Jerry Kraus announced as Executive Di...

Jerry Kraus announced as Executive Director of The Stanley

There are 34 comments on the WKTV story from May 21, 2013, titled Jerry Kraus announced as Executive Director of The Stanley. In it, WKTV reports that:

Scott Shatraw, president of The Stanley Center for the Arts Board of Directors, announced Tuesday the appointment of Jerry Kraus as The Stanley's new Executive Director starting June 1. Kraus will be stepping down as the face of the Stevens-Swan Humane Society where he had held the post of Public Relations and Development Director.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKTV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jerk

Newington, CT

#22 May 23, 2013
Irish_michael wrote:
How does this scumbag continue to fail upwards? Guess we'll see BOC here like 15 times a year now!
I agree. First, what experience did he have to run a place with animals? I mean really. How did he get that job? He knew nothing other than radio. Just like Kathy Contino who so loved animals but when she got a better paying job she sure took off. So did Jerry. It's all about the money. They never cared about the dogs. What jokes they are
Jerry for Mayor

Ithaca, NY

#24 May 24, 2013
Shackleferd wrote:
All I know is THIS:

Jerry LOST his hair. THEN got it back!!

Dudes a MAGICIAN!! He OUGHT to be running a theatre. Makes sense to me.

He may be an empty, vapid, soulless, stogie sucking suit. But the muh-fuggah can GROW HAIR!!!!

Big ups to my Ace Boon Tizzzoon!!
This could be worse than that crazy lady from Clinton running the place!
Seconds Out

Schenectady, NY

#25 May 27, 2013
We gotta get Mulligan's Midget rasslin' booked at the Theatre, Jerry!!!

We can have a Genesis tribute band open up and a local band could play first.

Tickets would sell, this will have legs, feet and arms.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#26 May 28, 2013
Jerry for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
This could be worse than that crazy lady from Clinton running the place!
I really don't see how Jerry could possibly be worse than that female person from Clinton that ran the Stanley a few years ago. Her nickname amongst the volunteers, stage hands and employees was the "pointy-haired boss" (as in from the comic strip Dilbert). Actually, her management style made the pointy-haired boss from Dilbert look like a genius. Just ask some of the volunteers that quit during her time there. I certainly hope Jerry is going to be much better than she was because if he is worse, then it would certainly guarantee that the doors will be closing soon.

Jerry does have one thing in common with her...they were both on the Stanley's Board of Directors when they were picked to be the Executive Director. At least Jerry has some "show" experience from being on the programming committee while being a Board member. But of course, if Jerry had great ideas to make the Stanley better, then why didn't he already put them forward while being a Board member and also a member of the programming committee?

Hopefully Jerry will be very good because he will need to be in order to keep the doors open much longer.
Roger Wilco

Schenectady, NY

#27 May 28, 2013
wellimjustsaying wrote:
<quoted text>

Hopefully Jerry will be very good because he will need to be in order to keep the doors open much longer.
The Doors broke up in like 1972, dude!!
Mr Downtown

Whitesboro, NY

#28 May 28, 2013
Roger Wilco wrote:
<quoted text>
The Doors broke up in like 1972, dude!!
Jerry don't know that!
Jerry for Mayor

Ithaca, NY

#29 May 28, 2013
wellimjustsaying wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't see how Jerry could possibly be worse than that female person from Clinton that ran the Stanley a few years ago. Her nickname amongst the volunteers, stage hands and employees was the "pointy-haired boss" (as in from the comic strip Dilbert). Actually, her management style made the pointy-haired boss from Dilbert look like a genius. Just ask some of the volunteers that quit during her time there. I certainly hope Jerry is going to be much better than she was because if he is worse, then it would certainly guarantee that the doors will be closing soon.

Jerry does have one thing in common with her...they were both on the Stanley's Board of Directors when they were picked to be the Executive Director. At least Jerry has some "show" experience from being on the programming committee while being a Board member. But of course, if Jerry had great ideas to make the Stanley better, then why didn't he already put them forward while being a Board member and also a member of the programming committee?

Jerry doesn't actually know how to do anything. He's not even qualified to book shows...even if they had any money to bring in any actual shows. He certainly won't be doing any "work" at shows or interacting with the stage hands or volunteers. Whoever's been "running things" from the box office will do the work. They're just hoping he'll be able to get people to open their checkbooks.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#30 May 29, 2013
Jerry for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Jerry doesn't actually know how to do anything. He's not even qualified to book shows...even if they had any money to bring in any actual shows. He certainly won't be doing any "work" at shows or interacting with the stage hands or volunteers. Whoever's been "running things" from the box office will do the work. They're just hoping he'll be able to get people to open their checkbooks.
Yeah, that seems about right. They need someone to go out in the community to beg for money.
pete

Lee Center, NY

#31 May 29, 2013
jerry jerry jerry what did he ever do except do that crazy show on tv. Aint that him.I love jerry.
Jerry for Mayor

Ithaca, NY

#33 May 30, 2013
Jerry - can you see about getting the marquee fixed? Crazy flashing thing. Is it still under warranty?
Catch me if u can

Carthage, NY

#34 Jun 18, 2013
Watch how fast this clown will destroy the theater

MARK THESE WORDS
haha

Carthage, NY

#35 Jun 29, 2013
good bye stanley
money spent

Sherburne, NY

#37 Jun 30, 2013
Irish_michael wrote:
Just proving again Utica is about who you know or who you blow! I call Shenanigans!
U BLOW!
InTheKnow

Utica, NY

#38 Jul 30, 2017
My thoughts exactly. Jerry Kraus is the scum of the earth. He has done NOTHING for the Stanley.
Irish_michael wrote:
How does this scumbag continue to fail upwards? Guess we'll see BOC here like 15 times a year now!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Theater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Harlem cinema big on Imagenation (Aug '06) Wed Nyyyccc 1,683
News All at once, Broadway is carrying a 'torch' for... Apr 9 Gremlin 2
News Film fest organizers bemoan Port Washington cin... Apr 2 Tom Schwartz 1
News Heads up (Jun '10) Mar 31 Lacurant 2
News Wichitan auditions for American Idol, singing K... Mar 26 Beccawithlove 1
News Review: Bill Hader makes the wild and weird 'Ba... Mar 23 Bible Belt 1
News High school student 'tried to blow up a weapon ... Mar 20 DeDominicis 1