Filmmaker to premier Tent City docume...

Filmmaker to premier Tent City documentary

There are 4 comments on the Asbury Park Press story from Jul 23, 2013, titled Filmmaker to premier Tent City documentary. In it, Asbury Park Press reports that:

Tent City Homeless Camp Featured in Film: Jack Ballo has made a documentary about life in the Cedar Bridge homeless encampment and the dream that Steve Brigham has to make a new place that keeps the community together and helps nurture people toward independence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asbury Park Press.

Consider This

Lakewood, NJ

#1 Jul 27, 2013
This is a remarkable documentary about a visionary endeavor to help otherwise homeless people to provide for their needs which are largely unfulfilled by Ocean County, NJ's harsh social services policies. The Destiny's Bridge concept of a relatively self-sustaining community for people with such low income that they might otherwise be homeless is an outgrowth of the experience at Lakewood, NJ's `Tent City'.
This is a `must see' for anyone who cares about people in need,justice, natural and inalienable human rights, or the soul of America.
DaStraw

Atlantic Highlands, NJ

#2 Jul 28, 2013
This is becoming an all too common problem all across our country. We send so much aid abroad yet we allow our own, many with mental health issues, to roam our streets hungry and homeless.
Consider This

Lakewood, NJ

#3 Aug 5, 2013
The premiere sold out, but there will be other showings in various theatres, and then at film festivals - after which time it will be available for purchase as a DVD.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#5 Aug 13, 2013
(NOTE: I made my previous post before I created a Topix account, and it mis-identified my location as "Philadelphia, PA". I am actually in Lakewood, NJ - a Tent City resident since March 1st.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Theater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Miley Cyrus bares nipple on VMAs Aug 31 LOL 1
News CNN guest blasts police for swarming 'Straight ... Aug 28 USA Today 1
News Reitz Theatre Players Look to Raise Funds for J... (Dec '10) Aug 24 Harvey 8
News The doors of Pearisburg Theater open again (Jul '08) Aug 22 Love Big Girls 9
News Vacaville man sings Neil Diamond tunes Aug 20 Birds Landing Bob 1
News Capone has the groovy full rundown of the 2nd a... Aug 11 PPE 1
News Wastewater from Colorado mine flows toward New ... Aug 10 Elise Loves Rice 1
More from around the web