Carol Cain: People care about the old...

Carol Cain: People care about the old Detroit neighborhoods

There are 4 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 10, 2014, titled Carol Cain: People care about the old Detroit neighborhoods. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

As if I needed confirmation folks care about the Motor City, all I had do was look at the reaction from readers to my recent column about visiting my old neighborhood in Detroit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Steve

Columbia, SC

#2 Aug 10, 2014
This is largely hope over reality.. The infrastructure has been removed/altered in a way that is not retrievable. More importantly, the people that made the old neighborhoods livable have moved to places that are still livable.
Those who try to hold on the longest in these neighborhoods suffer the most. I realize that to some people, restoring the neighborhood means making it as it was 10-15 years ago. I suppose that is possible because it was dead by then anyway. Sure, open a grocery store and a nail salon. Enjoy your nirvana.
iceman

Livonia, MI

#3 Aug 10, 2014
cant even make no money flying a sign any more
people got no money

Cherokee Village, AR

#5 Aug 11, 2014
I think Detroit is a sign of what is coming for America. I hope I am wrong!
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#7 Aug 12, 2014
If anyone actually cared about the city the city would not be in the sad condition it is today.

But that's what the voters of Detroit wanted one political party in charge with unqualified people in office and city hall

Hey voters how's that 50 years of voting for black democrats working for ya??

Life better in the hood with all them corrupt democrats mismanaging things in city hall.

Crime less , more jobs, fewer welfare ho's, illegal immigrants ?

Just remember what you tax you get less of what you subsidize you get more of.

now with the axiom in mind look around your city and see what you have been subsidizing and what you have been over taxing and over regulating for the past 40 or so years.

Not pretty is it?. But this is what you been voting for

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Theater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ma Rainey Profile (Nov '11) 8 hr Will Dockery 24
News 'Faces:' New film tells story of addiction in t... Jan 15 Cops are degenerates 1
News Doors Open Saturday In Jamestown Jan 14 Teresi 1
News Farewell to a golden era (Jun '07) Jan 13 ima hoosier 246
News Father-daughter team performs in 'Christmas Carol' Jan 11 Fitus T Bluster 12
News Eastport's Community Theater Group rounds out t... Jan 10 paula 1
News Even at $10.10, it's still a struggle Jan 9 BPT 1
More from around the web