
Cbus insider

West Jefferson, OH

#100 Jul 24, 2011
There is some truth to the rumors. Take it from this ex-junctionview member: Dig deeper into the rabbit hole and take a look at the interns past and present. Power corrupts and nothing stays buried forever.
Interested

Lima, OH

#101 Jul 24, 2011
I'd like o hear more on this intern business... why keep it so quiet?
Let's hear specifics, if you can divulge...

And I wold say it's also clear that Adam couldn't have pilled this off without his two other buddies... Dodson and Quinn are at least as responsible.
They both for sure wanted to take just as much credit were this to have succeeded, right?
They deserve an equal share of the blame, though i have a feeling they will both try to weasel out of it, as is their nature.
Johno

Nashport, OH

#102 Oct 5, 2011
Anyone who really knows kevin, knows what really went wrong.
Jerry Sandusky

Columbus, OH

#103 Jan 8, 2013
A Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone should also take a look at how he conducts himself with all of those young female interns. Rumors abound.
Cbus insider wrote:
<quoted text>
There is some truth to the rumors. Take it from this ex-junctionview member: Dig deeper into the rabbit hole and take a look at the interns past and present. Power corrupts and nothing stays buried forever.
Looks like you guys were right. A former student has just pressed charges against Wonderland Columbus' Executive Director Adam Brouillette for sexual assault of a child. All the details are on the Franklin County Clerk of Courts website.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1STJtoLvqgskgQ...

Disgusting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Theater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Harlem cinema big on Imagenation (Aug '06) Wed Nyyyccc 1,683
News All at once, Broadway is carrying a 'torch' for... Apr 9 Gremlin 2
News Film fest organizers bemoan Port Washington cin... Apr 2 Tom Schwartz 1
News Heads up (Jun '10) Mar 31 Lacurant 2
News Wichitan auditions for American Idol, singing K... Mar 26 Beccawithlove 1
News Review: Bill Hader makes the wild and weird 'Ba... Mar 23 Bible Belt 1
News High school student 'tried to blow up a weapon ... Mar 20 DeDominicis 1