Bible's Strong Comeback Surprises Secular Norway

Jun 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TIME.com

It may sound like an unlikely No. 1 best-seller for any country, but in Norway - one of the most secular nations in an increasingly godless Europe - the runaway popularity of the Bible has caught the country by surprise.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Sue

Hector, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Am glad to hear the Bible is gaining popularity in Norway. My maternal Grandfather came from Norway in the late 1890's to go to a Lutheran college and seminary and was a pioneer pastor in Nebraska, Minnesota, North Dakota and Montana.
Yesitsboring

Oslo, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Sue wrote:
Am glad to hear the Bible is gaining popularity in Norway. My maternal Grandfather came from Norway in the late 1890's to go to a Lutheran college and seminary and was a pioneer pastor in Nebraska, Minnesota, North Dakota and Montana.
Really? where did you hear this?
ExPat

Oslo, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

Sue wrote:
Don't believe what you here, mind you that's typical of the gullible god squad I suppose. Truth is Atheism is on the rise, and quite rightly so. When my kid brought home the Gideon bible last year we used the pages as fire lighters, and the school were given a rocket up their arse for allowing happy clappers give out that shite.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

Praise The Lord! I dont care if "atheism" is on the rise, the point is that people is reading the Bible again :)!!! And that God has a remain in Norway to rescue...
God bless Norway :D
Yesitsboring

Oslo, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

Romita wrote:
Praise The Lord! I dont care if "atheism" is on the rise, the point is that people is reading the Bible again :)!!! And that God has a remain in Norway to rescue...
God bless Norway :D
It does not necessarily mean that People are reading the Bible. If the article is true it just means they sold more Bibles than usual because this was a new translated edition. If you read the article even the Bible Squad themselves admit that the sales are due to good marketing techniques, and the fact that this edition is a translation. So dont get your hopes up about Norwegians starting to read the Bible again. The part I found interesting was that there has been some editing to this edition. So in actual fact the Bible is not written in stone but can be altered to suit the mood and trend of the times. Personally I think it's all bollox made up by people with hallucinatory problems. It was encouraging to read in the article that only 1% of Norwegians regularly attend Church, in other Words almost nobody. Just by coincidence, today I ordered a book By Christopher Hitchens entitled " god is not great" about how how religion poisons peoples minds. Looking forward to reading that when it arrives.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

Yesitsboring wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not necessarily mean that People are reading the Bible. If the article is true it just means they sold more Bibles than usual because this was a new translated edition. If you read the article even the Bible Squad themselves admit that the sales are due to good marketing techniques, and the fact that this edition is a translation. So dont get your hopes up about Norwegians starting to read the Bible again. The part I found interesting was that there has been some editing to this edition. So in actual fact the Bible is not written in stone but can be altered to suit the mood and trend of the times. Personally I think it's all bollox made up by people with hallucinatory problems. It was encouraging to read in the article that only 1% of Norwegians regularly attend Church, in other Words almost nobody. Just by coincidence, today I ordered a book By Christopher Hitchens entitled " god is not great" about how how religion poisons peoples minds. Looking forward to reading that when it arrives.
you talk like a total poisoned being :P, sorry
PDX Dave

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Before you post read the news article with the link at the very top of this post. It's not someone's opinion, it's a news article out of Norway.
The Feudal Lord

Podgorica, Montenegro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

Judged:

Yesitsboring wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jewish Liberalism poisons peoples minds.
And Jewish Multiculturalism are even worst....
Buth then again most Norwegians are weak naive people who trust Jew-Media from USA.
Who care about such tiny nation like Norway btw?
Emmanuel

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

Judged:

The Feudal Lord wrote:
<quoted text>The Jewish Liberalism poisons peoples minds.
Buth then again most Norwegians are weak naive people who trust Jew-Media from USA.
With that amount of anger and hatred you must be a follower of Islam. The most evil religion on the planet.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

The Feudal Lord wrote:
<quoted text>The Jewish Liberalism poisons peoples minds.
I care about Norway and the other Scandinavian nations. Satanism and atheism is on the rise over there, and could be an explanation of why suicide rates are on the rise! I had a chance to discuss several times with a supposed 'genious' that believed in no God and worshiped nano-technologies lol. There were some times that he could not bear with his empty life and tried to commit suicide :(. I am not a person that satanize Science, in the contrary, if Science is looking for the truth and God is truth, Science will lead people to God :). That's how Einstein wrote the relativity theory, trying to understand everything from God's perspective... in the light speed... there is no time, no space, eternity...
Big problem for atheist scientist/genious/smart people is that their human understanding cannot reach God's one, no matter they effort... they are just getting exhausted...
I care about Scandinavia, a lot, because once upon a time I studied in a Christian school hold by Sweden-Norway-Finland and they gave me my first own Bible n___n
Yesitsboring

Hakadal, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Romita wrote:
<quoted text>
I care about Norway and the other Scandinavian nations. Satanism and atheism is on the rise over there, and could be an explanation of why suicide rates are on the rise! I had a chance to discuss several times with a supposed 'genious' that believed in no God and worshiped nano-technologies lol. There were some times that he could not bear with his empty life and tried to commit suicide :(. I am not a person that satanize Science, in the contrary, if Science is looking for the truth and God is truth, Science will lead people to God :). That's how Einstein wrote the relativity theory, trying to understand everything from God's perspective... in the light speed... there is no time, no space, eternity...
Big problem for atheist scientist/genious/smart people is that their human understanding cannot reach God's one, no matter they effort... they are just getting exhausted...
I care about Scandinavia, a lot, because once upon a time I studied in a Christian school hold by Sweden-Norway-Finland and they gave me my first own Bible n___n
Ding dong nutter alert. And there was me thinking Einstein was an intelligent man. You do realise that this god you speak about is man made. I need to stop now before I get exhausted LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Yesitsboring wrote:
<quoted text>
Ding dong nutter alert. And there was me thinking Einstein was an intelligent man. You do realise that this god you speak about is man made. I need to stop now before I get exhausted LOL
Do the world a favor and get exhausted of your bitterness :D
American

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

This is wonderful news. The Holy Spirit is moving in Norway. Is there a facebook page that I can join? I will be sent an email for each post that in on this forum. Thank you.
Yesitsboring

Hakadal, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

American wrote:
This is wonderful news. The Holy Spirit is moving in Norway. Is there a facebook page that I can join? I will be sent an email for each post that in on this forum. Thank you.
No dude there are no spirits moving in Norway except in the heads of the terminally gullible.
No facebook page either but you could always have a look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Yesitsboring

Hakadal, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Romita wrote:
<quoted text>
Do the world a favor and get exhausted of your bitterness :D
Do yourself a favour and come live in the 21st Century.
Ex Pat

Oslo, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

American wrote:
The only spirit moving in my house is the duty free Jack Daniels, moving from bottle to glass. There is probably a facetube page for gullible happy clappers, go search and enjoy!
Ex Pat

Oslo, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Yesitsboring wrote:
<quoted text>
Do yourself a favour and come live in the 21st Century.
Nah leave it where it is, we don't need it's shite
Midgard Serpent

Hallstahammar, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Yesitsboring wrote:
<quoted text>
No dude there are no spirits moving in Norway except in the heads of the terminally gullible.
No facebook page either but you could always have a look at this:
Great and funny link neighbour.....but do you think the bible thumpers get it?!
Seriously doubt it.....so lets try the same message....well sort of....with an American "prophet" this time.
Yesitsboring

Hakadal, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Midgard Serpent wrote:
<quoted text>
Great and funny link neighbour.....but do you think the bible thumpers get it?!
Seriously doubt it.....so lets try the same message....well sort of....with an American "prophet" this time.
I doubt very much if the bible thumpers get anything since their heads are so clogged with hokus pokus nonsense.
Good link by the way, George Carlin in good form :)
Feudal Lord

Podgorica, Montenegro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Emmanuel wrote:
<quoted text>
With that amount of anger and hatred you must be a follower of Islam. The most evil religion on the planet.
I tell the truth.
You are ignorent.
You ignore the turth about Jewish Nature and Jewish control of USA!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••