Estes Park giant malamute preps to put paws in big time

Full story: Estes Park Trail-Gazette

Ready for his close-up, Mukluk remains stunningly handsome - and gracefully humongous, next to his "little person," Susan Harding.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
EstesNative

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

I love this dog-he is awesome!!
Absolutely

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Holy Wood to the rescue. No reason to get a job to raise the money when you can put out a donations jar and get the media to do the work for you. I guess then next time the rabbit that I bought needs a vaccination, I'll just set up outside the Safeway with a jar and solicit change.

Thank you Julie for once again educating us as to who is really hurting in this world. Not the Syrians citizens, not the Afghani women and children, not the people still without shelter or stability in central Africa, but a woman with a big dog who needs an operation, not to live, but to travel to the Holy Land because of one silly moron holding out an empty promise. There are apparently no photogenic breeds anywhere closer to the Holy City than Colorado, so we must, we must give all we have to make this dream possible.

Any chance any of this money will go to anything other than the needed operation? Because this woman seems so, gosh, believable.
Maybe

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

you should get a job and spend less time trolling the EP comment boards from Texas. If you don't want to donate then don't. Idiot
Or maybe

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

I already have a job and am tired of Julie Harvey the invisible 6 foot rabbit being paid for not doing her job, which is to stop writing crap about how everyone needs money to pursue their wild-ass dreams and we should be footing the bill for it. If Juley wants a world of lollipops and pillow fights where everyone gets what they want, maybe she should get out and start working curbside, rather than constantly trolling the local vets for stories about cuddly furry creatures. Remember when everyone in the area spent all that money and attention on a horse that was born prematurely and died? The life lesson that should have come from that is: Spend your money on things that actually might have a benefit, not flush it down the toilet because of a bunch of wimpy bleeding heart worm lovers.
YOU MEAN

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

LIKE MOAR GUNZ? IS ANYBODY FORCING YOU TO DONATE? I'M CONFUSED AT WHY YOU FEEL THE NEED TO BE BIG BROTHER AND TELL THE AMERICAN PEOPLE HOW TO SPEND THEIR MONEY. PRETTY SIMPLE, IF YOU DONT LIKE THE CAUSE, DONT DONATE TO IT. THAT IS ALL.
That horse

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Or maybe wrote:
I already have a job and am tired of Julie Harvey the invisible 6 foot rabbit being paid for not doing her job, which is to stop writing crap about how everyone needs money to pursue their wild-**** dreams and we should be footing the bill for it. If Juley wants a world of lollipops and pillow fights where everyone gets what they want, maybe she should get out and start working curbside, rather than constantly trolling the local vets for stories about cuddly furry creatures. Remember when everyone in the area spent all that money and attention on a horse that was born prematurely and died? The life lesson that should have come from that is: Spend your money on things that actually might have a benefit, not flush it down the toilet because of a bunch of wimpy bleeding heart worm lovers.
never stood a chance.
Very true

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Maybe wrote:
you should get a job and spend less time trolling the EP comment boards from Texas. If you don't want to donate then don't. Idiot
But I doubt this person is from Texas. Folks have a right to verbally fight what they perceive as injustices especially in Estes Park. That's the only way to do it until a handful of bullies leave this town and we can live and function like most communities in Colorado and the USA...unified and civilized.
Just

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

YOU MEAN wrote:
LIKE MOAR GUNZ? IS ANYBODY FORCING YOU TO DONATE? I'M CONFUSED AT WHY YOU FEEL THE NEED TO BE BIG BROTHER AND TELL THE AMERICAN PEOPLE HOW TO SPEND THEIR MONEY. PRETTY SIMPLE, IF YOU DONT LIKE THE CAUSE, DONT DONATE TO IT. THAT IS ALL.
following Obama's example
True indeed

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Very true wrote:
<quoted text>
But I doubt this person is from Texas...
You are spot on. The bi-polar troll posts from a myriad of ISPs, and often can be found posting responses to itself hours apart if no one else is posting that day. It specializes in rude comments and attempts at humor using vulgarity and adolescent jokes.
Al that said, it is right on about J. Harvey and the trash that this "news"paper does cover and the news it ignores. Here's a breaking headline - there have been arrests in the cases of the break-ins at local medical offices. If you want details, I would suggest there's a better chance of reading about it in Friday's (March 22) Coloradoan, or the Loveland Reporter than anything coming out of Estes.
Will do

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

True indeed wrote:
<quoted text>
You are spot on. The bi-polar troll posts from a myriad of ISPs, and often can be found posting responses to itself hours apart if no one else is posting that day. It specializes in rude comments and attempts at humor using vulgarity and adolescent jokes.
Al that said, it is right on about J. Harvey and the trash that this "news"paper does cover and the news it ignores. Here's a breaking headline - there have been arrests in the cases of the break-ins at local medical offices. If you want details, I would suggest there's a better chance of reading about it in Friday's (March 22) Coloradoan, or the Loveland Reporter than anything coming out of Estes.
Had no idea there were arrests but glad there were. Couldn't have been the EP police cracking the case was it? They are too busy settingup speed traps.
Of course

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Volcano HI is the most frequent ISP used by the bi-polar troll. So you really ought to check your underwear to see if it is filled with anything. Funny how someone can both attack and support another posters position at the same time. Isn't that the definition of schizoid?
unfair

Arvada, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

my name is joe and i live in volcano and your misrepresentation of volcano is very unfair yes most people raise killer weed and have little motivation to do anything except inbreed but as you can see we are able to type quickly at western union when we need money from our parents
This is too funny

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

I have a pig that someone told me is so cute it should be on "Green Acres". They said the show was still on, and all I needed to do was get a ticket to Burbank and they would for sure cast it.

Sadly, it needs a nose job because the ring I put in her nose tore some of her delicate cartilege, and they are unable to shoot around it. So it needs to be fixed, and I don't have a lot of interest in paying my own money for it.

Which newspaper out there can help? Which one of the two do you think is more frivolous and supports more nonsense money raising efforts?
Angela Welborn-Owner

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Just for the public's information. Because our name "Estes Park Pet Supply", appears in the content of this article, we, in no way, shape or form endorse the giving of donations to this dog for cosmetic surgery. Their are far too many animals, with far more serious problems that need help. Under no circumstance will donations be collected at our store for this endeavor! I wish the writer of this article would have checked with us first before putting our name in, as it looks as if we are promoting this. This could further from the truth.
Finally Sanity Returns

Arvada, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Here we get to the heart of the problem, which is that THERE ARE MUCH MORE IMPORTANT CAUSES TO PROMOTE than some dog's cosmetic surgery.

When the hell are our newspapers going to get a clue, and stop allowing their reporters to write about their pet projects, and instead assign them to search out and report on real people with real needs and real stories.

"Comfort the afflicted, afflict the comfortable"

NOT

"Publish a different picture of the mayor each week" and "Write up yet another cockamamie story about a half-crazed nut case"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••