Hidden River Cave Hoping Addition Will Boost Business

Jun 16, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WBKO-TV Bowling Green

Hidden River Cave and the American Cave Museum are filled with history as is the town in which their located; but Horse Cave has been hit hard by the recession.

Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Jul 18, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1 Jun 17, 2013
Whoopty doo. They could market it as "the world's shortest zipline".

What they need is a crane parked on the street that clips to the people on a cave tour and hoists them out. Those stairs are plum nasty and I feel like I am going to sh** myself after climbing out of that boring tour.

They act like people are going to flock to Horse Radish because of this addition. Boy, will they be disappointed. If they offered a tour of the Thomas House for people who suffer from chronic insomnia that would make sense. A future project, the Curry-Russell Museum of Municipal Malfeasance is what I am excited to pay to see.
etp

Buffalo, KY

#2 Jun 17, 2013
Grand Daddy Mack wrote:
Whoopty doo. They could market it as "the world's shortest zipline".
What they need is a crane parked on the street that clips to the people on a cave tour and hoists them out. Those stairs are plum nasty and I feel like I am going to sh** myself after climbing out of that boring tour.
They act like people are going to flock to Horse Radish because of this addition. Boy, will they be disappointed. If they offered a tour of the Thomas House for people who suffer from chronic insomnia that would make sense. A future project, the Curry-Russell Museum of Municipal Malfeasance is what I am excited to pay to see.
What they need to do is pass the alcohol bill allowing liquor stores to open up. That will bring all the tax dollars horse cave needs.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#3 Jun 17, 2013
etp wrote:
<quoted text>
What they need to do is pass the alcohol bill allowing liquor stores to open up. That will bring all the tax dollars horse cave needs.
Unfortunately, they only passed a moist law that allows 100 seat restaurants to serve alcohol. They cannot revisit this vote for four years. Currently, there are no 100 seat restaurants but Sheila Kays, and they won't be selling beers any time soon. I agree with you etp, what good is a bill if you cannot even sell it. People in town take their money out of town, and while there, eat, and buy merchandise and services in towns that do sell it. They waited so long that now you can get alcohol in Etown, so there is no reason to come to Horse Cave to get it.
huh

Glasgow, KY

#4 Jun 17, 2013
Bringing in alcohol will be the beginning of the end of these self-serving autocrats. Alcohol will bring in new people with new ideas and new desires. They will oust these crooked politicians and put their own crooked politicians in power. randall and co. will lose control. The bookstore mafia will fade away and Horse Hole just might become something again.

They waited too long for the vote and then they voted only on an ordinance that no one would take advantage of. By the time they get alcohol, it will be too late for them to capitalize on it. The only chance they had was to go full package wet last year.

Horse Hole blew it again.
Rex

Radcliff, KY

#5 Jun 17, 2013
etp .. you are correct .. going wet would open a large amount of tax dollars, the annual sales of most counties in kentucky top 300,000. Barren and Hart counties are both hurting themselves by not cashing in on some much needed extra revenue.
Ripped off

Glasgow, KY

#6 Jun 21, 2013
Man that zip line is the worst in Kentucky. The cave tour was already the worst, and any time I ever did it I felt like there was no air in there. This zipline is a ripoff, and who the hell wants to rappel down the damn cave. I am way too old for that crap. They should have bought a damn elevator to bring people up and down. It is the least they can do after screwing them out of their admission price.
crazy p

Campbellsville, KY

#7 Jun 22, 2013
Ripped off wrote:
Man that zip line is the worst in Kentucky. The cave tour was already the worst, and any time I ever did it I felt like there was no air in there. This zipline is a ripoff, and who the hell wants to rappel down the damn cave. I am way too old for that crap. They should have bought a damn elevator to bring people up and down. It is the least they can do after screwing them out of their admission price.
Then david stay over in your gay theater and stay out of horse cave. With all the filth. I'm already there watching your skinny gay store clerk playing with the obama wind-up toy on the counter.
Not so innocent bystander

Glasgow, KY

#8 Jun 26, 2013
I give the Cave props for at least making an effort to keep their business thriving!

Did it ever occur to you all that the reason we are a dying town is because of how negative everyone responds to a valid effort as such made by someone else?!

I hope this new addition will bring the cave an overwhelming amount of trade!! I also hope others will catch on and add to...
Gendergentz

Glasgow, KY

#9 Jun 26, 2013
Not so innocent bystander wrote:
I give the Cave props for at least making an effort to keep their business thriving!
Did it ever occur to you all that the reason we are a dying town is because of how negative everyone responds to a valid effort as such made by someone else?!
I hope this new addition will bring the cave an overwhelming amount of trade!! I also hope others will catch on and add to...
eat me. that cave is a joke. you could stick a rocket up my ass and launch me to kingdome come and back from it and it wouldnt make a difference. their museum is nice, but that tour sucks. there is nothing cool to see and no flippin air in there and a sh^^load of steps to climb. They should turn it into an underground gay disco with 100 seats, sell liquor and call it Tommy C's or the Fudge Pit.

they can partner up with the dirty book store outside of town and strap colored vinyl penises on everyone's heads for additional fun. it suUuUuUuks!
ISmoke

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Jun 28, 2013
Try spending the money in a better manner than a zipline.
Maybe fix up the building that everyone sees for Hidden River Cave?? Or tear down those ragged buildings that make the city look like crap?
To be honest Horse Cave looks like a inbred town that normally drives anyone away from it. If you speak to half the vacationers like I have you will understand why Horse Cave is dieing, they are scared of the town itself and would rather spend their money in restaurants in Glasgow or Bowling Green after they have visited our small little town just to relieve themselves of what they just saw.

I mean what would you do when you looked at a pamphlet from another state for Horse Cave and you see a rich, promising, small town and then when you decide to vacation there you see dilapidated buildings dirty trashed out mechanic shop right next to the grocery store, just a totally destitute and depressing place to be at.
And yes I've send vacation pamphlets for Horse Cave as far as New York.
I can not help myself but to laugh at them and how much of a lie this is to people not aware of the place and how screwed they will be when the visit.

Just remember eye candy is what brings people. I am not meaning photoshop a picture and place it as an ad, I am talking about really cleaning up the city, Pick up your trash, paint your houses clean up the buildings. If you want to bring people here why not make them want to come back?

I heard a city council member one time say "If we can just bring a person to Horse Cave one time thats all that will be needed" WTF are you this simple minded? What builds a business is returning customers not just one time deals.

Your "Zip Line" is a one time deal, I've paid the money to ride it, and when I was done with the ride I just could not get over the fact of how people starred at me giving me the look of SUCKER!
The so called ride is short and sweet 25 minutes to get hooked up 5 seconds to get across. Now in my opinion I would have made that zip line go right down the throat of that damn cave slinging me into the cave itself. Blood and a few broken bones would have been more interesting to me and the people around me than having that SUCKER stare again.
But at last this is again a one time deal thought from someone we shall not mention. And again the city is still destitute and depressing place to be at.
Hart county anonymous

Campbellsville, KY

#11 Jun 28, 2013
I have a question to all that may know. When the mall was offerd to be annexed to the city of hors cave why did they not exept it. And who was it that voted not to exept the mall.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#12 Jun 28, 2013
Hart county anonymous wrote:
I have a question to all that may know. When the mall was offerd to be annexed to the city of hors cave why did they not exept it. And who was it that voted not to exept the mall.
Good luck. If you ask a valid question you get nothing. But lo and behold you say something about the Reverend Randall and his Chimpanzee Council. How come nobody cares that all that crime is going on just on the edge of town? Why for cryin out lod the highway exit points an arrow right in that direction so people from out of the area just assume we are all perverts who allow that sort of thing. When are you gonna do something, Mayor?
Hart county anonymous

Campbellsville, KY

#13 Jun 28, 2013
Grand Daddy Mack wrote:
<quoted text>Good luck. If you ask a valid question you get nothing. But lo and behold you say something about the Reverend Randall and his Chimpanzee Council. How come nobody cares that all that crime is going on just on the edge of town? Why for cryin out lod the highway exit points an arrow right in that direction so people from out of the area just assume we are all perverts who allow that sort of thing. When are you gonna do something, Mayor?
I believe they are fixing that part of town. With a new police chief and two new officers who can and now how to solve that problem. You see them all the time on patrol and when they are on patrol the streets are free of them people. With the right officers on duty the drug pushers are scared. So I see it working and I believe this new chief will get it don. When ever you read the paper you see a drug arrest by this officer. And these new ones they are something else. I see a bright future, and its about time! Get them boys!
Hart county anonymous

Campbellsville, KY

#14 Jun 28, 2013
Hart county anonymous wrote:
I have a question to all that may know. When the mall was offerd to be annexed to the city of hors cave why did they not exept it. And who was it that voted not to exept the mall.
I still need to know about this question.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#15 Jun 28, 2013
The old chief was a good man, who laid a lot of pipe in this here town.
Hart county anonymous

Campbellsville, KY

#16 Jun 28, 2013
Grand Daddy Mack wrote:
The old chief was a good man, who laid a lot of pipe in this here town.
If that was true, then you would have never had to sy that coment about henrytown.
ISmoke

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 Jun 29, 2013
Good officers?
When you hear the stories of officer Chuck sitting at Walter Bush's house for hours and hours and day after day it becomes a horror story.

I know a few chaps that wait to see when chuck pulls up on Walters road, not sure of the roads name but they know that they will not be caught because Chuck sits up there the rest of his shift. So these guys go right to work doing what they have to do to survive. Yes selling drugs ect...

But it's not the point, we are wasting our tax dollars on someone who just sits there doing nothing while all type of crime is committed. I've never met Chuck personally but from what I hear he has a big ego and a lost cause to the Horse Cave Police department and our tax money.

I do have a question though and not really sure but doesn't our police cars have GPS trackers like Glasgow and Bowling Green? Or even C.O.M tracker for the radios used?
I know both units give GPS cords and time stamps of the location of the office and the car and if we do have such a thing why has no one said anything to office Chuck about his time spent at Walter Bushes house?

I have seen a few videos and Photos of Chuck sitting at Walters house for hours and hours what happen to them? I mean has he even been investigated yet?
Or is this still under investigation?
the rattlesnake

Glasgow, KY

#18 Jun 29, 2013
ISmoke wrote:
Good officers?
When you hear the stories of officer Chuck sitting at Walter Bush's house for hours and hours and day after day it becomes a horror story.
I know a few chaps that wait to see when chuck pulls up on Walters road, not sure of the roads name but they know that they will not be caught because Chuck sits up there the rest of his shift. So these guys go right to work doing what they have to do to survive. Yes selling drugs ect...
But it's not the point, we are wasting our tax dollars on someone who just sits there doing nothing while all type of crime is committed. I've never met Chuck personally but from what I hear he has a big ego and a lost cause to the Horse Cave Police department and our tax money.
I do have a question though and not really sure but doesn't our police cars have GPS trackers like Glasgow and Bowling Green? Or even C.O.M tracker for the radios used?
I know both units give GPS cords and time stamps of the location of the office and the car and if we do have such a thing why has no one said anything to office Chuck about his time spent at Walter Bushes house?
I have seen a few videos and Photos of Chuck sitting at Walters house for hours and hours what happen to them? I mean has he even been investigated yet?
Or is this still under investigation?
you think posting about it in a thread about the cave's new zipline is going to make a big impact? You wrote it up well, just mail it anonymously to the mayor or your favorite city council member. send a copy to the chief of police. you have valid points, but this thread isnt the place to make a stink about it.
Hart county anonymous

Campbellsville, KY

#19 Jun 30, 2013
ISmoke wrote:
Good officers?
When you hear the stories of officer Chuck sitting at Walter Bush's house for hours and hours and day after day it becomes a horror story.
I know a few chaps that wait to see when chuck pulls up on Walters road, not sure of the roads name but they know that they will not be caught because Chuck sits up there the rest of his shift. So these guys go right to work doing what they have to do to survive. Yes selling drugs ect...
But it's not the point, we are wasting our tax dollars on someone who just sits there doing nothing while all type of crime is committed. I've never met Chuck personally but from what I hear he has a big ego and a lost cause to the Horse Cave Police department and our tax money.
I do have a question though and not really sure but doesn't our police cars have GPS trackers like Glasgow and Bowling Green? Or even C.O.M tracker for the radios used?
I know both units give GPS cords and time stamps of the location of the office and the car and if we do have such a thing why has no one said anything to office Chuck about his time spent at Walter Bushes house?
I have seen a few videos and Photos of Chuck sitting at Walters house for hours and hours what happen to them? I mean has he even been investigated yet?
Or is this still under investigation?
Where have you seen them and have you turned them into the proper authorities. When was this evidence made. And do you have a copy. I have seen officer webb do really well with his job. So if you saw evidence of something else then you need to explain more about it. This is just making you sound as though you are just complaining about a police officer for visiting a former police officer like you have a grudge or something. Please if you have evidence then please turn it in. Give us more info, don't leave us in the loop.
optmistic

Glasgow, KY

#20 Jun 30, 2013
ISmoke wrote:
Good officers?
When you hear the stories of officer Chuck sitting at Walter Bush's house for hours and hours and day after day it becomes a horror story.
I know a few chaps that wait to see when chuck pulls up on Walters road, not sure of the roads name but they know that they will not be caught because Chuck sits up there the rest of his shift. So these guys go right to work doing what they have to do to survive. Yes selling drugs ect...
But it's not the point, we are wasting our tax dollars on someone who just sits there doing nothing while all type of crime is committed. I've never met Chuck personally but from what I hear he has a big ego and a lost cause to the Horse Cave Police department and our tax money.
I do have a question though and not really sure but doesn't our police cars have GPS trackers like Glasgow and Bowling Green? Or even C.O.M tracker for the radios used?
I know both units give GPS cords and time stamps of the location of the office and the car and if we do have such a thing why has no one said anything to office Chuck about his time spent at Walter Bushes house?
I have seen a few videos and Photos of Chuck sitting at Walters house for hours and hours what happen to them? I mean has he even been investigated yet?
Or is this still under investigation?
I am so HAPPY to hear someone else complain on him!! Please, by all means, turn it in!! Any and every form of evidence you have! Chuck IS a world class idiot that never deserved to be hired on the force, AGAIN!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Theater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Milwaukee Student Named Rising Star Fri Mom of two 3
At the McDonnell trial, sidewalk visuals drive ... Thu Gary 1
Melody Top Music Theater: In gentler times, Hil... (Jun '09) Aug 27 StarMountainKId 19
Years after Fort Ritchie opened for redevelopme... Aug 27 GenPatton 1
New Harlem cinema big on Imagenation (Aug '06) Aug 26 The Driver 1,576
Paterson artist speaks at United Nations symposium Aug 25 anjelicamom 1
What to do: Friday, August 22 Aug 25 Gasman 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Theater People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••