Woman dead in house a week

Woman dead in house a week

There are 104 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Apr 20, 2007, titled Woman dead in house a week. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Authorities today identified a woman found dead in a posh Carmel home as Leanne Paulsen, a standout talent in local musical theater productions of the 1990's and Carmel High School's homecoming queen in 1985.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

READ OR SHUT UP

AOL

#98 Apr 20, 2007
purduechick wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, How do you know she has been married three times? No article has mentioned that and furthermore I don't think it has anything to with the current situation.
For God's sake, can't any of you Hoosier fools read?

This information has been available since about 5:30 this evening when the Star website included this:

Melody Finchum, a ballet instructor in Fishers, also performed at ACT when Paulsen, who had been married three times, was known locally as Leanne Serrano or, during a prior marriage, Leanne Serrano Blanton.

Since: Apr 07

Newport, KY

#99 Apr 20, 2007
purduechick wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, How do you know she has been married three times? No article has mentioned that and furthermore I don't think it has anything to with the current situation.
They must have updated since the last time I checked.. I see it now... I still don't think it is relvant to what has happened.
prayers and sympathy to the Serrano Family.
George

Indianapolis, IN

#102 Apr 21, 2007
To have it all, means having nothing it seems.
class of 85

Springfield, MA

#104 Apr 21, 2007
we were in the same class..she was a sweet girl to everyone. she was found dead in the attic. he knew where she was..he put her there. the poor baby probably was crying for mommy for over a week and that drove him out of the house, thank God, where the police found him in a 'fog' wandering around...where were her sisters? if my sister was MIA and i was being blown off since DECEMBER i certainly would have gone over and insisted to see her. I would not have left until i saw and spoke to her.
Lance

Ossining, NY

#105 Apr 21, 2007
Leanne was one of my best friends. Although I hadn't spoken to her for a few years, anytime we spoke, it was like we'd never missed a day in each others lives. I miss her horribly and her death has left a huge hole in my soul. I pray for her and her family to find peace. I miss you Leanne.
Lance

Ossining, NY

#106 Apr 21, 2007
Time to buy wrote:
I wonder if someone could get a really good deal on the house since someone just croaked in it?
You are a disgusting human being by making light of a horrible tragedy. I should only hope your life is visited with something similar.
Neemaw

Arcadia, FL

#107 Apr 21, 2007
I googled JJ Paulsen and 4.5.2007 he quoted on the DefendRosie.com

http://www.defendrosie.com/comments/comments1...
Dora -Alabama

Birmingham, AL

#110 Apr 25, 2007
I don't understand how people can be so cruel. Instead of focusing on the house value or the property value, as human beings, we should be focused on the tragedy of this life lost and this son that's now without a mother. AND the family that suffers loss for her child, their sister. My prayers are extended to Suzanne, Sharon, Katie, Geri, Christopher and all extended family.
Oscar

Carmel, IN

#111 Apr 25, 2007
Leanne Serrano Paulsen was born November 17, 1967 in Birmingham, AL to Raoul (Ralph) L. and Suzanne Gant Serrano. She was a 1985 graduate of Carmel High School, where she was homecoming queen, and a 1989 graduate of Indiana University where she was an honor student, a member of Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority and a member and captain of the Red Stepper Dance Team. Leanne was active in the Indianapolis Civic Theatre and the American Cabaret Theatre. She was a member of the Broadway Tour of Jesus Christ Superstar and South Pacific. She was a regular cast member of The Yuletide Celebration in Indianapolis and the New York City Rockette's Christmas Special. A funeral mass will be held Thursday, April 26 at Noon at St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic Church, of which she was a member. Friends and family may call at the church from 10 a.m. until the time of the service. Burial will be in Oaklawn Memorial Gardens. Leanne is survived by her son, Christopher Raoul Paulsen; mother and step-father, Suzanne and Stephen Otis; sisters, Gerri (Mark) Shaffer, Katy Serrano and Sharon (Erick) Deam; three nephews and four nieces. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that memorial contributions be made to the Christopher Paulsen Trust, in care of any Fifth Third Bank location. www.flannerbuchanon.com

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis, IN

#112 Apr 27, 2007
Judgement Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean like offering prayers to some imaginary god? That offends me Wanker.
You're SICK!
sad

Birmingham, AL

#113 Apr 27, 2007
Serge A Storms wrote:
There goes the property value. Hard to get the stench of a week old corpse out of a room...
imagine, if you will, how YOU would feel if this happened to your Mother, sister, or even daughter. And especially the feelings you would have if someone made the comment that you've made.
Did you also see

United States

#114 Apr 27, 2007
Neemaw wrote:
I googled JJ Paulsen and 4.5.2007 he quoted on the DefendRosie.com
http://www.defendrosie.com/comments/comments1...
Leanne quoted about 40 seconds after his quote?
Chas

AOL

#116 Apr 28, 2007
You A-hole! Someone should cut off your nuts!
Chas

AOL

#117 Apr 28, 2007
Serge A Storms wrote:
There goes the property value. Hard to get the stench of a week old corpse out of a room...
You will die a despickable death.
Serge A Storms

Chicago, IL

#119 Apr 30, 2007
Chas wrote:
<quoted text>You will die a despickable death.
You sound like Sylvester the cat...
Alan

United States

#120 Apr 30, 2007
A very sad story, but Romans 8:28 gives us hope.
Levi

Honolulu, HI

#121 Apr 30, 2007
Lance wrote:
Leanne was one of my best friends. Although I hadn't spoken to her for a few years, anytime we spoke, it was like we'd never missed a day in each others lives. I miss her horribly and her death has left a huge hole in my soul. I pray for her and her family to find peace. I miss you Leanne.
Lance - she spoke of you often - i believe we only met once. myself, a few of our close friends are devestated. i miss her so much
Serge A Storms

Chicago, IL

#123 May 2, 2007
Let it go!
zeta sister

Indianapolis, IN

#124 May 3, 2007
FIRST OF ALL MY HEART GOES OUT TO THE SERRANO FAMILY. I CAN'T BELIEVE A MONSTER LIKE THIS COULD DO HARM TO SUCH A BEAUTIFUL WOMEN OR ANYONE BY THAT MEANS. I DO HAVE TO ADD THAT THERE ARE SO MANY CALLUS PEOPLE REGARDING THIS STORY. IF ANYONE KNEW LEANNE THEY KNEW SHE WAS KIND AND SWEET. JUST BECAUSE YOU LIVE IN THE HOOD AND THE LIBERAL MEDIA TAKES OVER YOUR LIVES DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE TO BE SO CRITICAL. THAT JUST SHOWS YOUR IGNORRANCE. LEANNE YOU WILL BE MISSED SO MUCH. REST IN PEACE.
whatever

Downers Grove, IL

#125 Nov 26, 2007
I find it amazing how quick everyone is to judge without any real evidence.

Isn't this country supposed to believe in "innocent until proven guilty?"

I hope this doesn't happen to any of our sons, brothers, dads, sisters, mothers, daughters.
We should use this judicial system to decide guilt....not some public forum that only has facts from newspapers - especially local ones!

Maybe she was a wonderful person and he didn't do it. Maybe he is a wonderful person who is incarcerated for no reason. Maybe both of them were at fault on some level. Maybe neither were at fault. And What about the child?
Come on, people! Do you or do you not believe in our justice system?!

This is really scary to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Theater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anita Hill to lead Hollywood's sexual assault t... 6 hr CodeTalker 3
News Boston University Professor Calls 'Jingle Bells... 8 hr Fucisil 2
News Gorilla Rep to Train This Summer for Potential ... (Apr '13) Dec 14 kushner yidfellas 2
News Elder Christofferson applauds journalists as am... Dec 12 tongangodz 2
News Hurricane Harvey Flooded Houston's Theater Dist... Dec 11 FART LUMPS 5
News Ebenezer Scrooge's Big Playhouse Christmas Show... Dec 8 Cynthia Cortes 1
News New Harlem cinema big on Imagenation (Aug '06) Dec 4 Mitch Lawrence 1,668
More from around the web